[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

23 minutes ago, Blademaster! said:

Gotcha. The next patch tries to address some of the potential difficulty issues by nerfing some overpowered units. There being too much money isn't one that I've fully explored, but I'll keep an eye out on feedback on this issue.

The dragonvein bug is hopefully fixed. If you run into it, please let me know. I'm glad you've enjoyed this hack. It means a lot to me to see the people who have been following it for so long to be enjoying it now that it is released!

lol like Evan with his 25 DEF? That always felt so wrong to me lol. Both plays hes maxed his DEF stat without problems.

Honestly most heroes only become so overpowered because of the scrolls, the scrolls help us farm stats most heroes wouldn't otherwise obtain. I could imagine what my heroes stats would be had i RNG abused their levels with the scrolls. xD The only hero you couldn't take advantage of was Condor, because you capped her SPD. 🙂

OHH!! and Canto on Snipers is too OP. Especially when using 2 dancers.

Edited by Thorgrun

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Blademaster! said:

Gotcha. The next patch tries to address some of the potential difficulty issues by nerfing some overpowered units. There being too much money isn't one that I've fully explored, but I'll keep an eye out on feedback on this issue.

As long as the units dont get nerfed to the point to where it's no fun anymore. 🙂

I personally thought the balance was actually pretty good myself. I wouldnt say nerf characters, but rather buff some not as good ones, if anything.

14 hours ago, Thorgrun said:

lol like Evan with his 25 DEF? That always felt so wrong to me lol. Both plays hes maxed his DEF stat without problems.

Honestly most heroes only become so overpowered because of the scrolls, the scrolls help us farm stats most heroes wouldn't otherwise obtain. I could imagine what my heroes stats would be had i RNG abused their levels with the scrolls. xD The only hero you couldn't take advantage of was Condor, because you capped her SPD. 🙂

OHH!! and Canto on Snipers is too OP. Especially when using 2 dancers.

Evan isn't a character who will see major nerfs. It's really only some of the flying units. The growth rates are just being lowered to better account for scrolls. That's what the overall nerfing will be.

By snipers, you mean Bow Knights or in Nicole's case? I don't think I will change that or the two dancers.

10 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

As long as the units dont get nerfed to the point to where it's no fun anymore. 🙂

I personally thought the balance was actually pretty good myself. I wouldnt say nerf characters, but rather buff some not as good ones, if anything.

The nerfs are mostly going to be to growth rates to account for scrolls. There are some characters that were also regarded as having too good of base stats/skill sets, notably Jenna. It shouldn't make anyone that much worse, just help prevent steam rolling through the game.

On 7/26/2020 at 8:42 AM, Blademaster! said:

Evan isn't a character who will see major nerfs. It's really only some of the flying units. The growth rates are just being lowered to better account for scrolls. That's what the overall nerfing will be.

By snipers, you mean Bow Knights or in Nicole's case? I don't think I will change that or the two dancers.

The nerfs are mostly going to be to growth rates to account for scrolls. There are some characters that were also regarded as having too good of base stats/skill sets, notably Jenna. It shouldn't make anyone that much worse, just help prevent steam rolling through the game.

Thankfully i never cared for flying units xD 

Eh, Nicole's Canto skill is fine, but yes Lex, even before becoming a Bow Knight, not only has Canto, but Gale Force and Doublelion too. He can walk in, kill off 2 powerful enemies, then retreat safely behind the front-line. I find that too Overpowered. In Official FE games, the player would have to be very smart on how they used their Snipers/Archers, they could be killed off if too close to the front-line. Here there is no danger except long range magic. In my opinion it made some chapters too easy, some bosses didn't even stand a chance,  there is no "If he kills a unit" he always makes the kill..... Unless i use mercy to feed his targets to other units. You may not agree, and that's cool too 🙂 just felt i should explain my reasoning. 

I also feel like Relina could use a buff, though i'm not sure what would make her a bit better, but she gets killed by literally everything with 1 hit, shes level 28 right now on my 3rd play-through and i'm thinking of benching her. >.> lol lances in this Hack are almost useless, only time i really needed a lance, was against Neried's mother, Erika. Swords have a 60+ hit rate against Lances, the triangle should be nerfing that big time, but it seems to only nerf damage, and not by much. Axes truly shine in your Hack, i use 5 Axe wielding units lol.

This playthrough was mainly to test the bugs that were fixed, and i am happy to report that they are indeed, fixed. 🙂 

Other bugs I found:

- In Chapter 10, an enemy Lance Knight has a sword in his inventory, making the unit cannon fodder. 

Spoiler

- Final Chapter: when Leo talks about how the spell Valkyrie works, it was said it would only last a short while. If Mikey survives the final battle, he gets an end game description mentioning he had a second shot at life. But i thought Valkyrie only lasts a short time? I mean technically he is still supposed to be dead, only re-animated for a "short time". 

Edited by Thorgrun

14 hours ago, Thorgrun said:

Thankfully i never cared for flying units xD 

Eh, Nicole's Canto skill is fine, but yes Lex, even before becoming a Bow Knight, not only has Canto, but Gale Force and Doublelion too. He can walk in, kill off 2 powerful enemies, then retreat safely behind the front-line. I find that too Overpowered. In Official FE games, the player would have to be very smart on how they used their Snipers/Archers, they could be killed off if too close to the front-line. Here there is no danger except long range magic. In my opinion it made some chapters too easy, some bosses didn't even stand a chance,  there is no "If he kills a unit" he always makes the kill..... Unless i use mercy to feed his targets to other units. You may not agree, and that's cool too 🙂 just felt i should explain my reasoning. 

I also feel like Relina could use a buff, though i'm not sure what would make her a bit better, but she gets killed by literally everything with 1 hit, shes level 28 right now on my 3rd play-through and i'm thinking of benching her. >.> lol lances in this Hack are almost useless, only time i really needed a lance, was against Neried's mother, Erika. Swords have a 60+ hit rate against Lances, the triangle should be nerfing that big time, but it seems to only nerf damage, and not by much. Axes truly shine in your Hack, i use 5 Axe wielding units lol.

This playthrough was mainly to test the bugs that were fixed, and i am happy to report that they are indeed, fixed. 🙂 

Other bugs I found:

- In Chapter 10, an enemy Lance Knight has a sword in his inventory, making the unit cannon fodder. 

Hide contents

- Final Chapter: when Leo talks about how the spell Valkyrie works, it was said it would only last a short while. If Mikey survives the final battle, he gets an end game description mentioning he had a second shot at life. But i thought Valkyrie only lasts a short time? I mean technically he is still supposed to be dead, only re-animated for a "short time". 

I thought I fixed the lance knight with the sword... I will look at it again. I don't want to nerf Lex, but removing canto+ from him doesn't sound like it would be too bad. Relina is a very powerful support unit with okay combat. How much HP did she have?

Per your story spoiler, only the power up is temporary.

12 hours ago, CultivatedFinch said:

Am I doing something wrong, or is Chapter 3 really this much of a difficulty spike?  For a point this early in the game, I don't think I've ever experienced such a jump in difficulty in any official game or ROM hack.

There's a difficulty spike in chapter 2 when the enemies stop being nerfed, but some people have said chapter 3 is where things start to get much harder as opposed to chapter 2.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 2:33 PM, Morteza said:

Well...now what will you do from now on blademaster?🤔

I have another update for this patch I'm hoping to release this weekend, but otherwise I consider myself to be retired from the hacking community and have no plans to make any new hacks. This one already took enough time as is and I have other things in life I'd like to spend time on. Not to say the adventure wasn't fun, but it's time for me to rest.

Well...at least you will leave this work but with high pride and honor because you left two great FE roms hack(even sun god challenge)...and tnks for your hard work in these 5 years....🖤

Edited by Morteza

16 hours ago, Morteza said:

Well...at least you will leave this work but with high pride and honor because you left two great FE roms hack(even sun god challenge)...and tnks for your hard work in these 5 years....🖤

Thank you, I really appreciate all the support you've given over the years and I'm glad you've enjoyed the hacks I've made!

I have currently released a new updated beta patch on the SGW discord. Because it's not an official release, there is no update to the title/main link of the hack. If you want to play a more current version where the only main thing keeping the hack from a more public release is the issue of unit balancing, you can find this public beta on the discord.

On 8/23/2020 at 8:02 PM, Dandy Druid said:

Congrats on finishing your project! Looking forward to people playing it on YT.

Wait no further!

To the best of my knowledge, SGW has our first LP by Cornchip. He seems to be a newer YouTuber on the scene, so he could use the support. I look forward to how he does and I hope you all do too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_treUaRxk0&list=PLlA6bN4Mby0Tht6-Xo8mDTnwgZSVhZW1_

10 hours ago, Blademaster! said:

Wait no further!

To the best of my knowledge, SGW has our first LP by Cornchip. He seems to be a newer YouTuber on the scene, so he could use the support. I look forward to how he does and I hope you all do too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_treUaRxk0&list=PLlA6bN4Mby0Tht6-Xo8mDTnwgZSVhZW1_

I found him too! He seems like he has great potential, so I'm definitely watching!

Also, I'm really digging the music as well.

On 8/29/2020 at 4:31 AM, Dandy Druid said:

I found him too! He seems like he has great potential, so I'm definitely watching!

Also, I'm really digging the music as well.

Glad you like it! I really like the music I selected too, of course!

In other news, V1.10 and V1.04 are finally ready. I'm sorry they both took so long to be officially released, but here they are. If you tried out V1.10/V1.11 beta, this V1.10 adds in some unit balance changes to units like Gerome and Mirielle and is compatible with old .savs.

V1.04 is for people who were already playing on V1.03 or lower. This is the last update for those versions, so please finish your current runs and then play V1.10 for an future play throughs you may do. I will not be updating V1.04 again.

Outside of balance changes and any bugs people find not listed in the readme, this will probably be the final major update. The only planned future releases/updates that will be included in future releases are balance updates, lunatic mode (don't expect this anytime soon), and possibly reverse mode.

As always, the current link for public releases can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

Enjoy, and please report any bugs or balance feedback you have!

• 2 weeks later...

In the final chapter, I only recruit 52 people in my team. It seems like I lost 4 people but I don't know who or how to recruit them (According to support link, are 1 Sage, 1 Dark Filer, 1 Dragon and 1 Knight). Can anyone tell me who are them and how to recruit them?

Following is the list of people I recruit:

Ch6    Astrea, Ulysses, Relina, Evan, Condor, Dexithea, Bella, Artemis, Nereid, Nicole, Janet, Kirin, Joe, Clint, Katherin, Lex, Charles, Jenna
Ch7    Derek, Oreades
Ch8    Gerome, Gerald, Ricky, Roa
Ch9    Fuuma, Germano
Ch10   Chrysler
Ch11   Mirielle, Baryl
Ch12   Kenton, Sakura
Ch13   Daedalus, Joanne
Ch14   Iris, Aoifye
Ch15   -
Ch16   Torrid
Ch17   Carter
Ch18   Ryan, Hawk
Ch19   Lila, Elliot
Ch20   Nina
Ch21   Iskander, Alice
Ch22   Barry, Kat, Dullagan
Ch23   Leo, Jeff, Cyrus
Ch24   -
Ch25   -
Ch26   Donovan, Mikey
Ch27   -

On 9/11/2020 at 10:08 AM, Sugidack said:

In the final chapter, I only recruit 52 people in my team. It seems like I lost 4 people but I don't know who or how to recruit them (According to support link, are 1 Sage, 1 Dark Filer, 1 Dragon and 1 Knight). Can anyone tell me who are them and how to recruit them?

You missed recruiting the female sage by killing them and the dragon by not talking to them. Refer to the recruitment guide to figure out how to recruit everyone.

On 9/18/2020 at 6:06 PM, kinglan10 said:

I downloaded the game patch and in it seems to be be a normal patch and another with growths in it's name, does the growth one have different growths or something?

The growth patch is a 0% growth patch. It lets you play the game with 0% growth rates. Scrolls do not boost growth in that mode.

On 9/20/2020 at 3:28 PM, Blademaster! said:

The growth patch is a 0% growth patch. It lets you play the game with 0% growth rates. Scrolls do not boost growth in that mode.

Wow, that sounds like a super spicy mode lol, maybe I'll play it when I get good at Fire Emblem lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing this today and having a blast.

Just a quick query; on Chapter 4 it was barely possible for me to kill Dartanion before he flees; but I couldn't go ahead with it (loaded a much earlier save state) because in so doing I would have had to let at least a couple of units die (due to having to focus fire him and leaving the Cyclops and a Shaman up to slap my low HP units).

Are there any plot implications if you do somehow manage that? Morbidly interested because it felt like I was quite close to managing that, and I was actually tempted to see if I could super-optimise it and make it possible.

EDIT: Still enjoying this, just got up to Chapter 9, though phew it spikes in difficulty pretty hard.

My Relina is OP (she's had 3 perfect level-ups, and never less than 3 stats in a level, and I think she's missed SPD and STR just the once) and is putting everyone else to shame though lol, especially her big sister who is doing Roy growths most of the time. I especially like how Axes and Bows are really relevant now. I can see for sure that we are back to 1RNG for this as well. Lack of cash is a bit rough as I'm clearly not capturing enough even though I'm getting all the quick clear bonuses and thieving about 60% of the Red Gems.

My only issue I'd say is that SO MANY PEOPLE ARE betrayers. SO MANY. When its used early on, before one even especially cares for the characters in question, it doesn't really work as a plot driver too well, and when its used in multiple occasions (I've seen 3 or 4 instances now) it loses alot of impact. Its a bit of writers trap, this one, because you can feel attached to your characters but have to realise the audience may not be so.

By and the by; is there an easy list of quick clear bonuses and times? I suppose I should get into the practice of writing them down, lol...

Edited by eharper256

On 10/1/2020 at 5:41 PM, eharper256 said:

Started playing this today and having a blast.

Just a quick query; on Chapter 4 it was barely possible for me to kill Dartanion before he flees; but I couldn't go ahead with it (loaded a much earlier save state) because in so doing I would have had to let at least a couple of units die (due to having to focus fire him and leaving the Cyclops and a Shaman up to slap my low HP units).

Are there any plot implications if you do somehow manage that? Morbidly interested because it felt like I was quite close to managing that, and I was actually tempted to see if I could super-optimise it and make it possible.

EDIT: Still enjoying this, just got up to Chapter 9, though phew it spikes in difficulty pretty hard.

My Relina is OP (she's had 3 perfect level-ups, and never less than 3 stats in a level, and I think she's missed SPD and STR just the once) and is putting everyone else to shame though lol, especially her big sister who is doing Roy growths most of the time. I especially like how Axes and Bows are really relevant now. I can see for sure that we are back to 1RNG for this as well. Lack of cash is a bit rough as I'm clearly not capturing enough even though I'm getting all the quick clear bonuses and thieving about 60% of the Red Gems.

My only issue I'd say is that SO MANY PEOPLE ARE betrayers. SO MANY. When its used early on, before one even especially cares for the characters in question, it doesn't really work as a plot driver too well, and when its used in multiple occasions (I've seen 3 or 4 instances now) it loses alot of impact. Its a bit of writers trap, this one, because you can feel attached to your characters but have to realise the audience may not be so.

By and the by; is there an easy list of quick clear bonuses and times? I suppose I should get into the practice of writing them down, lol...

Glad you're enjoying the hack! There isn't such a list. Whether or not you kill Dartanion has minor impact on some side events of the story.

• 2 weeks later...

The FEE3 video is now here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHhEim9NGLc

Pandan is not the only one to find himself humbled by this video. I cannot properly express my gratitude at the kindness and generous words
that Pandan offers in this video. I'm at a loss for words and truly thankful for this opportunity, grateful for Pandan's input, for
playing this hack again at FEE3, and I just wish I could better describe how happy this video makes me. I'm so happy that people have been
able to enjoy SGW and have fun doing so. I'm grateful that my final FEE3 gets to have a video this fantastic and that this hack
is finally finished and people can play it. And I'm glad that Arch has done his best to continue to organize and spread awareness about
the FE hacking community through this event. He and Mageknight404 were my bridge into the world of hacking, and I couldn't be happier having gone down
this 10 year path. I am forever grateful at all the support and love I've gotten from the hacking community over the years, even if I haven't
deserved it at times, and I will never forget it. I really do love you all.

I hope everyone has enjoyed FEE3 and is looking forward to playing all the projects just as much as I am!

Additionally, V1.2 is now live: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

The changes for V1.2 are as follows:

- Removed NPC Sniper in chapter 12
- Added in support room by default (contains spoilers, so beware)
- Updated the female true blade animation
- Updated poison text
- Fixed issue with Jormungand description
- Fixed issue with NPC sage talking sprite in chapter 6
- Made adjustments to enemies in chapter 10 so certain NPCs don't die as fast
- Adjusted timing of Bella/Fuuma support
- Hopefully fixed the cavalier weapon issue in chapter 10
- Fixed various typos
- Fixed issue with chapter 6 merc not giving the long sword
- Fixed move sound for certain enemy only class
- Fixed bug where enemies would activate mercy
- Fixed issue with Scribe's map sprite in chapter 22
- Fixed female maleduin miss animation
- Evil Eye spell was removed and replaced with dark spikes. Dark spikes is effective vs mounted foes but doesn't poison
- You can now capture some of the generic enemies in chapter 2

If you want more SGW content, don't forget to checkout Cornchip's LP found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_treUaRxk0

I'm always happy to plug in any LP's people are doing of SGW!

• 1 month later...

SGW V1.3 is now out at the usual link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

The changelog is below:

> V1.3:
>
> - Fixed enemy only Champion class description
> - Moloch's are now weak to monster slaying weapons
> - Tribesman now have mounted aid
> - Fixed bug where Dark Aura wasn't working
> - Galeforce no longer negated by nihil
> - Fixed various typos
> - Fixed some tile issues with chapter 20
> - Fixed Yewfelle stat boosts
> - Added in some new classes/animations. Most are enemy only
> - Chapter 5 boss changed to one of the new classes and is no longer capturable
> - Added a commander to chapter 13. Reduced a different boss's leadership by 1 to make up for that
> - Buffed the def and healing ability of ruin gate tiles for a certain knight NPC
> - Fuuma now promotes to the executioner class. It has the same stats as dread fighter, just different animations, and can use dark magic.
> - Pitfighters can now use bows and have a new animation
> - Arcanists have a new animation
> - Katherin no longer learns Swift stance at level 10, instead learning Lancecrusher, a new skill
> - Kenton was changed to no longer have death blow, have 3 PCC and 2 less base res, and -10% res growth to gain +10% luk and galeforce
> - Nicole was given +4 base HP and +3 base def along with her growth rates being slightly changed: -5% skl and luk +10 def
> - Chrysler was given +1 base speed, +2 base def, +4 base con, -10% con growth, +5% speed and def growth, lost Tri-adept as a skill, learns Wrath at level 12, and starts with Thunderstorm instead.

Some preview images can be seen below. Enjoy, and as always, please let me know if you find any bugs or typos! This will likely be the last update of this kind as I've run out of space in the ROM for new graphics...

ROZrekB.pnglKrR0uz.png
Lil4nNc.pngYIjmEl4.png
wtvIGLT.pngV1fBG9e.png