[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

tl;dr This is an FE8 hack. Final version released 5/22/2021. There are modes with and without fatigue, 100% growths, and 0% growths.

First release notes and DL below. READ THE README AND CREDITS!!!!!

Alright then, it's time.

The final is ready. Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

Mobile Patcher link: https://patches.emblemier.com/project/sungod/overview

Discord: https://discord.gg/TbxxXMy

This is the final version of this hack. It is 27 chapters long (prologue - final) and there are no gaiden chapters.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, READ THE README AND CREDITS!!!!!

To sum up some stuff from the readme and to express some initial concerns of mine:

Have fun and enjoy!

The Sun God's Wrath(SGW) is the new version of the old sequel to a previous hack I made(Corrupt Theocracy (CT)), The Sun God's Challenge(SGC). This is a FE8 hack that features a variety of new features, most notably skills, some third tiers, new classes, and of course new maps, mugs, characters, events, and music (though because of CT some older versions of characters still use mugs like the ones they used back then for continuity reasons). If by some odd chance you have an old .sav of SGC, this hack won't work with it due to the fact that this hack is pretty much remade.

This hack is being designed so that having played CT is in no way a requirement. I don't recommend playing CT and instead
recommend reading TheMoniker's awesome LP found here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50956 if you are
really curious about it and would like a potentially heightened experience while playing this hack. History is written by
the winners, and there were various winners in CT, so part of the story is learning what really happened in CT anyway since
there are conflicting accounts.

Like CT, SGW features many protagonist characters with varying degrees of importance, but there will be less/more mixed up game over conditions
unlike in CT. The lead protagonist/Donovan of this hack is Astrea, a member of Propater, pictured below.

l3Fb4VD.png

The story will have you follow her and the people she meets as you do your part in trying to save the world. How Astrea manages to be a key
figure among the various figures of importance you will come to meet will be made more clear over time.

Screens:

ElVqJsC.pngbbHZt3t.pngf7c4Iyl.pngzKGG55X.pngreV52n2.pngr2qTqlW.pngLIEPTKh.pngeRsv5ke.pngEeG3nge.pngI9EG8YI.png
Caml6wI.pngIDSpKPW.png

Recruitment guide (BE WARNED: MAJOR SPOILERS)

Chapter 3:

Charles - Speak with Jenna

Chapter 7:

Oreades - Speak with Jenna or Evan

Chapter 8:

Roa - Speak with Kirin or Artemis

Ricky - Visit the village

Chapter 10:

Chrysler - Required to beat chapter. Speak with Kirin.

Chapter 11:

Baryl - Complete the chapter, complete the chapter with him surviving, or speak with Derek, Nicole, or Astrea

Chapter 14:

Eren - Ally with the Bael in chapter 11 then speak with Astrea

Aofaye - Ally with the Green Army in chapter 11 then speak with Astrea

Chapter 16:

Torrid - Fail to kill Dartanion in both chapters 4 and 8

Clea - Kill Dartanion in either chapter 4 or 8

Chapter 17:

Carter - Speak with Evan, Jenna, Torrid, or Clea

Chapter 19:

Mage Knight - Required to beat the chapter. Speak with Astrea, Ryan, Daedalus, Roa, or Kirin.

Chapter 20:

Nina - Visit the village

Chapter 22:

Dullahan - Speak with Elliot

Female magic unit - Never kill her in any of the three chapters she shows up in.

Chapter 23:

Cyrus - Speak with Baryl, Ryan, or Nina

Chapter 24:

??? - Speak with Katherin. Kathein must survive the chapter or ??? will leave at the chapter's end.

Chapter 25:

??? - Battle once, then speak with Daedalus, then Astrea, then have Daedalus and Astrea speak, then speak to ??? with either Daedalus or Astrea.

Final:

Vangaurd - Defeat Dartanion in either chapter 4, 8, 18, or 23

Dragoon - Never kill Dartanion

??? - Kill ??? in chapter 25. Do not kill Dartanion in any chapter he appears in AND do not kill the primary boss of chapter 18. Doing both will trigger a special scene and ??? cannot be recruited. If you only do one of either killing dartanion or the primary boss of chapter 18, he can still be recruited if you kill ??? in chapter 25. If you don't kill ??? in chapter 25, he cannot be recruited.

Enjoy!

Class guide:

Class Growth and Skill level list:

Knight/Colonel/Baron

15/20/25

Rally Defense: +4 Def to
allies within 2 tiles.

20/25/30

Short Shield: Gain 6 defense
against attacks received in melee.

St  Mg  Sk  Sp  Df  Rs  Cn

Promotion bonus

Colonel

3	0 	2 	3 	4 	3 	2

Baron

2	0 	2 	1 	3 	2 	1

Mercenary/Hero/Brave

15/20/25

Armsthrift: Luck % chance to not
consume weapon durability.

20/25/30

Axebreaker: +50 Hit/Avo when
enemy has an axe equipped.

Promotion bonus

Hero

2	0	1 	2 	4 	2 	2

Brave

2	0	2 	2 	1 	2 	2

Soldier/Halberdier/Spartan_Valkyrie

15/20/25

Swap: Allows unit to swap positions
with an adjacent ally.

20/25/30

Blood Tide: Atk +5 and
Hit +15 to adjacent allies.

Promotion bonus

Halberdier

2	3 	3 	3 	4 	4 	2 

Spartan_Valkyrie

2	2 	1 	2 	2 	0 	2

Myrmidon/Swordmaster/Trueblade

15/20/25

Crit Boost: +15 critical rate.

20/25/30

Adept: Gain a consecutive attack.
(Speed+20 % activation)

Promotion bonus

Swordmaster

2 	0 	2 	1 	3 	2 	2

Trueblade

1 	0 	1 	2 	1 	2 	2

Bandit/Berserker/Warrior

15/20/25

Wrath: If HP < 50%,
+50 critical rate.

20/25/30

Counter: Reflect physical damage
when attacked at 1 range.

Berserker

3 	0 	3 	2 	2 	1 	3

Warrior

2 	0 	3 	2 	2 	2 	2

Arcanist/Geomancer/Apothecary

15/20/25

Dark Aura: Gain +1 damage, +10% hit,
+5% avoid, crit when using dark.

20/25/30

Tome Range +1: Maximum range
of equipped tome is increased.

Geomancer

1	1 	1 	1 	2 	2 	2

Apothecary

1	1 	1 	1 	3 	2 	2

Cleric/Holy Fighter_Pirate_Bishop/War Priest

8/16/22

Renewal: Restore 30% of max HP
at the start of each turn.

16/24/30

Staff Savant: Maximum range
of staves is increased by 1.

Bishop

0 	1 	1 	1 	2 	2 	0	

Bishop -> War Priest

5 	1 	1 	1 	3 	0 	2

Holy Fighter/Pirate -> War Priest

2 	1 	3 	2 	3 	5 	0

Ninja/Dreadfighter

25/30

Lifetaker: Restore up to 25% HP after
attacking and defeating an enemy.

Dreadfighter

4	3 	1 	1 	3 	5 	2

Drunk/Pit Fighter/Tribesman

15/20/25

Colossus: Triples final damage.
(Skill % activation)

20/25/30

Death Blow: +6 Attack
when initiating battle.

Pit Fighter

3 	0 	4 	1 	3 	1 	0

Tribesman

3 	0 	2 	3 	1 	1 	2

Archer/Sniper/Bow_Knight_Coyote

15/20/25

Sure Shot: A precision attack that
always hits and does 1.5x damage.
(Skill % activation)

20/25/30

Critical Force: Base critical is
Skl * 1.5.

Sniper M

3	3 	3 	2 	2 	3 	2

Sniper F

3	3 	3 	3 	2 	3 	2

Bow_knight

1	2 	1 	2 	0 	1 	2

Coyote

1	2 	2 	2 	3 	2 	2

Mage/Sage/Mage Knight

15/20/25

Flare: Halve enemy resistance.
(Skill% activation)

20/25/30

Rally Magic: +4 Mag to
allies within 2 tiles.

Sage

0	4 	1 	1 	0 	1 	2

Mage Knight

2	0 	1 	2 	4 	1 	2

Shaman/Druid/Malig_Knight_Dark_Flier

15/20/25

Anathema: -10 Avoid/Dodge to all
enemies within 3 tiles.

20/25/30

Ignis: Add Def/2 and Res/2
to damage dealt.
(Skill % activation)

Druid M

0 	1 	2 	1 	1 	1 	2

Druid F

1 	2 	3 	2 	1 	1 	2

Malig Knight

3	1 	2 	1 	4 	1 	2

Dark Flier

2	1 	1 	2 	1 	4 	2

Knight/Paladin/Great Knight

15/20/25

Luna: Negates enemy defenses.
(Skill % activation)

20/25/30

Armored Blow: +10 Def
when initiating battle.

Paladin	

2 	2	2 	2 	0 	6 	2

Great Knight	

2 	2	2 	2 	5 	0 	2

Witch/Seraph/Bellerophon

15/20/25

Reposition: Allows unit to pull an
adjacent ally to its opposite side.

20/25/30

Desperation: If HP < 50%,
double attacks occur immediately.

Seraph	

1	2 	2 	1 	2 	3 	2

Bellerophon	

0	2 	2 	1 	0 	2 	3

WyvernRider/Knight/Master

15/20/25

Luna: Negates enemy defenses.
(Skill % activation)

20/25/30

Swordbreaker: +50 Hit/Avo when
enemy has a sword equipped.

Wyvern Knight

2	0 	2 	2 	2 	2 	2

Wyvern Master

2	0 	1 	1 	2 	2 	2

[/spoiler]
Edited by Blademaster!
Final release, no fatigue patch, 100% growth patch added

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow those credits. This is massive.

How long have you been working on this project (entire verse)?

Yes this hack is pretty massive thanks to all the animations, music, and spells added in. I've tried to include everything the community has made so far that I could in it.

I spent ~ three months on corrupt theocracy, ~nine months on sun god's challenge(not including ideas made while working on CT), and ~three months on Sun god's wrath so far.

...I remember this. I'll keep an eye on this, mostly because I played the original forever ago :B

Thank you! I hope this ends up being at least better than the old version.

holy shit dude, i actually played the original of this and corrupted theocracy

with that said, this looks far better, i think i wouldn't mind playing a completed version.

Thanks! I've taken note of your past criticism so that this hack fixes the problems you've mentioned before.

Sun God's Challenge was entertaining. This seems cool, can't wait to see progress!

Thanks! I'm hoping to finally have chapter screens up by the end of the month, it's just been kinda grating working on all the classes so I haven't been able to work as fast as I have in the past.

Speaking of classes, I got a few more done so I updated the checklist. Every time I post in this thread, if I have a small update for it I'll make the changes in the checklist and mention so in my posts.

Also I forgot Zalhman's song editor was used in this hack since I hadn't used it yet when I wrote the credits so that's been added in.

Hey! I'm in the credits for something! :D:

V1.0 of my skill patch will include skills specifically requested by Alfred Kamon so I don't know how applicable it'll be for you, but there will definitely be at least a few skills you could use.

It's looks pretty cool keep it up

Edited by Brendor

this is so cool looking! goddamn i can't handle all these hacks coming out of the woods! esp during the school grind xD

Thanks! I feel like I can only say thanks so many times, but I hope that this can live up to everyone's expectations.

... wait, /the Sun God's Challenge/?!?!?!

Is this the real life? Hype. :D

Yes, this is real life and you aren't dreaming! Thanks for any continued support!

Hey! I'm in the credits for something! :D:

V1.0 of my skill patch will include skills specifically requested by Alfred Kamon so I don't know how applicable it'll be for you, but there will definitely be at least a few skills you could use.

It's looks pretty cool keep it up

Speaking of credits I realized somethings were missing and added them in, including your documentation on battle sprites being half words.

As long as the skill patch has what Hextator's did(Vanilia FE8's plus Adept, Vantage, and Astra which I think you've already said you've done) anything more is a boon regardless of whether it all gets used or not! I'm looking forward to how it turns out!

As far as updates/edits to the checklist go, I've finished the classes and am currently debugging them. Once this is done, I'll just have some little other fixes to make and then I can finally start events and texts. I'll be a bit busy this weekend so hopefully I will finally have some actual screen shots by next weekend.

As long as the skill patch has what Hextator's did(Vanilia FE8's plus Adept, Vantage, and Astra which I think you've already said you've done) anything more is a boon regardless of whether it all gets used or not! I'm looking forward to how it turns out!

I'm going to keep the Vanilla skills, but I'm changing the activation rates based on Alfred's specifications namely:

Sure Shot = (Skill + Luck)% chance

Pierce = Either (Mag)% or (Skill)% based on which version you use

Great Shield = (Def/2)%

Also, the battle skills(which would be the ones introduced in Hextator's patch but with animations) will be done after I do the stat buff skills like All Stats +2 and Wrath

I'm going to keep the Vanilla skills, but I'm changing the activation rates based on Alfred's specifications namely:

Sure Shot = (Skill + Luck)% chance

Pierce = Either (Mag)% or (Skill)% based on which version you use

Great Shield = (Def/2)%

Also, the battle skills(which would be the ones introduced in Hextator's patch but with animations) will be done after I do the stat buff skills like All Stats +2 and Wrath

That's perfect! Making the level cap 30 was what I originally did to get around the old level based calculations but I decided to keep using that system because of reclassing anyway.

Mind providing a link to Sun God's challenge? It'll be a good hack to play through in anticipation for this! It looks awesome! Do you need help writing or beta testing? If so, PM me!

I'm sorry to say, but all links to SGC have been removed for reasons I don't want to go into. This hack is going to be too different from SGC to really be worth going back through SGC anyway as characters and chapters from SGC are gone and the story has been largely redone.

As far as writing help goes, I'd only want help with supports to speed things along, and as a requirement for wanting to help with those you'll have to be familiar with Corrupt Theocracy, though I'd still give an outline for what to write.

Beta testing I'm not really up to and I haven't fully decided how to go about it yet.

The only thing I'd kinda like help with at the moment is making battle palettes. I think I've gotten all the kinks with all the classes worked out so this is what I was going to start working on next before I can finally start tackling events, dialogue, and supports.

Edited by Blademaster!

Mind providing a link to Sun God's challenge? It'll be a good hack to play through in anticipation for this! It looks awesome! Do you need help writing or beta testing? If so, PM me!

If you want background info on this hack, play Corrupt Theocracy.

That being said. . .good to see that this is back, since I happen to like Elliot.

considering my history with this hack series, i wouldn't mind being on the eventual beta tester list.

don't gotta think about it now tho, just throwin it out there

Yeah I have no problem with either of you two being beta testers, it's just that I haven't decided how I'd want to go about beta testing yet. I feel like I'd just ask you guys to to specific tasks for event testing incase I missed stuff when I test it myself.

If you want background info on this hack, play Corrupt Theocracy.

That being said. . .good to see that this is back, since I happen to like Elliot.

I think every playable character from part 2 of corrupt theocracy and a few others will be at least mentioned/referenced other than

Gan at the moment since I can't think of how to reference him in the story since his ending is just him sailing away to find new lands and I don't see how he'd tie back into the story from there.

I think ~30 of them are actually in the game, the rest are dead since characters like Mark or Bowen wouldn't live another 30 years for example or were killed in combat like Flo as mentioned in the OP.

With the magic of jjl2357's extended weapon rank patch, we have:

cWv7rKY.pngrjzTBOS.png

tIHQGJk.pngiqPGk6x.png

the FE10 magic triangle. Along with some other changes to the weapon triangle detailed below(spoiled for potential size):

SGW Triangle:

Sword:

-5 hit -3 atk vs lance

+15 hit +1 atk vs axe

Lance:

-10 hit -2 atk vs axe

+5 hit +3 atk vs sword

Axe:

-15 hit -1 atk vs sword

+10 hit +2 atk vs lance

Bow:

+20 hit +1 atk vs magic offense

+10 hit vs sword/axe/lance offense

+10 hit vs magic defense

no other boost on defense

light:

+5 hit +3 atk vs dark

-15 hit -1 atk vs anima

dark:

-5 hit -3 atk vs light

+15 hit -1 atk vs anima

wind:

-5 hit -3 atk vs fire

+15 hit +1 atk vs thunder

fire:

-10 hit -2 atk vs thunder

+5 hit +3 atk vs wind

thunder:

-15 hit -1 atk vs wind

+10 hit +2 atk vs fire

stones are not part of any weapon advantage/disadvantage.

Since jj's patch doesn't work with the weapon rank bonus patch the triangle has gone through some changes.

As far as other updates go, at this point the base ROM is pretty much complete with only very small fixes left to address, so all that's left are the events and text aka the meat of the hack. Edit: Oh and all the unit palettes too.

Edited by Blademaster!

And chapter construction has slowly begun.

Here are some early prologue screens. Haven't started the dialogue or adjusted stats yet. Classes, names, and weapons are all correct.

xP63dtx.pngcdBdYd5.png1zIhR0i.png

Fos9343.pngnd2LRkU.png

For cutscenes I'll occasionally make use of pre-existing FE8 maps, but all maps are otherwise new, except for two which are based on old non GBA maps.

There are also some maps that are still the same from SGC. There are 8/28 maps like this, the prologue being the same as last time.

All chapters follow a very similar formula. It either starts or ends with a cutscene taking place way from the main story, then Anna and Jake give a mission briefing and clear time condition for bonuses and penalities, the chapter happens, and finally it ends when you complete whatever the given mission is thus moving on to the next chapter.

The goal of the prologue is to defeat all the enemies. Like in SGC, it's just a test Astrea and co are forced to take given to them by Astrea's mother.

Excluding the small text fixes and the like I need to make, the prologue is now done. I'm going to do all the supports for the prologue characters before moving on to chapter 1.

0SaYxKT.pngEdLZuBA.pngjIcBLEt.png

NlbmS8W.pngAwo2SEP.pngNKUgkgb.png

zfwslCX.pngb01Ervs.pngwyLqRnD.png

All four of the legendary heroes that took part in the battle against Pyron use past FE character mugs to keep in line with that thing. So Jedah uses Morva, Alester Roland, Hiro Durban, and Brammimond Brammimond. Other than a few other characters from corrupt theocracy and NPC's, that's where the use of reused mugs ends. Pyron is Pyron just because just like in Sun God's Challenge.