Player Customisation

sofutoppai

I dunno, the eyes seems pretty... important, they're slitted too apparently.
Doesn't mean that I don't want to change them though, Green eyes like good ol' Sephi.

The only thing I really want in customization is a better and completer(?) character creator. To have a good Build 3 for MaleKamui. The Build 3 in Awakening just looks like a dumb riffraff, not helped by the haircuts given for it. Speaking of haircuts, I want more of them, and better one, like long hair, for the guy. Yeah, I'm like that. But some haicuts are awkwardly implemented.

I dunno, FemRobin was almost perfect, but MaleRobin... Is that too much to ask for a Priam looking guy ? Much better than a Riffraff or a shota.

So yeah, I hope it will be done better.

The problem with NormalKamui, is that they both look childish, and MaleKamui's design is strange, something is wrong with his neck.

Now for the reclassing, to be honest I have a hard time imagining it in If, especially for the Norh side. It just sounds like a needless pain in the ass like in Awakening, as well as being a waste of time.

I can imagine the class system like a mix between Sacred Stone and Radiant Dawn. Like, you promote your first-tier unit, you got to choose between two second-tier classes, then you can promote your unit a second time and, you got to choose again, but between two third tier-classes. Giving you great customizations, without the stupid mindfuck of Awakening.

It's kind of make sense to me, and there is six skills slot, so you'll gain two for each class, like in Awakening, giving you good customizations, as well as replay value.

I don't hate reclassing... but yeah I dislike it, here I said it. It's realy dumb to say that but, I just want to play a good game, not grinding. Especially for skills, holy crap. --'

Call me narrow minded, but I just can't find anything better than my own idea of classes.

The Asset/Flaw... for me, it's just a useless gimmick to be honest, I don't see the point of it. Especially when I forgot about it two seconds later. :/

Edited by B.Leu

Asset/Flaw affected your growth rates and base stats, which ordinarily would be something pretty important, if not for how abusable reclassing was in Awakening and how it rendered both of those things completely arbitrary.

Edited by Ambulz

That is a very good point, buuuut... There is evidence that the guy who gets "All the arrows" is his father or at most a close relative.

Well the evidence is more that he's the father of the main characters brother, which doesn't mean he has to be the main characters father (had to become a dragon somehow)

Oh, that's what you were arguing? Sorry, then. XP I wouldn't mind the whole asset/flaw thing being back, too.

It's cool.

The Asset/Flaw... for me, it's just a useless gimmick to be honest, I don't see the point of it. Especially when I forgot about it two seconds later. :/

That's my biggest gripe with it too. I like what it could've been, but it ended up being meaningless. Any way to customize Kamui from a gameplay perspective that isn't reclassing would be nice.

Asset/Flaw affected your growth rates and base stats, which ordinarily would be something pretty important, if not for how abusable reclassing was in Awakening and how it rendered both of those things completely arbitrary.

From my experience even a non reclassed avatar would stop caring about the selection too. Maybe a bit later than the other sure, but they still have the same problem. Really I think the problem stems from the Avatar itself being completely overpowered.

Exactly. What is it for exactly ? For a bonus/malus of one, two, three in some stats ? Just so he can be stronger or weaker in one or two things ? It's useless. :/

If they want to put class customization for Kamui, well, they could do so that you choose a weapon type at the beginning, and your Kamui will have it, and he will gain a slighty modified class set, as well as a modified skill set. Something like that.

ROFL the staff wielding Kamui. :p

Sometimes, it's the tiny things that make the real difference. Wow, that was deep.

From my experience even a non reclassed avatar would stop caring about the selection too. Maybe a bit later than the other sure, but they still have the same problem. Really I think the problem stems from the Avatar itself being completely overpowered.

Well MU is supposed to be the main character, as well as you (Or at least, the japanese shonen idea of you. :P). No one want to be weak or restricted. I hate to say this but, I'm like that too, I'd rather be overpowered than underpowered. :/

They had to give us all the classes to satisfy us.

Edited by B.Leu

How does the avatar's species determine whether customization of eye color is possible? o.o; Besides, manaketes before Kamui haven't always been red-eyed, as evidenced by Fae, Tiki (both green-eyed), Nowi, Nah (both purple-eyed), and potentially Morgan (brown eyes).

Edit: @Honey Bunny: You may not use Second Seals, and I respect that decision. However, there may be people want to class change Kamui (or whomever they've made the avatar to be; avatars are customizable, after all). For example, someone may want to reclass into a wyvern rider because they find wyverns awesome, or a myrmidon because they are agile swordsmen with awesome tricks. If reclassing stays, people who don't want to reclass still won't have to, but those who do can; you can choose whatever option you want to do. Ditching reclassing will not change anything for those who don't want to reclass, but those who do will be forced to deal with it. It's more restrictive and less optional.

Agreed on all accounts. I'll say that eye color imo isn't really that important but the more customization the better.

And as for second seals I don't really see the problem with allowing players the opportunity to play whatever class they want, with whatever skill set they want to go with. Is it a way to be OP? Of course it is. But I'd rather choose freedom over restrictions any day. What if I just finished a playthrough as a sword heavy class and want to be a magic using class on the next run.

But it's not just MU that would suffer from being pigeonholed. A lot of the side characters wouldn't be as useful if you couldn't reclass them several times for skills or more importantly stat gains. For example Lon'qu. His defense and strength growths aren't great, so in a serious playthough I'll often second seal him into a wyvern lord (whose stat growths are much higher) than reclass him into a swordmaster.

And besides, if they limited the amount of classes you could be ppl would just complain about being restricted into certain classes

Exactly. What is it for exactly ? For a bonus/malus of one, two, three in some stats ? Just so he can be stronger or weaker in one or two things ? It's useless. :/

If they want to put class customization for Kamui, well, they could do so that you choose a weapon type at the beginning, and your Kamui will have it, and he will gain a slighty modified class set, as well as a modified skill set. Something like that.

ROFL the staff wielding Kamui. :p

Sometimes, it's the tiny things that make the real difference. Wow, that was deep.

Well MU is supposed to be the main character, as well as you (Or at least, the japanese shonen idea of you. :P). No one want to be weak or restricted. I hate to say this but, I'm like that too, I'd rather be overpowered than underpowered. :/

They had to give us all the classes to satisfy us.

The point of Asset/Flaw was to let you pick the Avatar's niche somewhat, but as you noted it ended up falling flat. I'd be all for this weapon system you propose, but Kamui is almost always shown holding a distinctive sword. For some reason I doubt that IS made a different special weapon for every possible weapon group.

I get your point about the Avatar, but they could've used Asset to determine exactly how you're overpowered. Or not make the Avatar as ridiculously powerful as it was.

I sure hope that race/accessory/facial hair will be a thing.

I was a little displeased with the lack of options in Awakening, more faces and hairs would have been better.