[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

2 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Buffing my boy Derek! Maybe mine was just RNG blessed, but he actually capped defense at level 22. Giving him a 70% def growth seems... nuts?

Hide contents

Maybe I missed some dialogue, but... what happened to Ciri?

Her and Yin get killed by Rody.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey dudes. This looks an awesome hack but im stumped. Im playing this on meboy on my phone and i cant get past the initial save and it always hangs. I used a fresh us fe8 rom and just patched the file with the included ips. Did i somehow messed up? I didnt patch the already patched rom with the growth patch included. It might be relevant so i added that info.

Maybe I missed something, but during the final fight

Spoiler

I had Artemis fight Garrison and he mentioned that he ordered his wife and children killed. Wouldn't that include Artemis' parents? Did he keep her alive because she was useful or something? Is this mentioned in a support conversation or something?

On a side note, I started a new game and Ulysses got TWO MOVEMENT POINTS IN HIS FIRST TWO LEVELS! :wtf:

11 hours ago, LordKakashiMugen said:

Hey dudes. This looks an awesome hack but im stumped. Im playing this on meboy on my phone and i cant get past the initial save and it always hangs. I used a fresh us fe8 rom and just patched the file with the included ips. Did i somehow messed up? I didnt patch the already patched rom with the growth patch included. It might be relevant so i added that info.

This doesn't use IPS for patching, but UPS. Try patching with NUPS or use the mobile patch link in the OP and see if that changes anything.

8 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Maybe I missed something, but during the final fight

Reveal hidden contents

I had Artemis fight Garrison and he mentioned that he ordered his wife and children killed. Wouldn't that include Artemis' parents? Did he keep her alive because she was useful or something? Is this mentioned in a support conversation or something?

On a side note, I started a new game and Ulysses got TWO MOVEMENT POINTS IN HIS FIRST TWO LEVELS! :wtf:

Yeah, he killed his wife and children but let Artemis live because he thought she had potential.

1 hour ago, Blademaster! said:

This doesn't use IPS for patching, but UPS. Try patching with NUPS or use the mobile patch link in the OP and see if that changes anything.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, he killed his wife and children but let Artemis live because he thought she had potential.

Hey dude. Thanks for the tip but the online patcher dont work well for me. It takes so long to patch that i feel it aint working for me. So instead i tried an alternative thats ass backwards for my taste with relation to mobile gaming. Installing a better emulator or more specifically, a more latest version. Right now im using myboy 1.8.0 and it work just fine. And whats more, the internal ups patcher did the work for me like a charm

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, really enjoying the hack so far.  But I've been ignoring Daedalus due to a glut of axe wielders in my team, and I've had him be a required deployment for the last three or so maps.  Is that going to continue?  I'd love to know whether I have to use him for the rest of the game so I can train him up now instead of being dead weight

7 hours ago, kilconey said:

Hey guys, really enjoying the hack so far.  But I've been ignoring Daedalus due to a glut of axe wielders in my team, and I've had him be a required deployment for the last three or so maps.  Is that going to continue?  I'd love to know whether I have to use him for the rest of the game so I can train him up now instead of being dead weight

Yes, he is a lord character.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished your hack in hard mode and i have to sign up for an sereneforest account to say: IT'S AWESOME. This is the 1st time i try to play a gba FE hack, but everything exceeds my expectation. From story to gameplay, animation and music, it took me 40 hours+ in 3 days to finish (blinded mode). I must admit that i even like the gameplay of this hack more than latest FEs from 3ds and NS

Spoiler

Quite impressive about the way you design chapter 25, you even let the shop sell armorslayer lol

Now i can't enjoy other FE hacks because i just loved yours though i already finished it. 

Edited by Blaze.Inv

11 hours ago, Blaze.Inv said:

Just finished your hack in hard mode and i have to sign up for an sereneforest account to say: IT'S AWESOME. This is the 1st time i try to play a gba FE hack, but everything exceeds my expectation. From story to gameplay, animation and music, it took me 40 hours+ in 3 days to finish (blinded mode). I must admit that i even like the gameplay of this hack more than latest FEs from 3ds and NS

Hide contents

Quite impressive about the way you design chapter 25, you even let the shop sell armorslayer lol

Now i can't enjoy other FE hacks because i just loved yours though i already finished it. 

Thank you very much and I'm glad you liked it! There are much better hacks than this one out there, so I'm sure you'll enjoy any you try out!

A huge milestone for SGW has finally been reached! After having started in August 2020 and being willing to put up with all the updates this hack has had, Cornchip has finally finished his SGW LP of normal mode! And it was quite the adventure!

If you're interested in watching it, please check it out from the first video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_treUaRxk0&list=PLlA6bN4Mby0Tht6-Xo8mDTnwgZSVhZW1_&index=1

I'm looking forward to what Cornchip does next and I wish him (and I hope you do too!) the best on his future projects! He's a great guy!

Made an account just to say that I've played almost all major hacks out there and that this one is absolutely top 5 or so. It is very ambitious and tbh, I was overwhelmed a bit at first but it feels like even late into the game I'm always discovering new items or classes. Pretty much all the units are usable and have their own strengths/weaknesses. Like I avoided using Lex or Evan my first run, but on my second run, they're hard-carrying me.

My only minor criticism is, like others have already said, the rate of gold acquisition. I do really like the capture mechanic and once I better understood how to use it, I stopped having money problems until like Chp 15 or so. Around then, it becomes less feasible to capture units (due to the nature of needing to last hit and there being much more units and therefore less turns to use fucking around). I do think Capture should continue being necessary to use around then, but I think a good middle ground would  be slightly reducing shop costs (especially staves.) Scarcity for stronger items is good but it should be less punishing especially to newer players. Like rather than running out of weapons and staves entirely if you don't optimally capture, make it so Heal and Steel weapons are easy available while still being "suboptimal." Hope I made sense and thanks for the hack!

5 hours ago, GreilGuy69 said:

Made an account just to say that I've played almost all major hacks out there and that this one is absolutely top 5 or so. It is very ambitious and tbh, I was overwhelmed a bit at first but it feels like even late into the game I'm always discovering new items or classes. Pretty much all the units are usable and have their own strengths/weaknesses. Like I avoided using Lex or Evan my first run, but on my second run, they're hard-carrying me.

My only minor criticism is, like others have already said, the rate of gold acquisition. I do really like the capture mechanic and once I better understood how to use it, I stopped having money problems until like Chp 15 or so. Around then, it becomes less feasible to capture units (due to the nature of needing to last hit and there being much more units and therefore less turns to use fucking around). I do think Capture should continue being necessary to use around then, but I think a good middle ground would  be slightly reducing shop costs (especially staves.) Scarcity for stronger items is good but it should be less punishing especially to newer players. Like rather than running out of weapons and staves entirely if you don't optimally capture, make it so Heal and Steel weapons are easy available while still being "suboptimal." Hope I made sense and thanks for the hack!

Thank you for this feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the hack! Reducing the costs of staves is something that people have mentioned to me before and I don't want to do as I would rather make the player actually try and capture them more often than buy them. This hack gives the player so many weapons that capturing them isn't super necessary, but staves and to an extent bows are a bit of an exception to that, and I don't want to change that.

SGW V1.6 is finally here at last! But, with a bit of added and important news. SGW V1.6 is likely going to be the last update for the main SGW game. I don't have any further balance changes or additions in mind that aren't going to be lunatic mode exclusive and I think the difficulty is as good as it'll get.

The only other updates that may come after this one are game breaking bug fixes. Either way, thank you to everyone for your support in helping SGW get this far. Lunatic mode is a long while away, but I hope you can play it one day! In the mean time, I'm going on a hacking vacation for sure this time...

As always, the patch can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

g5CSqMt.pngUuc7ZkM.png
H6Vkh04.pngN0ehJIW.png

Change log below:

V1.6:

- Added Version number to title image
- Added in an in game guide that details chapter goals and class skills
- Reduced and adjusted amount and timing of reinforcements in chapters 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 19, 20
- Fixed various typos
- Lowered enemy male bishop base con (wasn't the same as female/player class version)
- Reduced number of death tomes in the hack
- Adjusted AI of some enemies in chapters 19, 22, 23, and 24
- Made a certain enemy in chapter 17 essentially unkillable
- Removed cantors from the final chapter to help reduce chance of running into sprite OAM overflow issue
- Attempted to fix AI issue with Gorgons using stone
- Added known bug #16 to the Readme. This is a minor visual bug.
- Addjusted some tiles in chapters 8 and 22
- Changed up the starting mrymidons equipment in chapter 7 a bit
- Adjusted starting position of enemies in chapter 8
- Added a stealable lock pick to chapter 8
- Dexithea can now recruit R in chapter 8
- Added in a seperate map sprite for bow wielding bone walkers
- Modified the equipment and drops of an enemy in the final chapter
- Blademasters now give more exp
- Fixed bug with fatigue restoring items
- Fixed some bugs with the mage dragon animation
- Fixed bug that caused Kirin to potentially lose her anima rank on promotion to bishop
- Fixed and boosted speed of Hawk's supports
- Fixed issue with Clea not having 1 leadership
- Fixed bug where Chrysler used the wrong moving sprite as a colonel
- Fixed issue where many enemies had 0 PCC instead of 1
- Fixed bug with chapter 8 end cutscene where a character was displayed in the wrong class
- Fixed some camera bugs in chapter 23 and 24
- Made a variety of refinements to weapon descriptions for consistency sake and to improve what the description says they actually do
- Made adjustment to Dexithea and R's C support
- Changed name of Luna and eclipse tome as they don't function the same as vanilla
- Buffed secret character C's PCC from 0 to 1
- Buffed secret character D
- Gave ulysses a unique axe for help with capture
- Kirin now has drive res instead of spur res as a personal skill
- Added a new paired ending between El and R
- Added a new death quote for boss Bg in the final map

1 hour ago, ThanDragon1 said:

Hey I was wondering if there was a bug thread, feedback, discord etc. I discovered this rom hack recently and I love it. I have a lot of comments and questions in the back of my mind

Yes, there should be a link to the discord in the OP or you could mention them here.

I will probably do a more elaborate feedback later, but for now some quick questions would be

1. is 0 growth rate patch for the people seeking harder difficulty?

2. Some character have cutscenes apparences or further chapter apparences. I know that some are very major and does influence the outcome or endings (i suppose), but some bosses are clearly meant for you to not kill them. For example, what if you kill pyron in chapter 16? What if I kill lynch the first chapter he appeared? (would be impossible on 0 growth hard mode).

Basically, id like to know if there is a the visual reference. about if x character is dead/alive -> event. Including very small details, special dialogs etc.

Thanks!! 🙂

6 hours ago, ThanDragon1 said:

I will probably do a more elaborate feedback later, but for now some quick questions would be

1. is 0 growth rate patch for the people seeking harder difficulty?

2. Some character have cutscenes apparences or further chapter apparences. I know that some are very major and does influence the outcome or endings (i suppose), but some bosses are clearly meant for you to not kill them. For example, what if you kill pyron in chapter 16? What if I kill lynch the first chapter he appeared? (would be impossible on 0 growth hard mode).

Basically, id like to know if there is a the visual reference. about if x character is dead/alive -> event. Including very small details, special dialogs etc.

Thanks!! 🙂

1. Yes, it's for people who want more of a challenge.
2. There is no such guide. Killing or leaving optional bosses alive can have different affects on events in the game.

ive seen some long plays on youtube (i dont mind being spoiled that much), so I've decided to jump into 0 growth hard mode.... the hardest thing for me is to not get attached to characters as I need to drop the early characters due to their poor stats (God astrea can't do shit later on lol)

Without such guide i guess im gonna have to do few replay the game few times (i think ill settle with normal difficulty by then or it would take forever)

SGW v1.61 is now out. It fixes some critical bugs that were discovered in the past week and adds in some changes that I wanted to make but forgot to in the previous update.

Now, this time I mean it when I am going on a hacking break...

As always, it can be downloaded at the same link as always: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

Changelog:

> V1.61:
>
> - Removed the enemy only liquid ooze skill from the hack
> - Fixed bug where blademaster in chapter 7 had double lion
> - In chapter 24, fixed issue where event that causes a certain boss to move happens sooner than supposed to
> - Fixed bug where enemy cavalier had a steel lance they were not able to use
> - Ninja, Dread fighter, and executioner magic cap was raised by 5
> - Fixed issue where Yang had sword rank
> - Fixed minor issue where a boss had bow rank for a weapon they did not use
> - Added a heavy spear to the chapter 25 prep shop
> - Fixed some tile issues with chapter 9
> - Fixed minor bug with chapter 17 starting cutscene
> - Updated HP stealing weapon text
> - Updated Gamble menu text
> - Fixed various typos
> - Made it near impossible to kill Henry in chapter 10 (he is supposed to die in a cutscene on turn 2)
> - Made it harder to kill Dario in chapter 10 only

So right after I released the previous patch, someone on YouTube (I do my best to read feedback everywhere, so please never hesitate to contact me with bug questions!) was kind enough to point out a game breaking bug that's existed since V1.6 soooooooo....

V1.62 is now out at the usual link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

My apologies that my incompetence lead to back to back updates like this.

Changelog:

> V1.62:
>
> - Fixes gamebreaking bugs related to a certain chapter 17 boss's weapon