Spotpass and Einherjar

Sentacotus

So they haven't been confirmed nor denied yet but how do you guys feel about spotpass characters/maps and Einherjar characters returing? What characters from Awakening do you think would make it as Einherjar characters?

Einherjar are the cards of characters from previous games you get once you beat their DLC chapters.

Personally, I enjoyed the spotpass maps as they were far more challenging than the regular story maps and you could unlock more characters my favorite unlockable being Priam in Awakening. As far as the Einherjar from the DLC I thought it was a nice little addition to the game and a good nod to the past titles I was just kinda disappointed that they used generic avatars to build them save for Marth who got a unique class and appearence. I get that there are some limits with remaining in the art style and all but if they were to be implemented in the future then I'd hope that they'd have unique looks to them closer to how they originally appeared.

Although I gotta admit they did use it as kinda a cheap way to bring back people like Emmeryn, Gangrel, and Yen'Fay. Then they didn't so much as have supports between Emmeryn and Chrom and Lissa or Yen'Fay and Say'ri. That's what kinda killed it for me more than anything else.

Oh and the fact that spotpass chapters and characters were free was a huge plus as well.

Edited by LordTaco42

I liked the spotpass characters as they still had some personality and characterization to them, but I didn't like the Einherjar.

The Einherjar were really boring in my opinion, their models barely had any accuracy and the lack of any dialogue after you unlocked them just seemed boring to me.

I mean, I know they are that way because they aren't the true image and they're cards, but they clearly still retain a personality as shown from the dialogue when you fight them.

I would enjoy the spotpass 100% more if they removed the stupid bullshit that is bringing dead characters alive oh emeryern fell from an extremely high height lets grieve for the entire game just to realize oh the plot was for nothing she lives. Or gangrel shouldn't be alive at all. I will lose faith in FE 14 if at the end game you can recruit Ryouma and Marx after one dies in the story.

The Einherjar were interesting id like them to return although not with a reason to exist that FE 13 gave them. They need no story like the Bonus characters in previous games like Hector in FE6 where they are simply a reward and aren't given backstory for there sudden existence. Also a bit of nitpicking but they should be renamed because i can't pronounce Einherjar.

While I did like the bonus chapters and characters I really disliked the Einherjar.They were broken as hell and their models were not like their actual designs at all(Save for Marth).I mean I get the generic Spotpass ones that have no DLC connected to them but they could have a t least made unique models for the ones from the actual DLC like they did with Marth.

Much like many other people,while I loved the Spotpass chapters and also having the ability to recruit Emmeryn(Whom is my wife in 98% of my playthroughs)I don't like the massive plotholes regarding the characters.(Like Gangrel said he would basicly crucify Emmeryn's dead body but nope.)

Please, no.

The spotpass characters were bullcrap incarnate. Bringing back dead characters after they were played off for dead? Really? I hope they have bonus maps that don't bring back dead characters, though.

The einherjar need to go and stay go too. FEAwakening was all about fanservice and I don't really see them returning.

Edited by Dracocoa

The common consensus seems to be to bring back SpotPass characters that don't induce massive plotholes and bullshittery, to which I agree wholeheartedly. We need more characters like Priam.

Also, get rid of the Einherjar.

I honestly did not care for the spotpass chapters at all. I understand why they wanted to make story characters playable, but FE6 and FE9 handled this better with the trial maps (except for the insane requirements to get some of them). Having the characters show up in a "surprise! we're not dead!" fashion really ruined a part of the game for me.

As Einherjar go, they were cool. I never really used the DLC characters, but I enjoyed using spotpass ones. However, FE13 was supposed to be a last hurrah for the series, so they wouldn't really fit if they were to be included here.

I liked Einherjar enough that they're the only units I still use while playing FE13, but if they do return, they'd need a few key changes:

- Unique models.

- Supports, at least between each other. If not full length convos, PLEASE let them have RD style supports without dialogue but still get the bonuses.

- If necessary to achieve the above two, Lord characters ONLY. Making 120 models is a lot of work, as is writing all the supports, but if we're limited to Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Micaiah, Chrom, Lucina, and Robin, as well as MAYBE a few other characters like Caeda, Julia, Elincia, or Lilina, it shouldn't be THAT bad.

Spotpass characters are fine so long as they don't randomly come back to life from earlier in the game. I don't like Priam, but he was actually, y'know, not dead previously.

I liked Einherjar enough that they're the only units I still use while playing FE13, but if they do return, they'd need a few key changes:

- Unique models.

- Supports, at least between each other. If not full length convos, PLEASE let them have RD style supports without dialogue but still get the bonuses.

- If necessary to achieve the above two, Lord characters ONLY. Making 120 models is a lot of work, as is writing all the supports, but if we're limited to Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Ike, Micaiah, Chrom, Lucina, and Robin, as well as MAYBE a few other characters like Caeda, Julia, Elincia, or Lilina, it shouldn't be THAT bad.

Yeah those are my biggest things with the addable characters they should have supports at least with the obvious units like Emmeryn should support with the people she's directly related to that just makes sense. I agree about making unique models for the main characters since they are kinda a big deal you know.

If I had to prioritize I would say:

-Unique spotpass characters (like Priam no one coming back from the dead)

-Supports between more characters

-Include main lord Einherjar

-Unique models for Einherjar

I did like the Priam bonus map, and the Aversa one was interesting. In terms of ressurecting dead characters, both Walhart and Aversa are fought twice as bosses, so I really can't say that I'm annoyed by "plotholes".

I personally loved that Walhart came back from the outrealms.

I know it pretty much defeats the purpose of the whole "dethrone the conqueror" thing but Walhart was one of my favorite characters from Awakening so just getting a chance to play with him was cool and really interesting to me. His avatar support and conversations through DLC were also interesting to listen to, even if they were all about his character exaggeration of "CONQUER EVERYTHING". I also liked Priam, and Aversa's map. The other spotpass characters kind of made the story less impactful in the end, but I still would like to see them return for more content and fun if nothing else.

I personally loved that Walhart came back from the outrealms.

last i recall it was yen'fey that came from the outrealms, walhart himself literally came back from the dead i think.

I really liked the idea of the extra SpotPass maps, difficult, extra maps that you got access to right before the final battle. It was fun as a concept. However, I don't like the fact that they used them as a vehicle to bring back dead characters, especially Emmeryn. That whole concept was pretty cheesy.

Einherjar and Spotpass characters on the other hand were complete fanservice and I never used any of them. The entire purpose behind the inclusion of those characters seemed to be IS's way of going out with a bang and giving people access to all of those old characters just in case FE:A ended up being the last game after all. For me, it was a complete break of immersion to have characters from old FE games trotting around so I just never used any of them. If I want to play a game with Seliph or Marth or Lyn or whoever on my team, I'll go play those games, not halfassedly shove them into a different one. I hope this mechanic doesn't come back, but it's not a game breaker for me, since I can just ignore it like I did in FE:A if it returns.

last i recall it was yen'fey that came from the outrealms, walhart himself literally came back from the dead i think.

Walhart wasn't literally dead. He was defeated in battle, but managed to survive like Camus and many other characters in the series.

Spotpass characters are cool and all, but please, don't make it dead people that miraculously live. It causes inconsistencies in the story, and feels like FE has become a show that jumped the shark. I have to agree that the Spotpass characters should be more like Priam, in which the character was never killed in the main story.

I'm meh about Einherjars. I don't like them filling up my army, yet it's kinda cool to have a past FE character fight with you (despite that, I hate their in-game models havinf carbon copied MU heads)

For the Spotpass characters I would LOVE more mercenary characters like Priam, Anna, and Farina to be different from the more patriotic characters the either side will be filled with.

To be honest, I brought all of the DLCs mainly just to support Awakening so pretty much DLCs such as Marth, Roy and others were some that I never used. I will buy all the DLCs inevitable, so hopefully the model will be more accurate to their art portray and be more than just a customized Avatar. That is of course if they do return.

Edited by Awakener_

To be honest, I brought all of the DLCs mainly just to support Awakening so pretty much DLCs such as Marth, Roy and others were some that I never used. I will buy all the DLCs inevitable, so hopefully the model will be more accurate to their art portray and be more than just a customized Avatar. That is of course if they do return.

I actually thought the Awakening DLC was very good especially in the variety of what was offered. Packs like Rogues and Reedemers and Gaffe pack were legitamately useful and I use them over and over again while the scramble pack is just for fun and future past by far has an amazing story in its own right that could of maybe even been its own game IMO.

I don't mind having Spotpass content and Einherjar characters in FE:if.

However, for the case of Einherjars, I don't mind having fewer Einherjar characters (limited to protagonists, fan favorites, etc.) in the game if it means better quality (ie. unique character models and possibly unique character dialogue). Plus, Avatar Logbook could only hold 99 of any combination of Spotpass Einherjars, DLC Einherjars and Streetpass avatars, which in a way stinks since there's over 130 Einherjar characters in Awakening.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Walhart wasn't literally dead. He was defeated in battle, but managed to survive like Camus and many other characters in the series.

Oh, really?

I can't believe I read that wrong considering I've replayed Awakening, like, 4 times.

Thanks for the correction.

I actually thought the Awakening DLC was very good especially in the variety of what was offered. Packs like Rogues and Reedemers and Gaffe pack were legitamately useful and I use them over and over again while the scramble pack is just for fun and future past by far has an amazing story in its own right that could of maybe even been its own game IMO.

I agree, I loved Awakening's DLC. It was awesome. There were so many cool maps thrown in, too, like the one with the spikes on the ground that I forget the name of.

I really liked the idea of the extra SpotPass maps, difficult, extra maps that you got access to right before the final battle. It was fun as a concept. However, I don't like the fact that they used them as a vehicle to bring back dead characters, especially Emmeryn. That whole concept was pretty cheesy.

Einherjar and Spotpass characters on the other hand were complete fanservice and I never used any of them. The entire purpose behind the inclusion of those characters seemed to be IS's way of going out with a bang and giving people access to all of those old characters just in case FE:A ended up being the last game after all. For me, it was a complete break of immersion to have characters from old FE games trotting around so I just never used any of them. If I want to play a game with Seliph or Marth or Lyn or whoever on my team, I'll go play those games, not halfassedly shove them into a different one. I hope this mechanic doesn't come back, but it's not a game breaker for me, since I can just ignore it like I did in FE:A if it returns.

I also never used any Einherjar for that exact reason.

Edited by Sroy

Realistically, even if they drop the number of Einherjar to 100 or so, I don't see them getting unique exclusive models. However, they should have better generic models this time since they'll know from the start when designing the Avatar pieces that they might be used for past characters, so we'll likely see an hair style with a headband, for example, or a standard long haired hair style for girls. Anyway, giving them some generic quotes and even a couple of supports shouldn't be hard. Their lack of speech in Awakening seemed to be more like an engine issue than anything (since they were mostly custom avatars using the mute avatar script), considering how they had no problems giving them three unique lines for the spotpass stuff or battle lines and death lines in the DLC.

Now, the paid DLC characters are the ones that hopefully will be more unique here.

Spotpass was really neat, The Einherjar I guess were cool, but I felt at the very least the paid Einherjar shoulda got their own unique models(Marth did I guess but it was really just Lucina's right? >.>) So yeah. Spotpass I'd like back, Einherjar not so much if they're just gonna use the avatar as a basis for them.