Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Ballot?

Knight

Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Ballot  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

2. 2. Whom?

• In other poll
    • Raiden
    • Bayonetta
    • Wonder Red
    • Simon Belmont
    • Other Castlevania protag
    • Chrom
    • Inkling
    • S.T.E.A.M. Character
    • Any other Pokemon
    • Any other Fire Emblem character
    • Bandana Dee
    • Indie Game Character
    • Daisy
    • Bomberman
    • Krystal
    • Character from other Capcom franchise
    • Character from other Namco franchise
    • Takamaru, Ice Climbers, other obscure dead Nintendo franchise
    • Other/None (then why did you even vote)

Zelda already has 5 reps including the main villian. Zelda has already used up all of it's popular and important characters, this is true for many series in smash, leading me to believe that when Smash 5 comes out there will be a drought or shortage of newcomers and Samurai will have to start adding characters like Shrek and Goku. If I had to I'd much rather see one of the classic Links from the downfall timeline instead of Vatti. Classic Link is a way for deserving character than Vatti IMO. The classic Links were always my favorite incarnations.

Issac is a much more deserving character than Roy, but Roy needs to retake his thrown.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you only got one vote...?

Yeah, sure, in the same sense you're not supposed to make duplicates of a key you own that says "Do not duplicate".

There's really nothing stopping people from voting more than once. There's no IP check (at least not immediate block), no account system, the voting is even entirely anonymous. Sure, Nintendo stated "only one vote", sure, but I doubt they expect people to follow that rule.

I voted Hector he's got so much potential in smash with ranged tomahawks and armads. Aslo to show those people who don't play fire emblem that blur hair and swords isn't the only weaponry cuz axes are beast.

Zelda already has 5 reps including the main villian. Zelda has already used up all of it's popular and important characters, this is true for many series in smash, leading me to believe that when Smash 5 comes out there will be a drought or shortage of newcomers and Samurai will have to start adding characters like Shrek and Goku. If I had to I'd much rather see one of the classic Links from the downfall timeline instead of Vatti. Classic Link is a way for deserving character than Vatti IMO. The classic Links were always my favorite incarnations.

Issac is a much more deserving character than Roy, but Roy needs to retake his thrown.

Uh, no. Firstly, Sakurai will never add characters like Shrek or Goku, since they're not even originally video game characters, let alone Nintendo ones. Second, Smash does not need three different Links and I doubt Sakurai would take that route anyway. And Vaati IS important to the Zelda series, as he's the most recurring villain after Ganondorf and he even partnered up with the guy in FSA. He would also be way more unique. He is far more deserving of a spot than another Link.

I agree that Isaac should be in instead of Roy though, and I haven't even played Golden Sun (I know a good bit about it thanks to one of my best friends who likes the series). With Ike having fire attacks in his arsenal, Roy wouldn't bring anything new and would just be another sword user. Granted, I think Isaac uses a sword too, but he also has earth magic, I think. He'd be more like Robin, using a sword + magic, only Isaac uses a different magic all together.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, this is a thing.

I mean, of course Nintendo is very unlikely to want to advertise a character whose games are guaranteed to never appear on one of their consoles (not that anyone in their right mind would buy a Rare game for a Microsoft console after more than a decade worth of reasons not to), but I genuinely hope the "no issue" thing at least opens up the possibility for Banjo-Kazooie Virtual Console at some point. Or the Microsoft guy could just be saying this publicly so that it will make Nintendo look like the "bad guy" for excluding Banjo & Kazooie from Smash.

PICHU; an easier to make character that would give the cast a joke character, which gives him a niche that only he can really fulfill.

Isaac all the way.

Also imo this thread might be more interesting if we talked about the rationale that we supplied in the "why should this character become a fighter" box...

[spoiler=I'll start]Isaac has a super wide array of psynergy, which open up a widely varied pool of potential moves; in addition, the Djinn mechanics (and summons, I guess) unique to Golden Sun could be utilized as completely unique mechanics, similar to Shulk's Monado Arts (that they change the character in different ways).

As far as the character/franchise himself, Isaac is the face of Golden, one of the premier RPGs for the GBA, which is among the last franchises still unrepresented in Smash Bros.

I thought you only got one vote...?

My Vote ^

I voted for dis guy.

776.png

My #2, man he'd be the perfect replacement for Fighting Polygon Team

Uh, no. Firstly, Sakurai will never add characters like Shrek or Goku, since they're not even originally video game characters, let alone Nintendo ones. Second, Smash does not need three different Links and I doubt Sakurai would take that route anyway. And Vaati IS important to the Zelda series, as he's the most recurring villain after Ganondorf and he even partnered up with the guy in FSA. He would also be way more unique. He is far more deserving of a spot than another Link.

I agree that Isaac should be in instead of Roy though, and I haven't even played Golden Sun (I know a good bit about it thanks to one of my best friends who likes the series). With Ike having fire attacks in his arsenal, Roy wouldn't bring anything new and would just be another sword user. Granted, I think Isaac uses a sword too, but he also has earth magic, I think. He'd be more like Robin, using a sword + magic, only Isaac uses a different magic all together.

The Ganondorf in FSA is a different Ganondorf, born as another Gerudo male after the other Ganondorf kicked it.

Also SSB has three Rinkus! Four, if you count Older OoT Link and TP Link separate, But you can argue that there's the standard Link always being OoT old. MM/OoT Young, and WW/PH Link appear as well.

But I'm all for more Links, given Zelda's crazy timeline. I like Vaati too, but only Sorcerer Vaati from TMC, not a fan of GIANT FLYING EYEBALL LOL!Vaati.

Edited by Glaceon Armamentalist

The Ganondorf in FSA is a different Ganondorf, born as another Gerudo male after the other Ganondorf kicked it.

So? Also, where is it said that this is a different Ganondorf?

Also SSB has three Rinkus! Four, if you count Older OoT Link and TP Link separate, But you can argue that there's the standard Link always being OoT old. MM/OoT Young, and WW/PH Link appear as well.

There's still only two per game at most. Three is just too much.

But I'm all for more Links, given Zelda's crazy timeline. I like Vaati too, but only Sorcerer Vaati from TMC, not a fan of GIANT FLYING EYEBALL LOL!Vaati.

Erm, I meant that Sorcerer Vaati would be the form we play as, with his awesome eyeball bat form being his Final Smash. Also, an eyeball bat with epic claws is way better than a stupid pig (see Ganon), imo.

Edited by Anacybele

Isaac

He is honestly the only DLC I'm seriously hoping for

Although if Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton somehow both made it in I would probably die

It makes one wonder who will eventually take the golden sun.

oh good point!

Alex for DLC!

...we can always dream, right?

Oh, anyone? KURIBOH FOR DLC! :P:

Instead of Luke, I'd rather have Jade. He'd be like an inverse Robin - disappearing spear with magic being his focus.

Oh, anyone? KURIBOH FOR DLC! :P:

Instead of Luke, I'd rather have Jade. He'd be like an inverse Robin - disappearing spear with magic being his focus.

Would he snark at every character endlessly?

So? Also, where is it said that this is a different Ganondorf?

There's still only two per game at most. Three is just too much.

Erm, I meant that Sorcerer Vaati would be the form we play as, with his awesome eyeball bat form being his Final Smash. Also, an eyeball bat with epic claws is way better than a stupid pig (see Ganon), imo.

Hyrule Hystoria states he dies in TP, and is later reincarnated as FSA Ganon.

Ah I see. I wouldn't mind him like that. Plus Sorcerer Vaati is kinda cute