FE14 musics/songs discussion thread

Ryo

The main theme(?) is beautiful; I could honestly listen to it on repeat and it looks promising for the other music. Does anyone know the composer for if yet, or Awakening's, for that matter? What I want is a recruitment theme a la Together We Ride, FE8's or FE4's. Awakening's was catchy, but it didn't stir the soul like the others do.

The main theme(?) is beautiful; I could honestly listen to it on repeat and it looks promising for the other music. Does anyone know the composer for if yet, or Awakening's, for that matter? What I want is a recruitment theme a la Together We Ride, FE8's or FE4's. Awakening's was catchy, but it didn't stir the soul like the others do.

Awakening's soundtrack is primarily composed by Rei Kondoh and Hiroki Morishita. Based on some of the instrumentation and style in the January Direct trailer, it's safe to say at least one of them is still on board.

Tsujiyoko, the original composer of the series, is also credited, but I'm unsure whether that's because she contributed much or just because they rearranged her primary theme for the series, her shop themes, and Tiki's theme.

• 3 weeks later...

Yo... from how I hear it from the trailer and how I've seen natives post on boards...

The first line isn't mizu suji, it's 伝う水筋(みなすじ) Minasuji.

I just found out about the natives transcribing the Japanese, so I'm just now learning how to sing along to it.

While pretty much looking at the context, it is my opinion as a translator that you looked too much into the first line.

I feel like it's not about lineage, but more "Just like the flowing river" it describes the path the protagonist will follow.

Also, there's also a minor difference between the two you didn't mention.

The first says "kin" as in golden sword, and the second "gin" for silver sword.

...I'm leaning towards the first since Kamui's sword is golden *AND* Aqua seems to be saying "kin", not "gin".

I'm guess since it might be talking about Kamui like a prophecy, it's not "uncorruptable", but an "unstained sword" as in they have never killed anyone with it before.

微睡み 想いを断ち切りて

Maybe "Awaken dormant hopes/memories" or "Awaken their sleeping hearts?" with the sword?

I mean on translation, you don't need to include the literal verb that the sword is doing.

...I ultimately ended with "Will awaken their hopes from their slumber."

It is also definitely *NOT* 闇は去りゆく (Yami *WA* Sariyuku)

As much as I like the first, I definitely hear a *NO* in there, not a *WA* and "Saiyaku" instead of "Sariyuku".

闇の災厄 暁 一人想う

My take on this:

伝う水筋

Tsutau minasuji

Following the path of the flowing water...

その手が開く明日は

Sono te ga hiraku asuwa

Those hands will open the way to tomorrow...

光へ手を伸ばす

Hikari e te o nobasu

Hands that will reach for the light...

穢れ無き金の剣

Kegare naki kin no tsurugi

And an unstained golden sword...

微睡み 想いを断ち切りて

Madoromi omoi o tachikirite

Will awaken their hopes from their slumber...

歌う静謐

Utau seihitsu

With a song of peace...

伝承 柔く光散って

Denshou yawaku hikari chitte

As the legends fortell, the soft light will scatter...

闇の災厄 暁 一人想う

Yami no saiyaku akatsuki hitori omou

...the dark calamity like one's memory of a sunrise.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Something just occurred to me. Since the song in the trailer is most likely not the full version, I think some of the lines might not actually be connected, there might be some others in between as well. So perhaps we're not supposed to put them together and try to make the most sense just for the sake of translation.

EDIT: I wish IS or Nintendo would upload some sample soundtracks to the website *_*

Edited by Ryo

Well yes, it's not the full version, we knew that.

But I don't think it's as disconnected as you think.

The music seems smooth in transition.

The only place that it would be disconnected would be when the title "Fire Emblem If" appears.

• 1 month later...

(Sorry for necro-ing but I think this is too random/trivial to warrant a whole new thread.)

So even though the game will come out really soon and the single's gonna be released soon after, I'm still obsessed with Aqua's song and want to find out about the lyrics. Unfortunately, there are only 1 new line this time, while the SFX and narration voice in the commercial are much louder than Renka's voice so even Japanese people've had a hard time figuring out. Therefore, there are many different hearings of the lyrics just for each single word. For people who are interested, I'm gonna list the most likely possibilities here basing on native Jpn speakers' hearing. However my Japanese is very limited so I can't tell which combination makes the most sense (meaning-wise and grammar-wise).

Anyway, this is my primary source atm, there's also a few from 2ch and other places.

Needless to say, take all of the below with a grain of salt! Especially when the native speakers aren't even sure themselves. Some are my own speculations too. Time-stamps are approximately based on the original video.

I. The first line

From the beginning to 0:05 is an old line that can be heard from the very first trailer. There seems to be a consensus among most people from many sites that it is:

ゆらりゆるれり (yu ra ri yu ru re ri)

I can't find what this means but it sounds like gibberish. Interestingly, I've also seen one transcribed it as 揺らり揺るれり, so perhaps it comes from 揺ら揺ら (yura yura) which can be used to describe a slow swaying or swinging. This greatly reminds me of cradles, so Aqua's song might in fact meant to be a lullaby. The way she sings this line also kinda sound like a lullaby IMO, especially in the first trailer.

II. The second line

The first word (0:05 ~ 0:07) is quite clear and most people heard it as:

泡沫 (utakata): Bubble

I personally heard it as 歌から (uta kara - from a/the song), but this is probably wrong :P:

The rest is where it gets complicated because you can barely hear what she sings, so there's hardly a consensus. I'll just list the possible wordings here:

0:08~0:09 0:10~0:11 0:11~0:12

二人 (hitori) ゆく (yuku) 明かり (akari)

two persons to go/move/walk... light

思い (omoi) 浮く (uku) 願い (negai)

thought/mind/wish/feeling... to float; to be cheerful/unsteady/uncertain... desire/wish/prayer...

浮かび (ukabi) 揺らぐ (yuragu) 二人 (hitori)

to float/surface to swing/sway/tremble... two persons

願い (negai) 光 (hikari)

desire/wish/prayer... light

共に (tomoni) 中に (nakani)

together among/inside/within...

ばかり (bakari)

only/merely/just...

So basically:

ゆらりゆるれり

泡沫 二人/思い/浮かび/願い/共に ゆく/浮く/揺らぐ 明かり/願い/二人/光/中に/ばかり

yu ra ri yu ru re ri

utakata hitori/omoi/ukabi/negai/tomoni yuku/uku/yuragu akari/negai/hitori/hikari/nakani/bakari

Now which combination being the accurate one is the problem, assuming that there is a correct answer at all. The rest of the song is the same as in the second trailer. Also, if I missed anything, please tell me.

Edited by Ryo