Possible non-side specific/both sides recruitable characters [with evidence]

squkyshoes

Hi. I'm new here. I created an account specifically to bring forth an interesting (but most likely untrue) speculation.

Is it completely impossible that your avatar has a twin of the opposite gender who will choose to side with the opposite army as you? It reflects the Japanese box art where the two avatars seem to be commanding the different armies against each other and other official FE: If artwork also seems to show the two in the same position.

I doubt it. Kamui was kidnapped for a reason, likely related to his manakete qualities. It wouldn't make sense to have two character who share those qualities.

Found another connection to that one Nohr stage/chapter we all keep seeing.

4k2PbGU.png

Now unless all Nohr stages are dark and gloomy like this, I wanna say it's the same chapter.

No idea who the green ally sprite is right next to Kamui. Could be the guy with the wrinkles who is talking since the armor is similar, but then the light pink hair???

So I got a theory, I think he is indeed the other unit, who is an ally on Nohr's side but he'll appear in Hoshido as a boss instead.

So I got a theory, I think he is indeed the other unit, who is an ally on Nohr's side but he'll appear in Hoshido as a boss instead.

That guy(I beleieve he's called ganz) doesn't look like an ally. He's probably some early boss (also beause this sequence happens before the faction choice, at least i think so by looking at the text box brownish color)

With having characters that follow you either way is cool, I think it would be interesting if they also had the opposite- people who just really hate you during the first 6 chapters and join the other side to get a chance at killing you. Like Shinon without the part where you can recruit him again.

Not sure how well they'd be able to execute that, but I thought it would be interesting.

EDIT: I no longer think most of the content of this post is accurate and don't want to let what I believe is misinformation out there when I can simply edit it. The reason for that is because I realized that your enemies on the chapter showcased here are most likely Nohr soldiers, which makes it seem very unlikely for this to be an early game Nohr chapter. I'm leaving it spoiler'd just in case anybody's curious.

Note that my interrogations would be answered by this being a chapter from the third path we've been told about, which seems to make sense in a lot of regards, but who knows.

So I stumbled upon this(better late than never):

kamui_f.png

Interesting things I see in this:

-Unlisted unit on the bottom, another healer apparently; that's four healers introduced very early in the game, which, even considering the path split, seems like a lot; more importantly, Felicia also being playable in Nohr would end up giving us three of those for Nohr alone

- Cavalier guy is still around

- Kamui is level 9 as opposed to level 11 in that other chapter presumably from the Nohr campaign --> it probably takes place earlier, but neither the cleric nor the troubadour little sister are visible in the latter.

And yes, I do believe this is a Nohr chapter as well, because of the Nohr "little sister" being playable. So that's three chapters that can be safely associated with Nohr thus far, and if Kamui's displayed levels are to be trusted, all three need to happen before chapter 6 for the theory this topic was based on to be wrong, which I definitely see as questionable at best, especially considering everything else.

I do want to point out again that this could very well mean that the dancer's appearance is tied to something else than the side you pick, which is definitely interesting.

Edited by Cysx

The game will probably give us the usual assortment of mercenaries (profession, not the class) wanderers, foreigners, and the one or two defectors that will be used to fill up the ranks of the army, in addition to the faction specific characters.

As for the maids, well, I'm thinking that both of them go with the player no matter which side is chosen, and that the reason Felicia is depicted on the Hoshido cover and the other maid is on the Nohr cover is for the sake of artistic diversity.

I admit I'd find it kind of hilarious if you could recruit 2 of your siblings from the other side then use them in battle against their other siblings.

Like wow Dark Knight I'm so glad you joined me sibling loyalty and love is great go throw fire at our brother and sisters.

I doubt it. Kamui was kidnapped for a reason, likely related to his manakete qualities. It wouldn't make sense to have two character who share those qualities.

I also doubt this theory but what if they were trying to kidnap both but only one was taken

Overall I think its a given that some characters can be recruited either way.

I mean its not uncommon to recruit some of the enemies and I guess that you can still do it(probably not with everyone,but most likely with some of them)

Is it just me or are Orochi AND Rinka fighting their own people here:

talisman-mage.jpg

The enemy guy here seems to be in the same class as Orochi as he's using fan/cards/talismans/whatever and wears baggy pant. Looks more like a Hoshidan mage than a Nohrian soldier.

Is it just me or are Orochi AND Rinka fighting their own people here:

talisman-mage.jpg

The enemy guy here seems to be in the same class as Orochi as he's using fan/cards/talismans/whatever and wears baggy pant. Looks more like a Hoshidan mage than a Nohrian soldier.

He could always be a defector who you have to fight, especially considering I'm pretty sure you get Orochi post-chapter 6;

feif-april051.jpg

her text box is white, not brown(so Hoshido, post-chapter 6), and this is presumably when you recruit her and Saizou, considering the fact that they're reporting to you.

There are people who have not been introduced in the 2 trailers but my guess is:

Abel and Cain combo - this pattern should have appeared in majority of FE series (not that I have played all or barely half). This is basically the Red and Green knight who accompany you in the beginning of the game.

Knight Captain/Paladin - not the blonde dude in the dark armor. Some one who is veteran, knight, or personal guard of the hero of this game like Frederick or Seth.

Well, you need units other than Kamui for the first 6 chapters, which are route independent. And it would suck if you had to lose half the units you've trained seven chapters in.

That makes sense. But if half of them leave, i would first play through the first six chapters, learn which leave, and then restart and train just who i need. XD is that cheating?

There are people who have not been introduced in the 2 trailers but my guess is:

Abel and Cain combo - this pattern should have appeared in majority of FE series (not that I have played all or barely half). This is basically the Red and Green knight who accompany you in the beginning of the game.

Knight Captain/Paladin - not the blonde dude in the dark armor. Some one who is veteran, knight, or personal guard of the hero of this game like Frederick or Seth.

The Cain and Abel may not necessarily be cavaliers this time around. There's a red-haired and green-haired pair of ninjas on the Hoshido side instead. And the Jeigan is thought to be the old purple-haired Great Knight featured on the Nohr cover. Should these characters turn out to fill these roles, it will be neat to see that one archetype is exclusive to a particular route.