[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A well designed hack but chapter 9 is way too punishing in that its too hard to complete it within 14 turns. Do you mind removing the turn limits so that players can enjoy the hard mode at their own pace instead of rushing to achieve objective everytime? Make it that players dont get any rewards if they exceed the slow win turn limits instead of game over. 

Edited by Jack912
Removed unnecessary content

I'm currently redoing a lot of the chapters to balance out hard mode and capture and have not gotten to chapter 9 (currently on chapter 8). I will keep your comment in mind during testing of that chapter. In regards to the slow clear time, in the chapters where taking too long results in a gameover (I do not believe there are many of them) I will not change these limits as they are there for gameplay/story reasons. The game is designed to be beaten easily within the fast clear time without having to rely on rescue dropping or warp/rescue. The slow turn limits are designed in mind with turn counts that go well beyond how long it should take to finish the chapters.

A brief update:

Play testing is going well. Thanks to all the cool new stuff everyone in the community has created, I added in one new feature and one extra QOL feature thanks to their efforts:

RmXDgQi.pngmfmvucz.pngglzdE0s.png

As you can see, fatigue has been added. Unlike in FE5 though, you get fatigued when your fatigue goes over your durability. I also added in the personal data patch. I added on to it a bit so that you can see what skills a unit will learn at higher levels.

That's all for now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 7:48 PM, Chairman Meow said:

Really looking forward to this one when it's done. I remember playing this around 4 years ago and really enjoying it. Glad to see it still alive

Thank you for the continued support!

hx7PtGn.png

I managed to add in pursuit critical. From the testing I've done so far, it seems to work. I don't believe it functions exactly as it did in FE5 as the formula is instead (crit*PCC) - Luk, but I can't really tell. I tested that it works with brave weapons, against units that don't counter attack, with Aether, Adept, astra, desperation, and assassinate as expected, so I hope it's a fun feature to have.

Maybe I'll remake FE5 when this is finished...

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Unknown2 said:

Hey blade any new updates regarding chapters or perhaps its release

The next release will be the final one when the hack is finished. I don't know how long this will take given how long rebalancing has taken.

In terms of chapter updates, the first 15 chapters have been rebalanced for capture, but only the first 6 have been balanced for hardmode. I'm hoping to have updates on the next completed chapter this weekend or next.

And I was able to reach the goal I set for this weekend!

I decided to add in two more chapters so the chapter flow of the game is Prologue, chapters 1-25, and then final. The two new chapters I'm adding are pretty small and short in some respects. This is one of the new chapters. It's now the first chapter of part 3, the new chapter 15:

eYRDEUI.pngqUPZKov.png
YyvL2SA.pngETEa2rX.png
S95dhs2.pnglMSFN1u.png

Until the next update!

• 3 weeks later...

Small update post:

After months of adding in newly released features in the community, adding in the recent release of the February 2020 skill system, and rebalancing for capture, I am finally caught up to where I was before I started the whole refactoring process, meaning that of the 27 planned chapters, 23 are done. There are only four more chapters to go before the hack is finished, two of which I am hoping can be done quickly as one is small and the other is the final chapter. Once all the chapters are finished, I'll recruit for a final round of playtesting, work on the supports and endings while that is going on, and hopefully release this hack within the year.

The end game is finally so close and it feels so good!

I guess I had less story in mind for chapter 23 than I thought. At this pace, I may finish the bulk of the hack this month.

t91ziDK.pngLOfDcVI.png
qzI0vPv.pngK0UT1hO.png
g76aLbM.png0pbeBKt.png

For the last four chapters, because of stuff I don't want to spoiler, there isn't much I can think to show off. All I'll say is that chapter 23 is very familiar to people who've played a certain FE game.

14 hours ago, SSJAiden said:

Thank you so much!! I played Corrupt Theocracy and loved it, have been tracking this for years, can't wait to play the completed product. You rock!

Thanks! I hope you enjoy this much more than Corrupt Theocracy! I should have the final chapter finished this weeking with the completed release hopefully ready by next month.

11 hours ago, João vitor said:

Im really want to play the final version , Im not going be disapointed , Im sure , when do you think the final version Will be released ? ( Sorry for my bad English kkkkk ) 

As mentioned in the previous post, next month at the earliest.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I'm so impatient it will be the first time i play your hack O-o

Else can you help me for a Riev sprite in the futur : i make this one,it's the first time i do this (I don't know if this is the right place, but you are only here) :

r.png.4ea8773baa6ead17e420d08304ccb24b.png

Edited by judge09

13 hours ago, judge09 said:

OMG I'm so impatient it will be the first time i play your hack O-o

Else can you help me for a Riev sprite in the futur : i make this one,it's the first time i do this (I don't know if this is the right place, but you are only here) :

r.png.4ea8773baa6ead17e420d08304ccb24b.png

You should probably look in the spriting thread for advice. I can't really help with this and I didn't make probably 95% of the graphics used in this hack.

In other news, the "first draft" of all the gameplay for the hack is complete, and while there are still other things to do before the final release is ready, I'm ready to start recruiting new playtesters.

I'm looking to recruit four additional playtesters. I still have some things to tidy up before the patch is ready, along with creating an instruction guide, so I won't send that until the weekend. Regardless, if you're interested in applying, feel free to do so. I will be accepting applicants on a first come first serve basis.

The following are what still needs to be finished before the final release:

* Fixing some spell resizing issues
* Seeing if I can fix the bug with certain characters/classes being capturable when they shouldn’t be
* Supports and endings
* Final rounds of play testing and unit balance
* Any further hardmode changes
* Touching up the unsalvageable story so that it isn’t too long winded and at minimum flows properly without being too confusing (will change things based on playtesting feedback)

Not sure if i can help for these but i can try :

* Fixing some spell resizing issues (Balance or bug ?)
* Seeing if I can fix the bug with certain characters/classes being capturable when they shouldn’t be (I can try)

My big four are :

* Supports and endings (You want others ideas or critics for change, if yes i can help)
* Final rounds of play testing and unit balance (I'm good for this)
* Any further hardmode changes (i'm really good for this)

* Touching up the unsalvageable story so that it isn’t too long winded and at minimum flows properly without being too confusing (will change things based on playtesting feedback) (Ok i can help)

I'm hot and i can try when you want.

Edited by judge09

3 hours ago, judge09 said:

Not sure if i can help for these but i can try :

* Fixing some spell resizing issues (Balance or bug ?)
* Seeing if I can fix the bug with certain characters/classes being capturable when they shouldn’t be (I can try)

My big four are :

* Supports and endings (You want others ideas or critics for change, if yes i can help)
* Final rounds of play testing and unit balance (I'm good for this)
* Any further hardmode changes (i'm really good for this)

* Touching up the unsalvageable story so that it isn’t too long winded and at minimum flows properly without being too confusing (will change things based on playtesting feedback) (Ok i can help)

I'm hot and i can try when you want.

2 hours ago, thctbm said:

playtesters,I'm interested

The only thing you'll have to do for play testing is just play the game and offer recommendations. I'll send you both details this weekend.

Still looking for two more people.

31 minutes ago, Blademaster! said:

The only thing you'll have to do for play testing is just play the game and offer recommendations. I'll send you both details this weekend.

Still looking for two more people.

Sorry, my english is terrible. Is it okay if I'm only going to test out bugs? 

48 minutes ago, Blademaster! said:

"Recommendations"I'm 100 % ok for this and being a tester.

Edited by judge09