Project X Zone 2. It's out everywhere now.

Jedi

I never got the whole "it takes too long" argument when in general srpgs are slow, if you know what you're doing in PXZ you can destroy a good chunk of enemies super fast too.

It may get a tad repetitive but all srpgs do, its not something unique to PXZ itself. At least you're involved with how the flashy moves in PXZ go, instead of watching animations. (Yes I know skipping them as an option speeds up the process in said games)

Then again I've also heard the HP sponge complaint about Xenoblade too so *shrugs* people seem to want enemies to be instantaneously defeatable it seems with little to no effort on that of the player.

I will admit PXZ got a bit carried away late game with it, but before then the only thing was that there was a massive amount of enemies to compensate for your really powerful units. Kinda like Super Robot Wars.

Also the turn system changing in PXZ2 alone should help people feel in more "control" as from what I've seen its more Player Phase and Enemy Phase instead of Speed Stats determining turn order.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think the thing about "HP sponge enemies" is overblown since they're rather rare for the majority of the game (it wasn't until late in the game where enemies that needed more than 2 battles to drop showed up frequently). Also, am I the only one here who felt countering generally was situational as opposed to defending when attacked, in addition to not being very useful against most bosses?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

PxZ was boring until I turned it into a LTC. There's a really early chapter that could be two-turned, but required two Toma crits, and Toma was one of the hardest to score crits with FSR.

If the mechanics stay the same, I might do something similar with this game. Hopefully, it won't be as slow as the first one was (where baiting enemies out and then ORKOing them was the safest way of winning).

If the mechanics stay the same, I might do something similar with this game. Hopefully, it won't be as slow as the first one was (where baiting enemies out and then ORKOing them was the safest way of winning).

Well, there's a system in place where if a unit defeats an enemy, they get an attack bonus the next turn; if they defeat another enemy in that turn, it goes up higher. It can be can be chained up to three times before the bonus stops increasing.

Also, from the level shown of at the demo event, there doesn't appear to be massive amounts of reinforcements.

Edited by The DanMan

Looks like it could be loads of fun. I don't know if we'll ever see it outside Japan but hey I'd try it. At first I thought people were complaining about Natsu from Fairy Tail being in and wondered why but then I saw it was some random Soul Calibur character.

Edited by LordTaco42

Looks like it could be loads of fun. I don't know if we'll ever see it outside Japan but hey I'd try it. At first I thought people were complaining about Natsu from Fairy Tail being in and wondered why but then I saw it was some random Soul Calibur character.

Its been confirmed to be coming to the west for some time now.

Oh well goodie. Another to add to the ever expanding wish list...

Ya bro, 2/16/16 is the NA release date.

it really irritates me that Lucina's page has her official artwork missing her brand. Her in game animations seem to include it at least.

You know considering PXZ is super attention to detail, its odd they'd miss that of all things.

We are talking about a game which in some peoples attack strings reference glitches, advanced fighting game competitive combos, and an assortment of media even animated features not just their games. Just to name a few things.

Since PXZ prefers more "realistically" proportioned characters as a whole, and no mascots for the most part barring say 2 or 3 characters who also fit in this realistic proportion.

Or at least humanoid in nature. IMO the most likely candidates are from

More FE

More Xenoblade

F-Zero

Zelda

Earthbound

Kid Icarus

Metroid

If there are other Nintendo characters at all

Edited by Jedi

Since PXZ prefers more "realistically" proportioned characters as a whole, and no mascots for the most part barring say 2 or 3 characters who also fit in this realistic proportion.

Or at least humanoid in nature. IMO the most likely candidates are from

More FE

More Xenoblade

F-Zero

Zelda

Earthbound

Kid Icarus

Metroid

If there are other Nintendo characters at all

Nazo no Murasame Jō

Punch Out!!

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Golden Sun

Nazo no Murasame Jō

Punch Out!!

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Golden Sun

Thank you, for some reason I didn't think of those 4 as well, PXZ does like more obscure series at points. So honestly those might have a better shot than any I named.

Well, there's a system in place where if a unit defeats an enemy, they get an attack bonus the next turn; if they defeat another enemy in that turn, it goes up higher. It can be can be chained up to three times before the bonus stops increasing.

Also, from the level shown of at the demo event, there doesn't appear to be massive amounts of reinforcements.

On grunt levels, this sounds like a recipe for overleveling someone (whoever snowballs their attack).

On boss levels, this sounds like it could be interesting. . .as long as the final boss isn't a solo battle.

It'll happen just to spite you eclipse :P:

Do we even have our original main characters for this yet?

I'm actually kinda surprised we haven't seen Kogoro and Mii yet. I guess Reiji and Xiaomu could be taking back the role, since they were the protagonists of Namco x Capcom.

Edited by Jedi

I'm actually kinda surprised we haven't seen Kogoro and Mii yet. I guess Reiji and Xiaomu could be taking back the role, since they were the protagonists of Namco x Capcom.

I want to see them again, especially if it means we get a remix of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U62QCxy5jsg

Edited by Tsunami922

It'll happen just to spite you eclipse :P:

Ditto. I'd have expected them to have been confirmed by now...

On another note, if Reiji and Xiaomu ARE the main characters, would this mean Saya's the Big Bad again?

Ditto. I'd have expected them to have been confirmed by now...

On another note, if Reiji and Xiaomu ARE the main characters, would this mean Saya's the Big Bad again?

Possibly, tbh I wouldn't be shocked, but considering PXZ1... Who the heck even knows?

Also I expect an Awakening boss, and maybe Metal Face from Xenoblade.

Possibly, tbh I wouldn't be shocked, but considering PXZ1... Who the heck even knows?

Also I expect an Awakening boss, and maybe Metal Face from Xenoblade.

I'm not sure what's going on with the roster of this one. For example, Estelle was replaced with Flynn, so people thought she'd be a solo unit... but then they put Zagi (a minor villian) in instead.

There's some really odd and confusing choices (and non-choices). But, as you said, the first one had it's oddball parts of the roster.

I'm not sure what's going on with the roster of this one. For example, Estelle was replaced with Flynn, so people thought she'd be a solo unit... but then they put Zagi (a minor villian) in instead.

There's some really odd and confusing choices (and non-choices). But, as you said, the first one had it's oddball parts of the roster.

To be fair, Zagi Is the most prolific villain in Vesperia in spite of only being a minor one, as he fights you 5 times over the course of the game - I'd have been surprised if any other villain from said game got in. And fwiw, Yuri DID reference him late in the first game.

I'm wondering how they are getting choices in this games case, considering PXZ1 was all Japanese preferenced characters.

Now we see some more Western popular ones and various oddities.