Some cool Screenshots I took from the new FE: IF trailer

Noahfest

I really don't think more fanservice is the answer to fanservice. Rather than just making both genders sex objects, they should just focus on making good design choices that can please everyone. You can admire a character's looks without having to drool all over them, seriously.

Totally agree, it'd also be nice to have more characters that aren't super beautiful that are still likeable. Of course when waifus are involved you pretty much have to make your cast be cute. Although some of the possible recruits seem to be more varied in terms of looks (Ganz, the ninja assassin guy).

I generally prefer characters not to be sexualized in their design unless there's a reason for why they dress that way. It makes sense for Sonia for example to dress in a revealing outfit. It makes less sense for Camilla since she's a physical warrior who rides a Wyvern but I'm gonna wait to learn more about her before making a judgment. The outfit itself isn't the best in terms of design admittedly.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was being facetious guys. I wish they'd tone back on the fan-service as well. My favorite designs in the series were from the GBA era, where women were much more modestly clad. More Priscilla and less Tharja, thanks.

Women are pretty modestly clad in Tellius too... In fact, I think Mist and Ilyana were the only females there that had short skirts and a lack of pants (Callil didn't have pants either, but she at least had a long dress). Even Pegasus knights gained leggings when they promoted.

Women are pretty modestly clad in Tellius too... In fact, I think Mist and Ilyana were the only females there that had short skirts and a lack of pants (Callil didn't have pants either, but she at least had a long dress). Even Pegasus knights gained leggings when they promoted.

ITT: Nepheenee and Mia weren't a part of Tellius. And Micaiah never promoted.

I generally prefer characters not to be sexualized in their design unless there's a reason for why they dress that way. It makes sense for Sonia for example to dress in a revealing outfit. It makes less sense for Camilla since she's a physical warrior who rides a Wyvern but I'm gonna wait to learn more about her before making a judgment. The outfit itself isn't the best in terms of design admittedly.

I'm annoyed with Camilla's outfit, because this wouldn't be the first time IS introduced a big-busted wyvern unit. Difference is that Vaida, at least, has something that makes sense (her hair).

Because we want to be seen as people and not as sex objects? Making women so scantily clad and sexualized in media wouldn't help with that at all.

Being sexually desirable is not being a sex object, no men nor women can be compared to a sex object because they do not exist solely for said purpose, yet they can be found sexually desirable.

I can understand how RD!Ike can be fanservicey and desirable by girls, yet I do not complain about him being oversexualized or the like. It is not like men with huge abs and masculinity haven't been portrayed before, and it is not like it's not natural, much like women with huge boobs and revealed thighs are.

i find it stupid, but when I see an oversexualized character, I shrug and let it pass. it is an irrelevant characteristic, to me, when compared to the plot and character build/development.

Edited by Rapier

ITT: Nepheenee and Mia weren't a part of Tellius. And Micaiah never promoted.

I'm annoyed with Camilla's outfit, because this wouldn't be the first time IS introduced a big-busted wyvern unit. Difference is that Vaida, at least, has something that makes sense (her hair).

Mia has long leggings for all of her classes, Nephenee for her 2nd tier and Micaiah has tights for her first two classes. I wouldn't describe any of them as overly fanservicey. Not liking zettai ryouiki, what is wrong with you?

I really don't think more fanservice is the answer to fanservice. Rather than just making both genders sex objects, they should just focus on making good design choices that can please everyone. You can admire a character's looks without having to drool all over them, seriously.

Shezzy is the most intelligent person here, ignore his title.

Let's just hope Camilla is the only one.

I disagree on Camilla's even being good design out of aesthetics. I wouldn't say it doesn't have merits completely, since the top half from a pure visual standpoint is alright. Like it has been said, the detailing there is good and I'm going to give some props for that. However, the bottom half of the design is a complete mess. The awkwardly shaped thigh armor things clashes with the finely detailed top half, and the crotch curtain looks, like, well, a cross between a curtain and an army banner with some holes in it to deliberately show panty instead of actual articles of clothing. It even looks like it's hanging off the ugly thigh armor like curtains. Honestly, if the point of the design was to be 130% sex appeal and show the panties, then just show the goddamn panties instead of hiding it behind some ugly-ass curtains. While the top is strong from an entirely aesthetic point of view, the bottom is just such a complete mess that I can't honestly even call it a good design even with practicality entirely out the window.

Some things Aversa and Tharja both at least had in their designs is consistency as a whole. They don't look like something that's kinda just thrown together and doesn't really match or work together. That's what Camilla's design looks like to me.

That being said I'm not going to hate on Camilla as a character because someone decided to violate the one basic metric of solid character design on her. That's not her fault. I'll judge her character based on personality when the game is actually out.

Really diggin' the high res screenshots, OP. Great work!

Edited by Thor Odinson

I can understand how RD!Ike can be fanservicey and desirable by girls, yet I do not complain about him being oversexualized or the like. It is not like men with huge abs and masculinity haven't been portrayed before, and it is not like it's not natural, much like women with huge boobs and revealed thighs are.

i find it stupid, but when I see an oversexualized character, I shrug and let it pass. it is an irrelevant characteristic, to me, when compared to the plot and character build/development.

Except Ike isn't sexualized at all. He's not parading abs or big balls or anything around, we can only see one of his biceps. And that makes sense, because his arms are so big at that point that it's probably hard for him to find sleeves that won't rip when he puts them on. Plus he had a ripped sleeve in PoR anyway. So he was probably like "fuck it, I'm not wearing any sleeves anymore."

Women don't go around in public showing off their underwear or wearing tops as revealing as Camilla's. She might as well go topless if she's going to have that thing on, it barely covers her boobs.

And for the record, I wouldn't want a man to be (over)sexualized either. Heck, I find Frederick's crotch to be...kinda out there. A guy like him would not show a crotch like that... But that's the only problem I have with his design (over-emphasized balls). Otherwise, he's quite fine.

Edited by Anacybele

And for the record, I wouldn't want a man to be (over)sexualized either. Heck, I find Frederick's crotch to be...kinda out there. A guy like him would not show a crotch like that... But that's the only problem I have with his design (over-emphasized balls). Otherwise, he's quite fine.

Wait what?

*looks at his artwork*

capture_by_rubydragoncat-d8ofg1f.png

...Cannot unsee o_o

...Cannot unsee o_o

Damn it internet, you surprise me once again.

Women don't go around in public showing off their underwear or wearing tops as revealing as Camilla's. She might as well go topless if she's going to have that thing on, it barely covers her boobs.

Okay, true enough, but how is it relevant and how does it represent women being used as sex objects? Camilla wears a skimpy suit, she does not represent women, she's just a character. :v

...Cannot unsee o_o

I... I did not know that was there. And it's weird cause I can't look away... well, I can but it's so.... unexpected. But then again, you have to study the picture a little bit so it's not that bad.

Um, is it news to you guys that male genitalia is on the outside? Anyone with tight pants is going to have a bulge.

Now the question is: why is he wearing tight pants?

It's not up in your face like Camilla, though.

Hence why most of us didn't notice until it was pointed out.

This.

Edited by Dragoncat

Skin-tight clothing offers good mobility. Being a horseman and all, I'm sure it worked out in his favor. Frederick's always one step ahead.

Skin-tight clothing offers good mobility. Being a horseman and all, I'm sure it worked out in his favor. Frederick's always one step ahead.

I hope he's wearing a cup though lol...he could accidentally sit on the saddle wrong and...say goodbye to his manhood.

It'd be kinda like that Awkward Zombie comic where Link jumps off the roof onto Epona and gets the saddle horn shoved right there.

How can people dislike Awakening? Between Tharja boobs and Frederik crotch, truly there is something for everyone.

Joking, please don't hurt me, I bruise easily.

Yeah, but... Did it need to be THAT tight-looking? Good lord, Frederick. xP

Also, I'm surprised you guys didn't notice this about him. I noticed it like...right away the first time I saw his art.

I agree Camilla is way more up in your face, just like Tiki's boobs and outfit, so Freddy isn't really bad at all.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, but... Did it need to be THAT tight-looking? Good lord, Frederick. xP

Also, I'm surprised you guys didn't notice this about him. I noticed it like...right away the first time I saw his art.

I agree Camilla is way more up in your face, just like Tiki's boobs and outfit, so Freddy isn't really bad at all.

I never really looked at it that much `V('~')V`

Not that I'm saying to you guys stop as I like to see discussions like this one, but amuses me how a simple screenshot thread became this discussion about sexualized characters, or to be more specific Camilla... >.< Go on now!

I dunno what you guys are talking about, Camilla is obviously a genius. Not only does she love her body, the skin she's in, and is comfortable showing that off, but she is also potentially utilizing it as a way to distract and seduce enemies. Stop hating on her, she's done nothing wrong :P

No, but in all seriousness, I think that the developers intentially made her cleveage a bit over the top knowing that it would be a major talking point. Obviously the pervs are gonna take her and idolize her, and all of the asexuals and other weirdos people who are pissed off by her appearance are going to make a huge deal out of it. When these two groups of people go out speaking against her or making a huge deal about her (whether it's good or bad), more and more people find out about the character, which leads them to find out about the game. Ultimately it's a way to gain publicity.

Edited by Rawkstar

There's already rule 34 of Camilla floating around on tumblr.

Why am I not surprised...

No, but in all seriousness, I think that the developers intentially made her cleveage a bit over the top knowing that it would be a major talking point. Obviously the pervs are gonna take her and idolize her, and all of the asexuals and other weirdos people who are pissed off by her appearance are going to make a huge deal out of it. When these two groups of people go out speaking against her or making a huge deal about her (whether it's good or bad), more and more people find out about the character, which leads them to find out about the game. Ultimately it's a way to gain publicity.

Sad but true.