[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Rewind said:

Oh I'm aware of Nereid. I use her to steal. In the latest patch in the Ch. where Artemis joins. I wanted a few gems but she wasn't able to steal them.

I tried to address this in this new patch! As for the heal staff issue, that will require more time to think over how to balance them.

Version 3.3 is here. This patch addresses the following:

1. Updates some of Oreades' skills so that there is more incentive to use him (Notably he can steal now, however he only gets the updated skills if you restart/haven't recruited him when he shows up)

2. Fixes the reinforcement bug

3. Tried to address the chapter 4 steal issue

4. Adds two new chapters (that have actually never been released publicly, even back when I was really working on this three years ago)

The two new chapters haven't been play tested too much, so I'm sorry if they are too easy or buggy. You can find the patch here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1r149fvvd6jyx6/v3.3.zip?dl=0

Reinforcements seem to be glitched again with the later chapters. Chapters 12 and 13 so far in particular. 12's repeat ad nauseum, while 13's come all at once and will overlap each other. I'll try to get past 13 to see if those also freak out if they do have reinforcements

Edit: Also, the boss of chapter 13 has his boss convo for Derek with Nicole. AKA when you initiate combat with Nicole, you get Derek's convo instead of whatever hers is.

Edit 2: Chapter 14 is glitched in that if you kill the female boss, the juda fruit convo occurs (from the beginning of the chapter) and then the chapter goes back to the prep screen with Astrea now starting where she was before the boss kill.

Edited by familyplayer

21 hours ago, familyplayer said:

Reinforcements seem to be glitched again with the later chapters. Chapters 12 and 13 so far in particular. 12's repeat ad nauseum, while 13's come all at once and will overlap each other. I'll try to get past 13 to see if those also freak out if they do have reinforcements

Edit: Also, the boss of chapter 13 has his boss convo for Derek with Nicole. AKA when you initiate combat with Nicole, you get Derek's convo instead of whatever hers is.

Edit 2: Chapter 14 is glitched in that if you kill the female boss, the juda fruit convo occurs (from the beginning of the chapter) and then the chapter goes back to the prep screen with Astrea now starting where she was before the boss kill.

Can you please provide a .sav for the chapter 14 glitch? I did not run into it during my testing.

The chapter 12/13 issue is just a balancing issue, other than the boss convo one.

Edited by Blademaster!

13 hours ago, Blademaster! said:

Can you please provide a .sav for the chapter 14 glitch? I did not run into it during my testing.

The chapter 12/13 issue is just a balancing issue, other than the boss convo one.

Sent the save in a PM. 

I assumed the 12/13 was an issue because 12's reinforcements were the exact same every other turn and it felt like an unnaturally large amount of enemies to repeatedly be shown for so many turns so late in the chapter, and 13's reinforcements stacked on top of each other on the map.

18 hours ago, familyplayer said:

Hint

Hide contents

try the location the enemy holding one originally was standing on at the beginning of the map.

Guess I oughta remember that in the future. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The project isn't dead, however I'm focused on other things right now. I lead a pretty busy life, and the primary reason I made so much progress before was because I was on vacation.

As far as when to expect the next update, I have no idea other than to say sometime this year.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ST34LTH said:

I can't find the Download would love to play the game

The link to the patch is in the first post, along with instructions on how to patch (or at least in the download).

Also, minor update:

I decided to remove reclassing and replace it with third tiers instead (Magic classes only have two tiers however). I didn't feel reclassing was very well balanced, especially when I tried to introduce third tiers into that system, and I wanted to consolidate the available classes. Below is what classes will be available as playable classes:

Generic Classes:
Deserter (Lance) -> Ronin(Sword, Lance, Bow, Axe) -> Watchmen(Sword, Lance, Bow, Axe) - Male only. The armored class line, gives full access to physical weapon triangle and high defense at the cost of some move.

Knight (Only one of Sword/Lance/Axe) -> Paladin(Sword, Lance, Axe) -> Great Knight/Master Knight (Sword, Lance, Axe) - Male only. The mounted horse class line, promoting from Paladin gives the option of the high defense Great Knight Class or the boosted mobility Master Knight class.

Wyvern Rider(Lance, Axe) -> Wyvern Knight (Lance, Axe) -> Wyvern Master(Sword, Lance,  Axe) - Male Only. The flying wyvern class, boasts defense over resistance.

Pegasus Knight(Lance, Sword) -> Falco Knight(Lance, Sword) -> Seraph Knight (Lance, Sword, Staff) - Female only. The flying pegasus class, boasts resistance over defense.

Mercenary (Sword) -> Hero (Sword, Axe) -> Brave (Sword, Axe) - Male and Female. A bulky infantry class. Slightly faster than their soldier line counter part, but with less bulk.

Soldier(Lance) -> Halberdier(Lance) -> Spartan/Valkyrie (Lance, Sword) - Male and Female. A bulky infantry class. Slightly more bulky than their mercenary line counter part, but slower.

Fighter(Axe) -> Warrior (Axe, Bow) -> Tribesman (Axe, Bow) - Male and Female. A class with high power that eventually gains a mount. Low defense, but high con and HP.

Bandit (Axe) -> Berserker (Axe) -> Warlord (Sword, Axe) - Male and Female. A class with high power and speed that forgoes skill and resistance.

Archer (Bow) -> Sniper (Bow) -> Marksman (Bow)  - Male and Female. Masters of the bow, this class has high power, accuracy, and speed.

Myrmidon (Sword) -> Swordmaster (Sword) -> Trueblade (Sword) - Male and Female. Masters of the sword, this class has high speed and avoid.

Mage (Magic) -> Mage Knight (Magic, Staff - C) - Male and female. A magic class that gains a mount on promotion.

Bishop (Light Magic, Staff - B) -> Saint (Light Magic, Staff - S) - Male and female. A magic class that is the master of the staff weapon type. Can only use light magic.

Shaman (Dark Magic) -> Mage Fighter (Sword, Magic) - Male and female. A magic class that boasts high power but low defenses.

Druid (Dark Magic, Staff - B) -> Necromancer (Magic, Staff - A) - Male and female. A magic class that boasts high power, but low speed.

Arcanist (Magic, Staff - E) -> Geomancer (Magic, Staff - B) Male and female. A magic class that boasts high defense.

Cleric (Anima Magic, Staff - D) -> Warpriest/Cleric (Anima and Light Magic, Axe, Staff - B) Cleric is female only. Warpriest is male and female. A magic class that boasts high defense.

Any character that joins in a class not listed above is the only character of that class line you get.

I'm currently back to work on the project, so hopefully I'll have a release of some kind next month.

However something else I want to note is that I decided to shorten the length of the hack by two chapters. This would mean I only have to create three more for the hack to be finished. I am doing this because I think if I don't, this may never get done.

Edited by Blademaster!
Forgot to mention new hack length

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2015 at 6:00 AM, Blademaster! said:

Yes this hack is pretty massive thanks to all the animations, music, and spells added in. I've tried to include everything the community has made so far that I could in it.

I spent ~ three months on corrupt theocracy, ~nine months on sun god's challenge(not including ideas made while working on CT), and ~three months on Sun god's wrath so far.

Thank you! I hope this ends up being at least better than the old version.

Hey when will the sun gods wrath gonna complete its really an amazing hack and also Plz fix the lvl problem as during promotion lvl dont go back to lvl1

14 hours ago, Unknown2 said:

Hey when will the sun gods wrath gonna complete its really an amazing hack and also Plz fix the lvl problem as during promotion lvl dont go back to lvl1

1. I don't know when it'll be complete.

2. That's a feature, not a bug. Level cap is 30. Promoting doesn't reset your level.

10 hours ago, Blademaster! said:

1. I don't know when it'll be complete.

2. That's a feature, not a bug. Level cap is 30. Promoting doesn't reset your level.

Is lvl 30 enough For having all max stats for  3 teir promoting classes i played this patch before its awesome but stats doesnt get To max for any Character

13 hours ago, Unknown2 said:

Is lvl 30 enough For having all max stats for  3 teir promoting classes i played this patch before its awesome but stats doesnt get To max for any Character

The hack is made in mind without the need to max out any stats, so I wouldn't worry about this.