Convention Experiences

NoCashOtaku

I'm going to assume the entertainment section includes conventions.

For the last... 4 years of attending various conventions/events, I never really got a way to catch all the events I really wanted. Does anyone actually know how to properly plan for a convention? From what I seen, I had to skip every other time slot, but that's about it.

Also, who cosplays for cons?

I used to go regularly, but it was mostly because of Brawl tournaments they used to host there. I hated how they couldn't just rent a place seperately, rather than have to pay for an event that I'm not particularly interested in. However, they were usually rather fun. The people tend to be nicer, and I could always look around to shop some thing (they sold a ton of Yugioh cards and weapons). In 2011, I was kind of into them. Then Smash tournaments came to the scene and ruined them for me. (,:

Most conventions (at least if they have their act together) will post up a schedule of events at least a couple weeks before the convention itself. This should give you plenty of time to see what events and running and when and where they'll be so that you can map out your time. Make sure to account for ample time to move from location to location, and also to eat, sleep, relax, visit the dealer's room, and all that good stuff. And don't forget to allot for line-waiting time for some particularly large or popular events, such as autograph sessions. A good place to start is to simply prioritize. Look at the schedule of events and decide which ones you have to do, and then work the rest of your schedule from there.

Source: Been attending and staffing at anime conventions on and off for the past.... ohgod, 12 years now, what have I done with my life. Haven't really been active in the scene much since I moved out of the US, though.

Yeah, I've only attended one con here and it was incredibly small. Most of my convention experience is from when I lived in the US.