Let's Play: Victoria II (The Concert of Europe mod) - The Path of the Danube [Cancelled]

Acacia Sgt

That's because of events. The mod add this for Mexico in the early game:

* Doesn't start with it's Adam-Onis borders, the land in today!USA starts uncolonized. But events pop up where they gain one region at a time.

* Event for the United States of Central America to join, then another if they leave, and can chose war for re-annexation.

* Event where they chose to try to take Cuba from Spain.

So if the RNG rolls that way in both events and news generation, it can end up for a bunch of Mexico related news to pop up in the newspaper and make them look like expansionists, as the AI is inclined to chose the war options in the latter two cases.

Heh, maybe they're just very impatient people who can't wait for the Upper House to have the majority vote in passing the reforms?

Huh, I might have to download this mod just to play as Mexico then. If only the Tea Party IRL would do all this crap, it would give us an excuse to kill them all lol.

Sweet. I'm liking how I started out, and I'm really liking this game.

Go out there and give mermaids their homes!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, well. If Greece had to wait a few hundred years to get free last time, it and Archie can wait a little longer. And waiting in the employ of the last guys to score on the Ottomans doesn't sound so bad.

Ah, well. If Greece had to wait a few hundred years to get free last time, it and Archie can wait a little longer. And waiting in the employ of the last guys to score on the Ottomans doesn't sound so bad.

I might be an idiot, but who's Archie?

I might be an idiot, but who's Archie?

Like you, he also made a post with a made-up general, so I used that name in-game instead of his username. It's the one named Archibald Medes.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Archimedes? Anybody? Can I get a "muh circles" up in here? Syracuse investment, Military-Industrial Complex, etc?

Edited by Rehab

[spoiler=Chapter VIII - The Road to War (Jan. 2, 1827 - Jan. 3, 1829)]

For some reason, every time I load my save file my income drops like a rock on a lake and then slowly rises back to normal. It always causes a little trouble when my money is low since then I end up with debts, but at least I can quickly pay them back when the money income stabilizes.

Anyway, to my very surprise, Greece appeared again and the Ottomans immediately declared an annexation war to them. Perhaps this is the start of that event I mentioned way back. Too bad that since Greece had stopped existing, my influence with them is back to Neutral, so trying to reach Friendly status is out of the question. On the other hand, relations with them are still in the max 200, so perhaps they’ll ask for an alliance and then call for my help. My truce with the Ottomans is still there, so who knows if it can work that way. We’ll see.

9-1.png

I’ve never understood why Portugal never does like, anything, to prevent this. They send ships to cause a naval blockade, but never send troops to Brazil itself. So the Annexation war goal times out and the war score slowly ticks to Brazil’s favor and so they can declare White Peace. Brazil on the other hand sometimes sends troops even as far as Portugal’s holdings in freaking India! I’ll never understand AI!Portugal…

In any case, I’ve found my next investment target: Portugal.

· Douro (Wool, Fruit, Silk): Wool Mill (Wool) (Produces Fabric), Regular Clothes Factory (Fabric and Dye), Luxury Clothes Factory (Silk and Regular Clothes), Clipper Shipyard (Fabric and Lumber), Fruit Cannery (Fruit), and Sugar Refinery (Fruit).

· Estremadura (Fish, Grain, Copper): Bronze Factory (Copper and Lead), Early Small Arms Factory (Bronze), Bronze Artillery Factory (Gunpowder and Bronze), Bakery (Grain), Fish Cannery, and Shoe Factory (Bronze and Cattle).

· Alentejo (Wool, Iron, Fish): Steel Factory (Coal, Iron), Fish Cannery, and Stables (Iron, Fruit, and Grain).

· Portuguese Macaronesia (Fruit, Fish): Fruit Cannery, Sugar Refinery, and Fish Cannery.

9-2.png

Huh, even Egypt is declaring war on Greece? Poor Greece can’t catch a break.

9-3.png

For this type of events, I always chose to not go with it. If I do, it does give a nice bonus to RGO production for a few years, but afterwards I can end up with a different event where the over exploitation has exhausted the place, get a temporal RGO production penalty, and even change the resource of the region to something else. So no, long-term it’s bad, I’ll not go through with it.

9-4.png

Looks like the Netherlands used up their remaining influence points in Krakow to do this. Well, no big deal, as no other country other than us is increasing theirs.

9-5.png

And there we go, the Greek event. The three options have various effects. The first we side with the Ottomans, our relations with them increase while they lower with Greece. The middle one is discreet support to the Greeks, and the results is the inverse, increase relations with Greece while they lower with the Ottomans. The bottom option, which I’ll be taking, is to openly support Greece. Relations and influence increase a lot, auto-alliance, we give some money to them, and with the Ottomans our relations and influence drop dramatically.

Looking at it, this may not be the event I was thinking of, but something else that is similar. Hmm…

Well, for the time being, the good news is that we’re now in Friendly status with Greece. The bad news, because of the truce we can’t interfere. Dammit!

Well, in other news, I’ve begun the conquest Casus Belli fabrication against Krakow. The penalty is big, 22 infamy when full. Take note, 25 is the limit before Great Powers start wars of contention against you. 35 is the limit before you become an International Pariah, and all Great Powers can declare war on you at the same time. As in, one single war where they all are on the same side. Yeah, I’m going to avoid that.

9-6.png

Bummer, Greece got re-annexed again. Hopefully the event I am thinking of has yet to happen, so that when it does happen, we can finally grant Greece respite from the Ottomans. And hopefully that the blunder of not being able to help the Greeks won’t be like, killing the chances for that event to happen. Hopefully.

9-7.png

Sometimes one gets notifications to change goods production in the regions. Sometimes you may want to switch, sometimes you may not. In this case, the province that the region in question is produces Wool. The province has another region that produces Wool. Meanwhile, none in the province produce Fruit. So I decide that it’s a good idea to switch, and so I do.

9-8.png

And technology researched. For the next one I chose it’s mainly for more Colonial Points. True, an increase in navy supply consumption is bad, but well, my navy is not that big yet to be a problem.

9-9.png

And since I now have the 116 needed Colonial Points, I can do this, bringing my current CP’s back to 122, as they’re no longer being used in the colony. Notice the Free State thing. For countries where slavery is not outlawed, creating a state gives you the option to have it be a Free or Slave State. You can tell this mechanic is mainly for the American Civil War, but every country has the option as it’s not locked to the US. But, since Austria has slavery outlawed since the start, I don’t have to deal with that.

Unfortunately my other colony still needs more Colony Points than what even my max is, so they’ll stay as a colony for quite some time.

9-10.png

Well… that happened… yeah. Now, I know it says we gained an Add to Sphere CB, but since the UK is still a Great Power, we actually gain neither that nor the influence gain, just the relations drop. Bizarre…

9-11.png

Alliance with Egypt. At least I can get them under my sphere with no imminent problem.

Well, now to look into the New World to expand my foreign investments. Starting with Colombia:

· Antioquía (Coffee, Sugar, Coal): Cement Factory (Coal), Glass Factory (Coal, Lead), Rum Distillery (Glass, Sugar), Gunpowder Factory (Coal, Sulphur), Explosives Factory (Gunpowder), Ammunitions Factory (Gunpowder, Lead), and Bronze Artillery Factory (Gunpowder, Bronze).

· Cuandinamarca (Copper, Cattle): Bronze Factory (Copper and Lead), Early Small Arms Factory (Bronze), Bronze Artillery Factory (Gunpowder and Bronze), Canned Food Factory (Cattle), and Shoe Factory (Bronze and Cattle).

9-12.png

For this, I’ll favor the Artisans. As you see from the consequences, it’s the same to the artisans if I had chosen the capitalists. Top options is an increase of only 1 instead of 2, but applies to both groups. I chose the Artisans since in all of Bosnia there are only 29 Capitalists, heh. The amount of artisans is much higher so… yeah, not going to anger them, haha.

9-13.png

Nice, more Crop Rotation.

9-14.png

Well, not as bad as it could’ve been. Now to wait until it’s finished. Also, I gain Crop Rotation in Slovakia and Bohemia as well.

9-15.png

1828 Upper House. Also, the CB is ready.

9-16.png

This will be quick.

January 15 – War is declared and Blah2127 departs from Vienna.

January 18 – The Krakowian 1st Army enters Tarnow and begins to occupy it.

9-17.png

One step closer to be in my sphere.

February 8 – The Krakowian 1st Army stops the occupation and retreats to Krakow.

February 13 – Blah2127 engages the Krakowian 1st Army in Krakow.

9-18.png

February 15 – The Krakowian 1st Army gets wiped out and Blah2127 begins the occupation.

March 22 – Blah2127 finished the occupation of Krakow.

March 22 – Austria sends a peace offer which Krakow accepts.

9-19.png

And that’s it, Krakow annexed. Now the influence focus I had with them will now go to Sardinia-Piedmont. Might as well since I have most of the Italian nation-states in my sphere. Although France is also influencing S-P. Also, I saw Prussia broke our alliance because of being at war. I’ll have to re-make the alliance again so no other Great Power will get them first. Lucca also re-offers an alliance since they broke it during the war as well.

Mid-May the truce with Tripoli is over, so now time to make the Establish Protectorate CB to conquer them. They’re allied with Algeria… which I think I’ll also fabricate the Demand Concession CB to gobble them up as well, and hopefully beat the French to it. If not to all of Algeria, at least to not give them an opening to colonize the Sahara.

Next in the New World investment: Bolivia.

· Atacama (Iron, Wool, Dye): Wool Mill (Wool) (Produces Fabric), Regular Clothes Factory (Fabric and Dye), Luxury Clothes Factory (Silk and Regular Clothes), and Steel Factory (Coal and Iron).

9-20.png

Another switching option. It’s Timber to Sulphur in a province that’s 3 out of 4 of timber production so… yeah, I can afford the switch.

9-21.png

The not caring option gives a bigger militancy increase and instead of consciousness, it increases separatism. Besides, the POP’s with Austria’s dominant religion (Catholic) are still the minority in the colony. So yeah, going with bottom option.

9-22.png

Next technology is the last Tier I that’s still not researched, and the last I’ll do before entering 1830 which unlocks more technologies.

9-23.png

Offered an alliance to S-P, which they accept. And now to build factories in Argentina:

· Argentinian Chaco (Timber): Lumber Mill (Timber), Paper Mill (Timber), Printing Press (Paper), Cigarette Factory (Paper, Tobacco), Furniture Factory (Lumber and Bronze), and Luxury Furniture Factory (Furniture and Tropical Wood).

The CB with Tripoli was made without detection. Great. Now the one in Algeria.

9-24.png

Yeah, I’d rather not anger the people in the colonies over the ones at home. Since Separatists can have representation in the Upper House, and they care nothing for reforms, I’d rather not increase their numbers. Besides, as it says in the icon, it’s affecting a region, not a province, so that’s even less number of people compared to the whole colony.

9-25.png

1829 Upper House. Also, my CB with Algeria is finished without detection.

Alright, things are ready now. Next time, North Africa sees war again!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! The sun never sets, indeed. And actually, the historical reason for the split between Portugal and Brazil was because neither of the Portuguese Royal children could inherit both. Pedro I of Brazil couldn't inherit Portugal because you had to be born there to rule there (he was born in exile at the hands of Napoleon) and Maria II couldn't rule Brazil because they were opposed to a woman ruling. In any case, let the Franz Josephian age begin!

From what I remember of reading the mod's thread, the Bankruptcy is an unintended side-effect of the way colony management was done. Colonies need money for their management (I think this is also in vanilla game, but the mod changes stuff regarding it), so it becomes of no surprise that the victims of this usually are the UK (who has colonies all across the world), and Russia (since the mod made most of their lands east of the Urals into colonies). It doesn't always happen, though.

Oh yes, I'm aware of that regarding the Portugal-Brazil split. The mod gives the chance for the union to survive, but you're not going to see it from the AI. Really, every single game of this mod I've played, Portugal just sits there twidling it's thumbs. So I guess it'll only happen if Portugal has a human player.

The only time I saw it last, was when Brazil was released as a Dominion of Portugal-Brazil. So by a technicality, Portugal was still referred to as Portugal-Brazil even though Brazil existed, although as a satellite. Until finally rebels rose in Brazil in the late 1840's, took Rio, and Brazil stopped being a satelite. Which then triggered the same "The End of..." notification and Portugal-Brazil became regular old Portugal.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

From what I remember of reading the mod's thread, the Bankruptcy is an unintended side-effect of the way colony management was done. Colonies need money for their management (I think this is also in vanilla game, but the mod changes stuff regarding it), so it becomes of no surprise that the victims of this usually are the UK (who has colonies all across the world), and Russia (since the mod made most of their lands east of the Urals into colonies). It doesn't always happen, though.

Oh yes, I'm aware of that regarding the Portugal-Brazil split. The mod gives the chance for the union to survive, but you're not going to see it from the AI. Really, every single game of this mod I've played, Portugal just sits there twidling it's thumbs. So I guess it'll only happen if Portugal has a human player.

The only time I saw it last, was when Brazil was released as a Dominion of Portugal-Brazil. So by a technicality, Portugal was still referred to as Portugal-Brazil even though Brazil existed, although as a satellite. Until finally rebels rose in Brazil in the late 1840's, took Rio, and Brazil stopped being a satelite. Which then triggered the same "The End of..." notification and Portugal-Brazil became regular old Portugal.

Ah. Okay then. To be fair, with Pedro in the picture it was never realistic for the union to survive.

[spoiler=Chapter IX - The Austrian Mediterranean (Jan. 4, 1829 - May 14, 1830)]

While the war happens, I’ll continue building factories in Argentina:

· Entre Rios (Cattle, Fruit): Canned Food Factory (Cattle), Shoe Factory (Bronze, Cattle), Fruit Cannery (Fruit), Sugar Refinery (Fruit), Winery (Glass and Fruit), and Rum Distillery (Glass and Sugar).

· Santa Fe (Cattle, Fruit, Grain): Bakery (Grain), Liquor Distillery (Glass and Grain), and Stables (Iron, Fruit, and Grain).

So that I can avoid my allies breaking their alliances, I’ll call them to help in the war, even if it won’t be needed.

As expected, Algeria joined to help Tripoli, and assumed war leader for their side. Of my allies, all but Egypt and Sardinia-Piedmont agreed to help. Well, my main concern was Prussia staying allied, so it’s fine. I can always re-make the alliances once war is over.

10-1.png

January 3 – War is declared and Excellen departs from Misratah.

January 3 – The 3rd Army boards the 2nd Fleet and departs from Split.

Time to have a generic general shine.

January 17 – Excellen engages the Tripolitania 1st Army in the capital of Tripoli.

10-2.png

January 18 – The Tripolitania 1st Army gets wiped and occupation of the capital begins.

January 20 – The Modena 1st Fleet and Tuscany 2nd Fleet engage the Algerian 1st Fleet in the Western Mediterranean.

February 4 – The Esercito di Lucca disembark in Tripoli to help with the occupation.

February 6 – The Algerian 1st Fleet gets wiped out in the Western Mediterranean.

February 12 – The Esercito Toscano disembark in Tripoli to help with the occupation.

February 16 – The Austrian-Italian regiment finished occupying Tripoli.

February 20 – The 2nd Fleet reaches the Barbary Coast.

10-3.png

Because I only have 5 Clippers, I can only ferry 15,000 soldiers at a time. Algeria has 33,000 soldiers, so no, I’m not going to risk disembarking right now. I’ll wait for Excellen to finish in Tripoli before heading over and take care of those guys.

February 25 – The Austrian-Italian regiment enter and begin occupying Gharyan.

March 18 – The Austrian-Italian regiment finish occupying Gharyan.

In the meantime, got Crop Rotation notification in Austrian Moldavia.

March 31 - The Austrian-Italian regiment enter and begin occupying Ghadamis.

10-4.png

Seems Spain’s remaining holdings in the Americas is weakening, huh. Also, got a Crop Rotation notice for Northern Transylvania.

April 22 - The Austrian-Italian regiment finish occupying Ghadamis.

Tripoli is completely occupied now. I can now end the war, but…

10-5.png

April 22 – Austria demands North Central Sahara from Algeria.

I have to add this before making a peace offer. Why? Well…

10-6.png

April 27 – Austria sends a Peace Offer to Tripoli and they accept our demands.

You see, when fighting against more than one country in a war you can make peace offers with individual countries, as long they are not in a sphere or they are a puppet. Algeria is the war leader of them and Tripoli, but right now Tripoli is accepting being annexed without Algeria being included in the negotiations. So when I accept, Tripoli gets annexed since that was the war goal, but we are still at war with Algeria, since Tripoli wasn’t the war leader. Algeria now gains a Free People war goal. Free People is basically when you force a country that own a province to give it to a country that has cores there.

Now this is something that hasn’t been relevant until now: country cores. Regions have country cores. Cores are essentially that the country of said core has international recognition to own said land. This means that you don’t need to fabricate a CB to take the land if you have cores in it, since the claim is already recognized, so no prestige loss or infamy gain either.

Cores can be created, or even removed, through events and decisions. This mod also adds some extra events for core addition/removal, but I’ll show them if they happen. As a note, right now, Austria has cores in what is modern-day Austria, Slovenia, and Chez Republic. Yeah, most of my land is not cored to me.

Anyway, back with Algeria, their Free People CB is to liberate Tripolitania for Tripoli. This means they have to occupy Tripolitania to force me to release Tripoli there. Just that one province. For a whole country that’s the Free Country war goal.

Anyway, back to the war… for some reason Algeria’s war goal disappeared. Huh. Beats me.

May 7 – Algeria sends a peace offer where they accept our demands. Austria refuses.

Algeria knows the futility of future fighting, but I’m still not ending this. Why?

10-7.png

May 7 – Austria demands Oran from Algeria.

Sure, I get full infamy penalty, but I’d say it’s worth it.

June 11 – Excellen enters and begins occupying Tuggurt.

Hopefully this will distract the big Algerian army.

10-8.png

Finally, we can start to build railroads! Well, Level 1 railroads. Some region terrains have a penalty to the max railroad level you can build, but this mod increases the max level. From 6 in vanilla game to… I think its 8 or 7. Either way, it’s higher. I’ll put building factories on hold to build all the railroad roads I can for now.

July 9 – The Prussian 1st Fleet establishes a blockade from the Barbary Coast.

July 13 – Excellen finished occupying Tuggurt.

10-9.png

And research done. For the rest of 1829 I’ll stack RP’s for 1830’s technologies. Also got Crop Rotation for Galicia.

10-10.png

It worked, the Algerians are moving to Excellen’s position, so I’ll disembark the 3rd Army, then have the transports head back to Split pronto to pick up the 2nd Army, which are the remaining 15,000 soldiers that I split into the two regiments to ferry them.

August 28 – The 3rd Army disembarks in Mustaghanim and begins to occupy it as the 2nd Fleet departs back to Split.

10-11.png

Ah, the Temperance League. I’ll chose it. The other option gives Libertine Culture where the modifiers are the same, except negative instead of positive and vice versa. As such, I prefer the small constant militancy rise over RGO production loss and the low but cumulative prestige loss, especially since this will be for the rest of the game.

10-12.png

Oh yeah, Sardinia-Piedmont is now a Great Power. As such, I can no longer influence them, so I’ll just focus on Egypt for now, since now that an Italian nation is a GP, the Italian unification events are probably going to start up.

November 21 – Excellen intercepts the Algerian 2nd Army in the capital of Algiers.

We actually spent a bit of playing cat-and-mouse because the AI apparently decided to become smart and start switching up moving, not moving, etc., just to avoid me even if in passing.

In the meantime, I have in construction all the railroads I could build, so now back to factories, in Venezuela now.

· Bolívar (Wool, Fruit, and Coffee): Wool Mill (Wool) (Produces Fabric), Regular Clothes Factory (Fabric and Dye), Luxury Clothes Factory (Silk and Regular Clothes), Clipper Shipyard (Fabric and Lumber), Fruit Cannery (Fruit), Sugar Refinery (Fruit), Winery (Glass and Fruit), and Rum Distillery (Glass and Sugar).

· Miranda (Cattle, Coffee, Fruit): Fruit Cannery (Fruit), Sugar Refinery (Fruit), Winery (Glass and Fruit), Rum Distillery (Glass and Sugar), Canned Food Factory (Cattle), and Shoe Factory (Bronze and Cattle).

10-13.png

December 2 – The Algerian organization falls apart and stage a retreat from Algiers which begins to get occupied.

Yeah, even though more of our soldiers got killed, we still won. I’m not giving chase, so I’ll just take Algiers for the war score it gives for being the capital.

December 4 – The 3rd Army finished occupying Mustaghanim.

In the meantime, Republican Guards rose in Tuscany. This could be bad right now when Tuscany is helping me in the war. I’ll send Blah2127 and ENS to deal with the rebels.

December 31 – The Esercito di Lucca disembark in Bône and begin to occupy it.

10-14.png

1830 Upper House. Also, even better bonuses in military leadership. It doesn’t stack with the previous one, I just thought unnecessary to show that it was being removed for this one.

10-15.png

And first technology to research. Big colonial point gain and education efficiency increase. I want this.

January 2 – The 3rd Army intercept the Algerian 1st Army in Mascara.

January 13 – The Esercito di Modena and Esercito Toscano disembark in Bougie and start to occupy it.

10-16.png

January 16 – The Austrian organization falls apart and stages a retreat from Mascara.

Aw damn, the dice rolling wasn’t in my favor.

10-17.png

Hm, Conservative ideology prospers in Bohemia.

January 20 – The 2nd Army disembarks in Mustaghanim.

January 22 – The Algerian 2nd Army enters and begins to liberate Tuggurt.

January 30 – Excellen has finished occupying Algiers.

January 30 – The 2nd Army engage the Algerian 1st Army in Mascara.

Capital falls, war score rises.

January 31 – Algeria sends a peace offer where they accept our demands.

10-18.png

February 5 – The Algerian 1st Army gets wiped out in Mascara.

Thought I could gain a bit more prestige with one more victory… but it was barely a gain.

February 5 – Austria accepts the peace offer.

10-19.png

And it’s done, we gained lots of land in North Africa.

10-20.png

Still not connected, but it’s there. Soon Tunis, soon.

So, time to put aside factory building again to deal with our new colonies. Build forts, railroads, ports, and put National Focus to bring Bureaucrats. I’ll merge my two 15,000 regiments into one and station them in Oran as Excellen returns to Tripoli. Also, time to make another CB with the Ottomans.

10-21.png

These guys are left in good hands. Also, Excellen’s regiment I added “von Tripoli” to its name. You know, to distinguish them.

Also, after this war, my score has overtaken France’s, which puts me in 2nd overall place, just under the United Kingdom. Nice. Although France may overtake me, so looks like our positions will fluctuate for a while until one widens the gap.

10-22.png

Ah, the Carlist events have begun. Also, my Excellent Military Organization went back to Good MO. I guess it only happened because of the wat. Also, I just noticed that with the war over, I no longer have MA to reach Tuscany. Bummer, the rebels have won then.

10-23.png

Ah, a very nice event. The other option instead of giving us prestige, it removes from the other Great Powers. However, since it’s just 1 loss to each of them compared to a 5.25 gain for us, I prefer the first option.

10-24.png

Oh hey, didn’t took much to make front page.

Going back to foreign investment, now it’s time for Cuba. Yes, Cuba. Spain has been doing that badly, both Cuba and Puerto Rico are now independent, effectively ending the last Spanish holdings in the Americas. Also, in addition to factories, we can also build railroads in other countries. So in addition to the factories, I’ll also build railroads in Cuba.

· Cuba (Tobacco, Sugar): Cigarette Factory (Paper and Tobacco), and Rum Distillery (Glass and Sugar). Level 1 Railroads in Havana, Jagua, and Camagüey.

Got a notification for Ghat in Fezzan to switch to Coal. Ghat produces Wool, which another region in Austrian Fezzan does as well. So Coal it is.

Lastly, Tuscany’s government was finally toppled, changing from Absolute Monarchy to HM’s Government. Well, it'd be more accurate to say the rebels forced the monarch to hold less power overall. As with Krakow, I chose to let them be.

10-25.png

Oh, they’ve allied with a Great Power. Normally, this would be cause of worry. On the other hand… it’s the Netherlands. Prussia can deal with it easily.

Well, the second campaign in North Africa was more fruitful than the last. We gained a bigger foothold, and stopped France from potentially expanding into Africa through Algeria. Until next time.

It's unfortunate the Netherlands never ends up as the power it was in any Paradox game.

On the contrary, I've seen them stay united and be one of the Great Powers. I wish it happened like that in real life; if it weren't for the Belgians 15000000 Congolese wouldn't have died.

On the contrary to your contrary, I usually see Great Britain taking a great interest in supporting Belgian independence, the Dutch fleet getting sunk and then Belgium liberated. The silly thing is the Netherlands has it even worse in EU4; It either has to fight off Super Austria, or France. And if it even survives that, it will never hold more than two provinces for the rest of the game.

[spoiler=Chapter X - The German Storm (May 15, 1830 - Jul. 26, 1831)]

In preparation of my incoming war with the Ottomans, I’m moving my forces to the borders. I’m planning a very ambitious operation, which will leave my Infamy quite high for a while, but all in all, I’d say it will be worth it if I succeed. In addition, I’ll offer an alliance to Egypt again, and hopefully they’ll help out this time.

11-1.png

Now this is somewhat more believable. I’m not going to use the Add to Sphere CB, as it would take too long to send troops over there, let alone ending the war. So no.

In the meantime, more investment in the Caribbean.

· Haitian Hispaniola (Tobacco): Cigarette Factory (Paper and Tobacco). Level 1 railroad in Port Au Prince.

· Dominican Hispaniola (Tobacco): Cigarette Factory (Paper and Tobacco). Level 1 railroad in Santo Domingo.

· Puerto Rican West Indies (Sugar): Rum Distillery (Glass and Sugar).

Might as well group them together, as the countries are not that big (as you can tell, they don’t even own a full province due to the way the map in Victoria II is divided) nor resource varied. I know I can build other factories there without the production bonuses, but well, might as well save the money for other more resource-varied places. If I need to, I’ll come back to build more factories.

Also, Crop Rotation gained in Great Plain and Vojvodina.

And now I found my next big investment project: Brazil.

· Santa Catarina (Tropical Wood, Fruit, and Cattle): Canned Food Factory (Cattle), Shoe Factory (Bronze and Cattle), Fruit Cannery (Fruit), Sugar Refinery (Fruit), Winery (Glass and Fruit), and Rum Distillery (Glass and Sugar).

· Paraná (Coffee and Fruit): Fruit Cannery (Fruit), Sugar Refinery (Fruit), Winery (Glass and Fruit), and Rum Distillery (Glass and Sugar).

· São Paulo (Coffee and Cattle): Canned Food Factory (Cattle), and Shoe Factory (Bronze and Cattle). Level 1 Railroad in Sorocaba, Iguape, São Paulo, and Campos.

11-2.png

Research done and next technology in order. Prestige gains and mostly since this is the only other Culture tech I can research, which as you remember, I have a bonus in their research due to the Administration. Also gained Crop Rotation for Austrian Upper Silesia and Krain-Untersteiermark, and an Intensive Farming option for Great Plain, which I won’t take like before.

11-3.png

Yeah, this can happen. And the opposite as well where CB acquisition speed increases. But since I am already at 98% and still undetected, it’s just a minor setback. Since the CB is done just 4 days later than usual.

In hindsight, I should’ve chosen a different CB type, but well, I’ll have to use this one instead. To war!

November 26 – War is declared and all forces mobilize to their targets.

November 27 – Allied responses arrive and all express their agreement to join.

Good Egypt, it changed its mind from last time.

11-4.png

Yep, I’m after Southern Serbia now. Too bad the Netherlands might complicate things.

November 29 – Phuclun3 enganges the Serbian 1st Army in the Serbian capital of Belgrade.

11-5.png

December 1 – The Serbian 1st Army gets wiped out and Phuclun3 begins occupying Belgrade.

11-6.png

Oh good, the Ottomans will be distracted with Kurdistan. Also, that news about the Dutch comes off in a hilariously bad timing.

December 3 – The Prussian 5th Army enters and begins occupying Luxembourg.

December 4 – ENS enters and begins occupying Niksic.

December 4 – Blah2127 enters and begins occupying Novi Pazar.

December 4 – The Koninklijk Nederlands Indisch Leger enters and begins occupying Cleves.

No, I have no idea why these guys are in Europe instead of the Dutch East Indies… or maybe they just named the regiment the same or the K.N.I.L. means something else. Who knows?

December 7 – Blaze the Great establishes a blockade in the Straits of Otranto.

Finally Blaze gets some use.

December 8 – Excellen enters and begins occupying Gabes.

December 8 – The Armata Principatul Moldovei enter and begins occupying Suceava.

December 9 – The Dutch 4th Army enter and begin occupying Eupen.

December 13 – The Dutch 1e Divisie enters and begins occupying Münster.

December 14 – The Afrika Korps von Algerien enters and begins occupying Tozeur.

December 15 – The 11th Army enganges the Armata Principatul Moldovei in Suceava.

December 17 – The Wallachian 1st Army enters and begins occupying Hermannstadt.

December 17 – Serbian forces rally in Belgrade against the occupation.

11-7.png

December 18 – The Serbian forces in Belgrade get wiped out.

December 18 – The Badische Armee engages the K.N.I.L. in Cleves.

11-8.png

December 19 – The Armata Principatul Moldovei gets wiped out in Suceava.

December 22 – The Ottoman 2nd Army enter and begin occupying Sharm al-Shaykh.

December 24 – The Dutch 7th Army enters and begins occupying Aachen.

December 24 – The Egyptian 2nd Army enter and begins occupying Beersheba.

December 25 – The Ottoman 2nd Fleet engage Blaze the Great in the Straits of Otranto.

11-9.png

Oh boy, our first naval battle.

December 29 – The Baden organization falls apart and stages a retreat from Cleves.

December 31 – The Dutch 1e Divisie finished occupying Münster.

December 31 – Württemberg 1. Division engages the K.N.I.L. in Cleves.

11-10.png

1831 Upper House.

January 1 – The Prussian 2nd and 3rd Armies begin occupying Groningen.

January 2 – The K.N.I.L. get wiped out in Cleves.

January 3 – Phuclun finished occupying Belgrade.

January 3 – ENS finished occupying Niksic.

January 6 – The Ottoman 4th Fleet engages the Egyptian 2nd Fleet in the Gulf of Sirte.

January 8 – Phuclun3 enters and begins occupying Užice.

January 8 – Excellen finished occupying Gabes.

January 8 – The Dutch 8th Army enter and begins occupying Trier.

January 8 – Württemberg 1. Division enters and begins occupying Arnhem.

January 9 – The Dutch 1e Divisie intercept the Königlich Sächsische Armie and Badische Armee in Cleves.

January 9 – ENS enters and begins occupying Ulcinj.

January 9 – The Wallachian 1st Army stops the occupation and retreats from Hermannstadt.

January 10 – The Prussians demand the Dutch Rhineland from the Netherlands.

11-11.png

Well, looks like the Prussians decided to help themselves with something as well. I wish them luck. The interesting thing is that despite being a Great Power and the Ottoman Empire is not, the Netherlands are not the war leader. If we can get them out of the war, this can free Prussia from sending troops to the Balkans.

January 11 – Archibald Medes enters and begins occupying Nafplion.

Yes, I had sent Archie here to the Peloponnese. I’ll add a Free People CB. I would’ve preferred Free Country, but it’s more infamy and would take even longer. This is why I’d rather had done a FP CB than Acquire State. But oh well, hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

January 12 – Blah2127 finished occupying Novi Pazar.

11-12.png

January 13 – The Ottoman fleet stage a retreat from the Straits of Otranto.

Well, no ships sunk on either side, and they simply retreated than wait for their organization drop. After them!

January 14 – The Wallachian 1st Army enter and begin occupying Kronstadt.

January 14 – The Bavarian III. Korps reinforce the German regiment at Cleves.

January 16 – the Afrika Korps von Algerien finished occupying Tozeur.

January 19 – The Bavarian 1st Army enters and begins liberating Münster.

January 19 – The Esercito di Modena and Parmese 1st Army engage the Dutch 7th and 9th Armies in Aachen.

January 19 – The Prussian 5th Army finished occupying Luxembourg.

January 19 – The Ottoman 2nd Army finished occupying Sharm al-Shaykh.

January 19 – The Egyptian 2nd Army finished occupying Beersheba.

January 19 – Blaze the Great catches up with the Ottoman 2nd Fleet in the Gulf of Taranto.

Eventful day, huh.

January 20 – The Dutch organization falls apart and stages a retreat from Cleves.

January 21 – The German regiment enters Arnhem to help with the occupation.

January 21 – The Esercito di Lucca reinforce the Italian regiment in Aachen.

January 21 – The 11th Army engages the Wallachian 1st Army in Kronstadt.

January 22 – The Prussian 5th Army engages the Dutch 8th Army in Trier.

January 22 – Blah2127 enters and begins occupying Niš.

January 23 – The Dutch 8th Army gets wiped out in Trier.

January 24 – The Königlich Sächsische Armie enters and begins occupying Zwolle.

11-13.png

January 26 – The Wallachian 1st Army gets wiped out in Kronstadt.

January 26 – Excellen enters and begins occupying Kairouan.

January 26 – The Ottoman retreats from the Gulf of Sirte.

Seems the battle too long or they no longer wanted to bother fighting Egyptian transports.

January 27 – The Moldavian 1st Army enters and begins occupying Suceava.

January 28 – The Dutch organization falls apart and stages a retreat from Aachen.

January 30 – The Prussian regiment finish occupying Groningen.

January 31 – The Egyptian 2nd Army engage the Ottoman 2nd Army in Sharm al-Shaykh.

February 1 – The Prussian 5th Army enters and begin occupying Arlon.

February 2 – The Prussian 2nd Army enter and begins occupying Assen.

February 3 – Phuclun3 finished occupying Užice.

February 4 – The Afrika Korps von Algerien enter and begin occupying Gafsa.

February 4 – The Prussian 3rd Army enter and begin occupying Leeuwarden.

February 5 – The Dutch 1e Divisie enter and begins occupying Eupen.

February 6 – The Dutch 4th Army enter and begin liberating Luxembourg.

February 7 – The German regiment finished occupying Arnhem.

February 7 – The Dutch 9th Army enters and begins occupying Cleves.

11-14.png

Alright, we have Egypt in our sphere of influence. Now to increase influence with Montenegro.

February 9 – Phuclun3 enters and begins occupying Kragujevat.

February 11 – The Badische Armee engage the Dutch 9th Army in Cleves.

February 13 – ENS finished occupying Ulcinj.

February 13 – The Dutch 9th Army gets wiped out in Cleves.

February 13 – The Moldavian 1st Army stop the occupation and retreat from Suceava.

February 16 – The Ottoman 4th Army gets wiped out Sharm al-Shaykh and the Egyptian 2nd Army begins to liberate it.

February 22 – ENS enters and begins occupying Prizren.

February 24 – The Badische Armee engages the Dutch 4th Army in Luxembourg.

February 25 – Blah2127 finished occupying Niš.

February 25 – Excellen finished occupying Kairouan.

February 27 – Archibald Medes finished occupying Nafplion.

February 27 – The Bavarian III. Korps reinforce the Badische Armee in Luxembourg.

11-15.png

February 27 – Austria demands the Ottomans to release the Greeks in the Ottoman Peloponnese.

Time to add this war goal.

11-16.png

Nice, an invention. About time.

11-17.png

March 2 – The Ottoman fleet retreat from the Gulf of Taranto.

Phew, it had gotten close, but they retreated first. I’m not going to pursue them this time. I’ll let Blaze’s fleet recover first. Also, Egypt granted us Military Access.

March 3 – The Dutch 4th Army gets wiped out in Luxembourg.

March 3 – The Dutch 1e Divisie finish occupying Eupen.

March 3 – Archibald Medes enters and begins occupying Kalamata.

March 3 – The Egyptian 3rd Army enters and begins occupying Aqaba.

March 6 – The Württemberg 1. Division enters and begins occupying Nijmegen.

March 6 – The Afrika Korps von Algerien finish occupying Gafsa.

March 7 – Excellen enters and begins occupying Tunis.

March 8 – The Dutch 1e Divisie engage the Bavarian III. Korps in Luxembourg.

March 9 – Phuclun3 finished occupying Kragujevac.

11-18.png

March 14 – A lone Ottoman frigate is sunk in the Gulf of Taranto.

Yeah, I have no idea why…

March 16 – The Ottoman 2nd Fleet engage with Blaze the Great in the Gulf of Taranto.

Something tells me the Frigate was meant to help them, but since it was faster it arrived first and got wiped out since it was just one ship.

March 17 – The Afrika Korps von Algerien engage the Army of the Bey of Tunis in Bizerte.

March 18 – Phuclun3 enters and begins occupying Bor.

March 18 – The Badische Armee enters and begins to liberate Eupen.

March 18 – The Prussian 5th Army finished occupying Arlon.

March 19 – The Dutch 1e Divisie gets wiped out in Luxembourg.

March 20 – The Prussian 5th Army enters and begins occupying Namur.

11-19.png

March 23 – The Army of the Bey of Tunis gets wiped out in Bizerte which begins to get occupied.

March 24 – The Bavarian-Italian regiment finish liberating Münster.

March 25 – The Wallachian 1st Army enters and begins occupying Hermannstadt.

March 25 – The Egyptian 2nd Army finished liberating Sharm al-Shaykh.

March 26 – The 11th Army enters and begins occupying Botosani.

March 27 – The Ottoman 4th Army enter and begin occupying Tabuk.

March 28 – ENS finished occupying Prizren.

March 30 – The Prussian 1st Army enter and begin occupying Pristina.

April 1 – The Prussian 4th Army enter and begin occupying Shkoder.

Prussian regiments finally made it to the Balkans.

April 2 – The Italian regiment enter Eupen to help with the liberation.

April 4 – Archibald Mede finished occupying Kalamata

April 6 – Excellen finished occupying Tunis.

11-20.png

April 7 – The Ottoman fleet retreats from the Gulf of Taranto.

Well, we finally sunk a ship of theirs. Good thing for Blaze to choke the point and be all YOU SHALL NOT PASS, to stand guard to the only entry to our European coastline.

April 9 – The Ottoman 8th Army intercept ENS in Leskovac.

These guys were playing stop and go apparently since they would start to move then stop while I moved too had Blah2127 move then stop. Finally we got them in a battle.

April 10 – Archibald Medes enters and begins occupying Patras.

April 16 – Blah2127 reinforces ENS in Leskovac.

Not taking my chances.

April 17 – Phuclun3 finished occupying Bor.

All of Serbia occupied.

April 18 – The Ottoman 4th Army finished occupying Tabuk.

April 22 – The Afrika Korps von Algerien finished occupying Bizerte.

And now all of Tunis is occupied as well.

11-21.png

April 24 – The Ottoman organization falls apart and stage a retreat from Leskovac which begins to get occupied.

Well, we made a strong blow against them.

April 27 – Phuclun3 enters and begins occupying Tirgu Jiu.

April 29 – The Prussian 3rd Army finished occupying Leeuwarden.

May 2 – The Prussian 1st Army finished occupying Pristina.

War goal over 75%, now it will start to give us war score.

May 3 – The Prussian 5th Army finished occupying Namur.

May 6 – The German-Italian regiment finished liberating Eupen.

May 6 – The Prussian 5th Army enters and begins occupying Liѐge.

May 9 – The Württemberg 1. Division finished occupying Nijmegen.

May 10 – The German regiment finished occupying Zwolle.

May 11 – The German-Italian regiment enter Liѐge to help with the occupation.

May 12 – The Württemberg 1. Division enters and begins occupying Utrecht.

May 12 – The Egyptian 1st Fleet and Ottoman 2nd Fleet engage in the Gulf of Tobruk.

May 16 – The Esercito di Modena enter Utrecht to help with the occupation.

May 17 – Archibald Medes finished occupying Patras.

Another war goal at 75% or more. Hopefully they’ll soon send a peace offer or accept one I send.

May 19 – The Prussian 4th Army finished occupying Shkoder.

May 20 – The Egyptian 2nd Fleet reinforce the Egyptian 1st Fleet in the Gulf of Tobruk.

May 21 – The Army of Egypt enters and begins occupying Tobruk.

May 24 – The Ottoman 4th Army intercept the Egyptian 3rd Army in Beersheba.

May 24 – The Ottoman 1st Fleet engage Blaze the Great in the Gulf of Taranto.

These guys are back for more.

May 24 – Archibald Medes enters and begins occupying Corinth.

May 28 – The German-Italian regiment finished occupying Liѐge.

May 29 – The Königlich Sächsische Armee enter Assen to help with the occupation.

May 31 – The 11th Army finished occupying Botosani.

May 31 – The Prussian 5th Army enters and begins occupying Verviers.

June 2 – The Badische Armee enter Verviers to help occupy it.

June 3 – The Egyptian fleets stage a retreat from the Gulf of Tobruk.

June 4 – The Egyptian organization falls apart and stage a retreat from Beersheba which begins to be liberated.

June 8 – Phuclun3 finished occupying Tirgu Jiu.

June 8 – The 11th Army enters and begins occupying Iasi.

June 11 – The Prussian 1st Army enters and begins occupying Craiova.

June 12 – The German-Italian regiment finished occupying Utrecht.

June 16 – The Württemberg 1. Division enters and begins occupying Amsterdam.

It begins. Good thing the mod doesn’t give the Dutch a way to replicate their opening of the dykes from back in the 16th century when the Spanish were coming to subjugate them. Then again, in the 19th century, it’d probably do more harm than good than back in the 16th.

June 17 – The German regiment finished occupying Verviers.

11-22.png

June 20 – The Ottoman fleet stages a retreat from the Gulf of Taranto.

As always, these guys don’t learn. And they even came worse than last time with fewer ships and no leader.

June 22 – ENS finished occupying Leskovac.

June 22 – Phuclun3 enters and begins occupying Tirgoviste.

War goal at 100% now.

June 23 – The Prussian 5th Army enters and begins occupying Limburg.

June 23 – The Bavarian-Italian regiment enters Amsterdam to help with the occupation.

June 24 – The Moldavian 1st Army enters and begins liberating Botosani.

June 24 – Archibald Medes finished occupying Corinth.

This war goal at 100% as well.

June 26 – The Prussian 1st Fleet engage the Dutch 2nd Fleet in the Coast of Holland.

June 28 – The Army of Egypt finished occupying Tobruk.

June 29 – Archibald Medes enters and begins occupying Athens.

July 10 – The German-Italian regiment finished occupying Amsterdam.

Hah! Now let’s see if they want to surrender now… and looks like they still won’t. Man…

July 13 – The Army of Egypt enters and begins occupying Darna.

July 14 – The Prussian 1st Army finished occupying Craiova.

July 14 – The Prussian 5th Army finished occupying Limburg.

July 14 – The Ottoman 4th Army finished liberating Beersheba.

July 15 – The Württemberg 1. Division enters and begins occupying Rotterdam.

July 17 – The Prussian 5th Army enters and begins occupying Eindhoven.

July 19 – The Dutch fleet stages a retreat from the Coast of Holland.

July 25 – The Prussian 1st Army enters and begins occupying Bucharest.

July 26 – Phuclun3 finished occupying Tirgoviste.

July 26 – The Ottomans send a peace offer where they accept our demands.

11-23.png

July 26 – Austria accepts the offer.

FINALLY!

11-24.png

I know, I know, the border now looks… irregular. Hopefully soon we’ll have the chance to rectify that. Also, since we liberated Greece, it automatically goes into our sphere of influence. Good.

It was a hard and long road, but we saw it through to the end. Let this be another passage in history of the tenacity and perseverance of the German people and their allies.

On the contrary to your contrary, I usually see Great Britain taking a great interest in supporting Belgian independence, the Dutch fleet getting sunk and then Belgium liberated. The silly thing is the Netherlands has it even worse in EU4; It either has to fight off Super Austria, or France. And if it even survives that, it will never hold more than two provinces for the rest of the game.

I saw it happen twice, which is more than in IRL. Also SUPER AUSTRIA! Champion of truth, justice, and the Hapsburg way! In any case, good job against the Ottomans. Are you going to just let the Prussians form Germany without a fight?

I saw it happen twice, which is more than in IRL. Also SUPER AUSTRIA! Champion of truth, justice, and the Hapsburg way! In any case, good job against the Ottomans. Are you going to just let the Prussians form Germany without a fight?

I plan to, since I don't want to lose them as my ally. And even if we were to go to war and I win, Prussia won't give up in forming Germany, so might as well save myself from long-term problems.

I saw Scotland conquer England twice, which is more than in IRL.

Yeah, okay, whatever, weird stuff happens in Paradox games.

:marblebust_teardrop:

Greek and Germanic peoples = friends 4 life

so far

It appears that even in this universe Germans go out of their way to help Greeks. Hopefully these Greeks won't elect a Communist asshole who makes loud and bombastic demands.

I plan to, since I don't want to lose them as my ally. And even if we were to go to war and I win, Prussia won't give up in forming Germany, so might as well save myself from long-term problems.

Yeah, that makes sense.

[spoiler=Chapter XI - The Russians are Coming (Jul. 27, 1831 - Jun. 17, 1832)]

Well, standard procedure for new land acquisition: forts and railroads. It’s not coastal land so no ports, and since I can’t directly build local factories, those are out either. But since I can in foreign countries, and it seems the ones I build in Greece are gone, most likely the Ottomans closed them down, I’ll have to rebuild them again.

· Greek Peloponnese (Dye, Wool, and Fish): Wool Mill (Wool) (Produces Fabric), Regular Clothes Factory (Fabric and Dye), Luxury Clothes Factory (Silk and Regular Clothes), Clipper Shipyard (Fabric and Lumber), and Fish Cannery (Fish). Level 1 Railroads in Corinth and Patras.

12-1.png

This invention may look like it’s not giving a bonus, but that’s because this is something the mod adds, which is the option to change stuff like National Value or Administration. It’s in the Decisions tab of the Political section. Right now I don’t remember what category Paternalism falls into, and I don’t have a way to change that sort of stuff at the moment. When I can, I’ll go more into it.

12-2.png

Rejoice, we have overtaken the UK for 1st place! Notice the UK’s low prestige. The mod adds an event when bankruptcy happen which adds some modifiers, which among other stuff, come with prestige penalties. Because of this the UK is actually the Great Power with lowest prestige, and the only reason it still held 1st place until now was because of its industry score, which is still the highest.

The UK may drop down further since it’s currently in a losing war against Burma. If Burma manages to force them to surrender, it will be quite the big prestige hit, since Burma is an Uncivilized Nation, so a Great Power losing to an uncivilized one is a matter of laughingstock for the mindset of the day.

12-3.png

Greece grants us military access, and even an alliance. Good.

12-4.png

Another invention that boosts education efficiency. Got to think of the children and brainwash them to our bidding and all that stuff.

12-5.png

This is my next target to add to my sphere. And with Greece investment done, again, time to focus back on Brazil.

· Rio de Janeiro (Coffee): Level 1 Railroads in Rio de Janeiro.

· Minas Gerais (Tropical Wood, Coffee and Cattle): Canned Food Factory (Cattle) and Shoe Factory (Bronze and Cattle).

· Bahia (Cattle, Tobacco, and Coffee): Canned Food Factory, Shoe Factory, and Cigarette Factory (Bronze and Tobacco).

· Pernambuco (Sugar and Tobacco): Cigarette Factory and Rum Distillery (Glass and Sugar). Level 1 Railroad in Natal, Paraiba, Recife, Maceió.

· Maranhão (Coffee, Sugar, and Tobacco): Cigarette Factory and Rum Distillery.

12-6.png

Like Crop Rotation, but for mine resources. Unlike CR’s 15%, this is a 50% increase, so it’s quite good to get it. Although of course, only if the province has goods that can benefit.

Also, because the UK is finally turning the tide against Burma, they’ve gained enough prestige to retake 1st place. Oh well, it was good being at the top if only for a little while. Although… that shows we can overtake them again, heh.

12-7.png

Alright, technology researched and next in line. New technologies don’t unlock until 1840, and for the decisions I want to enact, the ones needed are in chains whose next technologies in the tree don’t unlock until 1850. As such, I can afford some leniency over what I’d want to research. As such, I want to strengthen my forts.

12-8.png

I’d rather take the prestige loss than higher militancy gain and separatism gain. Checking militancy in the colony, it is quite high at the moment, so I’d rather not increase it further.

12-9.png

Oh, we got a new First Minister. Whether his modifiers are overall good or bad… I can’t really say at the moment.

12-10.png

1832 Upper House and a new invention. Good thing for all those education efficiency increases, eh.

Next in the investment list: Mexico.

· Costa Rica (Coffee and Fish): Fish Cannery (Fish). Level 1 Railroad in Liberia.

· Nicaragua (Coffee, Cattle, and Fruit): Canned Food Factory (Cattle), Shoe Factory (Bronze and Cattle), Fruit Cannery (Fruit), Sugar Refinery (Fruit), Winery (Glass and Fruit), and Rum Distillery (Glass and Sugar). Level 1 Railroad in Managua, Rivas, and León.

· Honduras (Tobacco, Sugar, and Tropical Wood): Cigarette Factory (Paper and Tobacco) and Rum Distillery. Level 1 Railroad in Comayagua.

· Michoacán (Wool, Grain, and Cattle): Wool Mill (Wool) (Produces Fabric), Regular Clothes Factory (Fabric and Dye), Luxury Clothes Factory (Silk and Regular Clothes), Clipper Shipyard (Fabric and Lumber), Bakery (Grain), Canned Food Factory, and Shoe Factory. Level 1 Railroad in Toluca.

12-11.png

Penal Colonies huh. I’ll admit, it was a hard choice. Refusing is a set 0.5 militancy decrease in all of the country. Accepting, as you see, give a low but constant prestige gain and militancy decrease in non-colonial provinces while it increases consciousness at a low but constant rate as well to non-colonies. And it lasts for the rest of the game. In my opinion, the benefits win out long-term over the penalties, so I say let there be penal colonies!

12-12.png

The region produces wool, and unlike previous cases, this province doesn’t have another region that produces wool. Since I have various other regions producing wool, I’ll switch the production.

12-13.png

Well, at least here the militancy dropped somewhat.

12-14.png

Another invention. The only bad thing is that this one by being active lowers the activation %’s of two other inventions. It’s a trait shared by all three. Oh well. Also, we’ve overtaken the UK for 1st spot again.

12-15.png

Woah, birth rate is through the roof! Yeah, it comes with education efficiency penalty, a big one. We’ll manage.

12-16.png

Oh, oh, oh, the Polish event has fired. It’s similar to the Greek one, and one I’ll also take the open support option. After the Ottomans, Russia could be our next main threat if we can keep Prussia as an ally. So as such, we openly support the Poles! And then there’s the pragmatic reason… *cough*backstabthePolesandannexthem*cough* Say, is there dirt floating around here…?

The option puts me in auto-Friendly relations with Congress Poland. I’ll move my regiments to the Russian border in case I do decide to interfere in the war.

12-17.png

We can only interfere when war score is 1% in favor of the other side, or there is a Status Quo war goal for the side we can interfere for. The former condition got fulfilled so now I can interfere, which adds the SQ war goal by default. I’ll call my friend Prussia again for this endeavor. Because of lack of hindsight, I didn’t fabricate a CB to gain something out of this war. And due to still present infamy, I won’t be expanding my war goals than simple Status Quo.

June 17 – Austria interferes in the Russian-Polish war on the side of the Poles.

Germans helping the Poles. What has the world gotten into…

Well, I just did something crazy: War with Russia. Thankfully, because of the war goal, I only need to play defensively, and the war score for that is not even that big, at 1. Of course, we need a bigger amount of war score for them to accept, but the amount won’t be big compared to other types of goals anyway.