2HU FOR DUMMIES

ZemZem

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and now this thread has already blossomed to the point of making touhou look unapproachable again

gg

It did?

Did you try MoP yet, speaking of? I remember you showed interest the other day.

It did?

Did you try MoP yet, speaking of? I remember you showed interest the other day.

there was an op that started on a decent note and ended on a bad note (zeem, stressing the sheer number of shit in a thing with words like hundreds makes a thing look less approachable, not more) and then it was four pages of people talking about stuff i don't understand and i'm just confused all over again

i didn't, i've been swamped in work. it's on my "things i want to do next weekend or maybe on wednesday" list

(zeem, stressing the sheer number of shit in a thing with words like hundreds makes a thing look less approachable, not more)

well fuck

I knew I screwed something up. I'm shit at explaining things anyway. Seemed like a good idea in theory, but like always, I botch the execution.

*pats ZM*

at least you tried and that is the only thing that counts

we were all motivated in "supporting" you after all... somehow...

i mean look at that 5 pages

or not...

im sorry its my fault

I should not have caused everyone to die from diabeetus or Alice --> dere

Alice --> dere is really sad

im sorry ZM

maybe i should have just posted the pics and leave

there was an op that started on a decent note and ended on a bad note (zeem, stressing the sheer number of shit in a thing with words like hundreds makes a thing look less approachable, not more) and then it was four pages of people talking about stuff i don't understand and i'm just confused all over again

i didn't, i've been swamped in work. it's on my "things i want to do next weekend or maybe on wednesday" list

Oh, I see.

Play IN Easy to kind of ease yourself into the games. Upper difficulties/EX stages are pretty hard, as one can expect.

IN Easy has low bullet counts and easy to understand patterns. The border team last spell window has enough time to enjoy a nice cup of coffee, overall, it's pretty easy. You can also increase starting lives at the cost of points, so there's that.

Number of fangames is a lot, yeah. But knowing which ones suit your tastes is the first step to feeling comfortable with it. East Chemblem is basically FE with Touhou characters, so if you run Windows 7, perhaps try that. No one said that to be a Touhou fan you have to play every fangame, I doubt anyone here has, and I certainly know I haven't.

Stuff you don't understand: Basically, we were:

1. Debating whether or not Phantasmagoria of Flower View is good. Personally, I'm not a fan, but some people are into vs. shooters so eh.

2. Scoring system talk. Touhou scores get high fast, and every game is different regarding score calculation. Ones we mentioned were Undefined Fantastic Object's, which amouted to grabbing lots of Blue UFOs to feed point items to (UFOs gather items on screen when summoned), Ten Desires', aka grab blue spirits to increase point item value, autocollect, and when there's a lot of spirits, activate TD's "trance" mode to increase the values of spirits, and Subterranean Animism's, which involved grazing as many bullets as possible to keep point items heading your way.

3. Posting portions of the OST we happened to like.

god glac i'm so glad you learned not to post videos without URLS.

Meh I just think the series is quite accessible for a shooter. Plenty of difficulties to keep a newbie satisfied with a variety of shotypes to use and generally quite polished and nice looking games.

ZUN is like a god

well he IS a god

so there is that

satori komeijis theme and mima podd theme best themes in existence

also shez

stop trolling glac :v

Kanako's theme though

Oh yeah, I'm sure Glac is losing sleep right now over me pretending to act like everyone else itt

Shezzy you goofball.

god glac i'm so glad you learned not to post videos without URLS.

Meh I just think the series is quite accessible for a shooter. Plenty of difficulties to keep a newbie satisfied with a variety of shotypes to use and generally quite polished and nice looking games.

Knee I am the person who bugs people in HHH to limit to two embeds/page.

I've known how to link vids for quite some time.