Is the VC version easier?

Sentacotus

So recently I've been playing through FE7 on the Wii U and have been enjoying the hell out of it but I have to ask does anyone know of the difficulty being lowered? I seem to remember them lowering the difficulty of Metroid Prime 1 and 2 on the Trilogy release and it wouldn't suprise me if they did the same here. It just seems like I get ALOT more battles in my favor landing hits at like 53% and such. Granted random bs does happen like Erk getting crited against a boss with a 1% chance. However, it just seems this game is alot easier than it was on the GBA leveling up in particular is far easier than I remember with most characters needing at most 2 kills (most of the time just 1) to level up. I'm playing on normal mode as its my first time through on the VC version but still it just seems easier.

I could of just gotten better as when I first played it back in 2003 I had no idea what I was doing and made alot of errors like overusing Marcus and not leveling up the lords since I was afraid of them dying. So it could be just me.

I think you just got better. 2003 was 12 years ago XD

In comparison, Nintendo is probably too lazy to change anything for Virtual Console releases.

I figured as much but shit man I remember having to restart levels left and right because my lords kept dying or I kept losing good units and leveling up seemed to be the hardest thing ever.

I'm almost 100% sure its just a straight port. I will say if you ever wanted save states, now you have em' I guess.

Yeah I saw that I guess its kinda like battle saves in RD but I tend to play without them.

Yeah, it's exactly what Vincent said. I was playing FE7 RR (in which your units are actually probably worse as a whole in Lyn mode) and i plowed through that shit in like half an hour. I think i only had to restart like twice; once because I put Nils (who was actually Bard Florina) in the range of a ballista and someone else and another where I had Sain equipped with an Iron Sword with only 6 defense going against two soldiers, a boss, an Axereaver Soldier, a Lancereaver Merc, a Swordreaver Brigand, and a Ballistician.

Yeah, it's exactly what Vincent said. I was playing FE7 RR (in which your units are actually probably worse as a whole in Lyn mode) and i plowed through that shit in like half an hour. I think i only had to restart like twice; once because I put Nils (who was actually Bard Florina) in the range of a ballista and someone else and another where I had Sain equipped with an Iron Sword with only 6 defense going against two soldiers, a boss, an Axereaver Soldier, a Lancereaver Merc, a Swordreaver Brigand, and a Ballistician.

Yeah man I must have just been god awful when I played it for the first time. By God awful I mean somehow finding a way to lose Lyn in the first chapter awful or lose to Glass Joe status.

Yeah I played Blazing Sword first and I was pretty bleh, now I play it and its like.. I had issues with this? Although Battle Before Dawn still manages to annoy me.