Hello, everybody! My name is SilverHairedFreak25, but you can call me Mathew, Silver, or SHF25 for short. I've been working on this hack for a couple months now, but it's still in the planning stages. This will be a hack of Rekka no Ken (or Blazing Sword if you prefer... ya frickin' wierdo) Here's just a few of the things I have planned for this hack.

Features overview:

• -New story with new characters, as well as a few previously unplayable characters from FE7, such as Fargus, Jan and Bramimond.
  • -New maps and music will be available.
  • -New Unit type: Grey. These act like Berserked units and will attack indiscriminately, whether the victim be blue, green, or even red. These units tend to be stronger than average NPC units due to the fact that they can be attacked by anyone, and will be few in numbers.
  • -Magic Seal will be playable.
    • -Can equip swords
    • -Toggleable seal
    • -Seal reduced to 5 tiles as opposed to 10
  • -New/Improved weapons:
    • -Kunai (1-2 range sword akin to the Javelin or the Hand Axe)
    • -Buffed (and obtainable) poison weapons
    • -Light magic tomes will be reduced in weight by 50%, and Anima magic will have 75% of its original weight. Amina spells will also have increased crit rate. Dark Magic will not have a weight buff due to their special effects but will have their might slightly increased.
  • -New Classes (Playable):
    • -Ninja
      • -More offensive version of thief that cannot steal but retains “thief vision”
      • -Can walk on wall tiles in the same way Brigands can walk on mountain tiles
      • -Equips Swords & Bows
    • -Shinobi
      • -Promotion for Ninja via Scroll of Honor (Replaces Fell Contract and Thief now uses Ocean Seal to promote)
      • -+2 mobility on wall tiles
      • -+15 Critical rate

Plot preview:
It has been a year since the defeat of the villainous Nergal. Whatever small dregs of the mercenary group Black Fang that remained scrambled in an attempt to either redeem themselves or to restore their once great organization. One group led by the last remaining Dark Arts user has been somewhat successful at the latter, even if his slowly growing group is less than unconventional. This… is not his story.

This is the story of a young man named Inigo, his childhood friend Serenity, and their mysterious new companion Conroy. The story will take place in two parts, like Lyn’s story and Eliwood/Hector’s story. The first story, AKA the first 10 chapters, will take place in Inigo’s home: the island country of Sanshiro. It all starts with Inigo hunting in the woods for his little sister, who he has sole custody of. He is then attacked by thugs, and also… something else entirely. It has the appearance of a skeletal knight, with metal bones, black blood, and a single red glowing eye. After he and Serenity killed it, they started to feel uneasy. What was this thing? Where did it come from? Questions filled their heads as they headed back to their hometown, where there was a bit of a scuffle going on. A mysterious traveler had arrived, but the local priest started shouting “MONSTER! MONSTER!!” after laying eyes on him. After a bit of a scuffle in the town, the priest backed down, retracting his earlier statement. The traveller had with him an odd scroll, which was the reason he sought out this town in the first place. The scroll spoke of an untold chapter in the history of the world, The Scriptures of the Iron Demon. It spoke of a time when Dragon and man fought against a common threat: a powerful demon whose prime objective was to kill all dragons, destroy magic, and any humans involved with it, which was quite a considerable amount at the time. It spoke of how the creature was so powerful that it could not be killed. Instead, the inhabitants of the primitive earth had no choice but to seal it in an underground tomb. It also spoke of a prophecy involving the Pikeman, the Dead Man, the Huntress, the Three-Eyed Monk, and the Iron Demon’s resurrection. The nameless traveler, who was given the name “Conroy” by Serenity, realized he was one of the three heroes in the prophecy. Inigo and Serenity decided to tag along, becoming the other two heroes the scroll described. They then set off to seek out the three-eyed monk and kill him before he can free the Iron Demon from his earthen prison.

Character Concept Art: (Will have better pictures soon)

[spoiler=Inigo: The Pikeman]

reWViRv.jpg

[spoiler=Serenity: The Huntress]

QVnJBDJ.jpg

[spoiler=Conroy: The Dead Man]

3cnXgdG.jpg

[spoiler=Astaroth: The Three-Eyed Monk]

7oDAhqt.jpg

Allright, I just have one thing to ask of you. I want to know if anyone would be willing to make portraits and custom battle sprites for this game. I can send you my sketches as reference, and I will take care of the scripting and writing.

Edited by SilverHairedFreak25

last i checked i don't think magic seals worked as units?

I could be wrong though

anyway im loving the recent influx of concepts with actual promise to them!

last i checked i don't think magic seals worked as units?

I could be wrong though

anyway im loving the recent influx of concepts with actual promise to them!

Thank you! I'll try my best!

As for the Pandora (Magic Seal unit) problem, I'll try to find a work around if it doesn't work initially. Even if I have to tear the class apart and rebuild it from scratch!

You need a title

[spoiler=title here]

Like so:[spoiler=title here] you have the ending right.

Still not working. Do I need spaces inbetween the text?

I don't think you need quote.

It works for me with or without title.

I love Kamira

See?

All I used was

[spoil-er]text

Edited by Fateborn

• 3 weeks later...

Alright. Now, let's get down to business.

This will be my first hack, so I would like a team to assist me, if any of you would like to volunteer.

I need:

-A spriter (for mugs and battle animations)

-A scripter

-A few beta testers (like around 5 tops)

-Someone who's good at ASM (for when all else fails)

I can take care of writing, class/item editing, and mapping. If you want to volunteer, just send me a PM!