Yet Another Attempt At StreetPass

All units operated without regards to their surroundings. They did tend to group up decently, but I assume the reason for that was that they plainly spawned next to each other which resulted in their paths being parallel/similar. This is what I observed from a single battle.

This was tested against an acquaintance of mine, to paraphrase: Overall the survival rate was low when pitted against a human which didn't hold back (5~10%). Without limit breaker, they did survive 30~40% of the time (thanks to failed proccs, dual strikes not triggering nearly as often etc.) and put up a good fight. it was the first time he had to think when playing against streetpass teams, since nobody else put nearly as much effort into their team as Tactless Tactician. It is to be expected. I would have been disappointed if it was anything less than thought inducing.

He told me that he was caught offguard by Inigo and Lucina being more murderous than he anticipated. Apparently Aether still hurts, if only a little bit, against targets without LB, even if they're paried up. He didn't tell me how the encounters concluded exactly, but he told me that Lucina's Aether did more than a little scratch damage (10-30% total HP in damage, depending on enemy).

All other units were equally dangerous.

From this I derive that the units do enough scratch damage that will - if not treated soon - result in their demise if the luck favors AI in terms of counter. In that sense, units who brute force their way in 1 range are very likely to bite the dust, but this only happens if the player is not careful (I didn't see it happen personally).

Apparently one of his Sorcs which was using the Waste tome had problems with hit rate, especially Yarne.

Edit: He made the impression that it was a challenge, and that without rescue it would be very difficult to win without losing anyone. In that sense I believe he enjoyed himself a little bit. At the very least he didn't say he felt fighting was a waste of time

Edited by Knusperkeks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All units operated without regards to their surroundings. They did tend to group up decently, but I assume the reason for that was that they plainly spawned next to each other which resulted in their paths being parallel/similar. This is what I observed from a single battle.

So they seem to act independently, with the only examples of perceived 'cooperation' likely being on account of their close proximities?

This was tested against an acquaintance of mine, to paraphrase: Overall the survival rate was low when pitted against a human which didn't hold back (5~10%). Without limit breaker, they did survive 30~40% of the time (thanks to failed proccs, dual strikes not triggering nearly as often etc.) and put up a good fight. it was the first time he had to think when playing against streetpass teams, since nobody else put nearly as much effort into their team as Tactless Tactician. It is to be expected. I would have been disappointed if it was anything less than thought inducing.

Alright, so your acquaintance, when running a team without limit breaker, seemed to have a somewhat enjoyable 'challenge' of sorts?

He told me that he was caught offguard by Inigo and Lucina being more murderous than he anticipated. Apparently Aether still hurts, if only a little bit, against targets without LB, even if they're paried up. He didn't tell me how the encounters concluded exactly, but he told me that Lucina's Aether did more than a little scratch damage (10-30% total HP in damage, depending on enemy).

All other units were equally dangerous.

That's intriguing. Proc-stacking definitely seemed to be the right way to go here then. And I'm guessing it's more so the Luna component of Aether that had the bulk of the effect. And the other units were comparably threatening? Hmm...

From this I derive that the units do enough scratch damage that will - if not treated soon - result in their demise if the luck favors AI in terms of counter. In that sense, units who brute force their way in 1 range are very likely to bite the dust, but this only happens if the player is not careful (I didn't see it happen personally).

Apparently one of his Sorcs which was using the Waste tome had problems with hit rate, especially Yarne.

So cumulative chip damage *could* lead to the death of a unit if the player doesn't give an appropriate level of thought. That's encouraging to say the least.

Also, Yarne is amusing. He used to be seen as sub-standard from an optimization standpoint due to a lack of Galeforce, but his high speed and skill make him an excellent choice, at least as far as in-game units are concerned.

Edit: He made the impression that it was a challenge, and that without rescue it would be very difficult to win without losing anyone. In that sense I believe he enjoyed himself a little bit. At the very least he didn't say he felt fighting was a waste of time

So it would be safe to say that our goal was accomplished?

Thank you for investing the time to collaborate in this endeavor!