[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

Loving the game so far but I have to ask where your recruitment guide has gone?
It was supposedly in the OP but it no longer is there from what I have been able to see.
Could I get that posted please? 🙂
Great work, especially love the inclusion of the Capture Mechanic!

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Chaotic_Soma said:

Loving the game so far but I have to ask where your recruitment guide has gone?
It was supposedly in the OP but it no longer is there from what I have been able to see.
Could I get that posted please? 🙂
Great work, especially love the inclusion of the Capture Mechanic!

You can find the recruitment guide if you join the hack's discord. The link to join is in the spoiler box on the OP. Once in, go to the "game-guide" channel.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can find the recruitment guide if you join the hack's discord. The link to join is in the spoiler box on the OP. Once in, go to the "game-guide" channel.

Why should anyone join a discord channel just to read a document that was supposed to be included with the patch?

Especially since the "Thank you" and "Credits" documents didn't receive the same treatment.

11 minutes ago, Golb89 said:

Why should anyone join a discord channel just to read a document that was supposed to be included with the patch?

Especially since the "Thank you" and "Credits" documents didn't receive the same treatment.

Don't ask me, I'm not the one in charge here.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

If you're in the Discord, you could just copy-paste the recruitment guide here in a spoiler tab or something.

Sorry, but I think that would be rather rude of me. It's up to @Blademaster! to decide where he wants to put his guide. Not my place to share it publicly. At least that's how I feel, personally. You guys will have to ask him if you want the guide to be shared elsewhere.

I didn't want to cause a fight, I simply was requesting the document that @Blademaster! stated would be posted in the OP.

I do not do social media or group chats outside of FB to simply have it as a source of party invites for my IRL friends, so joining Discord is not particularly an option for me considering my stance.

Here is the recruitment guide.

21 hours ago, Golb89 said:

Mistakes happen, no need to be an ass about it.

recruitment (2).txt

Edited by Maruhai

I didn't include the recruitment guide in the patch because I didn't want people to really try and use it. I'd rather they play blind for a first run. As for why it's not in the OP, I wanted to intentionally leave it out after the hack was first released. I'll add it in now.

5 hours ago, Maruhai said:

Mistakes happen, no need to be an ass about it.

O RLY? Because:

1 hour ago, Blademaster! said:

I didn't include the recruitment guide in the patch because I didn't want people to really try and use it. I'd rather they play blind for a first run. As for why it's not in the OP, I wanted to intentionally leave it out after the hack was first released. I'll add it in now.

d7e99270-290a-4c1b-a23e-95136af8b882.jpg

(Also, the recruitment list in the OP is slightly more updated than the one in that link)

Edited by Golb89

To the best of my knowledge, Sun God's Wrath now has its second LP, this time by Mekkah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czzWylUGuwo

It's an honor to have Mekkah play this hack as his videos and various LPs he's done through out the community played a role in helping me shape this hack. He's mentioned specifically in the thank you message and credits for a reason. I look forward to any criticism that he has, good and bad, and hope he and others enjoy it!

As always, if anyone does an LP of Sun God's Wrath, as Cornchip and Mekkah have, I am always happy to share it, so feel free to let me know if you do!

My apologies for the double post, but this is important of enough an issue that I believe warrants this.

RandomWizard recently pointed out that he made mugs that showed up in this hack. While I credit him for music he made that is used in the hack, he was not mentioned in the mug section of the credits. This has now been fixed and I sincerely apologize for leaving him out. While the credits for this hack should probably be more organized, it doesn't change the fact that an intent of this hack was to use as much as I could from this community as I could and as such people should be properly credited where credit is do.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the mistake and ask that if anyone else feels they are not appropriately credited for their work in this hack, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will update the credits file as appropriate.

On 4/14/2015 at 2:11 PM, Blademaster! said:

tl;dr This is an FE8 hack. Final version 1.3 released 11/25/2020.

First release notes and DL below. READ THE README AND CREDITS!!!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Alright then, it's time.

Final patch V1.13 is ready. Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

Discord: https://discord.gg/TbxxXMy

This is the final version of this hack. It is 27 chapters long (prologue - final) and there are no gaiden chapters.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, READ THE README AND CREDITS!!!!!

To sum up some stuff from the readme and to express some initial concerns of mine:

Have fun and enjoy!

The Sun God's Wrath(SGW) is the new version of the old sequel to a previous hack I made(Corrupt Theocracy (CT)), The Sun God's Challenge(SGC). This is a FE8 hack that features a variety of new features, most notably skills, some third tiers, new classes, and of course new maps, mugs, characters, events, and music (though because of CT some older versions of characters still use mugs like the ones they used back then for continuity reasons). If by some odd chance you have an old .sav of SGC, this hack won't work with it due to the fact that this hack is pretty much remade.

This hack is being designed so that having played CT is in no way a requirement. I don't recommend playing CT and instead
recommend reading TheMoniker's awesome LP found here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50956 if you are
really curious about it and would like a potentially heightened experience while playing this hack. History is written by
the winners, and there were various winners in CT, so part of the story is learning what really happened in CT anyway since
there are conflicting accounts.

Like CT, SGW features many protagonist characters with varying degrees of importance, but there will be less/more mixed up game over conditions
unlike in CT. The lead protagonist/Donovan of this hack is Astrea, a member of Propater, pictured below.

l3Fb4VD.png

The story will have you follow her and the people she meets as you do your part in trying to save the world. How Astrea manages to be a key
figure among the various figures of importance you will come to meet will be made more clear over time.

Screens:

ElVqJsC.pngbbHZt3t.pngf7c4Iyl.pngzKGG55X.pngreV52n2.pngr2qTqlW.pngLIEPTKh.pngeRsv5ke.pngEeG3nge.pngI9EG8YI.png
Caml6wI.pngIDSpKPW.png

Recruitment guide (BE WARNED: MAJOR SPOILERS)

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 3:

Charles - Speak with Jenna

Chapter 7:

Oreades - Speak with Jenna or Evan

Chapter 8:

Roa - Speak with Kirin or Artemis

Ricky - Visit the village

Chapter 10:

Chrysler - Required to beat chapter. Speak with Kirin.

Chapter 11:

Baryl - Complete the chapter, complete the chapter with him surviving, or speak with Derek, Nicole, or Astrea

Chapter 14:

Eren - Ally with the Bael in chapter 11 then speak with Astrea

Aofaye - Ally with the Green Army in chapter 11 then speak with Astrea

Chapter 16:

Torrid - Fail to kill Dartanion in both chapters 4 and 8

Clea - Kill Dartanion in either chapter 4 or 8

Chapter 17:

Carter - Speak with Evan, Jenna, Torrid, or Clea

Chapter 19:

Mage Knight - Required to beat the chapter. Speak with Astrea, Ryan, Daedalus, Roa, or Kirin.

Chapter 20:

Nina - Visit the village

Chapter 22:

Dullahan - Speak with Elliot

Female magic unit - Never kill her in any of the three chapters she shows up in.

Chapter 23:

Cyrus - Speak with Baryl, Ryan, or Nina

Chapter 24:

??? - Speak with Katherin. Kathein must survive the chapter or ??? will leave at the chapter's end.

Chapter 25:

??? - Battle once, then speak with Daedalus, then Astrea, then have Daedalus and Astrea speak, then speak to ??? with either Daedalus or Astrea.

Final:

Vangaurd - Defeat Dartanion in either chapter 4, 8, 18, or 23

Dragoon - Never kill Dartanion

??? - Kill ??? in chapter 25. Do not kill Dartanion in any chapter he appears in AND do not kill the primary boss of chapter 18. Doing both will trigger a special scene and ??? cannot be recruited. If you only do one of either killing dartanion or the primary boss of chapter 18, he can still be recruited if you kill ??? in chapter 25. If you don't kill ??? in chapter 25, he cannot be recruited.

Enjoy!

Hello fire emblem fan here, been interested in playing this rom but I downloaded the v1.3 patch. I haven't played the older patches before and I was told in the readme file that I needed to download v1.10 first, I'm a bit confused by this do I need to download v1.10 then appley v1.3? please help

1 hour ago, Agumon said:

Hello fire emblem fan here, been interested in playing this rom but I downloaded the v1.3 patch. I haven't played the older patches before and I was told in the readme file that I needed to download v1.10 first, I'm a bit confused by this do I need to download v1.10 then appley v1.3? please help

You only need to apply v1.3

A bit late, but congrats on seeing this one through!  I don't have time to play it for the forseeable future, but if I'm ever stuck at home for two weeks by government mandate, I'll give it a shot.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

A bit late, but congrats on seeing this one through!  I don't have time to play it for the forseeable future, but if I'm ever stuck at home for two weeks by government mandate, I'll give it a shot.

Thank you for your support over the years and for helping out as a playtester at one point! It means a lot! I hope you get the chance to play the hack one day, but hopefully not because of government mandate as I don't think that's the kind of thing we should hope for lol

SGW V1.31 is now out at the usual link. It fixes some major bugs and balance issues, so be sure to update! https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

The changelog is below:

V1.31:

- Fixes game freezing bug with succubus animation
- Fixes issue where an NPC dies too fast in chapter 15 normal mode
- Gives the mage in chapter 5 a vulnerary
- Fixed some tile issues in chapter 9
- Renamed civilian in chapter 11 to Elder to make it more obvious he can be spoken too

Hi, really enjoying your hack so far just made it to the beginning of chapter five. Animations are fantastic and units seem fun / unique without going into the blatantly overpowered tier some fan games do. Story is interesting enough to at least somewhat care. A quick question / potential bug to report, I noticed I've been getting critical hits with 0 displayed and am wondering if that was a known bug or is it maybe just some interaction with PCC I'm too stupid to realize (only played Thracia once oops.) It was Dexithea with an Iron Axe, maybe her level 5 skill lowers crit avoid / well unlisted is the only other explanation I could think of, but that would probably display?I'll try and have screenshots for if / when it next appears. Anyway, that's all mostly just saying this seems like a great project and can't wait to continue it.

25 minutes ago, ZoesMad said:

Hi, really enjoying your hack so far just made it to the beginning of chapter five. Animations are fantastic and units seem fun / unique without going into the blatantly overpowered tier some fan games do. Story is interesting enough to at least somewhat care. A quick question / potential bug to report, I noticed I've been getting critical hits with 0 displayed and am wondering if that was a known bug or is it maybe just some interaction with PCC I'm too stupid to realize (only played Thracia once oops.) It was Dexithea with an Iron Axe, maybe her level 5 skill lowers crit avoid / well unlisted is the only other explanation I could think of, but that would probably display?I'll try and have screenshots for if / when it next appears. Anyway, that's all mostly just saying this seems like a great project and can't wait to continue it.

Were these 0% crits against bosses? The hack makes it so that all fatal blows against bosses are crits, just for extra flashiness.

@everyone SGW V1.32 is now out at the usual link. It fixes some minor bugs and adds in some balance changes, so be sure to update! https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

I am hoping this is the last update for awhile, so I apologize there were so many in quick succession as of late.

V1.32:

- Fixed bug where recruiting a unit frozen with a Dragon Vein made the recruited unit stay frozen
- Removed the imbue skill from the two enemy only units that had it and gave them renewal instead
- Fixed odd memory issue with an enemy only animation
- Made adjustments to certain Chapter 14 enemy AI
- Dexithea's PCC was raised to 3
- Wind disciple now boosts hit +20 and crit +10. Avoid boost is still +10
- Battle veteran boosts stats based on every 5 levels instead of 10
- Joe now has the skill Quick Riposte. It works as it does in three houses

I have also begun work on Lunatic Mode. Lunatic mode will not be designed for first time players and will be for people familiar with the game's mechanics, characters, and events. Do not expect lunatic mode to be a mode filled with stat and skill bloat. It will be a mode that restricts resources (there will be no exp or total enemy changes though), makes certain enemies/bosses more tricky to kill, changes up some enemy positions where possible, give them different items, and hopefully make for an experience that is more challenging than hard mode, but still fair.

gikGW5c.png

Edited by Blademaster!

Great work on the updates, I'll download and install them soon, I'm currently up to chapter 7.
Taking the game slowly so I can really savor it!
Also, thank you for adding in the recruitment guide to the OP.

Could I get a list of which skills each playable unit learns and on what levels through their promotions as well?
Cause I save stated and promoted both Neried (lvl 11) and Evan (lvl 10) and they didn't show that they could learn any new skills in the personal data page.

Finally, am I right in thinking that in this game you're meant to promote early? (10-12)
Or should I wait for at least a few more levels due to reduced exp gain? (15-16)

10 hours ago, Chaotic_Soma said:

Great work on the updates, I'll download and install them soon, I'm currently up to chapter 7.
Taking the game slowly so I can really savor it!
Also, thank you for adding in the recruitment guide to the OP.

Could I get a list of which skills each playable unit learns and on what levels through their promotions as well?
Cause I save stated and promoted both Neried (lvl 11) and Evan (lvl 10) and they didn't show that they could learn any new skills in the personal data page.

Finally, am I right in thinking that in this game you're meant to promote early? (10-12)
Or should I wait for at least a few more levels due to reduced exp gain? (15-16)

Skills learned by each unit not mentioned in the personal data is based on their class. The class guide is in the discord too, but I will add it to the OP.

I generally promote units around level 15 or higher or when they learn all the skills I want them to.

Hi, just wanted to mention I'm live streaming a blind playthrough of this hack (should be the third one after Mekkah's) almost every day at around 3pm EST and assuming I like the hack enough, I might even speedrun and TAS it. The inclusion of a 0% growth patch is a nice bonus in that regard.

So far I'm on chapter 2 and loving it, especially the skills 😁

5 hours ago, Vykan_12 said:

Hi, just wanted to mention I'm live streaming a blind playthrough of this hack (should be the third one after Mekkah's) almost every day at around 3pm EST and assuming I like the hack enough, I might even speedrun and TAS it. The inclusion of a 0% growth patch is a nice bonus in that regard.

So far I'm on chapter 2 and loving it, especially the skills 😁

Ah, cool! Mekkah mentioned this to me, but I wanted to ask you first before I shared a link. I don't use twitch very often, so I completely forgot and thank you for reminding me. If you're part of the discord, please feel free to share when you stream the hack if you like. I'll make an announcement in the announcement section and a post on FEU. Looking forward to your LP!