[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His last post answers your question. If there is no news by the end of August, you can safely assume this hack has been abandoned ^_^

Well that is a terrible shame. I was looking forward to actually do a LP of the hack, because it showed great promise, but if it truly is abbadoned, it will feel pretty meaningless for me as a LP’er to give it any exposure.

Such is the fate of too many hacks these days though. Too many unique and flashy features means the developers bite over way more than they can chew, and since hacks have limited manpower, they often end up being stuck in limbo somewhere after chapter 7-8. It really sucks that the hacking community is so terrible at finishing their projects.

Again, I hope nobody takes this the wrong way. I am not bashing on anyone here, I just think it’s such as shame that so many promising projects are abandoned. I understand it’s a lot of working involved in creating hacks, and I’m sure there’s good reasons for cancelling, but I wish we would have a few more finished hacks at this point, and it doesn’t look like there’s gonna be more of them any time soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, it really has been awhile. Fates ate up so much of my free time. I really need to get back to working on this. From the last patch, I've made three new chapters and want to make one more for the next one, finishing up with another 6 after that for the whole thing. I may have to scrap supports since I just don't have the time. I was able to work on this so fast at the start since it was all I was doing before I got a job, but now it's just hard to find the time to balance working on this, seeing my friends, and keeping up with the things that entertain me personally.

Edited by Blademaster!

Damn, it really has been awhile. Fates ate up so much of my free time. I really need to get back to working on this. From the last patch, I've made three new chapters and want to make one more for the next one, finishing up with another 6 after that for the whole thing. I may have to scrap supports since I just don't have the time. I was able to work on this so fast at the start since it was all I was doing before I got a job, but now it's just hard to find the time to balance working on this, seeing my friends, and keeping up with the things that entertain me personally.

Hey, as long as it still exists, I don't mind the lack of support convos. I personally consider Kaga era bond supports better from a gameplay standpoint anyway. Think how Marth and Caeda got support bonuses in FE3 for example despite having no support convos in the game alongside everyone else

Glad to see this is still going! I feel you with Fates, I finally got around to it and getting all three routes. You should take your time with getting this done. No deadlines here, you're at the wheel. As for supports, I think if you have ideas for them you should write them down and save them somewhere. Supports that don't have dialogue would work just fine as placeholders at the moment. I think you should include dialogue, but that should be a feature completed after the main game.

RL comes first. Always.

For supports, see if you can get some help from other people.

Glad to see this is still going! I feel you with Fates, I finally got around to it and getting all three routes. You should take your time with getting this done. No deadlines here, you're at the wheel. As for supports, I think if you have ideas for them you should write them down and save them somewhere. Supports that don't have dialogue would work just fine as placeholders at the moment. I think you should include dialogue, but that should be a feature completed after the main game.

I have no real ideas for supports which contributes to the issue. Oreades was the only one because his supports would talk about his life pre-drunkeness.

RL comes first. Always.

For supports, see if you can get some help from other people.

I wouldn't be against asking other people for help, but that wouldn't come until after the project is pretty much completed. I don't want to ask people to help me with something and then just not release anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance you could make a family tree or something for this and CT? It's a bit difficult to keep track of who's related to whom and such.

Any chance you could make a family tree or something for this and CT? It's a bit difficult to keep track of who's related to whom and such.

I'm not really sure what the best way to go about making one is. There are lots of connections between characters, so even designing a family tree seems complicated. I'll see what I can do.

In other new, I'm pretty much just working half an hour a day when I'm able too. I was hoping to at least have a screen shot ready so far of something, but right now all I've been doing is working on things like death and boss quotes for the rest of the game. Nothing of note to really show off...

I'm not really sure what the best way to go about making one is. There are lots of connections between characters, so even designing a family tree seems complicated. I'll see what I can do.

In other new, I'm pretty much just working half an hour a day when I'm able too. I was hoping to at least have a screen shot ready so far of something, but right now all I've been doing is working on things like death and boss quotes for the rest of the game. Nothing of note to really show off...

If you end up making a character guide and a tree would be too complicated, I'd suggest writing up who everyone has a connection to and mention significant events they took part in. Doesn't have to be too complicated. For example {completely made up}: Don: Billy's father, married to Jessica. Leader of the 5th Cavalry during the Treeland Liberation War.

What you're doing now is one of the parts of game design that isn't the most glorious, but it will help the game be complete. Keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...

Finally, an actual update. Chapter 17 is in progress, though there won't be much to show since it all enters spoiler territory.

bqj2HIS.pngx5TQehg.pngSKvv6ot.png

Decided after some thought that after this chapter is done, there will only be 5 more left instead of 6. I'm not sure if I'll release a new patch for FEE3 this year or just skip out on it and wait until the whole main game is done for the final patch.

A new patch would add four more chapters and go to the end of part 3, with part 4 being the last part made of 5 chapters.

• 3 weeks later...

Lately I've just been rebalancing the whole hack due to it's shorter length. This mostly means certain characters will join at higher levels, but others got buffs in general to be more powerful(both early game mages for example). I've also been working on a stat page.

VF9QJ2f.jpg

Yeah i do.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/777peo

Here it is if you wanna check it.

or im not sure,maybe its this

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ltg4kv

I must not have tested the ally with bael route of this chapter enough. The bug is fixed in the most up to date version of the hack I'm working on, but in older/the current publicly available version it still exists like how you ran into it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ae5bzls9x4cghz0/bugfix.ups?dl=0

Try that patch on a clean rom. I tested it and it worked without issue.

A small updates of fixes I've been making.

urngX0w.png

In the prologue, Evan (the mage) no longer starts on a forest tile, making him less of an RNG risk.

Rzm8Jje.pngR2hjABe.png

Because the hack is shorter, lots of characters are being slightly buffed or are getting their stats changed up as well. Chrysler and Germano are two such examples.

I'm also making some dialogue fixes so the story flows better, but there won't be any major changes to the core tale or things like that.

Hey as I played through the game, once I got to chapter 4 I ran into a problem. If I turn off my GBA4iOS and try to play SGW again my whole game is reset as if I'm playing SGW for the very first time. It was heartbreaking

I'm sorry that you lost your progress.

I haven't tested this on GBA4iOS nor do I own an iPhone.

I'm not really sure how I would even go about testing this. Can anyone else confirm if they've had an issue like this or can someone point me in the direction of where I might look to attempt to fix this?

Otherwise the only thing I can say is that this hack is only tested to work on Visual Boy Advance and I can't say how it'll work on other emulators/cartridges.

Edited by Blademaster!

I'm sorry that you lost your progress.

I haven't tested this on GBA4iOS nor do I own an iPhone.

I'm not really sure how I would even go about testing this. Can anyone else confirm if they've had an issue like this or can someone point me in the direction of where I might look to attempt to fix this?

Otherwise the only thing I can say is that this hack is only tested to work on Visual Boy Advance and I can't say how it'll work on other emulators/cartridges.

I seem to have found a solution with syncing my GBA4IOS to my Dropbox to keep all my saves, but thank anyway. Phenomenal hack by the way. Waiting for more

• 2 weeks later...

It's that time again.

zWhavWa.png

The time for more beta testing. If you wish to beta test, please reply saying that you would like to. I'm looking for 5 beta testers. Anyone who has beta tested before will get first priority, followed by people who have actually posted in the thread before, then by account age.

The Beta is 18 chapters long (including the prologue)

I'll send out beta patches tomorrow when I get the requested amount of people. The zip file I give you will have more details on what exactly needs to be tested and such.

I am still undecided about releasing the next patch just yet. It is FEE3 season, so maybe I'd release something on the last day if beta testing goes well, but I'm leaning more towards just releasing one last final patch.