[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thctbm said:

Sorry, my english is terrible. Is it okay if I'm only going to test out bugs? 

Yes, that's fine. You can make any recommendation you like such as something being too hard or easy. Finding bugs helps too.

42 minutes ago, LegendOfLoog said:

I'm interested in playtesting if spaces are still available. 

Yes, you are the last slot.

Playtesting applications are now closed.

4 minutes ago, Blademaster! said:

Yes, that's fine. You can make any recommendation you like such as something being too hard or easy. Finding bugs helps too.

Ok

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say. Right now, only two playtesters have finished, and I still have to do the rest of the supports, character endings, the final events of the hack, and the boss conversations that show up in the final chapter. There will probably also be a second round of beta testing based on feedback obtained in the first round.

• 2 weeks later...

Small progress update:

The next final draft version of the hack is done, however I haven't made any progress on new supports as of late. I had a very busy week.

As such, I'm looking to recruit 2 more playtesters for this next round of testing. Please PM me if you wish to apply.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 9:44 PM, Blademaster! said:

DUDE YOUR GAME IS GREAT PLEASE  MAKE FINISH IT THE STORY IS GREAT TOO ESPECIALLY ASTRAS GANG GROUP😃 @FireEmblem is my ID on telegram let's have a chat buddy 

2 hours ago, Morteza said:

DUDE YOUR GAME IS GREAT PLEASE  MAKE FINISH IT THE STORY IS GREAT TOO ESPECIALLY ASTRAS GANG GROUP😃 @FireEmblem is my ID on telegram let's have a chat buddy 

I don't know what telegram is but you can always message me here.

As a small update, play testing progress is going well. Hardmode testing and supports are both halfway done. I don't think it'll be ready for a final release in May as I will be very busy this week, but the final release is getting closer and closer. If this isn't done by July at the latest, I'll be a bit sad.

It's will be great I think because you been working on it about 5 years and finally you will made it have HOPE GOOD LUCK!!!🙂(and if you can make normal mode more easy) 

Edited by Morteza

On 5/19/2020 at 7:15 PM, Morteza said:

It's will be great I think because you been working on it about 5 years and finally you will made it have HOPE GOOD LUCK!!!🙂(and if you can make normal mode more easy) 

I hope so!

18 hours ago, Thorgrun said:

YAAY its almost done-ish!! 😄 

Thank you for your continued support!

Because I also haven't updated the thread in awhile, I figured I'd give another "bigger" update after a month.

Currently, 237/358 supports are finished and no endings are done.

Two playtesters have finished hard mode and there are recommendations of theirs that I need to implement to help balance certain units.

I am awaiting other recommendations from other players, but we continue to find bugs and typos and are making good progress. A June final release is looking more and more likely with July being the latest. It's just a matter of finishing supports, endings, and doing the final tweaks for hard mode.

I am also currently debating whether or not to release two final patches. One final patch would contain normal and hard mode, while the second patch would contain lunatic mode. Lunatic mode would be quite a bit different than normal and hard mode/the first patch, being more resource intensive, nerfing supports, and giving enemies more tools (weapons/skills) for them to fight with. If I do make a lunatic patch, it would be released after the first patch ala Three Houses. And when I say more skills, I don't mean expect to see vantage+wrath enemies, but rather more enemies with skills like Hit+20 or Lull X.

I will conclude saying SGW is about 95% done.

On 5/26/2020 at 6:59 PM, Blademaster! said:

I hope so!

Thank you for your continued support!

Because I also haven't updated the thread in awhile, I figured I'd give another "bigger" update after a month.

Currently, 237/358 supports are finished and no endings are done.

Two playtesters have finished hard mode and there are recommendations of theirs that I need to implement to help balance certain units.

I am awaiting other recommendations from other players, but we continue to find bugs and typos and are making good progress. A June final release is looking more and more likely with July being the latest. It's just a matter of finishing supports, endings, and doing the final tweaks for hard mode.

I am also currently debating whether or not to release two final patches. One final patch would contain normal and hard mode, while the second patch would contain lunatic mode. Lunatic mode would be quite a bit different than normal and hard mode/the first patch, being more resource intensive, nerfing supports, and giving enemies more tools (weapons/skills) for them to fight with. If I do make a lunatic patch, it would be released after the first patch ala Three Houses. And when I say more skills, I don't mean expect to see vantage+wrath enemies, but rather more enemies with skills like Hit+20 or Lull X.

I will conclude saying SGW is about 95% done.

Ahh! That's awesome. 🙂 I played this back when it was only half done and loved it, so I'm excited for this! 😄 And thank you for sticking with it, and not abandoning your project. Always a shame to see great projects fall like that. 

5 hours ago, Thorgrun said:

Ahh! That's awesome. 🙂 I played this back when it was only half done and loved it, so I'm excited for this! 😄 And thank you for sticking with it, and not abandoning your project. Always a shame to see great projects fall like that. 

Yeah you are right...I been played sun gods challenge about 3 years ago next I found out the original game is Sun gods warth and I finished the game (chapter 18) 4 time

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 10:11 PM, Arvaxhi said:

Congratulations in advance! This hack is awesome! I love it!

Glad you like it!

Supports are finally finished. They just need to be proof read. If anyone would like to help with that effort, it would be greatly appreciated

All that's left before the final release is ready are as follows:

1. Finish the character endings
2. Editing of the supports and endings
3. Some last tweaks to the overall gameplay for hard mode
4. Any remaining graphical tweaks
5. Implement any playtester feedback

I am also going to make a lunatic mode patch, but if the normal/hard mode patch is ready to go before the lunatic mode one is ready, that patch will be released first. The lunatic mode patch will essentially just remove changes that were recommended to me by some of my play testers to help make the hack easier. The features of the lunatic mode patch will be as follows:

1. Only one gameplay mode.
2. Units will have less durability (used for determining fatigue deployment)
3. Less gems and thus money will be available.
4. Enemy stats, weapons, and skills will be greatly altered

That's all for this update. The final release is getting closer each day.

Finished the rom today, and i must say "wow" this rom is definitely my favorite Nicole ftw lol, i have a few questions: 

SPOILERS

1 - In a previous update you made Roa a dragoon if i remember but now hes a shaman and i havent seen a dragoon in the game does that mean you removed it ? 

2-  will the game be playable after the ending like ? an open world map  ?

5 minutes ago, RimKus said:

Finished the rom today, and i must say "wow" this rom is definitely my favorite Nicole ftw lol, i have a few questions: 

SPOILERS

1 - In a previous update you made Roa a dragoon if i remember but now hes a shaman and i havent seen a dragoon in the game does that mean you removed it ? 

2-  will the game be playable after the ending like ? an open world map  ?

1. There is a playable Dragoon, but don't expect too much from this.

2. There is no post game.

9 hours ago, Morteza said:

Can't you let the game counting on the map after ending? Next we can level up every members and have fun even after the ending🤣

I'm not sure that's doable anymore in this hack given some of the modifications I made, so there will be no post game. Just normal and hard mode along with a separate lunatic mode patch that will be released a little later.

On 6/27/2020 at 9:26 AM, Morteza said:

How many chapters it will be?🤔

27 in total with no gaiden chapters.

12 hours ago, Zakrath said:

Hello bro! Is the link on the first page (4.1) the latest version of the hack? Thanks in advance!

It's the latest publicly available version. At this point, you might be better off waiting for the final release. We're doing the final playtest now and then it'll be ready. I wanted to have it ready before July 4th, but that isn't looking to be likely at this rate.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:24 AM, Blademaster! said:

It's the latest publicly available version. At this point, you might be better off waiting for the final release. We're doing the final playtest now and then it'll be ready. I wanted to have it ready before July 4th, but that isn't looking to be likely at this rate.

Gotcha! I'll wait then. Thanks for the reply and great job so far!