There has to be something Morally Wrong/Odd about siding with Hoshido

UnknownUber

Pokemon BW x Fire Emblem

It all makes sense now

No really, fuse the legend of two feuding dragons+heroes.

With the premise of If.

So a long time ago Hoshidoancestor and Nohrancestor were manaketes

they feuded

In their anger they split from eachother, Nohr being truth and Hoshido ideals

Eventually the countries Hoshy and Nohr form, each stsnding for their own ideals

Garon is a realistic Walhartlike man

Mikoto is well intentioned but misguided

I can't bother 2 eloborate, but u get the gist.

That...makes a strange amount of sense.

I mean, it's not going to happen, I don't think, but it makes sense.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Maybe Nohr is a meritocracy where anyone can rise, albeit violently, through the ranks, and Hoshido is peaceful only for those standing on top of the backs of the lower classes?

They're somewhat meritocratic. Not fully, the reason some of them rise up was due to the royals knowing them like the Hoshidan Royal Family did. The only meritocratic thing about Nohr was after Garon was killed when Inigo, Severa, and Owain were named as retainers. Xander said that he never chose Inigo as his retainer nor did Leo chose Owain but Garon(Water Demon) forced them to choose them.

Ashnard is solely a prime example of a ruler who believes in meritocracy. Two of the Great Riders were replaced because of either they were old(Tauendo) or killed(Lanvega?). Even Daein nobles have a hard time to keep themselves in a rank as noble. Some of them were demoted down to common soldiers or low-rank officer depending on their abilities as they are forced to serve in a military in order to try to keep their rank unlike Nohr nobles. I mean, Silas is a noble and he was a common knight. If he was in Daein, he would be nothing but a commoner in Daein until he proves that he's worthy enough to rise up in the ranks. Silas was already a commander once he started. Nohr somewhat do background checks for nationality while nation meritocracy like Daein, don't care if you're a Daeinian, Crimean, Begnion, or a Laguz, you gain respect and be promoted depending on your abilities. Some of Ashnard soldiers were foreigners.