• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, i'd be fine if it was only hair (or hair color) and face. customization is fun, but it really wasn't that big of an issue for me- my mu's are all not default, but i wouldn't totally mind if they were default. i did like the build, though, and i'm hoping they do build too, because um..

tumblr_inline_nnjd4cHz0C1r2tqhs_540.png

not only is it holy moe, batman, but she looks like a literal 12 year old. i'm not about that. and assuming that's the default, i honestly was expecting her to look older, like how she does on the site's art, which is definitely looking closer to 19-20 than 12. and different builds= different portrait bases, so...

tl;dr i do like the hair and color options, but i won't miss them much if they don't bring them back. i do hope they bring the builds back though, because fem kamui's portrait looks "holy moe, batman"/ like a 12 y/o to me, and i'm hoping other build portraits won't look like that (if there are other builds in IF).

Edited by falcoknights

personally, i'd be fine if it was only hair (or hair color) and face. customization is fun, but it really wasn't that big of an issue for me- my mu's are all not default, but i wouldn't totally mind if they were default. i did like the build, though, and i'm hoping they do build too, because um..

not only is it holy moe, batman, but she looks like a literal 12 year old. i'm not about that.

SO MOE, yet she still looks older then most manaketes :P.

Yeah I hope build is still a thing, should be.

not only is it holy moe, batman, but she looks like a literal 12 year old.

I'm not sure about "literal 12 year old", I just spent a good part of yesterday observing classes for my teaching program at a local middle school :P:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get build options for Kamui, as we did with Robin, but I think they'd have to be a bit more … limited. Robin didn't have a past, per say, so their age didn't have to match up with anything else. In the case of Kamui, though, we know that they must be younger than Ryouma and older than the two sisters on both sides of the war. It'll further limit customization options if we're told for certain that Kamui is younger (or older, or in-between) the other four siblings.

I'm not sure about "literal 12 year old", I just spent a good part of yesterday observing classes for my teaching program at a local middle school :P:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get build options for Kamui, as we did with Robin, but I think they'd have to be a bit more … limited. Robin didn't have a past, per say, so their age didn't have to match up with anything else. In the case of Kamui, though, we know that they must be younger than Ryouma and older than the two sisters on both sides of the war. It'll further limit customization options if we're told for certain that Kamui is younger (or older, or in-between) the other four siblings.

...10 years old.

yeah, that would be the problem with builds in IF, considering that there is a general set age, likely around 19. so, i feel like it would mainly be height and face differences this time, rather than a total change all over (no random breast development/ jaw changing)? but man, i sure hope they go with builds, because if that's female kamui's default portrait...

Edited by falcoknights

I really don't think that's Female Kamui's default, the eyes are way bigger and her bangs are noticeably shorter.

personally i'm inclined to say it is, due to the hairstyle's side bangs, and the battle model that was shown on the screenshot i grabbed (i'll try and find it RN)- it's the same as the promo art, and if hair options (if there are any, color's been shown to change via map sprites, but hair) are like awakening, then we can't get that hairstyle with different builds.

so you're right, it totally could not be, but if it is i'm going straight for a different build, basically.

edit: this is where i got the crop from:

nohr4.jpg

Edited by falcoknights

If they bring back different builds (which I hope they do), I hope they remove the hair restrictions for different builds.

If the different builds have different poses like Awakening, then it'd be n times extra work with n being the number of different builds. One static build might be able to get away with it, though resizing down hair piece to fit head size may result in slightly different line weights.

I mean it'd be great if the artists want to put in the work to do it and I'd be pretty happy if they did that too, but do realise that it's not so much a restriction, per se, as just more stuff they need to do manually since each build's hair have to be drawn from scratch in different angles to fit each build's pose. In full-3d customizations there's no excuse since you can dynamically interpolate the mesh vertices, but with 2d portraits it's understandable.

What I find weird was that the second trailer did not show a single hint of Kamui being customizable except when it was explicitly stated by Bill or Nintendo of Japan's twitter while the first trailer showed female Kamui's sprite with a different hair color. Why is that? Were they just trying to establish the default look of Kamui for marketing purposes?

What I find weird was that the second trailer did not show a single hint of Kamui being customizable except when it was explicitly stated by Bill or Nintendo of Japan's twitter while the first trailer showed female Kamui's sprite with a different hair color. Why is that? Were they just trying to establish the default look of Kamui for marketing purposes?

Yes, they did this with Kris too IIRC Edited by L95

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...