Fire Emblem: Tides of War

EldinnerPlate

FIRE EMBLEM: TIDES OF WAR

Plot:

Our story follows Slyker and Marcus as they are both drafted into military service. However, there couldn’t be a worse time to be a soldier as the continent of Vishnera has been at war for as long as anyone can remember. As the young recruits gain a new perspective on life through military service, everything they thought they knew is cast into doubt.

Screenshots:

jOujdWo.png?1

This is a FE7 hack using Arch’s Fire Shell Project. That means a good chunk of the FE8 classes will be included, as well as some other cool additions that are in Fire Shell. This hack features an original story and new portraits, maps, events, ect. I am currently working on rebuilding the project since my computer crashed causing me to lose all my progress and swear off ROM hacking for good. But now that I’m back I plan to add more things as I learn, such as music and title screens and such.

[spoiler=Credits]

Big thanks to Arch.

Hacking:
Blazer, Hextator, Nintenlord, Camtech, Venno, Icecube, CrazyColorz, Primefusion

Graphics:
The Blind Archer, Nickt, Mageknight404, MarkyJoe1990, Jubby, eCut, s/Kitty of Time, Agro

Testers:

Emerick, TheErrantShepherd, Lord of Gabriel Knight, SilverHairedFreak25, Willie

If I missed anyone shoot me a PM

Thank you! :)
Edited by Eldinnnn

"Never dead, always underground"

Oh, you.

I always like it when concepts come out with actual progress and not just text. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Also, I don't capitalize the 'f' in my name :P

whoa jeigan halberdier? nice

Well, kind of.. I'm planning on doing something a little different with him.

Oh, you.

I always like it when concepts come out with actual progress and not just text. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Also, I don't capitalize the 'f' in my name :P

;)

And yeah I thought it would be important to at least have some tangible work for those interested. What are you talking about it was lowercase all along

Looks intriguing, solid looking screens. Color me interested. (And hey Play testing is fun, count me in if looking for more. Skype's in my profile.)

You're actually the first volunteer. :) I sent you a PM.

Edited by Eldinnnn

If you're looking for more playtesting, I'd definitely be down to help out! Just shoot me a PM or something.

All in all, this looks like a seriously promising project. High hopes, my man. High hopes.

I'd be interested in playtesting this as well! And maybe I can help with story writing if you're interested!

Cool cool, sent you a PM :)

If you're looking for more playtesting, I'd definitely be down to help out! Just shoot me a PM or something.

All in all, this looks like a seriously promising project. High hopes, my man. High hopes.

Thanks for the kind words mayne. Definitely still looking for a few more.

I can play test too! This looks interesting and it's always nice to see original content.

Gerard looks positively badass.

I can test if you'd like. PM me or skype me! Skype: will_skype_

Thanks for the help!

[spoiler=Update]s9w06Cc.png?1

Finally got the prologue finished up and now I'm moving on to making the map for chapter 1.

UPDATE:

Alright, I guess we can make updates a weekly thing. I got the story for chapter 1 planned out but the real changes came to the gameplay. So I've been messing with the classes and PRF arrays and items and I've managed to add some new functional pieces to the game.

First off, I split the knight into the regular knight(lance and sword) and a new class called "sentinel"(axe and bow), and I updated their map sprites with Agro's version of the lance and axe knight. The second change to classes is a split between cavaliers. The cavalier(sword, lance), and cataphract(axe, lance), and of course their respective map sprites.

The biggest change comes to bow users though. Since people seem to agree that bow users needed a buff, I wanted to try something a little different. I made longbows 2-4 range weapons that can only be used by archers/snipers. They will be much more common and affordable for the player in an attempt to make archers/snipers better without having to buff stats a whole lot. Along with that though, the majority of bows are being changed to 2-3 range, but here's the catch: weapons that have multiple ranges have their damage/accuracy/crit reduced on the farthest range. For example:

2-4 range longbow:

85Jv66e.png?1

fENi4y1.png?1

And the range drop-off is going to be applied to javelins/hand axe/etc as well. However, they will be receiving an increase in power to make up for it, and probably a reduction in cost. Oh, and now longbows are broken up like regular bows(iron, steel, silver), so archers/snipers will have a variety of weapons at their disposal to help them be competitive for spots on your team.

Big shout out to icecube(range value fix, range penalties hack) and vennobennu(PRF weapon array), wouldn't have had a clue how to do any of this without them.

Edited by Eldinnnn

Seems cool. I like the class split, it would probably be better if cavaliers and knights stuck to two weapons, rather than three.

The archer range thing is cool! I don't use archers very much, so this could help. Nice update, can't wait to see more!

Seems cool. I like the class split, it would probably be better if cavaliers and knights stuck to two weapons, rather than three.

The archer range thing is cool! I don't use archers very much, so this could help. Nice update, can't wait to see more!

Thank you very much! And I'm glad to hear it, I'm planning on making some changes to other classes to help with their vulnerability to the new ranged weapons, so hopefully I can find a nice balance.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Damn, a month already... Well I'm glad to say that everything is wrapped up with school for now. Slow progress is still being made on ToW. Currently working on finishing the opening dialogue scenes for chapter 1, and then on to gameplay. Work on this should pick up even more next week, and the way I have the story currently planned out in my head, I can see a public release being viable after I finish chapter 3. To put a date on it, I'm hoping to have it for FEE3 if it's still a thing, but I'm not making any promises yet. For the meantime here are some screens of work being done:

[spoiler=Update]6eoRab0.png?1f3eymEJ.png?1

Edited by EldinnerPlate

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... That's a lot of green units. Screens look nice and clean once again, curious what class pink hair girl will be assuming she is the unit joining in the chapter.

Looking forward to the next update bud. :)

Update:

Damn, a month already... Well I'm glad to say that everything is wrapped up with school for now. Slow progress is still being made on ToW. Currently working on finishing the opening dialogue scenes for chapter 1, and then on to gameplay. Work on this should pick up even more next week, and the way I have the story currently planned out in my head, I can see a public release being viable after I finish chapter 3. To put a date on it, I'm hoping to have it for FEE3 if it's still a thing, but I'm not making any promises yet. For the meantime here are some screens of work being done:

[spoiler=Update]f3eymEJ.png?1

MK3rKHI.png omg twins

Funny, a year ago, I had the same name planned for a concept of mine. Never made out of private planning xD

Well thank you for not posting it ;)

Wow... That's a lot of green units. Screens look nice and clean once again, curious what class pink hair girl will be assuming she is the unit joining in the chapter.

Looking forward to the next update bud. :)

I have quite a few new characters planned for this chapter. And thanks, I'll make more progress once I get back to my laptop :P

MK3rKHI.png omg twins

2spooky4me