Who is Avatar's real mother and father?

HeartTranquil

I feel like a lot of people here are forgetting that recessive genes are a thing. My theory is that Kamui is either the half sibling of the Hoshido family, or that the entire family has manakete blood but Kamui is the unlucky fucker who inherited the powers.

Remember the Branded from Tellius? Stefan said that his parents were both beorc, but because some ancestor in his line had had relations with a laguz, the Branded gene is in his family and he was the unfortunate one who inherited it. Maybe that is the same thing as what happened to Kamui and his family. Also, if Kamui really is Branded, it's not unreasonable to assume that he is Ryouma's little brother by blood, since the Branded were said to age normally until a certain point.

I feel like a lot of people here are forgetting that recessive genes are a thing. My theory is that Kamui is either the half sibling of the Hoshido family, or that the entire family has manakete blood but Kamui is the unlucky fucker who inherited the powers.

Remember the Branded from Tellius? Stefan said that his parents were both beorc, but because some ancestor in his line had had relations with a laguz, the Branded gene is in his family and he was the unfortunate one who inherited it. Maybe that is the same thing as what happened to Kamui and his family. Also, if Kamui really is Branded, it's not unreasonable to assume that he is Ryouma's little brother by blood, since the Branded were said to age normally until a certain point.

This

Plus, in fe 13 Nah shows about the same age as the other children despite being an half manakete. This proves that Ryouma coul actually be the kamui's older brother without being centuries old himself(if it's true that Kamui is the only one in the family to have manakete powers).

This

Plus, in fe 13 Nah shows about the same age as the other children despite being an half manakete. This proves that Ryouma coul actually be the kamui's older brother without being centuries old himself(if it's true that Kamui is the only one in the family to have manakete powers).

Well, we aren't really sure how manaketes, half or full, age exactly. I theorise manaketes in general could start aging like humans until they are around 10, then their aging drastically decelerates, with full manaketes aging more slowly. It is true that Ryouma is Kamui's older brother, though, as said in VincentASM's analysis. Edited by DarkGold777

Well, we aren't really sure how manaketes, half or full, age exactly. I theorise manaketes in general could start aging like humans until they are around 10, then their aging drastically decelerates, with full manaketes aging more slowly. It is true that Ryouma is Kamui's older brother, though, as said in VincentASM's analysis.

While I agree with you that full blooded manaketes probably begin aging slower at approximately 10, since a lot of the younger manaketes look like they're 10 or a little younger, I don't quite agree that half-manakete would do the same. Nah isn't the only half-manakete/laguz in this series. We also have Ninian, Nils, Sophia, Soren, Micaiah, and Stefan.

Nils and Nah do look around 10. But Ninian looks significantly older (maybe around 17-18) while Sophia looks like she's 14. We don't actually know how old Nils and Ninian are, except that they were around during the Scouring, so we don't know how much older Ninian is than Nils. Soren is probably around Ike's age and Micaiah is hinted to have been born sometime before the Serenes Massacre. Stefan I'm not going to even try to guess how old he is, but Soren and Micaiah are relatively "young" and they do not look 10.

Conclusion? This series is fucking inconsistent with its own rules sometimes. But I think it's possible that Kamui has manakete blood in him while Ryouma and the Hoshidans are his blood family.

The "new race" thing would be like the Virgil situation, as I stated. Of course I thought of that. And as said before, no other manakete has feathers and chubbiness like Fae, so your logic is contradictory. Plus, the body shape in the first trailer (which is of better quality than in-game models) doesn't even look like a deer's from the side, instead much like Awakening's dragons. Kamui's "horns" actually look like they're surrounding Kamui's eyes like a mask cut at the center, too. Plus, the amount of dragon on Kamui's body (including the scales and neck) overwhelms the "deerish legs". Hell, nothing about Kamui's backstory screams "deer". If his transformed body is truly a "beast form", why not just give him a beaststo- oh, wait, he has a dragonstone.

Call him the opposite if you want, but the overwhelming evidence screams "manakete" more than "other dragon race that acts like manaketes" or "beast race". This just looks like insistent denial, and my theory about aging still stands.

Except it's not insistent denial, it's taking care not to jump to conclusions. I don't really know why Kamui even has a dragonstone, his beast form doesn't look much like a dragon to me. Once again, I just feel that his beast form is even less dragon-like than Fae. So stop complaining already and fucking deal with it.

Edited by Anacybele

If Kamui mother or father is a half dragon and the other a human, Kamui woud be 1/4 dragon and 3/4 human maybe that would explain why he age faster than a full dragon or a half dragon.

Dragon wings, dragon tail, dragon claws, dragon scales...

And the person uses a Dragonstone to turn into one... Nope, couldn't possibly be a dragon.

Maybe a new race called Drogans? Munakoots?

This is a hilarious argument omg

Guys, the dragon's forelegs are backwards, it can't possibly be a real dragon! Everyone knows dragons all fall under the same exact body type. Dragon scientists have confirmed this after extensive peer-reviewed government-sponsored dragon experiments.

Trust me, I'm a dragon expert.

Edited by Twylis

Heck, why a deer body and legs? A bunch of quadruped animals have the same body type and legs (minus hooves) as a deer. Horses, lions, dogs... The common artist interpretations of western quadruped dragons also count with no doubt. But whatever. Believe what you want, like I said. But when I see and think of Kamui and his abilities, I see and think of a manakete using a DRAGONstone to turn into a dragon, and plenty of other people do as well. Again, go ahead and believe what you want. >_>

• 2 weeks later...

This is a hilarious argument omg

Guys, the dragon's forelegs are backwards, it can't possibly be a real dragon! Everyone knows dragons all fall under the same exact body type. Dragon scientists have confirmed this after extensive peer-reviewed government-sponsored dragon experiments.

Trust me, I'm a dragon expert.

Hello yes excuse me is that an AUTHORIZED DRAGON??

For serious though is it really such a big deal? I'm just pumped that we get a transforming main character who we can customize and name. Hell, I CAN MAKE MYSELF THE DEER DRAGON IF I WANT AND THAT'S WHAT'S AWESOME ABOUT IF.

Edited by Cinnamon Bun

Could it be possible that manaketes/half-manaketes/whatever-Kamui-is age slower as they get older in this game? That would sort of make sense and allow Ryouma to be his older brother. The only problem I can see with this is that it makes an excuse for children characters to come back which i'm not too keen about.

Just to add another theory into the "Who's the daddy?" pot: What if all hoshidan royals have dragon's blood and the potential to gain dragon powers, but the abilities only kick in under extremely high levels of distress. If the cutscene with the human arrow quiver truly showed Kamui's father being killed in front of his eyes, and Kamui being abducted I'd say that'd trigger any stress related abilities. Or the fact that Kamui is being forced to choose between her two families could make her snap. That could possibly explain the scene where Kamui chokes Aqua.

If my theory ends up being the case, then it could give IS the ability to handwave any differences between Kamui's biological family. Becoming something that's at the very least manakete like could have changed Kamui in all sorts of ways.

Could it be possible that manaketes/half-manaketes/whatever-Kamui-is age slower as they get older in this game? That would sort of make sense and allow Ryouma to be his older brother. The only problem I can see with this is that it makes an excuse for children characters to come back which i'm not too keen about.

Manakete aging is pretty inconsistent throughout the series and sometimes within single continuities. In Elibe we have adult manaketes and manaketes who appear to have stopped aging as pre-teens. Ninian is noticeably older than Nils despite being almost the same age. The only thing we can say for certain is that manaketes are much more long lived than humans and age very slowly after a certain point.

Just to add another theory into the "Who's the daddy?" pot: What if all hoshidan royals have dragon's blood and the potential to gain dragon powers, but the abilities only kick in under extremely high levels of distress. If the cutscene with the human arrow quiver truly showed Kamui's father being killed in front of his eyes, and Kamui being abducted I'd say that'd trigger any stress related abilities. Or the fact that Kamui is being forced to choose between her two families could make her snap. That could possibly explain the scene where Kamui chokes Aqua.

If my theory ends up being the case, then it could give IS the ability to handwave any differences between Kamui's biological family. Becoming something that's at the very least manakete like could have changed Kamui in all sorts of ways.

I like the idea of the entire royal lineage being manaketes but the fact that only Kamui has pointy ears makes me think that he's either not their full blooded relative or got some recessive genes. If I recall correctly, your idea is similar to the Sharingan activation conditions in Naruto. Not a bad way to go, but it might conflict with another popular theory that Kamui was kidnapped because he was a manakete, not something that developed later after he was kidnapped.

If I recall correctly, your idea is similar to the Sharingan activation conditions in Naruto. Not a bad way to go, but it might conflict with another popular theory that Kamui was kidnapped because he was a manakete, not something that developed later after he was kidnapped.

It's a long shot, but if we count Kamui's manakete nature being some type of trauma activated "superpower" I guess he might have potentially reacted in an "incomplete" fashion when he saw his daddy dearest turned into a pincushion. Not enough to totally hulk out, but enough to give Gauron a clue that this little kid might just be worth snagging up for the future or something.

Maybe IS wanted to create a new race that can use dragonstones? Ever think of that? Also, no other manakete has deer-like horns, deer-like legs, and even a deer-like body. It's basically a deer with a dragon's face, claws, tail, and wings slapped onto it. Look at Kamui in the second trailer, the resemblance to a deer is clearer there.

Listen, I will not call Kamui a manakete unless he/she is outright stated to be one, which he/she has not. Deal with it.

Why does it matter if kamui is or is not a manakete, also it seems like you hate manaketes no matter what without looking at their personality or anything else. It's almost racist.

Why does it matter if kamui is or is not a manakete, also it seems like you hate manaketes no matter what without looking at their personality or anything else. It's almost racist.

We didn't have chicken dragons before FE6 or leafy seadragon... dragons before FE13 either.

You guys might want to lay off Ana. She'll just get angry and defensive if you argue with her.

I like the idea of the entire royal lineage being manaketes but the fact that only Kamui has pointy ears makes me think that he's either not their full blooded relative or got some recessive genes. If I recall correctly, your idea is similar to the Sharingan activation conditions in Naruto. Not a bad way to go, but it might conflict with another popular theory that Kamui was kidnapped because he was a manakete, not something that developed later after he was kidnapped.

I looked at the naruto wiki, and I still don't really know what Sharingan is. Well, towards the end of my post I noted that gaining these dragon abilities could've physically changed Kamui in all sorts of ways. Perhaps Garon killed Kamui's father, watched Kamui spontaneously grow hair dye and pointy ears, and decided upon seeing this to kidnap him.

It's a long shot, but if we count Kamui's manakete nature being some type of trauma activated "superpower" I guess he might have potentially reacted in an "incomplete" fashion when he saw his daddy dearest turned into a pincushion. Not enough to totally hulk out, but enough to give Gauron a clue that this little kid might just be worth snagging up for the future or something.

This theory, I like this theory. It would give Garon a reason to abduct Kamui, and allow for a "complete" transformation complete with Aqua choke later.

And I also agree that this theory is a long shot, but I find this to be an interesting discussion which get my brain moving.

I looked at the naruto wiki, and I still don't really know what Sharingan is. Well, towards the end of my post I noted that gaining these dragon abilities could've physically changed Kamui in all sorts of ways. Perhaps Garon killed Kamui's father, watched Kamui spontaneously grow hair dye and pointy ears, and decided upon seeing this to kidnap him.

This theory, I like this theory. It would give Garon a reason to abduct Kamui, and allow for a "complete" transformation complete with Aqua choke later.

And I also agree that this theory is a long shot, but I find this to be an interesting discussion which get my brain moving.

The author frequently retconed redefined how the ability worked so you could be forgiven for not understanding what the Sharingan is. The gist of it is that it's a genetic superpower (that physically changes the appearances of the eyes) which all members of a clan can theoretically use but only manifests when the person is put under specific mental trauma. I could see Kamui having a partial transformation (maybe lorewise, Kamui's original hair color was closer to his siblings before the change) that alerted Garon to his special status. I'm starting to like this idea a lot actually. It would still be pretty cool to have a nation of manaketes

I cannot believe what I'm reading, the denial is strong. If Kamui isn't a manakete that'd be really interesting, interesting as in silly.

Anyways, His Mother most likely is the manakete if we're going to assume that he is half-manakete and perhaps she's dead or somewhere behind the scenes? I don't think that the Hoshido leader is his mother at all probably just an older sister but I could be wrong. Would be funny if it turns out that our avatar Kamui isn't actually blood related to any of those characters.

The author frequently retconed redefined how the ability worked so you could be forgiven for not understanding what the Sharingan is. The gist of it is that it's a genetic superpower (that physically changes the appearances of the eyes) which all members of a clan can theoretically use but only manifests when the person is put under specific mental trauma. I could see Kamui having a partial transformation (maybe lorewise, Kamui's original hair color was closer to his siblings before the change) that alerted Garon to his special status. I'm starting to like this idea a lot actually. It would still be pretty cool to have a nation of manaketes

You know thinking on it more an improper transformation could explain why Kamui's dragon form is so weird. If he had been able transform completely than she would've looked like your run of the mill dragon except possibly more ornate. However for some reason (most likely being too young) Kamui couldn't transform properly, and now Kamui's dragon form is twisted,stunted, and just all around messed up. Though putting more thought into it with how many people are going to treat Kamui as a self-insert IS might not want to say Kamui is imperfect.

Find me someone who says it wouldn't be cool to have a nation of dragon people.

People speculate the apparent leader of Hoshido to be the the Avatars mother. However that slightly counteracts the theory that arrow man from the nohr cutscene is the avatars father. It made sense with the Avatar from Awakening since his mother was nowhere to be seen, hence being able to have any hair color. Both arrow man and the leader have brown hair. Lobster lord has brown hair so he could be their child but what about the Avatar?

So many things to think about x.x

Then again, Kamui's hair is only white by default, and you can make it any color. So, pretty much no matter what, it won't be 100% logical. Also, anime hair logic.