Thieves use Bows this time.

Saladus

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty cool that thieves use bows now, and it makes a lot more sense when compared with them carrying a large sword. bows are stealthier and i think it suits their class very well.

However I would be really disappointed if archers are completely gone from this game, although it does make sense. I wouldn't like it, but i could definitely see it happen and i could grudgingly accept it

I think it's pretty cool that thieves use bows now, and it makes a lot more sense when compared with them carrying a large sword. bows are stealthier and i think it suits their class very well.

However I would be really disappointed if archers are completely gone from this game, although it does make sense. I wouldn't like it, but i could definitely see it happen and i could grudgingly accept it

Archers aren't gone: a significant character from the Hoshidan side is an archer/sniper.

Honestly I would find it disappointing if the thieves/assassins didn't use any close-ranged weapons such as knives or swords.

I really liked how they looked in past games, and I just feel like it fits now. It would feel like something's missing to me.

Not to mention I hate having to use 2 or 2-3 range-only weapons on a class.

Archers aren't gone: a significant character from the Hoshidan side is an archer/sniper.

What I meant was that archers as a separate class may be gone. I think that thieves, since the use bows could promote to either assassins (who would gain access to swords/knives) or snipers, which i'm guessing was the unit on the boxart. So the sniper on the cover wouldn't necessarily be a promoted archer, but a promoted thief instead.

Aren't bows weak against swords in this game?

So, now thieves will get slaughtered by myrms?

Not sure if I like this. Also, just because Virion was terrible in FE13 doesn't mean they should eliminate the Archer class.

Don't bows actually make it easier to train unpromoted thieves?

I have NEVER had a problem training thieves. They're fast, agile, and can crit just as good as myrms with a killing edge. Put them in woods against an army of Barbarians/ Fighters/ Pirates and that's all the exp you'll ever need.

Don't bows actually make it easier to train unpromoted thieves?

Thieves are already pretty easy to train, at least in my opinion.

All you need to do is pit them against units with low hit and they can usually handle themselves until they're strong.

Edited by Sroy

@Training thieves: Chad can pull some crazy things in FE6 chapter 4.

Have Shanna dump him on a fort in the south and make tea while he pwns Pirates.

It also decreases the rush of the chapter, since you don't have as much worry over the villages since the pirates are distracted by "MISS MISS MISS"

Other times... eh....

Some are easier to train than others.

Maybe it's just a generic sprite, much like the bosses in Awakening; and all of the enemies (at least of this type) look like that, just like Ch. 6 of Awakening, where you first fight Validar. Validar is talking to one of his minions who has the Assassin sprite but is really a Dark Mage or a Cavalier or something. And they could just be a band of assassins and they all wear hoods or something.

Maybe it's just a generic sprite, much like the bosses in Awakening; and all of the enemies (at least of this type) look like that, just like Ch. 6 of Awakening, where you first fight Validar. Validar is talking to one of his minions who has the Assassin sprite but is really a Dark Mage or a Cavalier or something. And they could just be a band of assassins and they all wear hoods or something.

This doesn't apply here? The enemy is clearly named thief, and the scene is not a cutscene.

Just means we'll have 2 shitty classes instead of 1.

Woaaaah. Hold on there buddy, Archers, despite all of the crap that they get, are not a bad class. I don't know about you but Norne and Gordin are good... depending on how you use them. I mean yeah, the range with bows is kinda annoying with having to be a tile away but they're not shitty by any means.

Just means we'll have 2 shitty classes instead of 1.

Archers themselves are NOT bad.

IS just gives the bad growths often. Give Wolt extra Str/Spd and he can be a really good unit.

Woaaaah. Hold on there buddy, Archers, despite all of the crap that they get, are not a bad class. I don't know about you but Norne and Gordin are good... depending on how you use them. I mean yeah, the range with bows is kinda annoying with having to be a tile away but they're not shitty by any means.

Come again?

The change might make more sense when we get more map and class details. It might be a move to encourage bow use on all difficulties. Compare to Awakening. Bows are really good... for Lunatic +. On Lunatic they are okay, but on Hard/Normal you might as well use tomes instead of bows.

I wished Falcon Knights could use swords again.

This is the best statement so far.

Yeeeah, to be completely honest, I don't mind. In fact, when you think about it, Thieves in the past have basically been another Mym on the squad(plus the ability to pick locks but, y'know). And since Archers have usually been slow, I welcome the chance to have Thieves not only become more unique, but differentiate themselves among the classes.

Baaasically I was saying that Archers aren't bad. Which they're not. Sorry if the words were confusing.

But you used Gordin as an example of a good Archer.

Gordin is, like, the Ur-example of bad FE archers. I can't think of any game where he's been especially good.

This is the best statement so far.

Yeeeah, to be completely honest, I don't mind. In fact, when you think about it, Thieves in the past have basically been another Mym on the squad(plus the ability to pick locks but, y'know). And since Archers have usually been slow, I welcome the chance to have Thieves not only become more unique, but differentiate themselves among the classes.

I agree with this, Thieves really are too similar to Myrmidons in awakening and I feel as if they could use some more differentiation, but using only bows seems lame.