Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Ballot?

Knight

Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Ballot  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

2. 2. Whom?

• In other poll
    • Raiden
    • Bayonetta
    • Wonder Red
    • Simon Belmont
    • Other Castlevania protag
    • Chrom
    • Inkling
    • S.T.E.A.M. Character
    • Any other Pokemon
    • Any other Fire Emblem character
    • Bandana Dee
    • Indie Game Character
    • Daisy
    • Bomberman
    • Krystal
    • Character from other Capcom franchise
    • Character from other Namco franchise
    • Takamaru, Ice Climbers, other obscure dead Nintendo franchise
    • Other/None (then why did you even vote)

Well... that's one indestructible, 1-2 Range, 18 Mt, Aether backed, Defense boosting toothpick then huh?

Makes Durandal look like a splinter.

I repeat, "We have a Giant Sword wielder, Ike."

How a horseplay style would work is beyond my imagination. Getting knocked back, Special recovery, land on the ground from damage, tech animations and other numerous animations. It's not going to work as well as you think. As FS like a critical, probably. And why another Roy bloodline?

The Horse could be toggleable, like a special move would call upon it or something. You'd be faster, stronger, and heavier, but you wouldn't be able to jump for shit, tech, or otherwise play defensively. Trust me, I've put a lot of thought into this, as I've wanted Jeigan/Fredrick/Seth/Marcus/Xander/some mounted unit to make an appearance in Smash for a while. It would be cool to see pallet swaps for each of these, plus some of the more famous Cains and Abels and other mounted units be in in the same way as the Koopalings. I was also thinking that you'd be able to toggle between a Lance (slower, more powerful, smaller hitbox) and a sword (vice versa) while on horseback.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know zero could actually be in, because there are TWO Zero(s). One from mmz and the other from mmz.

(Inb4 he gets a mii costume)

I for myself stay with my choice of Isaac, cuz he has got EXTREMLEY LARGE move possibilities. And i keep hoping for Golden Sun 4! (Do it camelot <3 )

You know zero could actually be in, because there are TWO Zero(s). One from mmz and the other from mmz.

You mean Megaman X and Megaman Zero. Yeah. Ya know, I'd like a zaber sword character like MM Zero.

B - Charge Shot or Hadangeki

Up-B - Ryuenjin Flame uppercut

Side-B - Hienkyaku dash, Press B/A for mid dash attack

Down-B - Zero Knuckle. Pillages opponents Down Special.

Then again, Smash would turn into Capcom Vs. Fire Emblem.

I voted for Lady Lyndis before Roy was announced. Now, it probably won't happen. ;-; Though, I think it would have been nice to have a Sheik/Zero Suit Samus with the Mani Katti...

I'm sincerely wondering, now that Roy's in, who will you vote for now?

Everyone who voted for Roy, go vote for Shovel Knight now please.

P.S. I won't be removing Roy from the poll.

I'd only want Lyn if she had a bow. Katana + bow character would be unique in terms of Robin and how he had both a sword and tomes, it would not be as unique as he was though. Fire Emblem doesn't need anymore reps now, maybe in the next Smash.

What we really need is Issac, it would be like Robin, but better.

The Lyn concept conflicts with both Links and both Pits. The only "huge" difference would be a the "katana" but that's just a sword at the end of the day which is probably why she stayed as an AT. Other Zelda characters...with Ghirahim out due to his AT status, that leaves Vaati, Twinrova, Agahnim, or Zant as some potential Zelda villains

Vaati would be cool, but I have my doubts since he's rather obscure despite probably being the second most recurring villain.

What we really need is Issac, it would be like Robin, but better.

Not neccesarily.

In Golden Sun, certain Artifact weapons carry Unleashes, powerful attacks that can deal more damage than anything else you've got. Isaac could easily just have his specials as the four weapon types he can wield: Swords, Axes, Blades, and Maces. When he uses a special, his attacks change according to the special used.

Vaati would be cool, but I have my doubts since he's rather obscure despite probably being the second most recurring villain.

I'd rather see Tetra since transformations are gone for good. Hryule Warriors gave her a pistol thing, so it would be pretty cool to see a character like that, although I don't see them giving her such a weapon if she is included. The dagger would be interesting though. She would be a quick character with fast attacks, kind of like Pikachu.

Not neccesarily.

In Golden Sun, certain Artifact weapons carry Unleashes, powerful attacks that can deal more damage than anything else you've got. Isaac could easily just have his specials as the four weapon types he can wield: Swords, Axes, Blades, and Maces. When he uses a special, his attacks change according to the special used.

I don't see Issac having more than two melee weapons. It would look strange to me, but you would know more about Golden Sun than me. Edited by Rabbattack

Isaac would need the whole alphabet as buttons for all his moves to be in smash cuz : different weapons, dijinn, psynergy (magic), summons, class changes (that affect psynergy alot) ect..

Not neccesarily.

Psynergy is still the core of what adepts do, and is the focus of the battle system. I could see an unleash as a final smash (Megiddo ofc), but I can't imagine them not using psynergy for such a character.

That being said, I could see them having some way to tie the Djinn system into his specials. Like, idk, firing off Djinn at people, and as you do so, your attacks grow weaker, but can eventually summon something. Or just something simpler like "changing Djinn setups" for different stat mods, à la Monado Arts.

Isaac would need the whole alphabet as buttons for all his moves to be in smash cuz : different weapons, dijinn, psynergy (magic), summons, class changes (that affect psynergy alot) ect..

I mean, Link has about a million different items in his arsenal, and he only uses Sword / Bow / Shield / Boomerang / Bombs in Smash.

I could see an unleash as a final smash (Megiddo ofc), but I can't imagine them not using psynergy for such a character.

Y'know, it's funny you mention that, because...

[spoiler=Golden Sun spoilers]After Isaac and co. protect themselves from getting tree'd in Kolima Forest by pulling out some sort of Psyenergy barrier, they know little about it. What they do know about it is that it'll help them when they need it the most. Garet then goes on to mention that their critical hits work off this very source of Psyenergy as well. Unleash rates can be boosted by accessories that boost the rates of critical hits, so it wouldn't be a far stretch if Unleashes also function with that source of Psyenergy.

It's also how people actually play the game, Summon Rushing aside.

Edited by ScarletFlame

Y'know, it's funny you mention that, because...

[spoiler=Golden Sun spoilers]After Isaac and co. protect themselves from getting tree'd in Kolima Forest by pulling out some sort of Psyenergy barrier, they know little about it. What they do know about it is that it'll help them when they need it the most. Garet then goes on to mention that their critical hits work off this very source of Psyenergy as well. Unleash rates can be boosted by accessories that boost the rates of critical hits, so it wouldn't be a far stretch if Unleashes also function with that source of Psyenergy.

It's also how people actually play the game, Summon Rushing aside.

I feel like that's way more thought than they'd put into justifying a single move as "counting," especially when many fans forget about that piece of...idk what to call it; trivia? obscure knowledge?

...actually, I feel like unleashes might work better as a smash attack? would be an interesting way to make his attacks stand out.

EDIT: also psynergy like cutting edge and planet diver and shit are hella clutch, especially earlygame (see also: my sig), so there's at least SOME use for offensive psynergy

agreed that unleashes and summon rushes are the main ways the game is played, tho

Edited by Euklyd

EDIT: also psynergy like cutting edge and planet diver and shit are hella clutch, especially earlygame (see also: my sig), so there's at least SOME use for offensive psynergy

agreed that unleashes and summon rushes are the main ways the game is played, tho

But why burn Psyenergy Points if you can just attack them, and likely do much more damage with an Unleash? Unless you don't have good Artifacts, in which case, yes.

qZyjxR.jpg

This is my side one anyway if Chrom can't make it in.