Please tell me this is just my eyes that are not good.

...well... That's...interesting...o.o;

@eclipse: youre a mod youre supposed to protect the members not traumatize them gods

@FierceRagnar: Kon's right. You've said multiple times on here AND on YouTube videos for the game that you view this game as an abomination and more AFTER posting that you've lost all interest in the game. Heck, you've stated that you hate waifuing in general, and after that, you've posted in topics blatantly related to waifus just to complain about it and the people living in their PERSONAL fantasies, nothing more. Here's an idea: if you hate something, don't access topics or forums specifically about it. Let the others have their opinions in peace; they aren't trying to harass you, so why are you bothering them?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best hope at this stage is that the designs are intended to be satirical. There's some theories floating around that the game is meant to provide a sort of commentary on idol culture (hence the insane outfits and battles occurring on a stage with an audience), which I wouldn't put past Atlus.

Anyone know who did the character designs? If their stuff isn't normally like this, that'd lend some credence toward it being deliberately horrid.

Well that would be better, though to be honest, celebrity culture satire isn't all that original either.

such rage from some people here, so immature lol

RIGHT?! Not a single person I've met so far realized what it was until they said it in the direct.

I realized it was SMTxFE pretty much right away, get at me

granted I'm not exactly your normal fan, for better or worse

@eclipse: youre a mod youre supposed to protect the members not traumatize them gods

I've got several other theories about those zipper panties. Shall I show you what really goes on in my head? :P:

Well that would be better, though to be honest, celebrity culture satire isn't all that original either.

It would be good for a laugh! I'd also have a. . .fitting avatar, too~!

I've got several other theories about those zipper panties. Shall I show you what really goes on in my head? :P:

I can't be the only member on this boards who is morbidly curious about this. Right? Like, I thought what you pointed out before was bad, but you have more to say on the issue. Which could possibly be worse. Does that not get anyone's interest but mine?

I realized it was SMTxFE pretty much right away, get at me

granted I'm not exactly your normal fan, for better or worse

Same here. Though to be fair I don't really know much about Shin Megami Tensei in the first place.

no thank you eclipse youre scaring us

big time

I'll compromise and use spoiler tags. :P:

I can't be the only member on this boards who is morbidly curious about this. Right? Like, I thought what you pointed out before was bad, but you have more to say on the issue. Which could possibly be worse. Does that not get anyone's interest but mine?

Tee-hee~!

[spoiler=More theories regarding zippers in inconvenient locations]1. Take a normal bikini bottom. Now add a front panel with a zipper on it. The zipper is purely decorative, and the odds of something sensitive being caught in it drops to zero. It makes cleaning the garment more difficult, and may your deity of choice have mercy on you if you wear tampons and your string gets caught in the gap between the zipper panel and the actual underwear lining..

2. Instead of a full-blown second panel, there's a bit of stretchy cloth sewn behind the zipper. The zipper itself would still function as such, but it won't turn into a pile of gunk and rust as quickly (sweat glands are everywhere on the body, including the skin below the belly button, and dancing around on stage is really strenuous). It'll also keep other body hair from being trapped in the zipper (believe it or not, human women are mammals, which means that body hair may exist on their torso). If I felt like cosplaying this (and subsequently being disowned by my family), I'd go this route.

3. In the most likely scenario, the designers didn't sit down in a meeting with multiple women and think about the practical considerations of zipper panties. Instead, they probably drew it, and thought it looked cool, sort of like how a lot of other things in the entertainment industry turn out. Source: Hestia's string.

tl;dr - There's ways to actually make a pair of zipper panties so that it doesn't snag, but the odds of the developers and artists doing that are pretty low. My condolences to Kiria.

Tee-hee~!

[spoiler=More theories regarding zippers in inconvenient locations]1. Take a normal bikini bottom. Now add a front panel with a zipper on it. The zipper is purely decorative, and the odds of something sensitive being caught in it drops to zero. It makes cleaning the garment more difficult, and may your deity of choice have mercy on you if you wear tampons and your string gets caught in the gap between the zipper panel and the actual underwear lining..

2. Instead of a full-blown second panel, there's a bit of stretchy cloth sewn behind the zipper. The zipper itself would still function as such, but it won't turn into a pile of gunk and rust as quickly (sweat glands are everywhere on the body, including the skin below the belly button, and dancing around on stage is really strenuous). It'll also keep other body hair from being trapped in the zipper (believe it or not, human women are mammals, which means that body hair may exist on their torso). If I felt like cosplaying this (and subsequently being disowned by my family), I'd go this route.

3. In the most likely scenario, the designers didn't sit down in a meeting with multiple women and think about the practical considerations of zipper panties. Instead, they probably drew it, and thought it looked cool, sort of like how a lot of other things in the entertainment industry turn out. Source: Hestia's string.

tl;dr - There's ways to actually make a pair of zipper panties so that it doesn't snag, but the odds of the developers and artists doing that are pretty low. My condolences to Kiria.

Maybe Kiria is a maschocist and enjoys the pain.......

Maybe Kiria is a maschocist and enjoys the pain.......

Come to think of it her transformation did have her putting some leathery looking thing on her face didn't it.

Tee-hee~!

I doubt the artists would've thought of those also. Although it could create for some interesting dialogue between characters if Kiria's outfit is ever lampshaded.

Come to think of it her transformation did have her putting some leathery looking thing on her face didn't it.

An eyepatch.

Because she's secretly the daughter of PIRATE DUNBAN!

Tee-hee~!

This has to be among the best posts on this forum in recent memory.

sorry to be off topic but...

Granted, I seem to have been incorrect in saying that Atlus only makes M-rated games, but so far, absolutely NOTHING I've seen from them has appealed to me. I don't want to see any genital monsters or women in only their underwear. I'm also not really interested in M-rated games. They tend to be too full of blood or sexual content which I'm not into.

atlus published tactics ogre and ogre battle games and....what can i say, they were fantastic. you shouldn't overlook any game that says ATLUS on it, because atlus didn't even make those games. i pretty much feel the same way about most of atlus' games except trauma center was the one thing by them that i really did like that they actually made

The trailer had just as little to do with SMT as it had with Fire Emblem, just so all of you know.

Okay good, I was very confused at what the hell I was watching, didn't see any fire emblem characters, saw a lot of similarities from the Persona series, and every one in skimpy clothing. I feel like the trailer was just to show of some scantily clad women, but I guess that's the norm for Japan.

Also dont see how FE will fit into this game at all.

haha this thread

Yeah. I think that Atlus just presented it in a terrible way and went a horrible route with character designs.

Just...remind me never ever to try an Atlus game.

Atlus makes some pretty fantastic games, to be fair. You should never overlook a whole company because of the design choice of one character.

I, for one, love Persona. Catherine. I heard Etrian Odyssey was fun too. Come on.

I, for one, love Persona. Catherine. I heard Etrian Odyssey was fun too. Come on.

EO is gr9.

But really, Ana, you're kinda assuming that Atlus makes only M-rated games. But Nintendo does make only kiddie games.

I agree the game is pretty ANIMU!, but it still looks like it could be interesting. I'm reluctant to judge it based on the direction they decided to go with it, since I think a lot of people judged LoZ Windwaker based on its style too. Yeah, some of the pointless fan-service-y stuff bugs me, but other than that, I don't think I have an opinion one way or the other. If the game turns out to be interesting enough, I'll just learn to bear it.

I'm still in the bus of peeps who say that this will have some sort of satirical elements about idol culture. Though the battlefield and battle mechanics need some explaining.

Omg, so not gonna play this game, I might actually see a woman's SKIN. SKIN!!1! I WILL B SKURD 4 LIFE. Srsly grow up people, this drama is undeserved.

The problem is that in the standalone trailer they state that the game's likely to be rated M so it's probably going to get worse from here, because there isn't anything in the trailer to warrant it being rated M, so they could have stuff like... yeah...

Edited by Star and Moon

I recently saw on YouTube the GameExplain trailer analysis start picking things from the trailer apart and analyzing it, and honestly it seems there might very well be a lot more Fire Emblem elements in this game than a lot of the people in the thread are giving it credit for.

The problem seems to be that the trailer moved so fast, and people were so distracted by their shock at seeing it be presented differently than they expected that people didn't have a chance to absorb more of the hints of Fire Emblem from the trailer…..

Looking at things with free frames helps a lot, apparently….. of course, the people watching it for the first time didn't know what to look for and didn't have the benefit of freeze frames, so its understandable that it looked that there was a lack of FE elements.

Eh I never played any Atlas game myself except for one game not very far in you should take a look at Hoshigami it is quite good (watched a full playthrough of it) and plays out almost similar to Final Fantasy Tactics and such. As I have said have not played much of Atlus games yet but I know just because of that one character in that outfit there does not mean the rest of Atlus games are like that or M rated and such.

Personally the design there does not bother me I am more interested in what this games story and gameplay style is gonna be like since Fire Emblem is supposed to be there too.

Edit:Ah you have got to be kidding me I hate my computer sometimes dang clicked the quite button and it didn`t go correctly sigh.

Edited by Naglfar94

I purchased Persona 4 a few months ago, and it became one of my favorite RPGs ever, so to demonize Atlas for this one game seems rather silly because they have really good games.

However, that doesn't mean I'm interested for this game at all. When it was announced a few years ago I got pretty excited, because I think having FE characters in a modern setting can result in pretty interesting things. But when I saw the trailer all of my interest pretty much vanished and I doubt I'll get interested in it again. Of course I'll look out for some reviews once the game is out, but I doubt I'll get it.

The designs just make me cringe.