How Evil do you want Nohr to be?

Trickster

143 members have voted

1. 1. How Evil?

• Barely evil, we might be the aggressors but the characters won't like it.
    • Little evil, we'll do what we have to in order to reform Nohr.
    • Kinda evil. it's us or them.
    • Pretty evil, Let's assassinate the Hoshidan ruler!
    • Flat-out evil, Kill the entire Hoshidan cast!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if i want to kill everyone on both sides but myself and people.who give me a game-over? ( well severely wound those who are plotimportant.) can there be a completely insane option

But seriously i hope we get choices like this.

I said "a little evil," but I'll definitely be doing additional playthroughs where I'm saintly or where I'm worse than Loptyr. That is, presuming that we'll be getting real choices (which seems to be the case) and not Awakening choices.

It's worth noting that assassinating enemy rulers isn't actually evil.

She's a peace loving ruler who we assume just wants the best for everyone ala Emmeryn, so killing her does sound a little dirty.

Straight up SMT-esque Chaos faction.

That is to say, not necessarily evil per se, but definitely more villainous in appearance than Hoshido, since Hoshido appears to be the "Law" faction of the game, if you will.

I'd really like it if Nohr was a lot like Daein halfway through Radiant Dawn. The only reason they're involved in this war is because someone else is forcing their hand. Maybe part of reforming Nohr is breaking free of that control.

Pretty evil. I'd love to have a villain protagonist or something.

I don't want to have to kill the entire Hoshidan cast though, all 3 of my favorite characters are Hoshido.

Regardless of the path we choose, Nohr is the enemy. While I've seen some express disdain with that, I actually quite like the fact that there's still a central antagonist as well as the unique "fight from the inside" approach of the Nohr route.

I'd like it if Nohr is only being evil because of something done by Hoshido. For example, Hoshido has developed life-saving magical techniques but keeps practice of them limited to a choice few, and refuses to share the knowledge with anyone else.

She's a peace loving ruler who we assume just wants the best for everyone ala Emmeryn, so killing her does sound a little dirty.

Heh... dirty. Ahhh, I am so immature. It really depends on perspective though.

I want Nohr to be pretty evil, as least in the actions you do, perspetively... I'm assuming that you'll have to fight Hoshido sooner or later in the Nohr route anyways so assassinating the ruler would be good. It'd be great. But I don't think I could pull myself to kill Hinoka. I'd lose that chapter on purpose overtime, or get someone else to play through that chapter for me.

Edited by DualMix

not at all besides maybe the king. Like this is supposed to be your close family, having them all be a bunch of cackling villains would kind of defeat the point of actually making you choose.

Thankfully it doesn't look like they're actually going to be evil. Imouto is cute and bubbly, Marx seems to have some sort of moral code, Camillia does show worry for the Avatar, all of them seem worried for the Avatar when the confrontation between the two families happens. Other than them wearing all black they don't really seem to show any "evil" traits at all, besides the king who looks outright demonic and is implied to have killed the Avatar's father and taken him in against his will, and also to have done something to make Marx doubt him (possibly the same thing). Even then I'd hope he has some depth and isn't just Generic McBadGuy who does Evil Things because he's Evil.

Edited by BlitznBurst

The thing is, a nation cannot be 100% evil.

How do I want it ? Heh, I dunno to be honest. But I do want choices.

Gee, apparently it would be very evil from me to kill my ennemies ! :p

Considering how Emmeryn was a screwup, Hoshido would be better off with its ruler dead if she's like Emmeryn.

... Actually, don't assassinate Hoshido's ruler. Let her drag down Hoshido.

Edited by Saladus

I'm not seeing us as being evil at all...

If we're fighting to reform Nohr, then we're fighting against the bad guys.

None of the actual playable Nohrians look evil so I doubt we'll be burning down villages or punching babies or anything.

I would prefer the 'evil' to be the 'what needs to be done for the good of all' type...as long as the characters show regret for the immoral things they do. If the Nohrian side involves becoming a bunch of bloodthirsty sociopaths I will seriously disapprove.

Imo, the Nohr side is about dethroning Garon. I have a bit of a suspicion that Garon is the king that's doing things wrong, and perhaps, Marx, dark knight, troubadour, Camilla & Co., are the ones helping you with the civil war. Maybe the first part is about fixing Nohr, then confronting Hoshido and finally beating the big baws.

I hate when games make a faction obviously evil any good villain has a reason. If a villain is being evil for the sake of eating babies robing the poor and kicking puppies then its time for the writer to rethink their story -_- At least take the time to give the villain a reason to do something evil...

I'm actually hoping for something somewhat like in Devil Survivor Overcloaked:

[spoiler=Naoya Eighth Day]

You get to choose whether to kill the demon tamers, or DON'T TOUCH THEM.

In other words, I would like to see a sort of "Evil Scale" in the game. With "Kill 'em All" being in the far end of it.

Imo, the Nohr side is about dethroning Garon. I have a bit of a suspicion that Garon is the king that's doing things wrong, and perhaps, Marx, dark knight, troubadour, Camilla & Co., are the ones helping you with the civil war. Maybe the first part is about fixing Nohr, then confronting Hoshido and finally beating the big baws.

Definitely House Targaryen Tier then.