FE14 musics/songs discussion thread

Ryo

Okay first of all, the musics played in the trailers so far were amazing as hell. They're not something too mind-blowing or epic, but I think they really fit with the overall theme of the game. I can't wait to hear more of them.

Another thing, I'm really curious to know what the dancer girl was singing at the beginning of the trailer. I highly doubt that it's something important to the plot though. Can someone who understands Japanese give me a rough translation of it? Thanks in advance!

Anyway, this thread can be used to discuss anything involving this game's music in general, in case you don't want to start another topic about it.

This, I really want to know what the Dancer Lady is singing about.

Perhaps it's a song-story(forget what they're called) and she's singing about the events in the story. That'd be my guess.

Okay first of all, the musics played in the trailers so far were amazing as hell. They're not something too mind-blowing or epic, but I think they really fit with the overall theme of the game. I can't wait to hear more of them.

Another thing, I'm really curious to know what the dancer girl was singing at the beginning of the trailer. I highly doubt that it's something important to the plot though. Can someone who understands Japanese give me a rough translation of it? Thanks in advance!

Anyway, this thread can be used to discuss anything involving this game's music in general, in case you don't want to start another topic about it.

I've been working on translating it (along with the rest of the trailer), but some parts get drowned out in the action and other dialogue. Japanese is very context based so sort of makes it hard to get the overall song together.

The opening bits with just the singing though I've mostly isolated, if you don't mind bits and pieces. XD

I hope to have the entire thing (or at least what I can hear) up tomorrow...

Just like in Awakening, I hope the main theme(hopefully the track from the trailer) will play on the final map with maybe an epic remix.

I can totally imagine this happening, and being extremely epic.

I thought she had been singing about war because of the subtitles.

I've been working on translating it (along with the rest of the trailer), but some parts get drowned out in the action and other dialogue. Japanese is very context based so sort of makes it hard to get the overall song together.

The opening bits with just the singing though I've mostly isolated, if you don't mind bits and pieces. XD

It's okay, don't rush yourself :) Thanks for doing this btw.

Wish I could help but my Japanese isn't that good either so good luck!

Just like in Awakening, I hope the main theme(hopefully the track from the trailer) will play on the final map with maybe an epic remix.

Totally agree. I love fighting with music that makes me feel even better. I just hope that when it's the enemies turn, they don't have different music... I mean, it's not bad but I prefer one track, y'know?

I have a feeling that the song will have two different 'Eastern and Western' versions (probably depending on what side you'll choose), one being that Latin-ish piece we heard in the first trailer, the other being the current one with Japanese lyrics.

EDIT: The better lyrics from a native speaker are farther down the page!

The only parts I could (sort of) make out were the opening bits (in the trailer, that would be up to when Garon talks):

伝うみなすしその手が気楽明日は
一人で手をのます
穢れはききるの剣
踊るに想いあたし気にて

tsutau minasu shi sono te ga kiraku asu wa
hitori de te wo nomasu
kegare wa kikiru no tsurugi
odoru ni omoi atashi ki ni te

Will the hands that determine the path taken lead to a better tomorrow?
That hand alone will feed corrupt ambitions with a sword
[These are the] Thoughts dancing within me

I suppose this jumbled slightly literal translation still sounds in line with theme of the game, so I think I'm on the right track. Please forgive me if there are some horrible things I missed though. I've been searching Japanese sites for anyone who may have written a transcript, but have had no luck so far! Until then this is the best I've got. XD

Edited by Kirokan

The only parts I could (sort of) make out were the opening bits (in the trailer, that would be up to when Garon talks):

伝うみなすしその手が気楽明日は

一人で手をのます

穢れはききるの剣

踊るに想いあたし気にて

tsutau minasu shi sono te ga kiraku asu wa

hitori de te wo nomasu

kegare wa kikiru no tsurugi

odoru ni omoi atashi ki ni te

Will the hands that determine the path taken lead to a better tomorrow?

That hand alone will feed corrupt ambitions with a sword

[These are the] Thoughts dancing within me

I suppose this jumbled slightly literal translation still sounds in line with theme of the game, so I think I'm on the right track. Please forgive me if there are some horrible things I missed though. I've been searching Japanese sites for anyone who may have written a transcript, but have had no luck so far! Until then this is the best I've got. XD

Thanks for the hard work! Well this seems to be a song about.. well, if. I don't know any better words other then "if".

The first line seems to question the paths that you can take, saying that "Will it really lead to a better future?". EDIT: Actually, it seems that it means "Will your hands lead to a better future?" so maybe the Dancer doesn't think too highly of Kamui.

For the second line, perhaps the Dancer is saying that your hand will "feed corrupt ambitions" as in that your hand will help one of these countries to achieve their goal, however she states that they are "corrupt" so I guess she thinks that they are so. Ryouma does seem rather hungry for a fight and not as peaceful as his Hoshidan nationality would portray, so maybe she's thinks that Hoshidan's desire of peace has been lost, only wanting a war and thus becoming corrupt. Nohr seems to be a rather dark and evil country that desires glory, and since you are revolutionizing it, she could be saying that in a way, you are "corrupting" the true nature of Nohr. Also, she's states that the hand will do it with a sword and with tone of the song and what we've seen of her so far, it could be taken that the Dancer is opposed to violence and desires peace, further signifying her neutral status.

From what I can gather is that the Dancer is questioning the morality of your choices, whether they will truly lead to a good future, telling you that you are feeding corrupt ambitions with force, all of this going on through her mind.

This is just a personal interpretation, and like Kiro said, some things could've been missed.

Edited by DualMix

Thanks for the translation!

So it's pretty interesting (and somewhat ironic) that despite being skeptical about our choices, she's likely to follow us wherever we go, hmm....

Edited by Ryo

Thanks for the hard work! Well this seems to be a song about.. well, if. I don't know any better words other then "if".

The first line seems to question the paths that you can take, saying that "Will it really lead to a better future?". EDIT: Actually, it seems that it means "Will your hands lead to a better future?" so maybe the Dancer doesn't think too highly of Kamui.

For the second line, perhaps the Dancer is saying that your hand will "feed corrupt ambitions" as in that your hand will help one of these countries to achieve their goal, however she states that they are "corrupt" so I guess she thinks that they are so. Ryouma does seem rather hungry for a fight and not as peaceful as his Hoshidan nationality would portray, so maybe she's thinks that Hoshidan's desire of peace has been lost, only wanting a war and thus becoming corrupt. Nohr seems to be a rather dark and evil country that desires glory, and since you are revolutionizing it, she could be saying that in a way, you are "corrupting" the true nature of Nohr. Also, she's states that the hand will do it with a sword and with tone of the song and what we've seen of her so far, it could be taken that the Dancer is opposed to violence and desires peace, further signifying her neutral status.

From what I can gather is that the Dancer is questioning the morality of your choices, whether they will truly lead to a good future, telling you that you are feeding corrupt ambitions with force, all of this going on through her mind.

This is just a personal interpretation, and like Kiro said, some things could've been missed.

Indeed. I saw shadowofchaos said that they and other translators on tumblr will not attempt the song due to the sound effects and such obscuring the context for the later bits, and that's put quite aptly. So only the starting bit for now, and that's if I even heard correctly. XD

Also I thought "feeding with a sword" could also mean making them face the sword, rather than be aided by the sword. The fact it can go both ways I think adds to it to the siding aspect.

Thanks for the translation!

So it's pretty interesting (and someone ironic) that despite being skeptical about our choices, she's likely to follow us wherever we goes, hmm....

That would probably explain the black dress/white dress we see on her. Or maybe she can still see the path not taken or something. xD

Some person on 2ch posted the lyrics of the song, though I'm not sure if it's correct since I don't understand anything XD

http://toro.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/handygrpg/1427983991/

伝う水筋
その手が開く明日は
光へ手を伸ばす
穢れなき金の剣
まどろみ 想いを断ち切って
伝う静謐
伝承 柔く光散って
闇は去りゆく
暁一人想う

Some person on 2ch posted the lyrics of the song, though I'm not sure if it's correct since I don't understand anything XD

http://toro.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/handygrpg/1427983991/

伝う水筋

その手が開く明日は

光へ手を伸ばす

穢れなき金の剣

まどろみ 想いを断ち切って

伝う静謐

伝承 柔く光散って

闇は去りゆく

暁一人想う

Perfect! I've been looking all over 2ch for the lyrics. So far that makes sense, I'll get right on translating that : ) Good find!

EDIT: Preliminary translation: (There are still some things to work on, as 伝う水筋 can mean "along the river bank" or "from a watery lineage(?)" which itself can be taken to mean from a "vague lineage", or "unknown lineage" Which can sort of fit the born in one place and raised in another-ness. I went with "vague lineage" as a result, though she is walking along a riverbank saying it. So perhaps it's a pun?)

From a vague lineage

Comes a hand that will reach toward a light

Opening a path to tomorrow

The un-corruptable golden sword

Will slash those hopes from their slumber

And lead to prosperity

That soft light will scatter

And chase the darkness away

Like a one man sunrise

(Note: The "slash hopes from their slumber" is implied to mean that they will "awaken with a slash," not destroy them. Yet the vagueness may help with the theme of the game...)

EDIT 2: Romaji for anyone who wants it!

tsutau mizu suji

sono te ga hiraku asu wa

hikari e te o nobasu

kegare naki kin no tsurugi

madoromi omoi o tachigitte

tsutau seihitsu

denshou yawaku hikari chitte

yami wa sariyuku

akatsuki hitori omou

Edited by Kirokan

I personally think the song played in the trailer will be the theme of this Fire Emblem. Not the main theme, but more something like the Id versions you hear in FE:A. There is a theme in those soundtracks that you hear in (most) other Id songs as well. I think the same thing will happen with the theme we heard in this trailer of FE:if.

On a side note, great job providing a translation of the song!

Perfect! I've been looking all over 2ch for the lyrics. So far that makes sense, I'll get right on translating that : ) Good find!

EDIT: Preliminary translation: (There are still some things to work on, as 伝う水筋 can mean "along the river bank" or "from a watery lineage(?)" which itself can be taken to mean from a "vague lineage", or "unknown lineage" Which can sort of fit the born in one place and raised in another-ness. I went with "vague lineage" as a result, though she is walking along a riverbank saying it. So perhaps it's a pun?)

From a vague lineage

Comes a hand that will reach toward a light

Opening a path to tomorrow

The un-corruptable golden sword

Will slash those hopes from their slumber

And lead to prosperity

That soft light will scatter

And chase the darkness away

Like a one man sunrise

Ooo, nice! Well let's see...

Hmm... interesting. So the vague lineage is obvious, with Kamui's family both being of Nohr and Hoshido blood. But it could also mean that Kamui's "lineage", in other words, his parents aren't very well known. It could be like Robin's situation with his mother.

Comes a hand that will reach toward the light is also kinda obvious, with the Dancer deeming whichever side Kamui chooses as "light" even if it's the Nohr route that seems anything but "light".

Opening a path to tomorrow is the end game, the final result of your choices.

The un-corruptable golden sword is a reference to your sword, I think, but also your soul(?) and maybe how, while it seems like Hoshidan has lost the desire of peace, your ideal is uncorrupted and Kamui's ideal is for the original goal, peace. It's a stretch but who knows.

Will slash those hopes from their slumber is a sharp contrast to the line before. It could mean that you will either take peoples hopes away or, the more likely in my opinion, awaken the hopes of the people with your sword/soul.

And lead to prosperity is the reward in the end game, with your country coming out on top.

The soft light will scatter is the light spreading around the land, your light/ideals to be specific.

And chase the darkness away Now this line makes me think that this is sung with a Hoshido perspective because it'd be a little weird with Nohr calling Hoshido "darkness" but who knows. Anyways, darkness is obviously your enemies.

Like a one man sunrise personifies you as the "sunrise" conquering the night sky, and it glorifies Kamui as being "one man" that changed everything.

All of this is, like before, my own opinion of what the song means and whose side it's about. Perhaps they'll have different songs for the different versions... who knows.

Ooo, nice! Well let's see...

Hmm... interesting. So the vague lineage is obvious, with Kamui's family both being of Nohr and Hoshido blood. But it could also mean that Kamui's "lineage", in other words, his parents aren't very well known. It could be like Robin's situation with his mother.

Comes a hand that will reach toward the light is also kinda obvious, with the Dancer deeming whichever side Kamui chooses as "light" even if it's the Nohr route that seems anything but "light".

Opening a path to tomorrow is the end game, the final result of your choices.

The un-corruptable golden sword is a reference to your sword, I think, but also your soul(?) and maybe how, while it seems like Hoshidan has lost the desire of peace, your ideal is uncorrupted and Kamui's ideal is for the original goal, peace. It's a stretch but who knows.

Will slash those hopes from their slumber is a sharp contrast to the line before. It could mean that you will either take peoples hopes away or, the more likely in my opinion, awaken the hopes of the people with your sword/soul.

And lead to prosperity is the reward in the end game, with your country coming out on top.

The soft light will scatter is the light spreading around the land, your light/ideals to be specific.

And chase the darkness away Now this line makes me think that this is sung with a Hoshido perspective because it'd be a little weird with Nohr calling Hoshido "darkness" but who knows. Anyways, darkness is obviously your enemies.

Like a one man sunrise personifies you as the "sunrise" conquering the night sky, and it glorifies Kamui as being "one man" that changed everything.

All of this is, like before, my own opinion of what the song means and whose side it's about. Perhaps they'll have different songs for the different versions... who knows.

I like your comments! So I'll comment on some things too:

"Will slash hopes from their slumber" indeed is meant to be taken positively; as in that sword will slash through and "awaken" the hopes that were locked away without any "trigger" essentially : )

It does not necessarily have to refer to the Hoshido side, because in the Nohr path, you are still essentially "chasing the darkness away" because it emphasizes changing them from the inside. So your overall enemy is likely the Nohr as it currently is. : )

I like your comments! So I'll comment on some things too:

"Will slash hopes from their slumber" indeed is meant to be taken positively; as in that sword will slash through and "awaken" the hopes that were locked away without any "trigger" essentially : )

It does not necessarily have to refer to the Hoshido side, because in the Nohr path, you are still essentially "chasing the darkness away" because it emphasizes changing them from the inside. So your overall enemy is likely the Nohr as it currently is. : )

Thanks! I was hoping that someone would. : 3

Yeah, it does seem that the overall enemy would be Nohr but you'll probably end up fighting Hoshido even a little bit in the Nohr path anyways. Although now that I think about it, The soft light will scatter and chase the darkness away does make sense when you put it in that sense. The soft light is in essence your light as Kamui, soft because Nohr is still very dark at the beginning, scatters as you ally with more and more people, and chases the darkness that is most likely the Nohrian king. So yeah, that does make sense. : )

Edited by DualMix

I've found yet another version (with minor differences) here: http://dic.nicovideo.jp/b/a/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%82%A8%E3%83%A0%E3%83%96%E3%83%AC%E3%83%A0/1831-

伝う筋 その手が拓く明日
へ手を伸ばす 穢れ
微睡み 想いを断ち切りて
歌う静謐 代償 柔く散って
闇の災厄 一人想う

Edited by Ryo

I've found yet another version (with minor differences) here: http://dic.nicovideo.jp/b/a/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%82%A8%E3%83%A0%E3%83%96%E3%83%AC%E3%83%A0/1831-

伝う筋 その手が拓く明日

へ手を伸ばす 穢れ

微睡み 想いを断ち切りて

歌う静謐 代償 柔く散って

闇の災厄 一人想う

The differences between the previous one and this one are in the last verses. That makes sense as that is where most dialogue and sound are obscuring people trying to listen to it:

歌う静謐 代償 柔く散って

闇の災厄 一人想う

The soft light scatters the dark calamity

with a peaceful song, like a one man sunrise

So the difference here is mainly now the mention of a song (歌う) and calamity (災厄). It seems to be a different approach to the same overall meaning. The first lyrical upload makes more sense to me overall.

I can't wait for official Japanese lyrics to be released XD

The differences between the previous one and this one are in the last verses. That makes sense as that is where most dialogue and sound are obscuring people trying to listen to it:

歌う静謐 代償 柔く散って

闇の災厄 一人想う

The soft light scatters the dark calamity

with a peaceful song, like a one man sunrise

So the difference here is mainly now the mention of a song (歌う) and calamity (災厄). It seems to be a different approach to the same overall meaning. The first lyrical upload makes more sense to me overall.

I can't wait for official Japanese lyrics to be released XD

So now it's a peaceful approach towards peace. Well the Dancer does like to sing a lot... maybe her songs do something. Like she's actually chanting a spell or something.

I feel like all these lyrics are really so off of what the actual song is about. XD

Just wanted to nitpick: the final map theme in Awakening is the "Id" material, not the actual main theme. The main theme is the material that starts the opening movie when you turn on the game and then proceeds to drown out and permeate 75% of the OST.

That said, I expect Kamui will probably get some primary material that may or may not correlate with the motif that the trailers currently use.