Possible non-side specific/both sides recruitable characters [with evidence]

squkyshoes

Ok, so we all know about the dancer character being on both sides no matter what your choice/side.

But after looking through the Nintendo directs from both January and April I found two other characters that may also exist independent of what side you choose.

Let's first take a look at what I will call the pink-haired cleric:

UNCtLcg.png?1

In this image, you can obviously tell that this is the Hoshido side. You can even see Sakura behind the cursor!
Now notice the pink-haired girl at the very bottom of the image. Clearly she is a Hoshido ally based on her blue clothes and health bar.

However, take a look at this screenshot:

Lb6ej8b.jpg?1

This is obviously Nohr's campaign based on Camilla's sprite--the dragon rider next to the dancer character--being blue (and not red).

Now look on the very left of the image at the pink-haired cleric. Notice her sprite is also blue, same as Camilla.

What the hell??! What this means is that in this screenshot, the pink-haired cleric is allied with the Nohr side instead of the Hoshido.

In this picture I would also like to point out the leftmost cavalier--the one with the blueish-grey hair. Once again, his sprite color represents his Nohr-side alliance.

However, both he and the pink-haired cleric can be seen on the completely opposite side in this screenshot from the January direct:
Jan_006.jpg

The characters are located to the west and the south of the green-haired sprite, an ally of Hoshido's Kazahana; making them both allies of Hoshido.

WOULD YOU TWO MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ALREADY?!?

However, there is another more interesting problem with the bluish-grey-haired cavalier:

sMu2uZL.jpg?1

In this screenshot we can see that this is the Hoshido campaign from both Sakura being blue and the giant Hoshido caption in the upper corner. Notice the blueish-grey-haired cavalier's sprite being red in this screenshot, an enemy unit.

Since he is the only enemy unit present in this dialogue scene, he must be somewhat important in this particular chapter.

Maybe he is an enemy unit (a Nohr unit) and you are able to talk him over to your side? Can't say for sure.

That's all the evidence I have with these characters present on a certainly-identifiable side.

Now for speculation. I personally think the pink-haired cleric is Felicia, the maid.

vfB9CtF.jpg?1

(Partially cause I'm biased and I really like Felicia), but the pink hair, the bonnet, and the characteristics of her clothes such as the white intricate triangle design on the top of her dress, the white sleeve cuffs, the white apron, and the black thigh-high socks (the later two can be seen better in the Nohr boxart with the blue-haired maid) all point to me of this character being Felicia.

Thoughts?

That cavalier sure is interesting, and I like the theory that you could convince him over to your side.

Actually, while this is a bit of a stretch, do you think he could be the guy in the back on Nohr's boxart?

CBs8xKLVEAAM-Og.jpg

The sprite's hairstyle suggests not but that's the only guy I could think of with current information.

Edited by Sroy

That cavalier sure is interesting, and I like the theory that you could convince him over to your side.

Actually, while this is a bit of a stretch, do you think he could be the guy in the back on Nohr's boxart

Actually i believe that a purple haired Great Knight appears somewhere in the trailer.

As for the main topic, I wouldn't mind some characters switching sides together with you. What I WOULDN'T like is being able to eventually recruit the wole enemy army a la FE 10. It would make all the plot and the choices meaningless.

BTW I agree with the OP that the pink haired cleric is probably Felicia.

Edited by Nik

Actually i believe that a purple haired Great Knight appears somewhere in the trailer.

As for the main topic, I wouldn't mind some characters switching sides together with you. What I WOULDN'T like is being able to eventually recruit the wole enemy army a la FE 10. It would make all the plot and the choices meaningless.

BTW I agree with the OP that the pink haired cleric is probably Felicia.

This one, right?

uUXEKGm.jpg?2

This was the other instance of the pink-haired cleric being in the trailer but I couldn't say which side she was on cause I couldn't tell who the purple-haired great knight(?) was.

Yeah, the pink haired cleric is definitely Felicia. I thought the grey haired cav would be the "butler" guy, too, but I didn't realize that he was a Great Knight in the Dragon's Vein screenshot... A bit weird that we see Felicia but not the blue haired maid on Nohr's side.

At first I thought the same, but the problem with this theory is that if the screenshot from that Nohr chapter isn't actually from the Nohr campaign, but instead one of the first six chapters, it kind of falls apart. Now that does look unlikely considering the number of units you have and the few clues that point to a fairly large map, but then again, the dancer seems to be in her normal outfit instead of the one that is generally thought to be tied to Nohr(that could very well be for a different reason though), and Felicia(if that really is her, although I'm fairly sure that's the case as well) is featured on the Hoshido cover of the game, so being able to use her in the Nohr campaign would be a bit surprising. As for that cavalier, despite being from Nohr, he may actually always switch sides at the beginning of the game and be completely absent from Nohr's campaign.

So I don't know, I still feel like we can't be sure with just that, though I'd love to be proven wrong on this one.

Edit: In any case, this has made me very interested in that cavalier guy, whom has been featured nowhere, and yet seems to defect from Nohr fairly early in the game(considering Kazahana and that thief's stats in that screenshot)for some reason. If he actually did that just to follow Kamui, he must be a pretty important character, like one of his best friends or something.

Edited by Cysx

At first I thought the same, but the problem with this theory is that if the screenshot from that Nohr chapter isn't actually from the Nohr campaign, but instead one of the first six chapters, it kind of falls apart. Now that does look unlikely considering the number of units you have and the few clues that point to a fairly large map, but then again, the dancer seems to be in her normal outfit instead of the one that is generally thought to be tied to Nohr(that could very well be for a different reason though), and Felicia(if that really is her, although I'm fairly sure that's the case as well) is featured on the Hoshido cover of the game, so being able to use her in the Nohr campaign would be a bit surprising. As for that cavalier, despite being from Nohr, he may actually always switch sides at the beginning of the game and be completely absent from Nohr's campaign.

So I don't know, I still feel like we can't be sure with just that, though I'd love to be proven wrong on this one.

Edit: In any case, this has made me very interested in that cavalier guy, whom has been featured nowhere, and yet seems to defect from Nohr fairly early in the game(considering Kazahana and that thief's stats in that screenshot)for some reason. If he actually did that just to follow Kamui, he must be a pretty important character, like one of his best friends or something.

I thought the Felicia on the opposite faction even though she was on the cover art thing was weird too; but the fact that she is seen on Nohr's side twice (the same number of times she is seen on Hoshido's side) cements it for me. Plus, her second appearence on the Nohr's side with the purple-haired great knight doesn't seem like early-game content to me, but that is just my interpretation based on the map atmosphere.

And actually, the cavalier guy HAS shown up in non-sprite form in the teaser trailers!

iRo09M1.png

Based on his appearance we can say for certain that this character has not be seen in any other media (box art, character portraits, cg cutscenes) as of yet.

Also, it looks as if this battle is occurring in the same chapter as when we see blueish-grey-haired cavalier as an enemy unit. The shortish white japanese walls and the red lanterns match pretty much perfectly.

Doesn't that just screw up the point of the 'choice' even more ?

I mean, if they're on your team no matter your 'choice'... Just, what ?

Edited by B.Leu

Not necessarily.

Servants are usually supposed to follow their master no matter where they go. Felicia and Silver Cavalier may be assigned to serve Kamui, so they're duty bound to follow their master. Your family members are another story completely, even if they're your family.

That said, I think it would be really cool if you had a few units following you no matter what.

Well, you need units other than Kamui for the first 6 chapters, which are route independent. And it would suck if you had to lose half the units you've trained seven chapters in.

Given that the screens appear to be very early game, im assuming its simply the first couple of chapters before the choice is even made.

I'd honestly be surprised if there weren't a few characters who stuck with Kamui regardless of the path s/he chooses.

Arr.

Duty bound people exist. I don't think every single person will follow you regardless of choice, so get ready to fight some of the people on Hoshido's side. Or at least, I hope you fight characters that you could only recruit on the opposite side.

Twintails is going down.

Duty bound. A few characters. Yeah. I can actually see that.

But only if it's a very few of them, seriously, the choice is even more dumb if you can get half of the characters from the opposite side on your team anyways.

I thought the Felicia on the opposite faction even though she was on the cover art thing was weird too; but the fact that she is seen on Nohr's side twice (the same number of times she is seen on Hoshido's side) cements it for me. Plus, her second appearence on the Nohr's side with the purple-haired great knight doesn't seem like early-game content to me, but that is just my interpretation based on the map atmosphere.

And actually, the cavalier guy HAS shown up in non-sprite form in the teaser trailers!

Based on his appearance we can say for certain that this character has not be seen in any other media (box art, character portraits, cg cutscenes) as of yet.

Also, it looks as if this battle is occurring in the same chapter as when we see blueish-grey-haired cavalier as an enemy unit. The shortish white japanese walls and the red lanterns match pretty much perfectly.

Yes, I completely missed his presence in this battle scene until a few minutes ago. The fact that your team seems to directly fight him makes my theory of him being a good friend of Kamui all the more unlikely. Maybe he gets captured or something.

In any case, I actually believe that other scene with Felicia could also take place early in the game, because the area on the bottom right looks very, very similar to the location you're at during the part where Camilla talks to you:

tHVKC0I.pngSgjZCdW.png

Actually, while trying to get as much of the surroundings visible as possible, I stumbled upon a frame where you can see that Camilla's art is hiding a lot of other characters, so that's a completely lucky find here. What I originally meant to say was that she cares for your well being at that point, which probably wouldn't be the case after you sided with Hoshido, yet the ninja Saizou is appearing as a blue unit... then again I guess that nothing guarantess that he's locked to Hoshido himself... Hm.

Edit1: nevermind I'm wrong, he's red.

Interestingly, both Felicia and the butler/Jeigan guy are blue, while the others that you don't see in the first frame are green, except for Camilla herself possibly(can't see her very well), so as a result I'm pretty sure it's the same chapter; plus the only difference between the two images is that there is no bottom rock bridge in the first image, which doesn't mean much obviously. So actually, since it seems like the few units we see in the first image may really be the only ones you have in this chapter, and they're assumed to be a cleric and a Jeigan, saying it's taking place early in the game sounds pretty fair.

Edit2: ... but since you're apparently fighting Saizou unlike I originally thought, this may very well be later in the game, since he seems rather strong.

Edited by Cysx

Yes, I completely missed his presence in this battle scene until a few minutes ago. The fact that your team seems to directly fight him makes my theory of him being a good friend of Kamui all the more unlikely. Maybe he gets captured or something.

In any case, I actually believe that other scene with Felicia could also take place early in the game, because the area on the bottom right looks very, very similar to the location you're at during the part where Camilla talks to you:

tHVKC0I.pngSgjZCdW.png

Actually, while trying to get as much of the surroundings visible as possible, I stumbled upon a frame where you can see that Camilla's art is hiding a lot of other characters, so that's a completely lucky find here. What I originally meant to say was that she cares for your well being at that point, which probably wouldn't be the case after you sided with Hoshido, yet the ninja Saizou is appearing as a blue unit... then again I guess that nothing guarantess that he's locked to Hoshido himself... Hm.

Edit1: nevermind I'm wrong, he's red.

Interestingly, both Felicia and the butler/Jeigan guy are blue, while the others that you don't see in the first frame are green, except for Camilla herself possibly(can't see her very well), so as a result I'm pretty sure it's the same chapter; plus the only difference between the two images is that there is no bottom rock bridge in the first image, which doesn't mean much obviously. So actually, since it seems like the few units we see in the first image may really be the only ones you have in this chapter, and they're assumed to be a cleric and a Jeigan, saying it's taking place early in the game sounds pretty fair.

Edit2: ... but since you're apparently fighting Saizou unlike I originally thought, this may very well be later in the game, since he seems rather strong.

Good find!

And given that we can see the created Dragon's vein bridge in the back, does this mean that is the end of the chapter and maybe seize chapters are back?

On topic, though, I think it'd be good if there were non-exclusive characters although I'm a sucker for mutually exclusive characters in old FEs.

I think that there will be characters that are exclusive depending on which route you take and characters that will be available no matter which side you choose. I don't think that Kamui and the dancer are the only characters that will be playing both sides.

h%20vs%20s_zpscqforosq.png

I made this chart after looking at both trailers and some of the extra stuff from the direct. I am having a hard time distinguishing the cavalier that I put under Nohr as it may be the same one under Hoshido. The hair looks slightly different but I can't really tell. This is all speculation.

Edited by lovely_pan

Yeah, I'm thinking that some units always follow you no matter what. I could see one or two Hoshido following you in Nohr out of love for their lost friend, but that would be base treachery and Archer Boy seems like the type to loose Saizou on you or something, and we already know Ryouma flat out challenges Kamui to a duel if you side with Nohr from that one scene.

Good find!

And given that we can see the created Dragon's vein bridge in the back, does this mean that is the end of the chapter and maybe seize chapters are back?

It does look like the end to me as well, but I thought there was a slight chance that this was actually the beginning, and someone or something breaks these stone bridges at some point, so I didn't say it.

I made this chart after looking at both trailers and some of the extra stuff from the direct. I am having a hard time distinguishing the cavalier that I put under Nohr as it may be the same one under Hoshido. The hair looks slightly different but I can't really tell. This is all speculation.

Nice chart! From what I can tell...

-This isn't Ryouma's map sprite. You can see it just before he challenges Kamui in the trailer

-I believe these two cavaliers are indeed the same guy

-I don't remember ever seeing the purple haired greatknight on the side of Hoshido. In any case, at this point it seems likely that he's the guy from the Nohr cover, if you want to put a face on him

Edited by Cysx

Thank you! :) I made the changes.

h%20vs%20s_zpso2mcizey.png

I am kind of hoping there are characters exclusive to each side so there is more incentive for me to get both versions if the game is split in the US.

Edited by lovely_pan

Found another connection to that one Nohr stage/chapter we all keep seeing.

4k2PbGU.png

Now unless all Nohr stages are dark and gloomy like this, I wanna say it's the same chapter.

No idea who the green ally sprite is right next to Kamui. Could be the guy with the wrinkles who is talking since the armor is similar, but then the light pink hair???

Found another connection to that one Nohr stage/chapter we all keep seeing.

Now unless all Nohr stages are dark and gloomy like this, I wanna say it's the same chapter.

No idea who the green ally sprite is right next to Kamui. Could be the guy with the wrinkles who is talking since the armor is similar, but then the light pink hair???

I don't know, that sprite looks bald to me. But nice find, and I think you're right and it's the same chapter. I had completely forgotten, but someone noticed that the color of the dialogue box changes slightly once you've picked a side(greenish for Hoshido and purple-ish for Nohr); but the dialogue box of Camilla and this guy both have the default color, which sadly means that this most likely is the beginning of the game, but also pretty much confirms that it's the same chapter as well, because just like you said, two chapters looking so similar would be weird, let alone two of the first six.

I expect something similar to Sacred Stones. You know, most of the characters able to be recruited for either side but the circumstanced different depending on what story it is. However, unlike SS, I would like more characters exclusive to one side or another just for variety's sake.

Hi. I'm new here. I created an account specifically to bring forth an interesting (but most likely untrue) speculation.

Is it completely impossible that your avatar has a twin of the opposite gender who will choose to side with the opposite army as you? It reflects the Japanese box art where the two avatars seem to be commanding the different armies against each other and other official FE: If artwork also seems to show the two in the same position.