Maxing out the Potential of your My Unit

I was trying to pick the best 5 skills that would make a male and female my unit the best possible unit. These skills must make the my unit as powerful as possible. Right now here are my thoughts for the best 5 skills for male and female unit:

Male My Unit

1. Counter
  2. Wrath
  3. Vengance
  4. Vantage
  5. Lifetaker

Female My Unit

1. Galeforce
  2. Lifetaker
  3. Vantage
  4. Vengance
  5. Armthrust/Bowbreaker/Tomebreaker

What are your thoughs? Which skills would you change and why? What class would you have as their final class?

No Limit Breaker?

Also, what's the point of Lifetaker on a unit that employs the Vengeance skill? Surely you want your HP to be as low as possible, in order to do lots of damage with Vengeance?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I think I'd swap Lifetaker for Limit Breaker. It's a great skill in-game but not great for Streetpass (if that's what you're going for). Basically the reasons NM said.

Male will generally use LB/Agg/Axefaire/All+2/Hit+20 as a +Str/-Def Berserker. Female will generally use LB/GF/Tomefaire/Ignis/Luna as a +Mag/-Def Dark Flier.

There are a ton of variances depending on specifically what you're doing, who you marry etc, but most general sets should be somehow based off those.

Throwing together a ton of skills that have some high numbers listed in their effects won't work- you need your skills, class, spouse, Asset/Flaw and role to all have synergy with eachother to get the most out of your units. Especially good pairs will be able to use the same Asset/Flaw and spouse, while changing classes and skills, to be able to switch between running multiple different sets at maximum performance.

No Limit Breaker?

Also, what's the point of Lifetaker on a unit that employs the Vengeance skill? Surely you want your HP to be as low as possible, in order to do lots of damage with Vengeance?

What could I replace LT with that is not LB? I have the choice to use LB but would like to see what to use besides it.

What could I replace LT with that is not LB? I have the choice to use LB but would like to see what to use besides it.

Am I to take it that you haven't heard of the ever-so-common Vantage/Vengeance strategy, then?

Anything that increases damage. If you're running Vantage you must have as high of Atk as possible; nothing else matters.

Honestly, that male avatar build reeks of awful skills wise. And I'm not sure that female build's much better. . . That being said, the big issue here's synergy - Lifetaker clashes with Vantage and Vengeance, as well as Wrath (though Wrath just stinks anyhow).

Edited by Levant Caprice

Honestly, that male avatar build reeks of awful skills wise. And I'm not sure that female build's much better. . . That being said, the big issue here's synergy - Lifetaker clashes with Vantage and Vengeance, as well as Wrath (though Wrath just stinks anyhow).

This is why I'm so adamant about people providing a setting for which they need a certain set of skills, otherwise it'll be decent at best and a huge pile of garbage at worst.

Wrath has a very specific purpose. It's the best by far at what it does.

Edited by Knusperkeks

This is why I'm so adamant about people providing a setting for which they need a certain set of skills, otherwise it'll be decent at best and a huge pile of garbage at worst.

Wrath has a very specific purpose. It's the best by far at what it does.

Well then, would this work: Limit Breaker, Vantage, Vengance,Counter,and a faire be a good male set? For Female would Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Lifetaker, Luna, Pavise be a good set?(exepect female to be magic class)

Well then, would this work: Limit Breaker, Vantage, Vengance,Counter,and a faire be a good male set? For Female would Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Lifetaker, Luna, Pavise be a good set?(exepect female to be magic class)

Still no good. I have yet to witness you mention any kind of setting.

Just what are you planning for? Because as is, I agree with Knusperkeks - it's not much good if you're not specifying exactly what you're preparing for.

There are different scenarios: main game, Apotheosis and Streetpass are the main areas of interest for these sort of threads. Also of note is what roles do you want your MUs to fill? From what I can see, it looks like you're doing a rather poor job of trying to put together sets that would suggest trying to make the MUs play sweeper and tank at the same time without any DLC. Not exactly very effective since Counter and Lifetaker don't exactly have great synergy with Wrath, Vantage and Vengeance for the male MU. The female MU is only marginally better though that Lifetaker is still going to have poor synergy.

Generally speaking, Counter is a TERRIBLE skill outside trolling players in Streetpass.

You need to take huge damage (from 1 range) for it to work in the first place, it only gives you that extra (Counter damage) when you get hit [meaning you need to get hit again for it to do damage again], etc. Oh, and enemies on Apotheosis have the Dragonskin skill that makes them immune to it as well.

Vengeance is a repeatable deal; you only need to get some initial damage and then you get boosted damage for the rest of the map on every single attack (its easy to get a 100% activation rate at 50 skill with pair-ups/tonics). It works very well with player-phase Brave Weapons/Celica's Gale or the same in conduction with enemy phase Vantage to ensure that you get to use the Vengeance damage to kill the enemies without needing to take any further damage; indeed, with Vantage + Vengeance you'll kill the enemies before they hit you in the first place. Oh, and Vengeance also works at 1-3 range (melee, tomes, longbows, etc.) and the enemy doesn't have skills to get immunity from it.

For skills that require you to have taken damage in some capacity to work, Venegance is FAR, FAR better a skill than Counter. Counter is basically a waste of a slot except in cases like Streetpass.

If you're going for an all around MU, or good in most situations, I run

MaMU: Dread Fighter/Grandmaster

Limit Breaker

Armsthrift

Aggressor

Luna

Tomefaire

FeMU: Sorceror

Galeforce

Armsthrift

Limit Breaker

Vengeance

Vantage

Not having to continously forge braves is quite nice in my opinion. Plus, with another +50 luck unit, two Leif's Blades, and a rallybot, you've got a non dlc way to farm money because I'm a cheap bastard.

Ok I though about what I wnated the build for. I think I would like your thoughs for an Apotheosis run. I wnat to do the "secert" route. I plan on my avater to have all the possible he can learn, so anything is good. I would like to make him a front line attacker. Could you please sugeest your thoughs on this situstion. Sorry I will be more detailed next time.

Male Avatar, mainly because of his lack of Galeforce, typically prefers being a support unit rather than lead. He can still work as a lead but most likely would require more work (ie. dedicating more Rescue bots/Olivia dances for him) in Apotheosis.

Male Avatar, mainly because of his lack of Galeforce, typically prefers being a support unit rather than lead. He can still work as a lead but most likely would require more work (ie. dedicating more Rescue bots/Olivia dances for him) in Apotheosis.

Ok then if he is more support based what would be some good ideas to max out his supportness(Is this a word?)?

PS: can rally skills stack? I was curious about the grandmaster rally skill stacking with others?

Different rallies stack, same ones don't.

My first post still stands: he'll want to either be a Berserker with LB/Agg/AF/All+2/Hit+20 or some variation of that set. Basically be a class that has high Atk, Skl or both, pile on as many +Atk/Hit skills as you can, and throw everything else to the wind.

Different rallies stack, same ones don't.

My first post still stands: he'll want to either be a Berserker with LB/Agg/AF/All+2/Hit+20 or some variation of that set. Basically be a class that has high Atk, Skl or both, pile on as many +Atk/Hit skills as you can, and throw everything else to the wind.

Thanks for your advice.

• 1 month later...