Bring back crit cut-in portraits?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back crit cut-in portraits?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably will.

And probably for added effect, the color of the backgrounds in the cut-ins will be based on which side you joined (purple for Nohr, light cyan/blue for Hoshido).

I would've thought Hoshido would be more red than anything else, given the hair colour of all the shown characters, and Lobster Man's armour.

I don't really care since I play without animations anyway.

Edited by Gradivus.

I bet they're in.

Honestly, I would be suprised and disappointed if they weren't since this game looks so similar to awakening style* and graphics wise.

*(Obviously I mean looks, not the premise or character design)

Edited by Sroy

Yes please, with a side of shouting something amazing when they do it. I still love it when Ricken says "DIE!" like a total badass. If they changed the little cut-in to cover the whole screen instead of just showing the character's eyes, that'd be great too.

Honestly, I would be suprised and disappointed if they weren't since this game looks so similar to awakening style* and graphics wise.

*(Obviously I mean looks, not the premise or character design)

Yeah I think it looks worse than awakening.

Yeah I think it looks worse than awakening.

I'm inclined to agree, though it's overall style is different and still really awesome so I'm not complaining.

Plus I love that interface and different storylines. MMMGH.

Yes please, with a side of shouting something amazing when they do it. I still love it when Ricken says "DIE!" like a total badass. If they changed the little cut-in to cover the whole screen instead of just showing the character's eyes, that'd be great too.

I don't know if I like that idea.

I feel like the shaking bar in the middle of the screen gave it a little more "oomph!", you know?

So many other games have full screen skill activations that it seemed more unique and flowed well with the other animation.

oh how I would love to see a hero throw his shield (with sword/axe in it) in the air and the jump up grab his weapon coming down at lightning speed and then catching his shield as it falls from its stasis

but why have that when we can have people twirling their lances and looking like they are putting slightly more effort into the swing or even occasionally *gasp* jumping and attacking how incredible

I voted yes. I think 3D crit animations lose some of their flare compared to what they did with sprites so the cut-ins add some extra dramatic appeal.

I loved the critical cut-ins and quotes! I'd love for them to return. Especially if someone references Freddy Bear and goes "PICK A GOD AND PRAY!" :D

I want to see crazy over-the-top crit animations like in the GBAFEs I don't know how well they'd mix with the pause crit cut-in.

Since there was a thief doing some sort of disappearing act during his attack in the trailer, maybe Myrms/SwordMasters might have fancy flashy invisible cutting animations like in the GBA FEs.

I kinda want to see something different this time.

Instead of the same SFX, visual effect, and mugshot cut-in used for every critical and skill activation in Awakening (which I sadly got bored of after a while), I kinda want to see different effects used for skill activations again like in the Tellius series along with different quotes based on the skill used (maybe without pausing mid-battle as well). For instance, one character activates Astra but instead of their usual critical quotes they say something completely different relating to the skill (I think IS could get really creative if this were to happen).

As for the mugshot cut-in itself, I really don't want to see the same shaking bar in the middle of the screen used for pretty much everything ever again. I don't mind it being used for crits but with skills it doesn't feel like enough emphasis is given. Something different like full-body poses when a certain occult skill is used by a certain character (in a certain class as well if portraits are changed based on class) ala recent Tales of games would spice things up a lot (at least for me it would). Oh, and I'd like for the cut-in effect to be much faster because battles in Awakening were slow even with the fast forward button and the cut-ins just seemed to make battles slower for me.

Also, one cut-in per battle is good enough for me. Seeing the same ol' effect and voiced lines over and over again for almost every single attack I make gets stupidly annoying and tiresome for me after a (somewhat short) while (and this is without Vengence w/ 50+ Skill).

Edited by Kiseki

Since there was a thief doing some sort of disappearing act during his attack in the trailer, maybe Myrms/SwordMasters might have fancy flashy invisible cutting animations like in the GBA FEs.

the dread fighter class did something similar though it was more like a jumpcut.

I don't know if I like that idea.

I feel like the shaking bar in the middle of the screen gave it a little more "oomph!", you know?

So many other games have full screen skill activations that it seemed more unique and flowed well with the other animation.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Maybe I've just been playing too many RPG's besides FE(a.k.a. Persona All out attacks) so that could be it. As long as it's flashy and has tons of "oomph" then I am all for it.