[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that really surprised me when I made that sheet was that, aside from Joanne and Ricky, Astrea has the lowest growth total in the game. Maybe that's why she's getting screwed for some people? I feel like Nereid's total is too low, too.

Baron looks sweet! Is Astrea's promotion an event?

Astrea has a low growth total because when she promotes, her growth rates don't drop. That's why Clint having 300 isn't really that low since most of the cast upon promotion has lower growth rates than him. I will still buff them since her having lower growths than Nereird and Evan isn't good. Nereid and Evan's growths I probably won't change since they're meant to have low growth rates.

Her promotion isn't an event, you just get the item for it as an event.

Two graphical nitpicks:

1. Ms. Fur Coat has no shading where her bangs meet her head.

2. Why is part of Astrea's cape missing (last two pictures)?

1. I'll see what I can do about that then.

2. I don't know why that part of the cape became a different color when I changed her palette, but it's something that you don't really notice when you're playing it in an emulator. It's a dark gold color that I guess is just hard to see in those pics.

Astrea has a low growth total because when she promotes, her growth rates don't drop. That's why Clint having 300 isn't really that low since most of the cast upon promotion has lower growth rates than him. I will still buff them since her having lower growths than Nereird and Evan isn't good. Nereid and Evan's growths I probably won't change since they're meant to have low growth rates.

That seems fair, though her not having any 50% growths other than HP, which is usually weighted higher anyway, is concerning. My beef is mostly that her growths are spread a little too thin, similar to Roy and Eliwood in the main series. I'll have to see how things look for post-promotion growths an totals before judging further, though. Nereid is still worrisome because her growths are weighted so high on HP, and the rest of the 225 spread thin as well. Evan should still be alright.

Just out of interest, how much chapters will the game be? 20 + Prologue and Finale, like FE8, or more than that?

Other than that though, it's great to see some more progress!

Edited by Pixelman

That seems fair, though her not having any 50% growths other than HP, which is usually weighted higher anyway, is concerning. My beef is mostly that her growths are spread a little too thin, similar to Roy and Eliwood in the main series. I'll have to see how things look for post-promotion growths an totals before judging further, though. Nereid is still worrisome because her growths are weighted so high on HP, and the rest of the 225 spread thin as well. Evan should still be alright.

Nereid still seems like a pretty good unit regardless though.

Just out of interest, how much chapters will the game be? 20 + Prologue and Finale, like FE8, or more than that?

Other than that though, it's great to see some more progress!

I'll talk about length of the hack more for the FEE3 update. It'll be over 20 though.

So when I upgrade my people they stay level 20 and can I get a full list of characters and how to recruit, your list is missing some.

Who stayed at level 20? And the full list is already on the front page.

is the point of putting dudes like olson in early chapters here to eventually have a sidequest in which Nereid has to engage each of them in battle before she meets her parents?

No. He's just there.

I meant including the ones you get at the start of the chapter

Does it really make that much of a difference if I list them? You get them automatically anyway (aka yes, they join by default and you can't miss them).

Edited by Blademaster!

Current changes based on Hard Mode feedback/testing. Will probably be a week or two before chapter 16 is done, especially since I'm hoping to make 16 one of the most difficult chapters in the game given what you'll be doing.

This is so far only for chapters P-5. IMO, only chapters 4 and 5 really posed a challenge with the changes.

Also, sadly there are some changes that won't carry over in .savs. These are just base HP/luk/weapon level changes though.

Changes for V2:

Changes that won't take effect if you have an old save file:

Any boosts to a units base luck/HP.

Charles's bow rank will not appear unless reclassed into Wyvern Lord, where it will be S rank.

Item changes:

Light Sword: Mgt+1, hit-5

Hatchet/Javelin: +20 hit -3 weight

Chapter changes:

1:

The bishop was removed.

3:

Charles now joins with an Iron bow instead of a vulnerary

4:

Magic enemies were nerfed.

Enemy resistance lowered.

5:

Enemy HP lowered slightly.

Classes:

Soldier/Ravager lost Crit+5 skill. This is due to there being too many ~1-3 crit rates in hard mode.

Character changes:

Astrea:

Her bases were boosted (+1 Str, Skl, Spd, Luk)

Her growths were boosted. (HP+10, Str/spd+5)

Evan:

His growths were boosted. (HP/Skl/Spd/Def/Res+5, Con+10)

Jenna:

Anima level boosted to D at base

Base were boosted slightly.

Her growths were altered. (Str/luk+10,spd-5)

Charles:

Can now use bows at base. Comes E rank.

Artemis:

Base stats boosted (+1 Hp/Str/con, +2 skl/spd)

Clint:

Base stats boosted.

Alright time for the FEE3 update. It's not really going to be anything big or special in regards of what to show, but rather what is planned.

For starters, I want to thank mangs for his job on the presentation for FEE3. It was very well done and I was more than happy with the depth he went over all the new features in. It was interesting to see a fresh take on chapter 1 and I'll be on the look out for your future videos for more feedback to improve the hack should you continue with them!

As far as the FEE3 update goes, this is in regards to the length of the hack and future patch plans.

The next patch has a release date pending, but it will add on 4 new chapters (concluding part 3 of the hack) and feature a more balanced hard mode. This new patch as such will feature 4 different endings: three bad ends (the two in the current hack plus a new one) and the normal end.

As I am currently very busy IRL and have less and less time to hack each day, the normal end is essentially an end like Book 2's or FE6's short end. While it can be considered a conclusion to the story, it is not the full/ideal ending. This ending is being included so that if I reach the point where I'm too busy to finish work on the hack and can't continue, there at least exists some kind of conclusion to the story. The next patch, V2, will as such default to the normal end for that release. The conditions for the normal end in future patches is to beat the boss of the chapter, speak with someone, and then seize the throne, but the normal goal for that chapter is to just seize the throne.

As far as what is actually planned for the future of this hack, this hack will in total be 28 chapters long over 5 story arcs/parts, however the 5th story arc is going to be split as two different routes you'll be able to play. As such, it is more accurate to say there will be 34 chapters in this hack, but you'd only play through 28 of them in a single go. The way you get into each route is very easy/simple and is decided upon in chapter 21 regardless of your previous choices/actions, however previous actions have different affects on the route you choose.

I only recently found out how I can have so many chapters, hence why there has been this change (most of the v1.1 update was based around setting the hack up for this route change, hence why the update took so long as opposed to v1.2). One route is the Pyron route, while the other I will not say by name for now. The Pyron route is the ending I originally came up with SGW to have before this discovery, and leans more towards being a sequel to CT. The other route is based on the original ending Sun God's Challenge was meant to have. This route is something different all together, though I feel like it'll be more enjoyable if you finish the Pyron route before trying this one.

Each route will be just the last 6 chapters of the hack (22, 23, 24, 25, 26, F). They feature mostly different playable characters, completely different plot lines, and events.

tl;dr this hack is 28/34 chapters long, with the last 6 chapters being split into different routes. The next patch will go up to chapter 17 and be 18 chapters long. It will default to an ending that exists incase I become unable to finish the hack due to IRL stuff, but I am still planning on going for the full ending.

Here, have some critique as I play through this. Playing on Normal.

Prologue:

In the pre-fight conversation, Astrea constantly refers to Sol as "love". Would it be possible to throw some other terms of endearment in there, like "honey", "dear", etc.?

Chapter 1:

That boss could use some stubble, IMO. Also, I routed the map, tee-hee~! Stripped Yang of his stuff before ending. . .hope Beige sticks around!

Chapter 2:

Looks like I became Gintoki-sexual, hope the character doesn't disappoint! In the bandit description, "Ruffian's" shouldn't have the apostrophe. Decided to stop here for the night (as in, did all the pre-chapter stuff)

My editor will finally be able to help me out this weekend so I'm hoping to start having the text flow much faster and better at that time and reduce repetitiveness.

Stubble like the chapter 3 boss/Sol has?

I did get the name for Gintoki from Gintama (don't really watch/read it though) and he hasn't done much yet. He starts to be important at the end of the 3rd arc/where the next patch ends.

- Stubble? Yep.

- Managed to get the fast clear on Chapter 3, somehow. Apostrophe problem in the enemy unit description persists (it was either the enemies here or next chapter).

Currently on Chapter 4, need to do some thinking. Those enemies start off right next to me. . .

One thing I was thinking of adding that would make chapter 4 seem not as intimidating a first time through/help with the rest of the hack is making it more obvious which enemies can and can't move. I know IS does the same thing with the main games, but it feels too handholdy for my tastes.

Got really lucky, and managed the fast clear on Chapter 6 while getting everything else. Now I need to figure out how to strategically get everything I want on Chapter 7.

Which is a bunch of Gems and that recruitable dude

Oh well. I think there's going to be a lot of additional battle sprites for FEXNA, though, so once that comes out aka when they announce Half Life 3 there may be some ladies with Axes.

Good news! the fem brigand and fem berserker were just released over on the feditor animations topic! Though Skitty claims it was always public despite not ever sharing a link

Also @Blademaster I'd like to let you know that I released an update to the Griffon Knight right here:http://feuniverse.us/t/animation-directory/457/126

Edited by Blue Druid