Precisely how excited are you for this game?

How much hype do you have for this game?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-5...

• Meh, I don't really care. Whatever.
    • I'll probably get it when it comes out. Not too excited though.
    • Definitely getting the game! Can't wait to play it!
    • I must pre-order both versions! I MUST EXPERIENCE THE FULL GAME!
    • ERMEHGERD GIMMEH GAME NAO! MUST PRE-ORDER AND BUY ALL DLC!!!

I want to buy both versions at once + DLC if I can get my hands on them at once. If I manage to buy a special edition with a manual and artwork, which I doubt, even better.

Guess if I save 10 bucks per month I can buy this game next year.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if ever there has been a time that I was so excited for a game. I'm normally pretty calm in my demeanor, but watching the trailer in the April Direct, I was, like, squee-ing and flailing my arms. I'm happy to be here to discuss the game with everybody here as well.

I'm not excited, due to the whole "You only get to choose one route in the game and the other ones are DLC" shenanigans.

In fact, if it turns out to be true for the localised version of the game, I'll likely skip this game entirely.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I don't know if ever there has been a time that I was so excited for a game. I'm normally pretty calm in my demeanor, but watching the trailer in the April Direct, I was, like, squee-ing and flailing my arms. I'm happy to be here to discuss the game with everybody here as well.

I didn't scream and perform any celebratory actions at all. I just smiled, but my drastically larger excitement stayed inside. o.o TIKI WAS RIGHT ABOUT OLDER PEOPLE NOT EXPRESSING MUCH NOOOO

Considering how much of a surprise this game was when announced, I'm totally hyped. Maybe not to ADFADADFBAJAAFJKAKLKBJALLLL;;; levels but definitely going to day 1 purchase and likely buy all the DLC.

Also, calling it now, either February 1 or 8 for release in NA.

I'm not excited, due to the whole "You only get to choose one route in the game and the other ones are DLC" shenanigans.

In fact, if it turns out to be true for the localised version of the game, I'll likely skip this game entirely.

I'm kinda ticked off a little about that, I really hope they just go with all 3 routes in the game at once, maybe increasing the game price to compensate. I don't like day 1 DLC shenanigans.

Exactly where I am.

The most excited I've been for an FE game since Radiant Dawn. Since the first trailer I got a good vibe from it. But the latest news about two versions brought me down from "insanely hyped" to "excited".

I too was really excited for the game

But splitting it in half kind of brought that excitement down D;"

I really do hope that the localized version will be all in one cartridge with all three paths.

I'd be willing to spend quite a bit on it too /)~/)"

But

2016 release

That's like joking about how "it's spring!" Where I live

It won't happen soon enough xD

*coughs* we just had snow yesterday*coughs*

So excited that I finally felt justified in making an account.

Won't pre-order it, though. I'm ideologically opposed to pre-orders and I wouldn't want both games at once; just one'll keep me satisfied until I feel like getting the other (assuming we even get the versions split)

So excited that I finally felt justified in making an account.

Won't pre-order it, though. I'm ideologically opposed to pre-orders and I wouldn't want both games at once; just one'll keep me satisfied until I feel like getting the other (assuming we even get the versions split)

I really hope we don't get a version split....but I do hope we get a 3DS bundle. THAT's what I want :D

Pretty excited overall, I like the changes and the additions to gameplay and most of the character designs. The story could go in numerous directions which is interesting and the two versions promise a ton of content so I'm not particularly concerned.

I'm rather excited for this, so I voted for option 3. That being said, I will definitely buy both versions if they both are released in the states. Cause I want to support this series and the boxart for both copies looks cool to me. Though I am content to wait for now, here's hoping the game is heading our way this January!

Mind if I ask why?

Preorders in my opinion make no sense in this day and age, there's usually more than enough stock available with the Internet being a thing which was why preorders were justified in the past. Unfortunately, many publishers have realized that they want to assure a certain amount of sales, hence leading to exclusive preorder DLC and other locked content which eventually gave rise to Day 1 dlc. Its an obsolete practice that should've died out but didn't because publishers found a use for it and eventually spiraled out of control.

I'm so hyped!

While it may be regarded as one of the lesser Fire Emblem games, I really liked Awakening and all of its mechanics, so I'm very excited that most of those are returning!

I also am liking the enemies utilizing the pair-up system. I thought it was dumb they couldn't in awakening.

Preorders in my opinion make no sense in this day and age, there's usually more than enough stock available with the Internet being a thing which was why preorders were justified in the past. Unfortunately, many publishers have realized that they want to assure a certain amount of sales, hence leading to exclusive preorder DLC and other locked content which eventually gave rise to Day 1 dlc. Its an obsolete practice that should've died out but didn't because publishers found a use for it and eventually spiraled out of control.

You bring up some good points. I agree with a lot of this, but I think there's definitely still a place for special editions. Collectors would certainly be sorry to see them go. Especially when they come with something physical like the special box or coin or map that come with some games. Day 1 DLC is an annoying practice because it's stuff that should've just been in the game in the first place and they're obviously just trying to make more money.

they give a company less incentive to work on the game, giving a worse final product.

How do they do that?

How do they do that?

With enough pre-orders, they've already broken even and have no reason to continue work on the game. If there were no pre-orders, they would be hard-pressed to make as high quality of a product as possible in order to ensure that they make profit.

The way Nintendo handled Awakening last year and now the amiibo shortage (Lucina and Robin's amiibo was gone so fast that it not even funny), I will trust Nintendo with the quality of the game but quantity of the game... No way. next announced Nintendo Direct I will be in Gamestop ready to pre-order the limited edition/3ds's bundle/ or whatever Nintendo has for IF ASAP.

Edited by Awakener_

Mind if I ask why?

What RandomSwordmaster said, plus the immense focus on pre-orders sends the message to devs that marketing and hype are more important to a game than actual quality.

Which has proven to be a true message, but it still sucks.