[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for beta testing!

I guess I'll give it a shot.

I'm down beta test to see if its balanced or any glitches.

Great! That's three beta testers then. I'll be PMing you all shortly with instructions and the beta.

i'll try it now, btw the link you've put in the first page is the patched rom ? or still the demo ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ae5bzls9x4cghz0/bugfix.ups?dl=0

Whenever I change Roa into a Dragoon the spears appear greyed out, as if he couldnt use them even tho he can since since he is a dragoon. Can you check this please?

I just tested all the public patches available along with the current dev copy, and did not run into this issue. Can you try applying this patch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ae5bzls9x4cghz0/bugfix.ups?dl=0 to a clean rom and using the same .sav you were using? He should be able to use lances and I can't find anything that would prevent him from doing so.

Chapter 18 screens.

EDIT: Chapter 18 is a seize mission. I need to update the mission window.

JvCUaqq.pngimk63Qo.pngqQ1k74I.png

LzDylc6.pngLy3MF2C.pngxCtBUAq.png

pqWM43v.pngcM6sQx0.png6a8x0b3.png

With this, there are only four more chapters, endings, and supports to go before the hack is finally done.

Beta testing is going very well. When my testers finish giving me all their feedback, I'll update the hack as such a release a patch that covers the first 3 parts of the game (Prologue to chapter 17). The last five chapters will be released after that in the fully completed hack. This last demo would get released in November at the earliest. In the meantime, updates will continue.

Edited by Blademaster!

Are we gonna be able to use our last save?

You should be able to, but there might be some small issues with certain units stats and certain characters might have had their reclasses swapped (I don't think many have).

Any characters that got HP buffs also wouldn't see these changes in their stats. Since it's been a year since the last patch, it might be for the best to start fresh since there have been quite a few tweaks, but an old .sav shouldn't cause any gamebreaking bugs.

Between the next patch and the final patch, you should definitely be able to use the same .sav without issue. That much I'm actively working to make 100% sure of.

• 3 weeks later...

After some thought, I realized I couldn't avoid not having one more chapter, so there is now an extra chapter, and thus four left for me to make before the hack is done. This means that SGW will be 24 chapters total.

Here are some chapter 19 screen shots.

ing62xJ.png0UFvQo7.pngPF2OC0D.png

v4z7ELY.pnggkoKjxX.pngaNlCPLC.png

Images are a work in progress. This chapter's text really needs some touch-ups. The mission goal is also defeat the boss and not rout.

In regards to the next beta, testing is still on going. I ran into a big bug that I would like fixed before the next release, but we'll see how things play out.

• 4 weeks later...

Since it's been almost a month, I figured I'd give a small update.

I've been adding in some new classes and skills as of late. While I've finished chapter 20's events, I haven't started the text. As a result, I don't have any screen shots to show.

Some of the new skills include skills from fates like Chivalry, Darting blow, and trample. As for new classes, lets just say there have been a lot of really great animations made over the past year.

When I've finished re-working the classes and the hack is done being proof read up to chapter 17, that's when I'll release the next patch. I figure this will take 2-3 months.

More female Axe users?

More classes for your female axe users to use at least, among other. The overall character count I plan to implement didn't grow as a result. If anything, it's shrunk since there were some late game characters I decided to remove.

Are you planning to do a more easier version of yours game for peoples who are more interested by the story ?

You could always just hack the ROM with gameshark if you want to do this. Normal mode is pretty fair and leans more towards the easy side, while hard mode feels solid enough to give a good challenge.