Mostly My Unit art for now I guess

dapperlace

I may as well! These are all pretty rough/design ideas, but I'm hoping to make more paintings soon. I just don't like starting without having really good direction first.

tumblr_nhbi1scHK21rek492o1_1280.png

This is what my unit's outfit looks like under the coat. Yikes! I hope the forum resizes these. Otherwise I may need to remove this one, it's kinda big-lookin'. (I also didn't find any rule for specific image sizes when uploaded through URLs. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

tumblr_nhzynh2Aum1rek492o1_540.png

Her grandmaster design, more appropriately sized, thankfully.

tumblr_nlafkfceOM1rek492o1_1280.png

Tentative design for a crossover/AU project I'm (hopefully) doing.

tumblr_nk6ybjgpuy1tl2wvao1_r1_1280.png

And finally the thing from my icon/signature. It's what I imagine her custom Smash Bros colors would be, because I'm a dork. As you may be able to tell, her eye color changed recently, based on personal preference.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love it when artists design their own take on their MUs. Love the personalised take.

That being said, wow. I really like your detailing and usage of color! I also like how everything is very clean. I'd say my favorite design is the white Grandmaster one. Gorgeous.

Nice to see another good artist around! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

oh man

Some of these are... really cool, actually. Loving some of the armor designs there, and the Grandmaster jacket redesign is looking fantastic. Definitely keep this up!

You have really nice art and a good eye. Welcome to forum and post more!

Thank you very much! I'll certainly do my best to!

She seems somewhat tall for a person who's 4'9".

Either way, I love your MUs design. Are you by any chance writing FE fanfics with your art as promotional material or something?

Yeah, getting her height down is still giving me some trouble. Hopefully I can get it down haha.

I don't really write fanfiction so much as snippets of personal headcanons, or synopses of a backstory. I love delving into the unexplained parts of Awakening, or expanding on things, but I'm not really confident enough to write, haha.

I absolutely love it when artists design their own take on their MUs. Love the personalised take.

That being said, wow. I really like your detailing and usage of color! I also like how everything is very clean. I'd say my favorite design is the white Grandmaster one. Gorgeous.

Nice to see another good artist around! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks! The Grandmaster is actually my favorite too. I'm actually working on two different poses to do a painting for it. Hopefully that works out.

oh man

Some of these are... really cool, actually. Loving some of the armor designs there, and the Grandmaster jacket redesign is looking fantastic. Definitely keep this up!

Thanks a bunch! I'll definitely try to. I have a bit more time to draw during the weekend so there will be more art in my life.

The red dress really makes that last one look great. I love your take on the character and i'm excited to see more.

Thanks! Someone suggested I base her custom Smash design on her custom grandmaster colors and I'm really grateful for it because it definitely worked out.

That Berserker avi...you're amazing. Excellent drawings all, looking forward to more work from you (especially if you do any more Fate related work)!

Aw, thanks! I actually know who I'm going to use for each of the other classes and masters too. I just have so much I want to draw I'm not sure when I'm going to get it all done. Eep.

Amazing work! Everything looks great, especially the Grandmaster design, it's incredible. Wish I was this good with digital art, but I suck at it, that's why I stick with traditional xD

Edited by Haon

Dapperlace, daughter of Pirate Dunban! Arrrrr...

Something seems off about the hair, but it might just be a trick of the eye.

Amazing work! Everything looks great, especially the Grandmaster design, it's incredible. Wish I was this good with digital art, but I suck at it, that's why I stick with traditional xD

Thank you very much! I suck at traditional right now, so we're even!

Dapperlace, daughter of Pirate Dunban! Arrrrr...

Something seems off about the hair, but it might just be a trick of the eye.

Well, she does have way too much of it. But that's how I like it. HUHUEH.

CCbj2VgUIAAXURT.png

Does she look short enough yet ;;

CCcVjGqUEAI8XvK.png

CCh5mUxUgAEwuhz.png

@w@ Such attention to detail. I really like the ruffled skirt but really like the Grandmaster in general~ Your style is really nice and I wanna see more (followed you on tumblr :3c)

@w@ Such attention to detail. I really like the ruffled skirt but really like the Grandmaster in general~ Your style is really nice and I wanna see more (followed you on tumblr :3c)

Thank you! I'm hoping to do more headcanon-related sketches once this big painting thing is over and I finish up some commissions.

I didn't do much browsing this weekend. Lots of art in my weekend, and now I have to return to the Monday through Friday work time. Woo...

From my twitter:

CDAfNheVIAAkit8.png

CDAfM8XUUAAROI4.png

... That's the Balmung, right?

The weapon of choice for the great swordmaster Shanan. It's said that, in the Last Holy War in Jugdral, he cut down every enemy alone, and took very little damage.

I'm not entirely sure. I referenced the Kights of Iris book's sword section, but it's not strictly an in-game blade so much as a mish-mash of what I wanted her sword to be. This particular blade is called the Mother, and she made it with Cordelia for headcanon friendship reasons because I'm a dorky dumb dumb /)//////(\

• 2 weeks later...

My, my! Your artistry is beautiful! I'm somewhat jealous. My only criticism would be on the one from your Twitter lacks shading--looking a l'il 2-D...but it's still better than I could do! Brilliant! A very interesting character-design.

I have to say that's absolutely astonishing! The shading and colors looks incredible, but there's one thing that's bothering me, the eyepatch, for some reason, this last one does not looks good as the others, it seems too flat against the face rather than a something that's covering the eye, and also the covered eye seems to be a bit misaligned but other than that , it's gorgeous.

Edited by Haon

Can I just say your art is gorgeous? Like, wow, this is so superbly well done. Also white haired femu best femu

Bonus points for fate stuff.

White haired MU is best MU!

And thank you! My hand was wanting to quit, it was getting tired of this picture.

Ah, yes, the Fate AU that I still need to draw way more of. ;;

My, my! Your artistry is beautiful! I'm somewhat jealous. My only criticism would be on the one from your Twitter lacks shading--looking a l'il 2-D...but it's still better than I could do! Brilliant! A very interesting character-design.

Thank you very much! The shots from my twitter tend to be works in progress, so that might explain it, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

My floor is being completely redone, so I don't have as much time to draw. I kind of lost the stride I hit. =(

I also went for a one-layer drawing again, which was actually pretty fun:

tumblr_no4briQS301rek492o1_1280.png

I haven't used colors that saturated in a long time.

• 1 month later...