Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Ballot?

Knight

Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Ballot  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

2. 2. Whom?

• In other poll
    • Raiden
    • Bayonetta
    • Wonder Red
    • Simon Belmont
    • Other Castlevania protag
    • Chrom
    • Inkling
    • S.T.E.A.M. Character
    • Any other Pokemon
    • Any other Fire Emblem character
    • Bandana Dee
    • Indie Game Character
    • Daisy
    • Bomberman
    • Krystal
    • Character from other Capcom franchise
    • Character from other Namco franchise
    • Takamaru, Ice Climbers, other obscure dead Nintendo franchise
    • Other/None (then why did you even vote)

Quite curious who you guys voted for. I tried to think of as many of the most popular choices that I most often hear, but let me know who it was I missed if he/she/it is not there.

EDIT: Also explain why if you want.

Edited by Knight

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have voted for Ninten if he had a chance, but I went with Roy because he seems like a very popular choice, he is a cut character, and he is a Fire Emblem character. Issac would have been my second choice, although I have Golden Sun, I haven't beaten it yet.

I can only hope that Phoenix Wright will finally have his day in Smash. But Hector, Captain Toad, Shovel Knight, and/or Reyn would also be welcome additions.

How will Phoenix Wright even fight? Doesn't he just solve cases? I'm not against you, I'm just wondering.

How will Phoenix Wright even fight? Doesn't he just solve cases? I'm not against you, I'm just wondering.

He can throw papers and evidence at opponents. There's probably something that they can do with "Objection!" and his pointer finger. He was even a fighter in Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, but I don't know much about that series, or what he actually did in that game.

Edited by Zvarri!

Isaac all the way.

Also imo this thread might be more interesting if we talked about the rationale that we supplied in the "why should this character become a fighter" box...

[spoiler=I'll start]Isaac has a super wide array of psynergy, which open up a widely varied pool of potential moves; in addition, the Djinn mechanics (and summons, I guess) unique to Golden Sun could be utilized as completely unique mechanics, similar to Shulk's Monado Arts (that they change the character in different ways).

As far as the character/franchise himself, Isaac is the face of Golden, one of the premier RPGs for the GBA, which is among the last franchises still unrepresented in Smash Bros.

Inkling and Fiora so far.

I thought you only got one vote...?

I went with Luke Fon Fabre. I would've voted Lloyd, but first of all, I haven't played Tales of Symphonia, secondly, Tales of the Abyss is the latest Tales of Game on a Nintendo system, AKA, the 3DS.

An obscure character from a somewhat obscure Namco Bandai franchise: Coronamon like I said in the Direct thread.

Yes we're more likely to get Obama than him, but I want it and the votes are meant to be for what the voter wants, I could have picked Roy, but I don't like him at all.

There's a bunch of FE characters I could have chosen: Sigurd, Hector, Ephraim.

But whatever, it'll bother me if I don't put my favourite character from my favourite franchise.

Better than voting for Shrek.

I submitted Daroach from Kirby Squeak Squad/Mass Attack... and no, not just because he's one of the only kirby characters to ever get development, that's irrelevant here lol.

Largely just because I could see him being a really unique character to play. Ice beams, fire pillar bombs, the Triple Star itself with its homing, bouncing, or controlled piercing stars... And don't forget his army of underlings that're totally more dangerous than dedede's goons. Oh and he can teleport but that's a generic late boss ability in kirby games.

I know people call it a "Vote" but it doesn't seem like a vote to me, there's no statistic on the site to track who's got the lead, and the form is too open to really be a "vote". It feels more like a suggestion box, which is why I went with somebody who surely hadn't been submitted yet, even though at least a few of the popular votes I'd be okay with seeing too.

Edited by Ritisa

Vaati! Glad to see him in the poll, even alongside Ghirahim! I wouldn't mind seeing him either though, or Daisy or Dixie Kong. :3

But Vaati would be a very good choice because Zelda is kind of newcomer needy, he'd be unique, his moveset wouldn't be hard to come up with, and Smash could always use more villains! Plus, Vaati doesn't currently exist in the game in any form, so adding him wouldn't require any changes to already included content.

Edited by Anacybele