Crit cut-ins

Trickster

Bring back crit cut-in portraits?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back crit cut-in portraits?

How long are these cut-ins? Around 2 seconds each?

No, they were way too long in awakening and quickly became boring. I don't necesserly want to disable animations because they take too long,

so these should either be exclusive to critical hits, not slow down the animation by being more dynamic or they should add the option to disable them entirely.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how anyone could like the animations in RD and complain about the cut-ins in Awakening taking too long. RD combat was like the slowest thing ever, and looked hideous. (Coming from somebody whose favorite game is RD).

Voted no because I prefer the no visual cue aside from the different animation of the pre-RD games. Save the flashy stuff for skills.

I want them to come back, as they can be hype when something clutch happens, but they should only appear when the situation is actually appropriate. Near the lategame Awakening's cut-ins were abused to no end, the worst offenders being Sol and Vengeance. It doesn't make any sense to spout some badass quote when all you are doing is healing yourself. And if you're going to proc Vengeance on literally every attack, please don't spam cut-ins every single time especially when it doesn't even do anything half the time.

I think it would be great if they limited the cut-ins to crits and skills with activation rates < Skill/2. I like them, but they quickly get old and lose all their hype when spammed to death in unfitting situations.

Hopefully we'll get some special critical/skill animations like FE 7-10. Although, I wouldn't mind having the cut-ins as well. Just give me everything IS.

I loved the cut-ins, but I always wondered why there was no option to turn them off. Seriously, it looks weird when the voices are turned off.

I'd welcome the cut-ins, but an option to turn them off would make also be nice (not that I would turn it off, but it would make sense in my eyes).