Let's Play: Victoria II (The Concert of Europe mod) - The Path of the Danube [Cancelled]

Acacia Sgt

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might, but I wouldn't worry about war or something just yet.

[spoiler=Chapter IV - The Struggle for Bosnia (Nov. 13, 1822 - Jan. 24, 1823)]

Let’s get this over, shall we?

I also failed to notice, but the Württemberg 1. Division is also in Banja Luka. Anyway…

5-1.png

November 16 – The Moldavian organization falls apart and stages a retreat from Suceava.

As much as I’d want to go after the Wallachians now, I rather pursue the retreating Moldavians. I wouldn’t be worried about the Wallachians, since…

November 16 – The Königlich Sächsische Armie engage the Wallachian 1st Army in Hermmanstadt.

The Saxon are on the case.

November 16 – The 2nd Army has finished the occupation of Tuzla.

November 16 – The Imperial Regulars engage Blah2127 and his army in Livno.

5-2.png

Not that I mistrust Blah, but I trust more the artillery brigades under his command to offset his bad stats.

November 18 – The Königlich Sächsische Armie wipes out the Wallachian 1st Army in Hermmanstadt.

Go Saxons!

November 18 – The combined Austrian-Bavarian-Württemberg regiment finish occupying Banja Luka.

And go South Germans!

November 21 – The Bavarian 1st Army enters and beings occupying Sarajevo.

November 22 – The III. Armee enter Sarajevo to help with the occupation.

November 22 – The 2nd Army enters and begins occupying Foca.

November 24 – The Württemberg 1. Division enter Sarajevo to help with the occupation.

We’re almost half-way there with Bosnia.

November 25 – The Königlich Sächsische Armie engage the Armata Principatul Wallachei in Géva.

November 25 – The 1st Army catches up with the Armata Principatul Moldovei in Bacau.

5-3.png

The battle may not last long since their organization is still low from last battle, but hopefully I can take down enough soldiers before they retreat again.

5-4.png

November 27 – The Ottoman organization falls apart and stage a retreat from Livno.

Well, Blah2127 was able to repel them, with a noticeable difference in the death counts. That’s the power of artillery. Despite what the screen says, there are 9000 artillery units. For some reason it displayed 0.

5-5.png

My plan has come to fruition, the Ottomans have to divert troops to Bosnia leaving Greece alone. They may have kept something down there, though, so I mustn’t let my guard down.

5-6.png

November 28 – Another Serbian rally in Belgrade gets wiped out as soon as it rose.

This guy is stubborn, is it? Who keeps sparing his life? But seriously, as soon as they appeared, the victory screen showed up like the immediate second after. Also, take note, the Prussians are here!

December 4 – The I. Armee and V. Armee reach Athens.

5-7.png

Looks like they did. Kurdistan and Iraq troops are there. I need to let my regiments recover before attempting to fight them. At least with the positions we have they have to pass through me to get out of there, making me the defender if battle breaks out that way.

5-8.png

December 6 – The Moldavian organization falls apart and stages a retreat from Bacau.

Keep going, must not let them room to breathe!

December 6 – The Wallachian organization falls apart and stages a retreat from Géva.

The Saxon get another victory.

December 6 – Blah2127 has finished occupying Livno.

Just three provinces more and Bosnia is ours.

December 11 – The Imperial Regulars enter and begin occupying Dubrovnik.

The Ottomans attempt to invade Dalmatia now. They must be desperate now that the Prussian are here or something.

December 12 – The 1st Army catches up with the Armata Principatul Moldovei in the Moldavian capital of Iasi.

5-9.png

The enemy organization is so low… I doubt I’ll kill enough soldiers before they retreat again. Well, they’re distracted, if anything. Also, I have a third general now, but I’ll do the renaming and assignment once this is over.

December 13 – The Prussian 1st Army enter and begin occupying Mostar.

December 14 – The Königlich Sächsische Armie catch up with the Armata Principatul Wallachei in Tirgu Jiu.

5-10.png

The Saxon have pushed the Wallachians back to their country.

December 15 – The Austrian-Bavarian-Württemberg regiment has finished occupying Sarajevo.

December 17 – The Prussian 3rd Army enter and begin occupying Ulcinj.

December 19 – Blah2127 engages the Imperial Regulars in Drubovnik.

5-11.png

5-12.png

December 23 – The Moldavian organization falls apart and stage a retreat from Iasi.

December 23 – The 1st Army begin occupying Iasi.

I decided to stop toying with them for now.

December 24 – The III. Armee enter and begin occupying Niksic.

December 25 – The Wallachian organization falls apart and stage a retreat from Tirgu Jiu.

December 25 – The Königlich Sächsische Armie begin occupying Tirgu Jiu.

Score another victory for Saxony. Also, I saw the Kurdish-Iraqis regiment moving to Greek territory. Must be the Ottoman ships nearby, since transport ships don’t need to actually ferry units if it’s between lands whom the same naval region shares border with, just being in the naval region is enough. Well, I’ll have to risk it. I’ll merge the I. Armee and V. Armee and send them to intercept them before they leave.

December 28 – The Ottoman 2nd Army engage the III. Armee in Niksic.

5-13.png

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

December 29 – The I. Armee intercepts the Army of the Kurdish Emirs and the Army of Iraq in Khalkis.

5-14.png

Well, it’s a gamble alright.

5-15.png

December 30 – The Austrian organization falls apart and stages a retreat from Drubovnik.

Damn! My first defeat. Well, nothing big, I’ll have to wait a little so Blah2127’s regiment recovers organization and I’ll try again.

5-16.png

1823 opens up with an Upper House change. Not a big one, but it’s there.

January 1 – The Bavarian I. Korps enter and begin occupying Užice.

January 1 – The Ottoman 1st Army reinforce the Ottoman 2nd Army in Niksic.

5-17.png

January 6 – Another Serbian rally in Belgrade gets wiped out as soon as it rose.

… I’m speechless…

5-18.png

January 8 – The Ottoman organization falls apart and stage a retreat from Niksic.

Well, at least we won here.

5-19.png

January 9 – The Kurdish-Iraqi organization falls apart and stage a retreat from Khalkis.

And the gamble paid off. Now to pursue them to Athens.

January 9 – The Army of the Danube engage the Bavarian I. Korps in Užice.

5-20.png

I wish them luck.

January 13 – The Armata Principatul Moldovei enter and begin occupying Suceava.

January 13 – The I. Armee intercept the Army of the Kurdish Emirs and the Army of Iraq in Athens.

5-21.png

January 14 – The 2nd Army has finished occupying Foca.

Just one more province… also, since we now have more than 75% of the province, it will grant now grant warscore as long as it stays over 75%. That may probably speed things up, if only slightly.

January 15 – The Prussian 1st Army finished occupying Mostar.

We’ve done it, Bosnia fully occupied! Except the Ottomans are not ready to give up on it. We need a warscore of 31 for Bosnia, and right now we’re at 8. Yeah… it’s the Ottoman puppets, the more countries are on one side, the more warscore you need.

January 20 – The Bavarian organization falls apart and stages a retreat from Užice.

January 20 – The Prussian 1st Army engages the Imperial Regulars in Dubrovnik.

5-22.png

Well, looks like I don’t have to worry there. Time to move Blah2127 elsewhere.

January 21 – The 2nd Army engage the Army of the Danube in Užice.

5-23.png

Well, we arrived too late to help the Bavarians, but at least we’ll fight the Ottomans while they’re weakened.

January 22 – The Armata Principatul Wallachei enter and begin to occupy Hermannstadt.

5-24.png

January 24 – The Austrian organization falls apart and stage a retreat from Athens.

Man, we couldn’t win this time. Also they were forced to retreat to Corinth in Greece, since it’s the only non-enemy region they could move to, despite not being part of this war. When a regiment finds itself in a country not its own or who is at war with, it counts as being in exile. They can only move, not engage in battle, and can’t be reinforced or recover organization. With the Kurdish and Iraqi in Athens, the I. Armee is effectively out of the war unless I send my transports to pick them up, but I wouldn’t dare considering the Ottoman ships.

5-25.png

Well, the war is not changing its tide with the force I’d want to, but that doesn’t mean it won’t. The Prussian armies are already in the Balkans so it’s only a matter of time before our warscore starts to rise quickly. Until next time.

(In character as Rudolf von Dogson): No! Bad soldiers! We do NOT lose to Iraqis! This is the Austrian Imperial army, not the US army!

Rudolf confirmed for time traveler.

Oh, this seems interesting. And the game too! Well, if you need a general I am at your service.

Glad to have you on board, the more the merrier.

Acacia you said you were in need of more generals/admirals. How do you become one? Would I have to actually own this game?

Well, you just put your vote in the poll. No, you don't have to. The way I put the names in is because I can edit them from the save file. The data is stored as pure text, so I just open it in Notepad and edit.

Let’s go! It will end now!

[spoiler=Chapter V - The End of a Struggle (Jan. 25, 1823 - Jul. 3, 1823)]

January 28 – The Prussian 3rd Army finish occupying Ulcinj.

January 30 – The Prussian 1st Army wipes out the Ottoman Imperial Regulars at Dubrovnik.

January 31 – The II. Armee finish occupying Belgrade.

The Serbian capital is down.

6-1.png

February 1 – The Ottoman organization falls apart and stage a retreat from Užice.

February 1 – The 2nd Army begins occupying Užice.

February 3 – The Prussian 3rd Army enters and begin occupying Shkoder.

February 6 – The II. Armee enters and begins to occupy Kragujevac.

February 8 – Blah2127 intercepts the Army of the Danube in Novi Pazar.

6-2.png

Looks like we have another battle here.

February 9 – The Bavarian 1st Army enter Shkoder to help with the occupation.

February 12 – The Bavarian I. Korps enter Kragujevac to help with the occupation.

February 14 – The Prussian 4th Army reinforce Blah2127’s army in Novi Pazar.

6-3.png

Oh, an event, it has been awhile. As you can see, I chose the lower option. Reason is that the other option rises the militancy and desire of separatism of those who aren’t South Germans in one of the regions of my colony at Austrian Fezzan, which at this point it would be everybody or almost everybody. On the other hand, it’s a lesser impact the military and consciousness rise from my Rich Strata in my capital province.

6-4.png

February 15 – The Prussian 4th Army and Blah2127 wipe out the Ottoman Army of the Danube at Novi Pazar.

Another army wiped out, the Ottomans have suffered another big loss. I could send Blah2127 to Athens but there is still over 20000 Ottoman soldiers nearby.

February 15 – Both armies begin the occupation of Novi Pazar.

February 18 – The Prussian 1st Army enter Niksic to help with the occupation.

February 20 – The Württemberg 1. Division enter Novi Pazar to help with the occupation.

6-5.png

Speaking of the big Ottoman army, they’ve begun moving to Serbia, most likely to attack the Parmese. I quickly move Blah2127 and hopefully he’ll arrive in time.

March 2 – The Prussian-Bavarian regiment finish occupying Shkoder.

Also, my influence with Greece has risen enough to increase our relation status.

6-6.png

I actually slowed it down to give back priority to influencing Egypt. At this point I might as well.

March 6 – The Prussian-Austrian regiment has finished occupying Niksic.

March 6 – The Ottoman 2nd Army engages the Esercito di Parma in Bor.

6-7.png

Look at that organization, the Parmese are doomed. I’ll move Blah2127 to Belgrade instead.

March 7 – The Esercito di Parma gets wiped out in Bor.

Knew it.

March 7 – The Bavarian 1st Army intercepts the Ottoman 1st Army in Pristina.

6-8.png

March 8 – The Prussian 3rd Army enter and begin occupying Prizren.

March 9 – The Prussian-Württemberg regiment finish occupying Novi Pazar.

March 12 – The Austrian-Bavarian regiment has finished occupying Kragujevac.

Time to move this regiment to Belgrade too, just in case.

March 17 – Excellen has finished occupying Misratah.

We haven’t forgotten about you Excellen, now to take the other region. Also, the Ottoman army changed course to Austria proper. AI tends to do that if you move your armies directly to the regions they are or are moving to. One way to go around this is to move the armies to a province beyond the desired one, making sure their path takes them through them. The AI won’t do anything since it only registers you are passing through where it is or wants to be. Silly AI, getting fooled so easily.

March 18 – The Bavarian organization falls apart and stages a retreat from Pristina.

The Ottoman army in Serbia changed course again. Fighting them will get tricky.

March 20 – The Prussian 4th Army and Württemberg 1. Division intercept the Ottoman 1st Army at Pristina.

6-9.png

March 21 – The Ottoman 1st Army gets wiped out in Pristina.

March 22 – The Prussian 4th Army begins occupying Pristina.

March 27 – The 2nd Army finish occupying Užice.

March 27 – The Bavarian I. Korps enter Pristina to help with the occupation.

March 29 – The Württemberg 1. Division enter and begin occupying Niš.

6-10.png

The Wallachians are forced to flee because of an approaching Prussian army. Heh, wise move for them, but is only going to delay their inevitable demise.

April 1 – The Armata Principatul Wallachei enter and begin occupying Krondstadt.

April 1 – The II. Armee and III. Armee intercept the Ottoman 2nd Army in Bor.

6-11.png

Hehe, they stand no chance, more troops are in the way.

April 1 – Excellen enters and begins occupying Sirt.

Things go smoothly in North Africa, unlike the Balkans.

April 3 – Blah2127 reinforce the Austrian troops in Bor.

6-12.png

A little late but forgot to tell until now, the Ottomans have been pushed out of Great Power status (the top 8). Their toll in this war has not been kind to them. Also, nationalists in Cyprus managed to switch the island’s sovereignty to Greece some time back too. Cyprian nationalists, who had risen with the Greek ones, tried to keep going but it seems they changed their minds or Greek troops in Cyprus stamped them out.

April 5 – The Bavarian 1st Army enter Niš to help with the occupation.

April 5 – The Prussian 1st Army reinforce the Austrians in Bor.

Ottomans be dead.

April 7 – The Prussian 5th Army engage the Armata Principatul Wallachei in Krondstadt.

6-13.png

These be dead as well.

6-14.png

Executing him would be the same consciousness rise as imprisoning him, but it also comes with a rise in separatism those who are not South Germans. So, I take the lesser of two evils.

April 10 – The Armata Principatul Wallachei gets wiped out in Krondstadt.

These Prussian are heading to Wallachia now. I decide to stop occupying Iasi and go again with pursuing the Moldavians.

April 12 – The 2nd Army enters and begins occupying Leskovac.

6-15.png

April 12 – The Ottoman organization falls apart and stage a retreat from Bor.

Quick, must give chase!

April 12 – The Prussian 1st Army begins occupying Bor.

April 13 – The Prussian 3rd Army has finished occupying Prizren.

April 20 – The Prussian 5th Army enter and begin occupying Tirgoviste.

April 20 – The Prussian-Bavarian regiment finish occupying Pristina.

This is the point of the war where it culminates to simply occupying territory with a skirmish here and there until peace is achieved. Such is the law of the warscore I’m afraid.

April 21 – The Prussian 3rd Army enter and begin occupying Debar.

April 21 – The II. Armee and III. Armee intercept the Ottoman 2nd Army in Vidin.

6-16.png

April 23 – Blah2127 reinforces the Austrian regiments in Vidin.

April 26 – The 1st Army engage the Armata Principatul Moldovei in Suceava.

6-17.png

April 28 – The Prussian 4th Army enter and begin occupying Skopje.

6-18.png

April 28 – The Ottoman 2nd Army gets wiped out in Vidin.

April 28 – Blah2127 begins occupying Vidin.

Alright, the biggest hurdle is out of the way, time to send troops down to Athens.

April 30 – The Bavarian I. Korps enter Skopje to help with the occupation.

6-19.png

May 7 – The Moldavian organization falls apart and states a retreat from Suceava.

I debate if I should pursue them… well, just to avoid them going after the Krakowvians…

May 16 – The 1st Army intercept the Armata Principatul Moldovei in Bacau.

May 18 – The Prussian 1st Army finished occupying Bor.

And now all of Serbia is occupied.

May 20 – The Bavarian-Württemberg regiment finished occupying Niš.

May 25 – The Prussian-Bavarian regiment finished occupying Skopje.

May 26 – The Prussian 3rd Army finished occupying Debar.

6-20.png

May 27 – The Moldavian organization falls apart and stage a retreat from Bacau.

It’s turning into a repeat from last time, where they lose few troops since organization is so low. I think I’ll just help the Krakowvians in occupying regions.

May 29 – The Prussian 1st Army enters and begins occupying Craiova.

May 31 – The Prussian 4th Army enter and begin occupying Bitola.

June 3 – The Prussian 3rd Army enter and begin occupying Tirana.

June 4 – The Bavarian I. Korps enter and begin occupying Sofia.

June 6 – The 2nd Army finish occupying Leskovac.

June 6 – The Ottoman 1st Army enter and begin liberating Skopje.

The Moldavians begin to move again. I move my Austrian army there south for the “intercept by passing through” tactic.

June 8 – An Ottoman regiment rallies in Sofia but gets wiped out on the same day.

The Ottomans in Skopje flee south as I sent my army in Leskovac south too. My troops are near Athens, time to also move the exiled I. Armee to help out.

June 13 – The I. Armee, II. Armee, and III. Armee engage the Army of the Kurdish Emirs and the Army of Iraq in Athens. I also gained a 4th general, but again, won’t rename until the war is over.

June 19 – The Prussian 5th Army finish occupying Tirgoviste.

6-21.png

June 22 – The Kurdish-Iraqi organization falls apart and stages a retreat from Athens.

Aha, good job! Also, their brigades seems to have disbanded, as they’re now gone from the screen. We’ve done it! Greece is safe for the time being!

June 22 – The 2nd Army engages the Ottoman 1st Army in Polygyros.

June 24 – The Armata Principatul Moldovei enter and begin occupying Szentgyörgy.

6-22.png

June 25 – The Ottoman 1st Army gets wiped out in Polygyros.

Enough of this, I’ll send the 2nd Army straight to Istanbul. Capital regions give more warscore than regular regions, so if anything, this will close the gap faster.

June 25 – The I. Armee, II. Armee, and III. Armee enter and begin occupying Khalkis.

June 27 – The Prussian 5th Army enter and being occupying the Wallachian capital of Bucharest.

June 27 – The 1st Army engage the Armata Principatul Moldovei in Szentgyörgy.

June 29 – The 2nd Army engage the Ottoman 2nd Army in Kavala.

July 1 – The Ottomans send a peace offer where they accept our demands.

6-23.png

July 2 – The Ottoman 2nd Army gets wiped out in Kavala.

6-24.png

July 3 – Austria accepts the peace offer.

At last, the long struggle has come to an end. It was a long and hard road, but we made it through to the end. A job well done.

6-25.png

Well, the war is over. Took a while, but we made it. Next time, the post-war matters.

[spoiler=Chapter VI - Army & Industry (Jul. 4, 1823 - Oct. 1, 1824)]

Now that we have half a decade of truce time with the Ottomans, it’s time to focus more on development to be better prepared next time, among other things.

7-1.png

Unlike Tripolitanian Fezzan, Ottoman Tripolitania comes as a Protectorate. Provinces come in three levels: Protectorate, Colony, and State. I don’t know the difference between Protectorate and Colony, but in this mod, once a Colony becomes a State, it stops needing Colonial Points, can use National Focuses that it couldn’t have as a colony, can have factories, among other stuff. From Protectorate to Colony it needs a certain amount of Colonial Points, and for Colony to State it also needs a 1% of Bureaucrats in its population.

I still have forts and ships still in production, so our focus will be in the land units. Most of them were operating below maximum efficiency, so the Nth. Armee’s will be disbanded and use those troops for better units, and most of them are South Germans that could afford being Regulars instead of Infantries or Irregulars.

7-2.png

Well, at least the news of our expansion did made it on time.

7-3.png

Meanwhile Lucca wants an alliance. I’d suspect countries that weren’t with me on the war had broken their alliances and will ask for them again in the following months.

7-4.png

With the war over, rebel groups have begun to appear. This is basically where we monitor who and where we might find ourselves with rebel uprisings. Also, don’t be fooled by the movement for Censored Press. This is because Austria starts with Sate Press, so I guess in the reform system it goes from State to Censored when it comes to what the people want, since they will go for what benefits them better.

Right now the rebel groups are small, but will grow, especially if I don’t pass reforms and the like, though for now I can’t do that.

7-5.png

One thing we can do as a Great Power is Foreign Investment, building factories in other countries that allow it. This can boost our industrial score, and give us a fraction of the goods and money that come from them. Since I don’t think Greece will be conquered now, I’ll start investing there. It currently houses three provinces: Greek Peloponnese, Greek Aegean Islands, and Cyprus.

For example, the Greek Peloponnese produces three goods in its regions: Wool, Dye, and Fish. Only one good is produced per region, though some regions within a province can produce the same good. Factories need specific resources and will get a production bonus if they are built in a province that has them. This also applies for factory-produced goods as well. Sometimes, you may not have all the goods you need in one province to have the production bonuses apply and make a production chain with full bonuses, so it’s not necessary to aim for them always. For my foreign investment, I’ll do that. And eventually also in my home provinces.

So my factory plans in Greece currently are:

· Greek Peloponnese (Wool, Dye, Fish): Wool Mill (Wool) (Produces Fabric), Regular Clothes Factory (Fabric and Dye), Luxury Clothes Factory (Silk and Regular Clothes), Clipper Shipyard (Fabric and Lumber), and Fish Cannery (Fish).

· Greek Aegean Islands (Fish): Fish Cannery.

· Cyprus (Copper, Fish): Bronze Factory (Copper and Lead), Early Small Arms Factory (Bronze), Bronze Artillery Factory (Gunpowder and Bronze), and Fish Cannery.

See? Some factory chains are missing the production bonuses of some resources. But it’s no big deal since it’s only a bonus, not a penalty to production.

7-6.png

Another alliance offer. Expected.

7-7.png

My relations with Greece have rose over 100. In Victoria, you can’t make alliances if the number is lower. I offer one, and they accepted. Also, looking at their war effort, the Ottomans have apparently recovered quickly to have 18000 soldiers in Athens. On the other hand, they have Greek Patriots rising all over the place as well, so their hands are full with the Greeks both inside and out.

7-8.png

1824 Upper House. Another small hit to the conservatives.

7-9.png

Our technology has finished and now I can hire Dragoons. Also take note I have inventions to get now. Yeah, that’s what the Lightbulb icons meant. They unlock for invention once the needed technologies are researched and they’re %-based. At the start of every month is when the RNG rolls if they get invented or not. Inventions essentially grant more bonuses and are also needed for other stuff like fellow inventions or decisions and the like.

This next technology is the last I’ll research from the starting ones for now as it will finish past the start of 1825, which is the next year more technologies get unlocked. There is one I want to get immediately so once I finish with this one, I’ll go research that one and go back to research some of the earlier ones.

This technology I chose it because it’s a Tier I technology, so it will finish the quickest. Now, I can go without researching, and the Research Points will stack for until I actually use them, although the limit is one year’s worth of them before they start to not stack, if I remember correctly. The bonuses are decent, specially the consumption reduction, although I don’t plan to use Cuirassiers much. Other Tier I options were in the Navy category, but right now I don’t need their bonuses.

7-10.png

Amusing, a news from the war still shows up now.

7-11.png

Germany is a nation that will end up forming sooner or later, and these rebels play a big part. If there is a nation not under Prussia’s Sphere of Influence, these German Pan-Nationalists when they have their demands enforced, the nation falls into Prussia’s SoI automatically. For the German nations under my sphere, they too will have these rebels rise. Well, if it means avoiding going to war with Prussia, all the better if they rise.

7-12.png

Well, this is good, a drop in militancy in the colony lessens the chance of rebel uprising.

7-13.png

The German Pan-Nationalists won and Saxe-Weimar is in Prussia’s SoI, and now I have a Casus Belli on Prussia for their SoI’s. This is not exactly the war of hegemony I mentioned before since the CB is for one country. Either way, I’m no fool, I won’t use it. Don’t know if Prussia also gains it, but if it does… well, it’s a war I’ll have to face since the AI will use it. Maybe. In the meantime, having a CB on a country will cause a steady drop in relations as long as the CB lasts. I’ll have to keep Prussia’s relations high for the time being.

7-14.png

April 1824 gives us this invention. Nice boost for my Regulars. And Saxe-Weimar rescinds military access on us.

7-15.png

Back to the regular news I suppose.

Now back to more factory building, this time in Two Sicilies.

· Sicilian Sicily (Fruit, Sulphur): Fertilizer Factory (Sulphur), Gunpowder Factory (Coal and Sulphur), Ammunition Factory (Gunpowder and Lead), Explosives Factory (Gunpowder), Fruit Cannery (Fruit), and Sugar Refinery (Fruit)

7-16.png

Yeah, no, I’m not allowing the Beer Halls. While they provide a steady militancy decline, it also comes with a small reduction in RGO (Resource Gathering Operation) production, and a slight increase in the needs for Poor Strata. This province modifier lasts for the whole game so… no, I won’t allow it. Although I think it can be removed, through a future event… but I’d rather just stop it here.

7-17.png

This event pop ups from time to time. I think it gives a prestige gain to the country that gets it, though I don’t know exactly what determines being the Workshop of the World.

7-18.png

After ferrying troops to Africa, Excellen finally has a proper regiment to command and mostly composed of unaccepted cultures to keep them away from their homes and be less of a nuisance if they revolt.

7-19.png

More German Pan-Nationalists. They have not risen yet in my sphered German countries, but they will.

7-20.png

Blah2127 will be put in charge of the capital. Notice the Rebel Flag icon is selected. This means that when rebels rise in my lands, they will automatically move to deal with them, then go back to their assigned region once finished. It’s best to keep this guy out of the frontlines and deal with homeland security or something where it could be less probable his bad stats will screw me over.

7-21.png

Another alliance. And Saxe-Coburg-Gotha rescinds MA.

7-22.png

Liberals will begin to gain presence in the country. This could bring problems eventually but hopefully I can lower militancy and consciousness since high militancy causes the Conservatives to buckle and vote yes for reforms, which are ways to bring the MIL and CON down.

7-23.png

In other, more troubling news, the Ottomans have come in full force into Greece. I fear this could mean the Ottomans will win now.

7-24.png

Looking at the poll, Rehab is next. His regiment will be at the Ottoman border leading a contingence of non-accepted cultures since again to keep them in check they’ll be first in the frontlines. His stats are quite good, despite the single penalty there, but overall he’s good. Also check that attributes combination. He must have gotten the 19th Century equivalent of bullying or something for being the 19th century equivalent of a nerd or something, heh.

Anyway, my Tier I forts are finally finishing construction, and soon the whole country will have them. The ones in Bosnia though have only begun construction since I focused my money in factory building first. Well, better late than never.

7-25.png

And to wrap this update, this bonus can come in handy in our next war.

Hmm, the situation in Greece worries me. I wonder if despite the truce I can interfere once my influence with Greece reaches Friendly status. I know that even with a casus belli a war declaration during a truce there are still penalties, but interference… well, if Greece can last long enough, I’ll see if I can.

Well, until next time.

Hehehehe, nice nice.

"Claiming reliability is just a way of admitting inability to experiment. And do I ever have experiments to perform..."

Ha! When I end up as the only thing standing between a shirtless woman holding a tricolor and the Imperial Family, you'll thank me. On another note, PLEASE ally with Imperial Mexico! It's surviving now, unlike it did historically, and it would be great to see the empire of the old world and the empire of the new team up to take down those upstart Americans!

Ha! When I end up as the only thing standing between a shirtless woman holding a tricolor and the Imperial Family, you'll thank me. On another note, PLEASE ally with Imperial Mexico! It's surviving now, unlike it did historically, and it would be great to see the empire of the old world and the empire of the new team up to take down those upstart Americans!

Unfortunately under the AI things are highly likely Mexico will go as like OTL, except perhaps keeping Central America this time. Besides, I'm too far away to be of any help. The US has a lot more ports to pump up ships if I were to try to head over there.

Although when I play as Mexico... hehehehehe... although keeping the 1st Empire is hard due to events. I always end up as a Democracy before the 1820's are over. Although once I managed to have it last until 1873 (for added amusement, I had a general named Agustin de Iturbide who lived until 1878). That was quite the feat... and it made no sense for the Plan of Casa Mata event to still fire that late in the game...

Admitedly so far I've only ever played as Mexico before this, except for that brief one time as Argentina. I'm bias for my home country, after all.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I'm pretty sure there's a reliable way for mexico to beat texas in the war it starts with. Afaik it involves disbanding all your irregular crappy units and building a big bunch of regulars, to the point where the usa doesn't want to join in anymore, and then hunting houston et al down.

I'm pretty sure there's a reliable way for mexico to beat texas in the war it starts with. Afaik it involves disbanding all your irregular crappy units and building a big bunch of regulars, to the point where the usa doesn't want to join in anymore, and then hunting houston et al down.

Unfortunately this mod adds an event that simulates Santa Anna's capture, which can lead to Texas asking for help if you chose to continue the war anyway, which leads to the US meddling in. It's still possible to win... maybe... but it does feel like rail-roading if the dice doesn't roll your way. Since under the AI there is still a chance the US won't interfere. It's like a 25% chance for AI!USA to chose that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Unfortunately under the AI things are highly likely Mexico will go as like OTL, except perhaps keeping Central America this time. Besides, I'm too far away to be of any help. The US has a lot more ports to pump up ships if I were to try to head over there.

Although when I play as Mexico... hehehehehe... although keeping the 1st Empire is hard due to events. I always end up as a Democracy before the 1820's are over. Although once I managed to have it last until 1873 (for added amusement, I had a general named Agustin de Iturbide who lived until 1878). That was quite the feat... and it made no sense for the Plan of Casa Mata event to still fire that late in the game...

Admitedly so far I've only ever played as Mexico before this, except for that brief one time as Argentina. I'm bias for my home country, after all.

Aww, c'mon! At least help the Second Empire! It even makes sense historically, as the Mexican Emperor was a Hapsburg. And wait... you've only even played as Mexico and Argentina before this? You gotta expand your horizons, man!

Aww, c'mon! At least help the Second Empire! It even makes sense historically, as the Mexican Emperor was a Hapsburg. And wait... you've only even played as Mexico and Argentina before this? You gotta expand your horizons, man!

Even as the player, enabling the 2nd Empire is very hard. The mod added more conditions to the decision. Before, you only needed a Conservative/Reactionary ruling party and certain amount of militancy. Here, France needs to be Absolute Monarchy or Prussian Constitutionalism. I've yet to see all the conditions happen to enact the decision.

Well, this LP is basically me expanding my horizons.

Even as the player, enabling the 2nd Empire is very hard. The mod added more conditions to the decision. Before, you only needed a Conservative/Reactionary ruling party and certain amount of militancy. Here, France needs to be Absolute Monarchy or Prussian Constitutionalism. I've yet to see all the conditions happen to enact the decision.

Well, this LP is basically me expanding my horizons.

I just meant support it if it happens. Maybe your own version of the Zimmermann Telagram.

We'll see, we'll see. Still too early for that.

[spoiler=Chapter VII - Further Development (Oct. 2, 1824 - Jan. 1, 1827)]

I fear to say Greece is doomed now. I doubt I can get to Friendly status in time. Fortunately, if I remember right, even if Greece gets annexed there is an event that rises the topic again. Well, we’ll see.

In the meantime, I’ll be still developing my army and industry. And that is, more factories for Two Sicilies:

· Calabria (Wool, Fruit, Fish): Wool Mill (Wool) (Produces Fabric), Regular Clothes Factory (Fabric and Dye), Luxury Clothes Factory (Silk and Regular Clothes), Clipper Shipyard (Fabric and Lumber), Fish Cannery (Fish), Fruit Cannery (Fruit), and Sugar Refinery (Fruit).

· Puglia (Wool, Dye, Fruit, Fish): Wool Mill, Regular Clothes Factory, Luxury Clothes Factory, Clipper Shipyard, Fish Cannery, Fruit Cannery, and Sugar Refinery.

· Campania (Fruit, Fish): Fruit Cannery, Sugar Refinery, and Fish Cannery.

8-1.png

I noticed Bohemia is almost at 2% Clergymen. I think I’ll stop there, and focus on Bureaucrats now, but in Africa. I don’t know how many Colony Points are needed to turn my colonies into states, but I’d rather see if I can now before I take more colonial land and then end up not being able to turn them into states.

8-2.png

1825 Upper House. The Liberal rise and fall does fluctuate, huh.

8-3.png

The first option gives the Colonial Exploitation modifier. It lasts for 10 years and while it almost increases by half the RGO production, it also gives a small but long-term impacting militancy increase. The other two give Liberal and Conservative increases in the Upper House respectively. Since I plan to upgrade my colonies I don’t go for the first option, so I go for Liberals. Usually these events change nothing since by next Upper House change it snaps back almost, especially if I went for Liberals. Oh well.

8-4.png

News be back to not mentioning much for gameplay. Though it’s a shame I can’t build Machine Parts factories yet, would take advantage of the rising price.

8-5.png

Well, I was mistaken about the research I wanted to do next. 1825 didn’t opened that many technologies, so next one is the railroad.

8-6.png

The news sure are happening more often. Also, I’m pretty sure a cow wouldn’t be a gentleman… unless they’re talking about a bull… but that’d be odd.

8-7.png

Next in the list was Phuclun3, commanding an army of non-accepted. Unfortunately since my border provinces don’t have the supply limit high enough yet, these guys will be stationed in Sopron until I can move them. As for stats… well, they’re decent. The defense penalty is somewhat of a bad deal, but hopefully he can manage.

8-8.png

I see I was right about the Colonial Points. Austrian Tripolitania needs 116 to become a state, and I only have 106 free. Fortunately, I have technologies that can give me the boost I need, but that will be after the railroad. I’ve also noticed that Two Sicilies has halted construction on some of the factories I’ve ordered built. Well, as long as I can still build one of each, not being in the same province won’t be a big deal.

8-9.png

And last of the names in the poll (as of this writing). Like the previous regiment, they too will stay elsewhere until I can afford to move them to the border. And other than the speed penalty, he has decent stats. Apparently Blah was truly unlucky or something.

8-10.png

And that’s it for Greece. Although if I’m right about the event it should pop up in the following months. Also, those factories I built are now the Ottoman’s, so that’s a hit to my industrial score and market priority for their goods and money. At least Two Sicilies allows me to build more or less the same ones.

8-11.png

Another Crop Rotation notification, how nice. In the meantime, my colonies are close to having 1% Bureaucrats each. Once that is done I’ll shift the NF’s to my other provinces.

8-12.png

8-13.png

1826 Upper House. As expected, the Liberal increase from the event is almost nullified by the UH annual change.

8-14.png

With Greece gone at least I can speed up influencing Egypt.

Finished with Two Sicilies in terms of factories, my next slave for cheap labor investment will be Switzerland. At least their neutrality ensures my factories will be fine… unless they nationalize them, but that’s still far off from happening… maybe…

· German Switzerland (Iron, Fruit, Timber, Cattle): Lumber Mill (Timber), Printing Press (Paper), Cigarette Factory (Paper, Tobacco), and Shoe Factory (Bronze, Cattle). By the time of starting the Swiss had already built a Paper Mill (Timber), so I can’t build one there too.

· French Switzerland (Grain, Coal): Cement Factory (Coal), Gunpowder Factory (Coal, Sulphur), Explosives Factory (Gunpowder), Ammunitions Factory (Gunpowder, Lead), Bronze Artillery Factory (Gunpowder, Bronze), Glass Factory (Coal, Lead), and Liquor Distillery (Glass, Grain).

· Italian Switzerland (Iron, Cattle): Steel Factory (Iron, Lead), and Canned Food Factory (Cattle).

8-15.png

Looks like rebels rose in Krakow. They’re Jacobin, though since Krakow is democratic then I have no idea what exactly they want. Since I don’t have MA with Krakow, I can only watch as they take over. Once they win, Krakow gets out of my sphere, and influence of the Great Powers drops, even mine. Although… well, I’ll show it when it happens.

And like the Sicilians, the Swiss are also cancelling some of my factory constructions. Oh well…

8-16.png

Machine Parts sure are still rising in price huh…

8-17.png

Well, about time I got that invention. And alright, I have enough ships to gain that navy modifier. Nice. Also, as a way to make up for my removed factories, I’ll build a Stable (Iron, Fruit, Grain) in German Switzerland and Italian Switzerland. And some others to use the goods production bonus. Hopefully these won’t be taken down.

8-18.png

Alright, we have… no, wait, we still don’t, actually. What the technology did was enable the invention to build Level 1 Railroads. Don’t look at me, that’s how the mod does it. On the other hand, having the technology allows us to enable the decision:

8-19.png

As long we are any form of monarchy, we can enact this decision. It’s small prestige gain and militancy reduction every 10 years, but it’s there. Yeah, the assassin thing can pop up as an event, but hopefully it won’t. I think I just need low militancy in the country, well, it would make sense.

Anyway, the next technology I’m researching is one I mentioned that can grant Colonial Points gain. The Supply Range increase is also good.

8-20.png

And it happened, Krakow’s government is toppled.

8-21.png

Now, this is where it gets tricky. Lower option is war to re-add them to my sphere. Upper, as you see, is a prestige loss, and my relations with them not only does not decrease, but increase as well. I’ll take the gamble and chose this option. For the following months I’ll be lowering my relations with them until I can fabricate a Conquest Casus Belli. Only problem is that both Russia and Prussia, even with the influence drop, are still at Cordial relations with Krakow. If they get to Friendly, I can kiss the conquest chance good-bye. So, I’ll be putting low-priority influence increasing on Krakow, hopefully that can make those two to stop theirs, or use up their points trying to stop me, and thus, a distraction. We’ll see.

8-22.png

Well, as I thought, everybody else stopped influencing Krakow, though France managed to discredit me first. Discredit slows down influence gain and lasts for a certain amount of time. I’m not worried since it’s just to stop others from influencing, so the slowing down doesn’t bother me. My main objective here is being fulfilled regardless.

8-23.png

Part of me starts to believe the Machine Parts price rise is actually the same news the RNG just loves to keep putting in… or the price rises so slowly it can still spent months and months being news. But that’s just me.

8-24.png

1827 Upper House. Not much of a change.

8-25.png

And to wrap up this update, here’s my navy, directed by Blaze, who has good stats and not a penalty to be seen. Good for him. It’s still not complete, as I still have ships in construction. But I’d say this was a good point to show it already. The plan for now is that it will have 5 of each Man O’ War and Frigates. Then again, it’s the only other ships apart from Clipper Transports that I can build, so yeah.

Well, we’re not far from 1828 and the end of our truces, so expect war to come soon. Perhaps first we’ll subjugate Krakow before meddling with the Tripolitanians and Ottomans again…

Holy crap, the Mexican Empire is going insane! In any case, the fact that Jacobins can rise in democracies and HM's governments in Victoria 2 is IMO the dumbest thing about it. When Yang Wen Li said that in a democracy, change is possible if the people will it I really don't think armed rebellion is what he had in mind. Though I could probably see the modern day Tea Party in the US pulling something like that...

Holy crap, the Mexican Empire is going insane! In any case, the fact that Jacobins can rise in democracies and HM's governments in Victoria 2 is IMO the dumbest thing about it. When Yang Wen Li said that in a democracy, change is possible if the people will it I really don't think armed rebellion is what he had in mind. Though I could probably see the modern day Tea Party in the US pulling something like that...

That's because of events. The mod add this for Mexico in the early game:

* Doesn't start with it's Adam-Onis borders, the land in today!USA starts uncolonized. But events pop up where they gain one region at a time.

* Event for the United States of Central America to join, then another if they leave, and can chose war for re-annexation.

* Event where they chose to try to take Cuba from Spain.

So if the RNG rolls that way in both events and news generation, it can end up for a bunch of Mexico related news to pop up in the newspaper and make them look like expansionists, as the AI is inclined to chose the war options in the latter two cases.

Heh, maybe they're just very impatient people who can't wait for the Upper House to have the majority vote in passing the reforms?