Ryouma is Not Avatar's Real Brother

Trickster

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, I'm still wanting to hold onto my idea that Kamui was adopted by the Hoshidan Royal family before Garon took them. It would easily justify the customization and explain why Kamui can shapeshift while the others can't.

I don't know, I'm still wanting to hold onto my idea that Kamui was adopted by the Hoshidan Royal family before Garon took them. It would easily justify the customization and explain why Kamui can shapeshift while the others can't.

But then you don't really have the whole "family pull" angle for Hoshido. "Do you pick your adopted family who lost you in like 5 seconds or the adopted family that raised you." doesn't have the same ring as "will your fate be decided by loyalty..or by blood"

Or maybe Kamui's slower aging due to being a dragonkin is the reason why he's different from the present family? It could explain his hair color being different, I think.

But then you don't really have the whole "family pull" angle for Hoshido. "Do you pick your adopted family who lost you in like 5 seconds or the adopted family that raised you." doesn't have the same ring as "will your fate be decided by loyalty..or by blood"

Good point. I just don't see a lot of traits shared between Kamui and the Hoshidans besides red eyes, and with Kamui having powers they don't it kinda makes me wonder.

Or maybe Kamui's slower aging due to being a dragonkin is the reason why he's different from the present family? It could explain his hair color being different, I think.

Would explain why Sakura calls Kamui 'Nii-sama' rather than 'Onii-chan'. But then how would you explain how they suddenly age normally between Garon's kidnapping of them to the point where the game begins?

so basically

plot twist: kamui is actually several hundred years old, and removed from all of his/her living family by generations upon generations

steering discussion back on-topic, aww yeah

e: for the record I'm rephrasing what I think you just said, not trying to lay out new ideas

was that what you meant?

Edited by Euklyd

Good point. I just don't see a lot of traits shared between Kamui and the Hoshidans besides red eyes, and with Kamui having powers they don't it kinda makes me wonder.

Would explain why Sakura calls Kamui 'Nii-sama' rather than 'Onii-chan'. But then how would you explain how they suddenly age normally between Garon's kidnapping of them to the point where the game begins?

According to VincentASM's analysis in the Known Information thread, Garon's taking Kamui in is just a theory as to what was happening in that scene with the execution, so it may not be true. Who knows?

It's also just a theory that Kamui was an infant when he was abducted. He could have been a young child. I think it would make more sense if he was old enough to have some memories of Hoshido, otherwise it would be a no-brainer for him to stick with his Nohr family.