The symbols shown in the dancer's eye are different in each trailer?

Ryo

While I don't know if we should read too much into this, but I find it interesting that the symbols aren't exactly the same. The one shown in the second trailer has a much sharper shape like some sort of weapon, so her eye kinda resemble a compass. I tried to capture her face in the exact same angle to compare:

[spoiler=Still images]

First trailer:

5iSxUmX.png

Second trailer:

BHqW0hr.png

[spoiler=GIF]

oRzSgNL.gif

Well, that's odd. I obviously have no leads as to what it can mean, but there's definitely more to Lancer Lady than meets the eye (pun unfortunately intended). I just wonder if she's genuinely a "good guy" or if she's deserving of Kamui...dragon-choking her underwater?

Well, that's odd. I obviously have no leads as to what it can mean, but there's definitely more to Lancer Lady than meets the eye (pun unfortunately intended). I just wonder if she's genuinely a "good guy" or if she's deserving of Kamui...dragon-choking her underwater?

Plot twist: she's the big bad.

Upon closer inspection those black spots appear to be birds of some kind, perhaps ravens or crows?

I think it's clear she wants to join Kamui's caws.

Hey, that's my avatar's line, lol.

But yeah, I definitely agree with Crysta that it would be interesting for Lancer Lady to be the final boss. Since she seems to join you no matter which faction you choose, she would be like your Delilah, whispering lies and platitudes to you as she tries to corrupt you.

Not sure about the eye from the first trailer, but the eye from the second one appears to have the Hoshido symbol in it.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/april-2015-nintendo-direct/hoshido0.jpg

You can see the hole in the middle and the four spikes coming out of the center.

Perhaps the eye symbol changes depending on which path you take? :o

The reflection in the first picture looks a lot like Marx. Crown and dark clothing and appears to be on some kind of mount.

While I wouldn't look too far into what's in her eye, I'd look into what it implies. Maybe Dancer's a seer of some sort.

Not sure about the eye from the first trailer, but the eye from the second one appears to have the Hoshido symbol in it.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/april-2015-nintendo-direct/hoshido0.jpg

You can see the hole in the middle and the four spikes coming out of the center.

the still from the second trailer also has her wearing the white outfit which iirc is the one associated with the Hoshido? I could be completely misremembering tho

good catch

Yeah, I was making that comparison just now, though I don't see the Nohr symbol in the other eye so I didn't really say anything, as I just feel like I'm reaching here

it looks to me like while you may not be able to see much of the symbol in her eye, you can definitely see the diamond in the center of it in the first image, just like in the second you can see the circle in the middle

D0uPeFR.png

YkWUagn.png

Edited by Euklyd

Plot twist: she's the big bad.

You know if makes sense plot wise that might actually be a cool plot twist, I've seen games have stranger characters turn out to be the main villain.

Does this look more like a 90 degree flipped Nohr symbol now?

p3OURSh.png

I think we definitely have a winner here. A bit of messing around with the angle and lighting and poof

vAUnnoe.png

Tadaaaaah

the rivet in the center is completely different than where it used to be

I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly, but the symbol is rotating and slightly moving inside her eye the entire time the camera's zooming in.

Edit: Just in case, also note that the modified image I posted is flipped horizontally because I thought it made the symbol slightly more visible.

Edited by Cysx