Character Speculation (As Units)

So we know the characters. We know the classes, for the most part. We can guess at their personalities. But how do you think FE14's current known cast will function in their classes? Fast? Strong? Tanky? Will they fit an archetype? Will the Jeigans/Oifeys that are Ryouma and Marx be useful at endgame? What about that most mysterious Dancer Lady? Discuss!

I don't think Marx and Ryouma are Jeigans/Oifeys. I'm getting the feeling the gentlemen on the far left of Nohr's box and far right of Hoshido's are the Jeigans. If Marx and Ryouma do turn out to be the Jeigans, they better make them good enough to carry on the team on any difficulty all the way through the game. They built those two up to be important characters. I want to use them.

I don't think Marx and Ryouma are Jeigans/Oifeys. I'm getting the feeling the gentlemen on the far left of Nohr's box and far right of Hoshido's are the Jeigans. If Marx and Ryouma do turn out to be the Jeigans, they better make them good enough to carry on the team on any difficulty all the way through the game. They built those two up to be important characters. I want to use them.

Yeah, I have a feeling that Ryouma and Marx are gonna be Seth-level good, whereas the butlers are gonna be just FE7 Marcus level or worse, judging by their apparent age and the fact that your Hermanos exist. Although, Marx and Ryouma both have signature weapons, and maybe they have them (from a gameplay perspective) so they can be viable at the end of the story. I really hope that they have good growths and stuff, because I really like both of them, and I don't want to have to bench them because they are soaking up all the XP.

Saizou could be the Jaffar/Volke of the game . He used a knife in the trailer and he look like a ninja/assassin he will probably have high skill and speed and be average in the other stats.

Im guessing that Marx and Ryouma are both going to be the Flavia and Bassilo of this game in that they are part of the plot for forever but don't actually join the party for some excuse or another until near the very end of the game and the two butlers are probably gonna be Jagens

Mh. I too don't think Marx and Ryouma are Jeigans. That would mean they being useless at some point of course the game can still be batshit crazy like FE8 with Seth. They seems to be too important for waste their "atmosphere". Same idea with being Gotohs (Flavia and Basilio, how suggested up there). I think they will be very prominent. They are two very publicized characters, no?

Saizou could be the Jaffar/Volke of the game . He used a knife in the trailer and he look like a ninja/assassin he will probably have high skill and speed and be average in the other stats.

I do kinda think that Saizou and Greenie will be the Red and Green Cavaliers, except Ninjas, because of Ryouma (probably) being a Swordmaster, a possible promotion for Ninja. Maybe they get improved Move or something? I dunno.

Im guessing that Marx and Ryouma are both going to be the Flavia and Bassilo of this game in that they are part of the plot for forever but don't actually join the party for some excuse or another until near the very end of the game and the two butlers are probably gonna be Jagens

Mh. I too don't think Marx and Ryouma are Jeigans. That would mean they being useless at some point of course the game can still be batshit crazy like FE8 with Seth. They seems to be too important for waste their "atmosphere". Same idea with being Gotohs (Flavia and Basilio, how suggested up there). I think they will be very prominent. They are two very publicized characters, no?

I would probably cry if that were true. And I never cry. I haven't cried since I was a little kid. Unfortunately, it would make sense as we have never seen them in player control...

I didn't say they will not be playable. But, now you let me think about it... Effectively, they seems to importants for die. Uh, now I fear that they really will not be playable. But we see Marx as a playable unit in the trailers, right?

I think Marx and Ryouma will be Oifey/Basilio variations. They'll join you in some chapters, according to storyline, but they'll probably join and rejoin your party throughout the game. They're figureheads, so I suspect they'd be doing their own thing for the nation they're leading, while you go do your own thing.

On the other hand, they should have significantly more experience than you do at killing things.

Butler knights will probably be the Jeigans who stick with you throughout the game.

Edited by Crysta

I would probably cry if that were true. And I never cry. I haven't cried since I was a little kid. Unfortunately, it would make sense as we have never seen them in player control...

I would too probably. Marx is the character I'm most interested in, and I want to use him as long as possible during the story. When I play the Hoshido version, I want to use Ryouma. I getting a bit worried now that they won't really be available to use much. But then they're important characters so maybe they will be and I'm worrying for nothing.

I get the feeling that Ryouma will be heavy on the skill. I don't know why but it just seems...appropriate. Marx on the other hand I get a more strengthey vibe from. He just seems like he should be a heavy hitter type.

Personally I wouldn't mind Ryouma and Marx being around in short spurts or only at the end of the game. It'll make the time with them more special. The thing that'd make me sad is if they didn't have a decent amount of supports.

Not really sure, I do think it's interesting Nohr siblings has more pre-premotes. (Dark Knight boy)

Maybe they have a brand new mounted Mage class tree, like Trobadour is to Cleric, with less raw power and stats but with a mount and better defenses. Unlikely, but it'd be cool.

I don't think they're the Jagens either, but they seem too important to just be in the background for most of the game. Maybe they'll appear as green units on certain maps, perhaps even commanding a smaller group of their own, before joining later on.

For some reason Marx and Ryouma strike me as the type of guys who start out with endgame-worthy stats and join you for a couple of earlygame chapters (notably Chapter 6) before disappearing forever availability-wise for plot-related reasons, and rejoin your party near the end. They just don't seem like they could be weak enough to allow for consistent availability throughout the plot while maintaining game balance, especially since they're both wielding legendary weapons.

On the other hand, Archer (sniper?) and Dark Knight bros look like the type to start prepromoted, join reasonably early and have alright growths (possibly more of an Oifey type to contrast with the butler Jeigans?)

I wouldn't be stunned if Dark Knight Boy isn't a prepromo (which would presumably make him a new class which could promote into Dark Knight?), just because he looks so young. But I haven't looked closely at the map sprites from the video like I know some people have, so maybe he's confirmed to be the same class from Awakening, I dunno.

I also don't think Marx/Ryouma will be the ever-present jeigans. Which is fine by me, if it's anything like Awakening our jeigans could fall off like mad like they did in the days before FE8-10 (arguably FE7-10). I don't want Marx to be getting doubled and 2HKOed all the time lategame like Frederick was. :(

(I still love you, Frederick. You did good as a pairup partner.)

I'm just hoping that Camilla joins fairly early, isn't a pre-promote and is decent in the Str/Spd/Def departments.

We've seen her map sprite. She looks to join fairy early as a Wyvern Rider (or whatever they're calling the class this time)

I wouldn't be stunned if Dark Knight Boy isn't a prepromo (which would presumably make him a new class which could promote into Dark Knight?), just because he looks so young. But I haven't looked closely at the map sprites from the video like I know some people have, so maybe he's confirmed to be the same class from Awakening, I dunno.

I wouldn't say confirmed, but I did a quick check and I'd say it's definitely dangerously close. If anything, his class' sprite is actually looking slightly more "advanced" than that of Awakening's dark knight.

About Ryouma and Marx, their availability is definitely going to be a problem in my eyes, but on the other hand, I want them to actually be strong. I guess I'd really appreciate some sort of gaiden chapters where they're the main character instead of Kamui to compensate for that, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

Speaking of Kamui, I'm surprised at how little we've actually seen of him/her from a story perspective. At this point it really doesn't seem like we're being told his/her story, but rather that of the people he/she chooses to follow.

As for the topic at hand, It's hard to say because the exact opposite stands true; we've seen a lot of Kamui gameplay wise, and very little of anybody else. All I can say is that I'd be surprised if Camilla and Hinoka aren't top tier units, considering they ARE early game fliers. Dancer/Aqua being an actual dancer would probably make her the earliest in the series, which is... fine I guess. Otherwise, ninjas pretty much look like a non-promoted assassin somehow, and that cavalier guy we see everywhere is most likely going to be a beast despite his stupid hair.

As for the topic at hand, It's hard to say because the exact opposite stands true; we've seen a lot of Kamui gameplay wise, and very little of anybody else. All I can say is that I'd be surprised if Camilla and Hinoka aren't top tier units, considering they ARE early game fliers. Dancer/Aqua being an actual dancer would probably make her the earliest in the series, which is... fine I guess. Otherwise, ninjas pretty much look like a non-promoted assassin somehow, and that cavalier guy we see everywhere is most likely going to be a beast despite his stupid hair.

Dude, Pompadour for life.

I hope Felicia has good growths. Since I'm picking Hoshido first, I kind of run into the dilemma as to which healer I want to use between Felicia and Sakura. Of course, the only criteria with which to base my decision is how much I like the characters based on what little we've seen of them as of now. But, y'know, why not both? Looks like promoted Sakura gets a bow. That's pretty badass, but I'm not really fond of mixed offensive classes.

All I want is that Hinoka/Tsubaki arent garbage like every Peg Knight I tried to use. Hinoka because I want to use all the family members and Tsubaki cause I like him.

I wouldn't say confirmed, but I did a quick check and I'd say it's definitely dangerously close. If anything, his class' sprite is actually looking slightly more "advanced" than that of Awakening's dark knight.

About Ryouma and Marx, their availability is definitely going to be a problem in my eyes, but on the other hand, I want them to actually be strong. I guess I'd really appreciate some sort of gaiden chapters where they're the main character instead of Kamui to compensate for that, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

Speaking of Kamui, I'm surprised at how little we've actually seen of him/her from a story perspective. At this point it really doesn't seem like we're being told his/her story, but rather that of the people he/she chooses to follow.

I agree that both of the fliers will be top tier. Just look at Palla and Catria in FE12 for similar comparison.

Ryoma and Marx seem too plot important to be playable characters early in the game so they'll either be Basilo's or not playable at all. I also have a theory (shocking twist, more like it) that you'll need to kill Ryoma and Marx regardless of the route you choose. Look at the dialogue from Marx that we've seen. One has him doubting that his father could be evil and another has him swinging his sword at Kamui saying "As for that justice you believe in...prepare to receive it!" Kamui is trying to reform Nohr so maybe Marx will stand in opposition to that. Then again, you presumably join Hoshido out of a sense of justice so it could be that too.