Kellam!Laurent@Assassin +boots

Counter, Lucky7, Tomebreaker, Lethality, Miracle

Libra!Yarne@Assassin +boots

Counter, Lucky7, Quick Burn, Lethality, Miracle

Gaius!Brady@Paladin

Counter, Lucky7, Acrobat, Lethality, Miracle

Domingo!Inigo@Paladin

Counter, RFK, Lethality, Hit+20, Luna

If you feel more lucky with Miracle, give owain and Brady HP+5 instead of Acrobat and Quick Burn.

Nah. Those look good enough as-is. Besides, otherwise we might have too many units with HP+5 and Miracle/Counter.

Although that is somewhat odd. Am I to assume you meant Chrom!Inigo and it was inadvertently changed through auto-correct or something?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although that is somewhat odd. Am I to assume you meant Chrom!Inigo and it was inadvertently changed through auto-correct or something?

I failed to make a reference to The Princess Bride. That's all.

Thinking about it now, do you think breakers should be substituted?

Breakers are there because they provide decent avoid against their respective weapon type, but only on top of already existing Lucky7 and/or Quick Burn. What would you exchange them with?

Thinking about it now, do you think breakers should be substituted?

Do you mean substituted in, swapping out other current skills in the process, or having the few Tomebreakers that we currently have removed in favor of something else?

Please elaborate.

In my opinion, Breakers such as Tomebreaker and Bowbreaker have use for encouraging an opponent to use a 1-range weapon.

And most of the Counter-bombers will likely be equipped with a 'Superior' weapon during the first player phase, acting as a faux-breaker there as well.

It's also useful for classes that only have one or two weapon types, helping them overcome a potential WTD.

I failed to make a reference to The Princess Bride. That's all.

How did I miss that?!?

Well the enemy is going to have 100% displayed hit on us. So it's just a matter of us getting to 100% displayed hit on them. Is a breaker the best way to go about getting hit? If we're running Tomebreaker, it means we could have been running Anathema which always works in our favor. Plus, counter is already encouraging enemies to attack at 2 range much more than a breaker is enticing them to attack at 1.

Enemy's dual support and forge leads to a high hit rate bonus--and that's ignoring the possibility that enemies are running any forms of skill hit rates.

Well the enemy is going to have 100% displayed hit on us. So it's just a matter of us getting to 100% displayed hit on them. Is a breaker the best way to go about getting hit? If we're running Tomebreaker, it means we could have been running Anathema which always works in our favor. Plus, counter is already encouraging enemies to attack at 2 range much more than a breaker is enticing them to attack at 1.

Enemy's dual support and forge leads to a high hit rate bonus--and that's ignoring the possibility that enemies are running any forms of skill hit rates.

I'm not going to assume all the enemies have hawkeye.

If they have ~223 hit, they will hit MU for sure. With Tomes, they need 273 hit. I don't think that'll happen without some serious effort. This MU has ~94 base hit. +70 from Brave Lance. +25 forge. +5 A rank.+15 Quick Burn. +20 Lucky7. That's ~229. I really doubt she cares about 10 more hit from Anathema.

You're not being helpful here.

I really doubt she cares about 10 more hit from Anathema.

(out of the loop, posting anyway, kids don't do this at home)

Normally, I use Anathema as an aura skill - to help everyone else. Do the other pairs appreciate the 10 hit/even matter?

Normally, I use Anathema as an aura skill - to help everyone else. Do the other pairs appreciate the 10 hit/even matter?

They don't, because even though we try to keep our team in formation, eventually everyone has to face the enemy all by themselves in a 1v2. The chances for success are extremely low. Additionally, the chances to survive are almost zero, this means that anyone but the original user of Anathema will most likely not draw any benefit from it.

They have access to +15 DuSu + 25 Forge and probably at least one other boost (be it anathema, hit rate +20). It's not a matter of hawkeye, it's a matter of hit is extremely easy to generate. Avo is extremely poor to generate. My point is the breaker isn't helping you dodge (nothing will). Replacing it with Anathema would be moot--but so is running a breaker.

They have access to +15 DuSu + 25 Forge and probably at least one other boost (be it anathema, hit rate +20). It's not a matter of hawkeye, it's a matter of hit is extremely easy to generate. Avo is extremely poor to generate. My point is the breaker isn't helping you dodge (nothing will). Replacing it with Anathema would be moot--but so is running a breaker.

If I want hit, I'll choose hit+20.

When taking into account the importance of movement with respect to the AI's formation, swapping out Tomebreaker for Mov+1 sounds like an idea worth testing, seeing as it doesn't fundamentally overhaul the pairings or skillsets for the chosen units.

However, I'd prefer to attempt to verify Vascela's assertion that that Tomebreaker is of negligible benefit for the AI units with regards to both their Hit and Avoid values.

The best method I could think of to test this would be to use the Wellspring of Truth Paralogue as a faux-StreetPass.

When I get to the endgame with the previously discussed units, I'll report back on my findings.

Unless of course, someone is in a more able position to do so.

All this would require is to have a file at the Endgame with Paralogue 24 still unbeaten.

The only other specifications are:

At least one unit must have Tomebreaker in their skillset. Ideally, Quick Burn and Lucky 7 should also be included.

And one other unit must have a tome of some kind equipped, be the lead in a pair-up and engage the unit described above.

How does that sound?

This is the progress we made up until yesterday, use it as a basis. I'm growing tired of having to worm all of that out of you.

That's precisely the post I'm making a claim to change for. Or is there something I'm missing ( because it isn't your streetpass unit that's for sure 8] )?

Celica's 105 hit (25 forge) + 20 hit rate +20 + 15 DuSu + neutral mod sage 43/45 skl/luk (87 flat). 227 hit. A Sage pair up gives +7 Skl +3 Luck (12 hit) +5 A rank tomes leads to 244 hit.

Meanwhile neutral Falcon Knight floor 44/45 spd/luk (88) avo + lucky 7 + quick burn (35) + Tomebreaker (50) yields 173 Avo.

Any source of Anathema (the most common aura) strikes to ~80 hit post tomebreaker. That's over 90% on true hit.

And that's for the lucky7 + quickburn setup. Any setup that uses either or gets shot down to be right next to 100% displayed (read: non-Owain/Gerome/Yarne). Those units who have tomebreaker (Cynthia and Laurent) get zero benefit from tomebreaker. While the former get a 10% Avo from it. If there's any external source besides Anathema (hex, charm) or even skills you are using (lucky 7/quick burn themselves), there is 100% displayed.

Finally he decides to post something useful. I'll post my own stuff just to confirm Vascela's post.

When taking into account the importance of movement with respect to the AI's formation, swapping out Tomebreaker for Mov+1 sounds like an idea worth testing, seeing as it doesn't fundamentally overhaul the pairings or skillsets for the chosen units.

However, I'd prefer to attempt to verify Vascela's assertion that that Tomebreaker is of negligible benefit for the AI units with regards to both their Hit and Avoid values.

The best method I could think of to test this would be to use the Wellspring of Truth Paralogue as a faux-StreetPass.

When I get to the endgame with the previously discussed units, I'll report back on my findings.

Unless of course, someone is in a more able position to do so.

All this would require is to have a file at the Endgame with Paralogue 24 still unbeaten.

The only other specifications are:

At least one unit must have Tomebreaker in their skillset. Ideally, Quick Burn and Lucky 7 should also be included.

And one other unit must have a tome of some kind equipped, be the lead in a pair-up and engage the unit described above.

How does that sound?

What a waste of time. #12 contains a super Morgan, so I'm using him.

Stats: 76 str/ 72 mag/ 64 skll/ 65 spd/ 64 luk/ 49 def/ 55 res

Hit: 128 base, ~100 from weapon, forges and ranks. +15 support ranks. 243 hit. With anathema 253.

Avoid: ~130. +10 from S rank. 140.

If they have ~223 hit, they will hit MU for sure. With Tomes, they need 273 hit. I don't think that'll happen without some serious effort. This MU has ~94 base hit. +70 from Brave Lance. +25 forge. +5 A rank.+15 Quick Burn. +20 Lucky7. That's ~229. I really doubt she cares about 10 more hit from Anathema.

With Anathema, the difference is 20, with hit+20 and Anathema, the difference is zero. Morgan will always hit.

Morgan has 140 avoid. If we add 11 hit, FeMu will always hit.

with 229 hit, FeMu has 97.69 true hit.

What's more useful. Assuming the enemy has Anathema and Hit+20 on the strongest unit possible which eliminates all avoid on FeMu, or 2.3% hit from Anathema? It doesn't matter. Something outside of that would be better.

I'm still waiting for that updated list by the way.

It isn't just as simple as "the enemy has hit rate +20 and anathema on everyone"

It's any sources of common hit. Who's to say the enemy is locked out of any burn, lucky 7 themselves? Sources of hit are extremely easy to come by. Or to say they aren't fielding Chrom + charm? Or getting +5 from DuSu+?

The selling point is that hit rate is extremely easy to itemize.