Ryouma is Not Avatar's Real Brother

Trickster

Every FE has a different design for Manaketes. This isn't anything new.

FE6 had a weird chubby feathery Manakete, FE8 had a traditional dragon Manakete, FE13 had fancy leafy seadragon Manaketes, etc. Then there's instalments with multiple Dragonstone types like FE1 where there's a whole bunch of Manakete designs within a single game.

Yeah, but they were still just dragons. Kamui's beast form appears to be more deer than dragon to me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehem...

If I'm not mistaken, S Supports...? Of the Chrom!Inigo x Lucina!Morgan variety...?

Those two would actually be 1st cousins, once removed. I think. Family trees aren't my forte.

Edited by #RR. shinpichu

Those two would actually be 1st cousins, once removed. I think. Family trees aren't my forte.

Inigo would be her uncle, in that case. My point was incest. And FE ain't got a great track record with that kind of subtext or overtones.

I'm hoping they won't use the half-sibling excuse for more romantic S-ranks.

I mean, I would still feel weird about S-ranking Marx/twintails imouto because Kamui has probably spent their entire life thinking of them as family.

Inigo would be her uncle, in that case. My point was incest. And FE ain't got a great track record with that kind of subtext or overtones.

Oh, I guess you're right. I'm bad at family trees. >_>

I'm hoping they won't use the half-sibling excuse for more romantic S-ranks.

I don't think they will. I mean, Julia and Seliph aren't supposed ( I think) to be allowed to hook up in FE4, so I think we're safe in that regard.

I'm more worried that they'll do the not blood related thing, which in my opinion is disgusting and misses the point of why incest is creepy.

Yeah, but they were still just dragons. Kamui's beast form appears to be more deer than dragon to me.

Uh your saying the puffball that is fae is more dragon than Kamui's dragon form Kamui at least appears to have leathery Wings and is metallic looking instead of feathers.

Also you might want to check out the first trailer (or if you want an image or cant do videos the main sites January analysis) the dragon there (while not technically confirmed to be Kamui it is a good bet it is or at least is related to him/her) looks much more dragon-like than the one screenshot we got of Kamui's dragonform.

Edited by goodperson707

Kamui has features the Hoshido siblings lack. Namely the pointed ears. Thus, people are wondering if they're really related to the Hoshido royal family.

Edited by TKHikaru13

Doesn't mean he/she is a manakete. He/she could just be a race that also uses dragonstones.

Dragonstones are explicitly used by the manakete. Not to burst yo bubble, but yes, this does mean that Kamui is a manakete/halfling/something of the sort. If it makes you feel any better, it could be a Divinestone. not that there's a difference

I don't think they will. I mean, Julia and Seliph aren't supposed ( I think) to be allowed to hook up in FE4, so I think we're safe in that regard.

They can. And if Kamui's family are in fact half siblings, I wouldn't put it beyond IS doing this again...

Kamui has features the Hoshido siblings lack. Namely the pointed ears. Thus, people are wondering if they're really related to the Hoshido royal family.

B. They are full blooded siblings but the manakete gene is recessive and Ryouma and Sakura didn't get it.

The gene being recessive seems to be the most likely one to me. Similar to how Validar was a failed host for Grima, while Robin wasn't, Kamui is a host for the dragon deity of theirs. While his sister(?) - the queenlady - may be a failed host. IS is famous for rehashing after all.

My guess is that their father/mother attempted to create the perfect host and philandered a bit.

Also, has the disappearance of durability been examined/explained? Just considering the fact that Kamui's dragonstone seems to neither have a number nor the "colored" red/green square.

Edited by Val'air

Also, has the disappearance of durability been examined/explained? Just considering the fact that Kamui's dragonstone seems to neither have a number nor the "colored" red/green square.

Given the series tradition of giving the main lord a weapon that doesn't break, I'm thinking that's the reason Kamui's stone lacks durability.

Edited by TKHikaru13

Chances are Kamui is just our #167 protagonist that inherited some ancient power to defeat some ancient evil that returned, who is not related to anyone at all and the Nohr x Hoshido business is just filler for something bigger, which is only properly addressed on the third path where Kamui realizes this sooner and goes monster hunting.

Seriously now, if Kamui uses his Dragonstone so openly, everyone must know he's got a... peculiar inheritance, including him. Which is different from Robin, who is amnesiac.

damn now I feel like writing headcanons with what little we know of the game and of the characters, so many possibilities

Edited by Rapier

Uh your saying the puffball that is fae is more dragon than Kamui's dragon form

Uh, yeah. Fae is just a dragon with feathers. Kamui is a big deer with dragon wings and claws.

Edited by Anacybele

I feel like the OP may be right about you not being directly related to Ryouma. If the avatar in this game is going to be anything like the avatar in the last (allowing an S support with any character of the opposite gender), then they will find a way to make that possible again. For some reason I don't see them saying, "you can achieve an S support with ANYONE OF THE OPPOSITE GENDER...except him." That just doesn't feel right. Either that or Ryouma will either (a) not be playable or (b) already have an S support with someone else. OR maybe they'll just ditch the S support system altogether and everything I said just became irrelevant.

But I do feel like this avi will be unrelated to the rest, due to his/her gift of dragon transformation, unique hair color (based off of official art), and past Fire Emblem tradition.

Uh, yeah. Fae is just a dragon with feathers. Kamui is a big deer with dragon wings and claws.

Okay look at the dragon on the January analysis and tell me thats a deer. And a typical dragon fa isnt so why cant Kamui count if fa does but fa isnt. important just look at the video or the image.

Given the series tradition of giving the main lord a weapon that doesn't break, I'm thinking that's the reason Kamui's stone lacks durability.

A dragonstone with infinite durability seems broken likeholyshit. Hoping this is not the case... Like, why would I ever use the sword when I can be a dragon 24/7?

Chances are Kamui is just our #167 protagonist that inherited some ancient power to defeat some ancient evil that returned, who is not related to anyone at all and the Nohr x Hoshido business is just filler for something bigger, which is only properly addressed on the third path where Kamui realizes this sooner and goes monster hunting.

Marx: You were adopted. Hoshido is your real family.

Ryouma: lol no we found Kamui on the street.

Uh, yeah. Fae is just a Dragonite with feathers. Kamui is a big deer with dragon wings and claws.

Fixed. Also, Awakening's Manaketes were seaweed dragons. Why not a deer dragon?

You may not like it, but it's already in the game and it's not going away. You might as well try and find something about it that you like.

REVELATION the dragonstone is the Fire Emblem and Naga just put too much juice in it allowing Kamui to transform whoop

Edited by Val'air

Okay can some one with good internet plz post the dragon picture from the main site january analysis

For now look at the tail its not fully extended in the screenshot. Extend the wings and the only non typical dragony trait is the long skinny legs. Which im sure some dragons in media have.

They can. And if Kamui's family are in fact half siblings, I wouldn't put it beyond IS doing this again...
not by design lol

you have to take advantage of an oversight in the jealousy system iirc?

Okay can some one with good internet plz post the dragon picture from the main site january analysis

For now look at the tail its not fully extended in the screenshot. Extend the wings and the only non typical dragony trait is the long skinny legs. Which im sure some dragons in media have.

[spoiler=large image]dragon-dancer.jpg

if that's a deer, it's a long, spindly deer, with scales/plates, claws, a wicked tail, and dragon wings

so, basically a dragon with above-average sized horns

you might be able to make an argument about the arm joints, but that's about it

not by design lol

you have to take advantage of an oversight in the jealousy system iirc?

Ah, yeah, lol, forgot about that :P But either way Julia is thirsty for Seliph. Even his other love interests make note of this. Lana(?) I think it was, even said she felt sorry for Julia or something to Seliph in the final chapter.

But Julia does become Seliph's wifey and queen in the ending. It is known. Although it's written really redundant like, Julia became his Queen, and he was supported by Julia. Buggy, yeah, but still possible. And anyways, they are not the only ones. Genealogy is full of incest...there are hints thrown between almost every single family member in the game.

AND WOW QUICK, google: "Kamui God" images.

If that is not FE:if Kamui I don't know what is. Wonder where IS got their inspiration from. . .

Perhaps there's some special ceremony that awakens one's innate dragon blood? Or maybe it works like the Branded in Tellius, where the mark/power appears randomly (and may even skip generations).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin#Japan

Since Kamui's dragon form is most likely based on the Japanese version of kirin, of course it would look like a deer.

The Japanese art tends to depict the kirin as more deer-like than in Chinese art. Alternatively, it is depicted as a dragon shaped like a deer, but with an ox's tail[10] instead of a lion's tail.

Kamui actually looks more like a dragon than kirin.

Edited by Ryo

I can see it now, Fire Emblem, Recessive Genes are not your friend Edition. I lean towards the Kamui=Deer side, mostly because when I saw the form I thought "I can play as Xerneas!?" and the "Kamui got screwed over with his momma/papa's genes" side. Still... bringing in all this biology stuff is too much for me.

^Yeah i lean towards just recessive genes/holyblood skipping.

but still look at euklyd's image of the dragon from the first trailer. and tell me thats a deer. Though playing as xerneas has its appeal, it really only shares long legs and horns with xerneas.

*sigh* First off, Kamui's dragon body looks more relatable to the Awakening dragon forms than Fae's does to them. Second, why would a DRAGONstone be used to turn into a deer? Even with dragon features, may as well call it a deer/beaststone if he is a deer...but the text translates into "dragonstone". And why would there be another dragon race separate from manaketes that can use dragonstones as well? It seems completely pointless to make another race with similar abilities. You seem really insistent over Kamui not being a manakete; why do you despise them, anyway? They're not that different from the dragon laguz you love.

Anyway, I do wonder how Kamui is born of the Hoshido bloodline, yet he's apparently a manakete. One factor to consider is that due to being at least a half-manakete, he lives much longer than a human, so that may have some effect to how he's related despite the difference in species (unless I oversaw something).