Pokemon Wifi Battle Tournament of Champions (?)

PM ME MARIANNE ART

Hello everyone! I am Duck, and it's been a long time since I made a topic. Since the last pokemon tournament withered away and died, I have come to see if there's interest in making a new one. I don't know if the people here are still into Pokémon or not, so this topic is to see if I can get people to join an organized tournament. Ideally, I'd like 16 people to enter, but we can work with different numbers if necessary. I don't really care for Challonge, but if that's the best way to do it I will be glad to use it.

Anyway, here are the rules (these are subject to change if there's lots of complaints):

Single Battle, best two out of three, double elimination

The only banned pokemon are the ones banned from in-game battle facilities (major legendaries and that stuff; this can be changed)

ORAS exclusive pokemon megas/moves are allowed, and if you only have X/Y, please inform us so your opponents can change their team if necessary

You may change teams between opponents, not between battles

Both you and your opponent must confirm that you won or lost after each battle (It might be easier to just post the replay code/replay link)

That said, showdown is allowed if it's the only option you have

Please give feedback and enter if you are interested!

Current entries:

Duck

Comet

(Tentatively) Blah2127

Edited by Duck Lancelot

I'd love to enter, but I'd lose terribly given my current Pokemon battle track record, and the fact that I only have one properly EV-trained Pokemon (my three-star Chlorophyll tanky Sunny Day/Solarbeam/Moonlight/Dazzling Gleam Bellossom). I did put my Kingdra through Super Training as well, but its EV spread could still be better. Plus, I don't have all of my planned final team yet (I still want to add Mega Lopunny, Rapidash, Zebstrika, and one more Pokemon I forgot...).

Otherwise, I'd totally enter...

would showdown be okay? I SHOULD READ

and sure i guess.

Awesome

got you fam

I'd love to enter, but I'd lose terribly given my current Pokemon battle track record, and the fact that I only have one properly EV-trained Pokemon (my three-star Chlorophyll tanky Sunny Day/Solarbeam/Moonlight/Dazzling Gleam Bellossom). I did put my Kingdra through Super Training as well, but its EV spread could still be better. Plus, I don't have all of my planned final team yet (I still want to add Mega Lopunny, Rapidash, Zebstrika, and one more Pokemon I forgot...).

Ah well, that's alright

Maybe next time

6 on 6 single battle, preferably in game but showdown works too; best 2 out of three

Awesome

Hell yeah! Six vs six is IMO the most strategic kind of battle. I was, however, talking about the logistics of time and place. Admittedly not too familiar with how to do this. Do we exchange friend codes or something?

Hell yeah! Six vs six is IMO the most strategic kind of battle. I was, however, talking about the logistics of time and place. Admittedly not too familiar with how to do this. Do we exchange friend codes or something?

Yeah, you'll exchange friend codes (or showdown names) and arrange a time to battle with your opponent

I won't be too hard on time limits, but if someone disappears and I can't get a hold of them for a couple days, they'll have to be DQed and their opponent will move on

Really though I don't expect that to happen and I'm not a strict person so if you need a couple days it'll be fine

Yeah, you'll exchange friend codes (or showdown names) and arrange a time to battle with your opponent

I won't be too hard on time limits, but if someone disappears and I can't get a hold of them for a couple days, they'll have to be DQed and their opponent will move on

Really though I don't expect that to happen and I'm not a strict person so if you need a couple days it'll be fine

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Incidentally, I am 6 hours ahead of EST due to living in Prague, so please take that into consideration.

Oh, and for some advice, it's actually much easier to EV train if you use horde encounters. Look it up on Nugget Bridge for more info. Also if you name your Lopunny Mr Bun that would be an awesome Calvin and Hobbes reference. You could also use battle simulators to perfect your team without in game work.