Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Ballot?

Knight

Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Ballot  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

2. 2. Whom?

• In other poll
    • Raiden
    • Bayonetta
    • Wonder Red
    • Simon Belmont
    • Other Castlevania protag
    • Chrom
    • Inkling
    • S.T.E.A.M. Character
    • Any other Pokemon
    • Any other Fire Emblem character
    • Bandana Dee
    • Indie Game Character
    • Daisy
    • Bomberman
    • Krystal
    • Character from other Capcom franchise
    • Character from other Namco franchise
    • Takamaru, Ice Climbers, other obscure dead Nintendo franchise
    • Other/None (then why did you even vote)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ballot went to Toad. Even if he is Peach's standard special and even if he doesn't become DLC, I thought I'd at least support and be vocal about how I feel it's practically wrong to not have a 2 decade old Nintendo character as iconic, well-recognized, popular, and promoted as him not be playable in Smash yet.

Also:

Smash Facebook Page heavily implies Ballot is for Nintendo characters only

...yeah... I thought I should post that here despite me posting it in the SSB4 thread already, since it's much more applicable here.

Yeah, sure, in the same sense you're not supposed to make duplicates of a key you own that says "Do not duplicate".

There's really nothing stopping people from voting more than once. There's no IP check (at least not immediate block), no account system, the voting is even entirely anonymous. Sure, Nintendo stated "only one vote", sure, but I doubt they expect people to follow that rule.

...wait, so you can literally keep voting over and over again on the same computer/IP adress?

...I can't help but feel that even if that's possible, they'll just check for submissions submitted from the same IP addresses and disqualify them...

Nintendo hasn't responded to any of the companies who've promoted their characters with a no, not to mention "Nintendo Character" is a pretty vague definition. Plus, with the enthusiasm of the other companies (even Microsoft of all things) I doubt there'd be any problem if those characters get the most votes.

I'd only say that non-Nintendo characters aren't possible if they use the phrase "only" Nintendo characters, or if Nintendo speaks out against them. (which would be a dick move to the Indie companies)

It warms my heart to see so much love for Isaac. :3 Golden Sun was one of my first real RPGs and totally made me love the genre.

He would be so cool, it's easy to think he would just be a sword user or a sword mage but there's really no reason for him to use his sword at all tbh. He has so many Psynergy abilities in the games he can use that involve attacking with lava, earth, plants, giant hands, giant swords, and that's just in his base class. He also has Djinn which are little monsters that are used for changing classes and learning new powers, and each of them has a personal ability like buffing/debuffing, freezing the enemy, casting status effects, etc. His final smash should obviously be one of the Venus element summons (Judgment pls). All this untapped potential just screams Smash Bro!

Now while I'm really hoping he gets in, there's so many other good candidates that I'll be excited for pretty much anyone. Isaac would be beautiful though.

oh how I would love to see the black knight in smash too bad it will never happen I suppose I am still happy that chrom will never be anything more than an ike clone

It warms my heart to see so much love for Isaac. :3 Golden Sun was one of my first real RPGs and totally made me love the genre.

He would be so cool, it's easy to think he would just be a sword user or a sword mage but there's really no reason for him to use his sword at all tbh. He has so many Psynergy abilities in the games he can use that involve attacking with lava, earth, plants, giant hands, giant swords, and that's just in his base class. He also has Djinn which are little monsters that are used for changing classes and learning new powers, and each of them has a personal ability like buffing/debuffing, freezing the enemy, casting status effects, etc. His final smash should obviously be one of the Venus element summons (Judgment pls). All this untapped potential just screams Smash Bro!

Now while I'm really hoping he gets in, there's so many other good candidates that I'll be excited for pretty much anyone. Isaac would be beautiful though.

I always figured he'd use Djinn and buff/debuff in that way.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, April 6, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, April 6, 2015 - No reason given

c0a4e079599215debfd68e144320f171.png

That reckless guy looks like he'd be pretty good. I'd still vote for Lyn, though.

Bwhahaha

Isaac would be pretty interesting, but also a certain Devil Hunter from Capcom...

Shameless Dante mentioning aside, my second vote would be for X or Zero, though X, Axl, and Proto man would more or less be a Mega Man clone.

In order for the Starfox series to be co complete in Smash Bros we will need Fox (Mario, main hero), Falco (Luigi, sidekick), Wolf (Bowser, main villian), and Krystal (Peach, female character and main protagonists love interest).

I suggest you all vote for Krystal after you vote for Roy.

so apparently there was an official poll in 1999 about who you want in smash bros

highlight imo: James Bond is was moving up in the world; he got 006th

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult2.html

if your browser isn't kind enough to autotranslate, what I get is [spoiler=image]QXWOhkk.png

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/320hjp/this_isnt_the_first_time_that_theres_been_an/

this also has a nicer translation

Edited by Euklyd

James Bond would probably be one of the best characters that will probably never happen.

I remember when I was young, my friends and I were so obsessed with Star Wars, and I knew there were Star Wars games on the GameCube, I convinced my friend there was a chance that Darth Vader might be a secret character in Melee.