[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

Thanks for the tip!

With the release of that animation, looks like Nereid will be getting a new class tree along with other characters who haven't shown up yet.

Hell yes

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently up to Chapter 9.

I lost track of who fights for what a long time ago. However, I DO like the return of Eli.

Relina and Ulysses are pulling a lot of weight on this team, with Evan and Artemis not far behind. Artemis gets Hezul, because she could use the boost.

Hi thank you for a fun game hack.

finally i got to chapter 13 and can't wait to see another chapter.

i will cheer you up plz figthing ha ha

the idea of fast clear it so damn fun.

in hard mode i got kill from poison magic so often ah but it so fun please continue your work

and thank you again form create this hack

Lose track how? You mean from Corrupt Theocracy or because SGW isn't making it clear/interesting enough?

There's so many characters that I'm having a hell of a time keeping track of who fights for what, and why.

I'm keeping a notepad file to try and keep track of everything. But what would really help would be a world map, so we can better visualise things rather than just have a set of names and nowhere to really reference them to (beyond what we've managed to pick up in cut scenes. I remember things better when I can link traits to a visual location). I'm not saying to smash the FE8 rom to pieces trying to incorporate one; a quick paint job in the OP would suffice.

Apologies if one exists and I'm just being thick, but I can't find one anywhere.

Hi thank you for a fun game hack.

finally i got to chapter 13 and can't wait to see another chapter.

i will cheer you up plz figthing ha ha

the idea of fast clear it so damn fun.

in hard mode i got kill from poison magic so often ah but it so fun please continue your work

and thank you again form create this hack

Glad you enjoyed it!

There's so many characters that I'm having a hell of a time keeping track of who fights for what, and why.

There certainly are a lot of characters. I'll try and simplify things in the future.

Some R button descriptions have country of origin, I think. Not enough, though.

If I had the time I'd look into seeing how to add unit skills to the character page instead of using the space in the R-menu, but sadly I don't.

I'm keeping a notepad file to try and keep track of everything. But what would really help would be a world map, so we can better visualise things rather than just have a set of names and nowhere to really reference them to (beyond what we've managed to pick up in cut scenes. I remember things better when I can link traits to a visual location). I'm not saying to smash the FE8 rom to pieces trying to incorporate one; a quick paint job in the OP would suffice.

Apologies if one exists and I'm just being thick, but I can't find one anywhere.

I kinda don't like using the world map. In fact, I finally figured out how to completely remove the thing in FE8, so that is something I'm thinking about doing for the next patch (which also means no more press start). As far as a world map like thing could go, I'd rather use the thing I implemented in the newest patch (see MrNight's LP if you don't remember what I mean) as it allowed me to actually show the map where battles in the country would take place.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I just tried out your Hack and so far your use of Music is amazing.

I noticed on the beginning of Chapter 2, you used a piece of soundtrack from Golden Sun. Love it!

Glad you liked the music and the hack!

In other news, started up on progress again after a rough week. Anyone know if there is a public female brigand/berserker map sprite?

I've been so swamped with work lately I haven't been able to do anything, even enjoy my own free time. Don't expect any actual updates until maybe November.

That's totally fine. I hope you do well with your work and are able to make the most of any other time you have.

As for the Brigand/Berserker thing, I took a quick search of FEU and SF, but came up short. That may require some digging, so I wouldn't blame you for using the defaults in the mean time.

Glad you liked the music and the hack!

In other news, started up on progress again after a rough week. Anyone know if there is a public female brigand/berserker map sprite?

Yep,

Female Brigand

female%20brig.png

Credit: eCut and Skitty of Time

Description: Now the ladies can scream battle cries too.

Download

Female Berserker

fem%20zerk.png

Description: Now the ladies can drop axes on heads too.

Download

Yep,

Female Brigand

female%20brig.png

Description: Now the ladies can scream battle cries too.

Download

Female Berserker

fem%20zerk.png

Description: Now the ladies can drop axes on heads too.

Download

Er, he's asking for the map sprites, not the animations

derp

Don't worry it's the thought that counts!

For some small proof that I'm back to work on this. Chapter 16 should be done next weekend. Chapter 17 hopefully by the end of November, however there will not be any screens for chapter 17 for spoiler reasons.

AAK9HHd.pngBZgKpmH.pngVqtW2bP.png

Female Bandits will be called Brigands and Female Berserkers will be called Raiders in the future. They will have slightly different caps (more speed, less str by 1) and growths, but make use of the Rock Climb skill and then Wrath on promotion into Raider.

• 2 weeks later...

Love it!!

Great!

It's been awhile, but at last time for some updates. Hopefully there will be more progress made in the coming weeks, especially in December. I'll try and release the next patch in January. This patch would add on four more chapters and a balanced hard mode. Here are some chapter 16 screens.

VrZSirh.png6pp3AdY.pngLteDhbY.png

yh36Xzr.pngE6oZKuF.pngW3fVlzJ.png

RD7v6sU.pngrrHCVso.pnghXQ5e73.png

NOTE: The bottom middle image is censored for spoiler reasons.

Chapter 16 is a survive mission. It will hopefully be a very challenging chapter, but you get some generic allies to help beat it.