Hey everyone. It's pretty awesome that the avatar is the lord this time around. As the title of this thread implies, how do you guys think customization will work this time around? We've seen various screenshots of Kamui having different hair styles and genders, as well as different face types, but I wonder how Kamui being the main protagionist might effect customization. In the latest direct, there was a scene where he was being welcomed back in Hoshido. We could see what appeared to be the default build of male Kamui in his outfit, although his face was blocked off by someone's hat. Could customization be somewhat limited this time around?

In general, what are your thoughts?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he has as much customization or more than Robin did in awakening.

I love making customizable characters and to be honest I don't really like Kamui's default design.

The Hoshido scene just means that, like Robin, we won't be able to change Kamui's starting class (and it also likely means they didn't add an outfit color option...). We've seen first person cutscenes too, so it's very likely that we won't get him on screen in later CGs. That one is likely from very early into the game.

I repeat it again. More and better haircuts, better use of builds, not like the crappy riffraff MaleBuild 3 from FE13.

I. Want. To. Create. A. Priam.

Except for the FemBuild, it was near-perfect in Awakening I think, bonus point for the build 3, but still...

In other world, a lot of ameliorations, and a lot more of customization.

Edited by B.Leu

I think avatars will be even more customizable than before. Last game added builds, so I have a feeling the streak continues and eye color will be added. I mean, compared to most FE13 characters, Kamui's eyes seem very blatantly colored, whereas FE13 characters' eye colors could usually only be seen in critical cut-ins, with only a few exceptions such as Nowi.

Also, if builds do come back (which I think they will, despite the trailer showing just Kamui's body), it will be interesting to see manaketes of different body types this time around, rather than the usual child manaketes (with some exceptions). :P

I don't know, I think the eye color is set in stone. Red eyes usually mean something when they're given to a protagonist. I'm not too sure if you'll be able to change that.

It would be awesome if builds came back. I liked having the option of making my avatar shorter or taller. Having that back again would be amazing.

I think we'll probably see the same amount, or more, customization that the avatar got, with most anime cutscenes being from a first-person perspective or so.

Customization isn't a big priority for me, really, but I'd like customizable skin tone--I'd choose the palest one to reflect me best.

I want better haircolor options than are present in Awakening, and perhaps a few more faces. Builds were fun, but I dunno.

For the male avatar, I want an option for long hair.

Hmm. I'm okay with builds being gone as long as we have a lot more face/hair options.

I have to say, I didn't really like any of the medium build hairstyles for the female avatar, not a single 'normal' long hair style. At lease we can already see FKamui's getting one, and it seems to be the default.

It'd be interesting if Kamui had ended up as a fixed character, with only the option of being male or female. However, considering how a lot of Awakening's appeal was "make anime me and get waifu", I very much doubt it's the case.

Hair color, obviously. Hopefully what they had in Awakening, with more in depth options like more builds and hair styles. And more voices would be nice too... really just want Awakening customization+.

It'd be interesting if Kamui had ended up as a fixed character, with only the option of being male or female. However, considering how a lot of Awakening's appeal was "make anime me and get waifu", I very much doubt it's the case.

I'm pretty sure NoJ tweeted that Kamui was customizable, at least I remember VincentASM mentioning it.

I'm pretty sure the NA Direct mentioned that Kamui would be customizable too.

But while I like the default female Kamui a lot, I'm curious about what her customization options are. I mean, I also liked default female Robin, but found that I liked a different face and hair style for her even more.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Better customization from a mechanical standpoint.

Asset/Flaw was nice in theory, but ended up doing little. I want to actually choose how Kamui plays. If I want to make a pseudo Fighter, let me make a pseudo Fighter. If I want to make a Kamui with high defense, high speed, and low skill, let me make that character.

Also I doubt we'll get less customization this time around. I'm not sure we'll get much more either, but I doubt they would get rid of options.

I'd like to have an option to not make him a manakete.

Him being a manakete is probably an important part of the story, so I don't think your wish is gonna materialize. Unless you mean reclassing to a class that can't transform. That might work.

Edited by Severlan

I'd like to have an option to not make him a manakete.

I would too, if anything reclassing into something to that effect would be nice.

I disliked the manaketes and taguels from Awakening.

I would ADORE if I could make him a tactician a-la Awakening.

Well, I'll probably keep Kamui on his class line, since I love FE's awesome signature draconic shapeshifters. :3 I hope his promotion gives him boots, though.

BTW, Ana, why do you hate manaketes so much? o.o

Edited by DarkGold777

I disliked the manaketes and taguels from Awakening.

It's not that I hate the Manaketes and Taguels from Awakening (in fact, I rather liked them), rather it's that I hate the new design shown in If's Direct trailer.

Seriously, it looks bloody awful.

Edited by NinjaMonkey