[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Unknown2 said:

Hey blademaster any updates related this new patch

I'm currently on the rework of chapter 10 for fixing unit palettes, making sure only the proper classes are being used, reworking item availability over the course of the game, etc.

I spent almost all day yesterday fixing issues with all the new spell animations, but they're all working now.

The next patch will either be out this month or next, but definitely before three houses unless something goes horribly wrong or I just become too busy with other things. Only 7 chapters to fix and 1 to completely rework before the next patch.

19 hours ago, Blademaster! said:

I'm currently on the rework of chapter 10 for fixing unit palettes, making sure only the proper classes are being used, reworking item availability over the course of the game, etc.

I spent almost all day yesterday fixing issues with all the new spell animations, but they're all working now.

The next patch will either be out this month or next, but definitely before three houses unless something goes horribly wrong or I just become too busy with other things. Only 7 chapters to fix and 1 to completely rework before the next patch.

Salute for your hard work man

Been making some good progress. Decided to add in another quick chapter for the purpose of spacing and slightly better developing certain things in the story. So far I think it's a bit of an annoying chapter, but we'll see. Made some other minor tile palette updates to make Merv maps more similar.

iVxMTlz.pngeeITYze.pngxYJtcM8.png
I9hhqki.pngZtfjOXm.pngXI4EV24.png

Either next weekend or the weekend after is when the next patch should come out at my current pace, but I make no guarantees on that.

Edited by Blademaster!

16 hours ago, Blademaster! said:

Been making some good progress. Decided to add in another quick chapter for the purpose of spacing and slightly better developing certain things in the story. So far I think it's a bit of an annoying chapter, but we'll see. Made some other minor tile palette updates to make Merv maps more similar.

iVxMTlz.pngeeITYze.pngxYJtcM8.png
I9hhqki.pngZtfjOXm.pngXI4EV24.png

Either next weekend or the weekend after is when the next patch should come out at my current pace, but I make no guarantees on that.

So how long this new patch is gonna be now

7 hours ago, Mistweaver said:

Looks great! I really like Astrea's new portrait design. Looking forward to this. 

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Unknown2 said:

So how long this new patch is gonna be now

19 chapters including the prologue. There are no gaiden chapters.

I'm going to give a small update since I originally said I wanted this to be ready by the end of June. At this time, with the upcoming vacation, I'm hoping to release the next patch on July 7th. I only need to debug the last chapter that would be included in the patch and fix up some other issues here and there before release. I've done my best to beta test what's there and balance it as best I can, but this will ultimately be a demo where I will really appreciate any kind of balance feedback such as X being too strong/weak (same as the enemies) along with any noticed typos, bugs, etc. In terms of story telling, I'm a bit worried that chapters 17 and 18 (the last two) aren't very coherent and I likely have a lot of work to do on fixing things up before a final release of this whole thing.

So while I make no promises, my goal is to finish this last chapter, do one more playthrough to make sure there are no major bugs and balance isn't that awful, and release the next demo on the 7th.

Happy 4th of July everyone.

Zv9XzcM.png

All the chapters for the next patch are now finished. I just need to do one last debug run, clean up some things here and there, and it should be good to go. If by chance I finish before the 7th, I will release the next patch early, however I make no promises. Outside of one unforseen bug (which I don't see happening but I'm going to test again to make sure I killed it) I should still hit the projected release date.

Version 4 patch is ready. Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u594nizr0c57315/v4.zip?dl=0

Caml6wI.pngElVqJsC.pngTTvoV5A.png
TmqjDB9.pngMxjuxJh.pngIDSpKPW.png

This is version 4 of this hack. It is 19 chapters long (prologue - chapter 18) and there are no gaiden chapters. Outside of bug fixes, the next major patch will be the last one, finishing up the hack and adding in supports. I don't expect to release this patch until around December at the earliest as I don't want to release the final patch during "Three Houses Season" so to say.

Please make sure to read the README and the credits. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Not sure what else to add, but any constructive feed back is welcome.

2 hours ago, Blademaster! said:

Version 4 patch is ready. Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u594nizr0c57315/v4.zip?dl=0

This is version 4 of this hack. It is 19 chapters long (prologue - chapter 18) and there are no gaiden chapters. Outside of bug fixes, the next major patch will be the last one, finishing up the hack and adding in supports. I don't expect to release this patch until around December at the earliest as I don't want to release the final patch during "Three Houses Season" so to say.

Please make sure to read the README and the credits. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Not sure what else to add, but any constructive feed back is welcome.

Ahhhhh,At last. Your game is the only reason i came here. 😂

This is the only fire emblem hack that i waiting for. I really like this game because it is more challenging than others. But do you have a list for the skills of all classes and at which level they will learned it. Sorry for my bad english and really thanks for your hard work, the game look wonderful and i can't wait to see the last patch.

Edit: In chapter 1, if i visit the house on the right side of the map first cause the left one close and can't be visited. Is this a bug?

Fire Emblem_1562584559619.png

Fire Emblem_1562584567513.png

Edited by Danteria
Bug report

10 hours ago, Blademaster! said:

Man what a amazing story line blademaster Cant wait to find out whats gonna happen next Its a request that plz release the next patch soon Or the suspense of story is gonna give me a headache

Also i cant find any second tier evolution item for magic users

also in case of artemis She was a shaman She was supposed To promote into mage fighter but she became a druid instead

Edited by Unknown2
Add

5 hours ago, Danteria said:

This is the only fire emblem hack that i waiting for. I really like this game because it is more challenging than others. But do you have a list for the skills of all classes and at which level they will learned it. Sorry for my bad english and really thanks for your hard work, the game look wonderful and i can't wait to see the last patch.

Edit: In chapter 1, if i visit the house on the right side of the map first cause the left one close and can't be visited. Is this a bug?

Fire Emblem_1562584559619.png

Fire Emblem_1562584567513.png

I can't view your images. If you're visiting one house and that's causing a completely different one to close, that is a bug. I'll take a look at it later, but that isn't something I've ever experienced before.

Characters learn new skills at the following levels (NOTE Not all characters get 6 skills in total):

Level 5 or 8

Level 10

Tier 1:

Level 15 and 20

Tier 2:

Level 20 and 25

Tier 3 (Physical units only):

Level 25 and 30

The tier level skills are always the same based on the unit's class just learned at a later level the higher the tier they are in ala Pokemon.

2 hours ago, Unknown2 said:

Also i cant find any second tier evolution item for magic users

also in case of artemis She was a shaman She was supposed To promote into mage fighter but she became a druid instead

Shamans now promote to Druids once again. The Mage Fighter class was removed. What chapter were you up to when you made this comment? I believe you only are able to get 5 or 6 guiding rings in the entire patch.

Ahhhhh,At last. Your game is the only reason i came here. 

😂

Thanks! I hope you're enjoying the new update! Edited by Blademaster!
Edit

On 7/8/2019 at 10:40 AM, Blademaster! said:

I can't view your images. If you're visiting one house and that's causing a completely different one to close, that is a bug. I'll take a look at it later, but that isn't something I've ever experienced before.

Characters learn new skills at the following levels (NOTE Not all characters get 6 skills in total):

Level 5 or 8

Level 10

Tier 1:

Level 15 and 20

Tier 2:

Level 20 and 25

Tier 3 (Physical units only):

Level 25 and 30

The tier level skills are always the same based on the unit's class just learned at a later level the higher the tier they are in ala Pokemon.

Shamans now promote to Druids once again. The Mage Fighter class was removed. What chapter were you up to when you made this comment? I believe you only are able to get 5 or 6 guiding rings in the entire patch.

Thanks! I hope you're enjoying the new update!

Well i spent my whole day playing this hack i completed it upto ch18 and i was really impressed with the storyline it was amazing thats why i cant wait for next patch as for guilding rings i used only 3 on evan artrmis and sakura as geomancers have grt criticals and was. Really helpful And i have left up with one spare so my guess is either there are 4 aur mabe i have missed one or two

On 7/8/2019 at 11:44 AM, SaintSassy said:

What's with Artemis and Charles having such low skill growth? Makes me not want to use them

Well artemis hp is pretty low i got her to lvl 30 as druid but still got only 31 hp as for charles dont mind the resistance but at its 2nd teir stage he is pretty good strength wise and defence wise i used him during the 3 boss choice mission and charles one hit ko the wyvern boss using dragon spear

MODEDIT: yo don't doublepost

Edited by Unknown2

1 hour ago, SaintSassy said:

What's with Artemis and Charles having such low skill growth? Makes me not want to use them

It's just how I balanced/designed them. Charles learns three skills that boost his accuracy and Artemis learns two of them in addition to being able to use high accuracy wind magic.

49 minutes ago, Unknown2 said:

Well i spent my whole day playing this hack i completed it upto ch18 and i was really impressed with the storyline it was amazing thats why i cant wait for next patch as for guilding rings i used only 3 on evan artrmis and sakura as geomancers have grt criticals and was. Really helpful And i have left up with one spare so my guess is either there are 4 aur mabe i have missed one or two

I'll double check on that and maybe make them buyable in the chapter 17 shop. Glad you enjoyed it! The next patch will be the last one, so it'll be awhile.

It's just how I balanced/designed them. Charles learns three skills that boost his accuracy and Artemis learns two of them in addition to being able to use high accuracy wind magic.

I'll double check on that and maybe make them buyable in the chapter 17 shop. Glad you enjoyed it! The next patch will be the last one, so it'll be awhile.

So how long do you intend to make the last patch

40 minutes ago, Street Hero said:

When it will, it will. Don't rushed people ffs. They have jobs, study or whatever it is. 

For Your kind info. By how long i mean How long chapter wise As for the fact I asked Blademaster Who the hell are you to warn me in any manner Next Time dont even bother replying On My post got that street hero

13 hours ago, Unknown2 said:

So how long do you intend to make the last patch

The next patch will be the final one. The contents that will be added are as follows:

1. Possibly swapping around some skills and making new ones available

2. Making some scrolls available earlier in the game, such as the Odo scroll to help boost skill growth (thanks @SaintSassy for your feedback in giving me this idea)

3. Add in any other balance recommendations

4. Anima magic triangle will be added in

5. Movement stars ala FE5 may be added in, I might make a poll on this

6. Supports will be completed (NOTE: No supports will have three conversations. They will only have one or two)

7. Either Six or Seven additional chapters. It depends on how I feel the pacing of the story is going and how long it takes for me to make each chapter.

I don't expect to release this next patch until December at the earliest.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Three Houses release date everyone! Probably not the best time to add a patch update, but I have added an updated patch that fixes the following three issues:

1. The game no longer freezes if Sniper!Nicole attacks at 1 range (she is the only archer with point blank)
2. The game no longer freezes if a female war cleric uses a magic animation
3. The conversation between the general and Astrea in chapter 9 should no longer freeze the game

As always, please let me know if you find any bugs or have other feedback. In terms of progress, I'm hoping to still get at least 1 chapter finished a month.

You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vza5pj0oh0p0nou/v4.1.zip?dl=0